• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Worst Guest Ever!

Started by Lunger, May 29, 2009, 07:17:47 AM

ItsOver

I suppose Lee Cigar was technically a guest last night but since she's also a host and was on with Dave, can we now consider Jorch the worst guest ever?

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 20, 2015, 02:42:04 PM

Welcome to Bellgab, and I hope you enjoy the site because unlike the C2C it doesn't suck... and there are a lot of smart and cool people here. According to the C2C site Matt "Twilight" Fraser was on back in 2012, and as George said "you have been doing this for a long time, huh?" Despite him being 23 years old. 

Norry has a weird experiences with regard to time. He thinks it is moving faster and faster each year. He has been shaving from "in his 20's" according to his commercial. A guy of Lebanese descent not starting to shave until his "20's?"  :o He frequently think quests haven't been on "in a long time" when then have (and vice-versa.) This could be due to portals.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 04:53:04 PM
Norry has a weird experiences with regard to time. He thinks it is moving faster and faster each year. He has been shaving from "in his 20's" according to his commercial. A guy of Lebanese descent not starting to shave until his "20's?"  :o He frequently think quests haven't been on "in a long time" when then have (and vice-versa.) This could be due to portals.

Indeed. I have never heard anyone be so wrong on judging people and/or things in that aspect as Noory is these days. Sometheen is going on there.

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 20, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
Indeed. I have never heard anyone be so wrong on judging people and/or things in that aspect as Noory is these days. Sometheen is going on there.
In his defense. Anyone who follows the same routine, doesn't appear to have interest or joy in his job, and asks the same old questions -off the same old 3x5 cards- night after night after night might start to distort time perception or even start to hallucinate portals. Or forget basic motor skills and shave off half of one's mustache, burn oneself on pizza rolls, etc.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 20, 2015, 09:21:50 AM
I agree with you about Gary North. There was a lot of millennial angst about then, of course, and Art certainly rode that wave for as long as he could. North really got off on the possibility of imminent social breakdown and I remember thinking at the time that is must have a religious connection, and sure enough  he turned out be an evangelical Christian who went around prisons bothering the inmates with all his 'The End is nigh, be thou afear'd' balls.

I know a guy who's world view is based of this nutter. As I said to him once: North should just go join ISIS. He'd be right at home there. Totally insane.

albrecht

Quote from: Saucer Smeared on May 20, 2015, 05:21:01 PM
I know a guy who's world view is based of this nutter. As I said to him once: North should just go join ISIS. He'd be right at home there. Totally insane.
He is a nut but, in a way, Y2K is like terrorism or crime-fighting etc. I've had tech-nerd programmers and government folks back then say proof that no catastrophe is because we spent a lot (to them) and fixed it. Like the "proof" of needing the huge surveillance police state is that we HAVEN'T had another 911 etc, violent crime is down, and so on. And like all the 2012 nutsos who, know, say we adverted it by focusing intention etc and other bs. Now the "proof" is that it DIDN'T happen because we warned people and fixed it.

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
He is a nut but, in a way, Y2K is like terrorism or crime-fighting etc. I've had tech-nerd programmers and government folks back then say proof that no catastrophe is because we spent a lot (to them) and fixed it. Like the "proof" of needing the huge surveillance police state is that we HAVEN'T had another 911 etc, violent crime is down, and so on. And like all the 2012 nutsos who, know, say we adverted it by focusing intention etc and other bs. Now the "proof" is that it DIDN'T happen because we warned people and fixed it.

I don't know if it's proof, but a lot of expense and effort did go into rewriting code to prevent major disruptions during Y2K.  I think that's something you should be able to document if you went to the trouble.  My brother was rewriting code for our provincial government in preparation.  He's one of the most conservative (not by the U.S. definition, but in terms of his demeanor) people you could hope to meet.  He's not conspiratorial or political at all, but in the months leading up to the year 2000 he was rather disgusted that so many companies and institutions had waited too long to properly fix their code.

I don't think you can legitimately compare that to something like 2012.  Y2K was a quantifiable problem which documentably involved real world systems and was a concern to real world professionals.  In a similar way, a nuclear apocalypse was a justifiable concern because all the real world systems were in place for that to happen; but it never did.  We've so far managed to avert it.  The 2012 scenario on the other hand never had any real world support and was never taken seriously by professionals trained in related fields.  As far as terrorism goes, I'm sure there is at least some truth that the estimated one trillion dollars spent on homeland security since 2001 has prevented some incidents, but I have no real way to know since that kind of information is generally classified.  By the way, I don't personally support the continued existence of a Department of Homeland Security or anything which clamps down on the principle of anonymous movement and commerce within a democratic nation.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 20, 2015, 05:49:19 PM
I don't know if it's proof, but a lot of expense and effort did go into rewriting code to prevent major disruptions during Y2K.  I think that's something you should be able to document if you went to the trouble.  My brother was rewriting code for our provincial government in preparation.  He's one of the most conservative (not by the U.S. definition, but in terms of his demeanor) people you could hope to meet.  He's not conspiratorial or political at all, but in the months leading up to the year 2000 he was rather disgusted that so many companies and institutions had waited too long to properly fix their code.

I don't think you can legitimately compare that to something like 2012.  Y2K was a quantifiable problem which documentably involved real world systems and was a concern to real world professionals.  In a similar way, a nuclear apocalypse was a justifiable concern because all the real world systems were in place for that to happen; but it never did.  We've so far managed to avert it.  The 2012 scenario on the other hand never had any real world support and was never taken seriously by professionals trained in related fields.  As far as terrorism goes, I'm sure there is at least some truth that the estimated one trillion dollars spent on homeland security since 2001 has prevented some incidents, but I have no real way to know one way or the other since that kind of information is generally classified.  By the way, I don't personally support the continued existence of a Department of Homeland Security or anything which clamps down on the principle of anonymous movement and commerce within a democratic country.
For sure, by no means to I equate the 2012 crap to Y2K, nuclear war, or terrorism. But I do question the real threat and costs and even basic logic (if someone was concerned about a country wouldn't securing on the border and checking of immigrant and travelers VISA status and background be one of the first priorities?) If, at least until recently, there were a few known, admitted threats wouldn't it be logical to profile based on that threat? Or shake down and grope granny or some palsied kid in a wheelchair? If security were really the point why would political correctness over-ride it, and hiring at agencies do better background checks on the Military, TSA and workers actually involved in it? Versus lowering entrance standards or allowing criminals (albeit minor ones supposedly) or even aliens (and even illegal aliens) in to the ranks?

Nick el Ass

Nancy Lieder is on at the top of my list of bad guests because was certifiably insane. I think she failed so much she got the boot for going on a rampage about George "Dubya" Bush via the Zeta's which is code for the voices in her head.

albrecht

Dr. Judy Wood. I don't mind a good conspiracy or conspiracy theorist, but have some semblance of being able to talk, answer questions, or at least rant semi-coherently. I think "directed energy weapons" must have been beamed at her brain. To think that she somehow got an advanced degree and some point and now can barely speak a sentence. Gotta be a conspiracy there.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 06:39:39 PM
Dr. Judy Wood. I don't mind a good conspiracy or conspiracy theorist, but have some semblance of being able to talk, answer questions, or at least rant semi-coherently. I think "directed energy weapons" must have been beamed at her brain. To think that she somehow got an advanced degree and some point and now can barely speak a sentence. Gotta be a conspiracy there.

Richard C. Hoagland has brought her up in most of his recent appearances by calling her a genius, or something along those lines. That along with his Nazi's returning to Mars bs has made me hate Hoagland with the heat of a thousand burning suns.

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 05:58:12 PM
For sure, by no means to I equate the 2012 crap to Y2K, nuclear war, or terrorism. But I do question the real threat and costs and even basic logic (if someone was concerned about a country wouldn't securing on the border and checking of immigrant and travelers VISA status and background be one of the first priorities?) If, at least until recently, there were a few known, admitted threats wouldn't it be logical to profile based on that threat? Or shake down and grope granny or some palsied kid in a wheelchair? If security were really the point why would political correctness over-ride it, and hiring at agencies do better background checks on the Military, TSA and workers actually involved in it? Versus lowering entrance standards or allowing criminals (albeit minor ones supposedly) or even aliens (and even illegal aliens) in to the ranks?

Ah, sorry.  I had just stepped in from some exhausting work for a moment and typed my first reaction to the first thing I read.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 20, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
Richard C. Hoagland has brought her up in most of his recent appearances by calling her a genius, or something along those lines. That along with his Nazi's returning to Mars bs has made me hate Hoagland with the heat of a thousand burning suns.

Is that a lot?
-George Noory.

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 06:39:39 PM

I think she's part of the dis-disinformation campaign to make 9/11 truthers looks ridiculous.  Most already do though, so maybe this goes deeper than I've imagined.

WhiteCrow

Me....   we are talking about Gabcast call-ins... right?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 20, 2015, 10:44:15 PM
Me....   we are talking about Gabcast call-ins... right?

I have never heard you because someone sent a pm with the wrong date for the last show, and I only heard one other Gabcast. You are not a white supremacist crow are you?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 21, 2015, 03:54:29 AM

I have never heard you because someone sent a pm with the wrong date for the last show, and I only heard one other Gabcast. You are not a white supremacist crow are you?

No way Sir....I'm not a white supremacist, I'm an Elitist. I discriminate equally and fairly against everyone, with no regards to their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information or disability.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 21, 2015, 07:35:11 AM
No way Sir....I'm not a white supremacist, I'm an Elitist. I discriminate equally and fairly against everyone, with no regards to their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information or disability.

An equal opportunity hater. I figured with a little birdy version of the klan hood being pointy it might increase aerodynamics while in flight. Now back to bad guests I must mention the not so amazing Kreskin too. Art was right for dropping the banhammer on him.

I want to step in in defense of Lionel Fanthrope

George is entirely to blame with his ridiculous "greatest story teller ever born" non sense and forcing Lionel to go over the same three damn stories again and again.

Lionel isn't some guy who can only tell the story of spring heel jack - regardless of the impression George Noory gives.

Lionel has had a weird career and weird life, and in the hands of a vaguely competent interviewer you could get endless engaging material from him

Its a bit like George Noory invites Michio Kaku and calls him the world's greatest Elvis impersonator, and never ever lets him talk about physics but keeps asking him to sing You Ain't Nothing but A Hound Dog. Again. And again.

It's roughly that stupid

tos11201

Hoagland. Because he is always making shit up. Like that russian story about the lunar "cultural artifacts". I read the original story. Hoagland either didn't (naw!), or completely made shit up that wasn't in the story (yaw!).

akwilly

any guest that is peddling all natural supplements. Holy crap that stuff might work but dang that topic is boring and basically just a freaking infomercial.

akwilly

oh great 28 hours until benjamin fuchs comes on c2c. I honestly did'nt no that when I made my above post, but hey there are no coincidences

slippingaway

Quote from: expat on May 18, 2015, 01:55:46 PM
So there you have it. She'll proudly give air time to anyone who claims to have a cancer cure, without evaluating them at all. All part of the "vast possibilities."

Funny, I've written several hosts of several shows that wanna talk about fighting cancer, but I can't get anyone to take 5 minutes to look at insulin potentiation therapy (I.P.T. also called Micro-dose Chemotherapy).
Cancer absorbs sugar (glucose), so use glucose to bait the trap for chemotherapy.  The other cells don't take the bait as readily, so it's a precision strike on cancers that leaves the body with half the damage and almost none of the nasty side-effects of Chemo (nasuea, weight loss, hair loss, and the overall feeling of hell warmed-over). You use a fraction of the super-expensive chemo drugs.
Save money, recover quicker, and save lives. No wonder I can't get anyone to take it seriously, Healthcare is big business, and the money is in the treatment, not the cure.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Charles Daniels on June 25, 2015, 12:53:13 PM

George is entirely to blame with his ridiculous "greatest story teller ever born" non sense and forcing Lionel to go over the same three damn stories again and again.

Lionel isn't some guy who can only tell the story of spring heel jack - regardless of the impression George Noory gives.

Lionel has had a weird career and weird life, and in the hands of a vaguely competent interviewer you could get endless engaging material from him

Its a bit like George Noory invites Michio Kaku and calls him the world's greatest Elvis impersonator, and never ever lets him talk about physics but keeps asking him to sing You Ain't Nothing but A Hound Dog. Again. And again.

It's roughly that stupid

Yeah, I imagine Lionel Fanthorpe being interviewed by Knapp would be far more interesting, and could be even (gasp) scary.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Charles Daniels on June 25, 2015, 12:53:13 PM

It's roughly that stupid

Are you kidding me? Can you imagine what it would be like having Kaku on and pissing him off by saying, 'yeah, sure, Mich, but less of this String Theory Bull Shit and more 'Suspicious Minds'. I'd never stop listening.

Also, Jack the Ripper had a weird career/life, but I don't think it necessarily makes him  a suitable guest. Although Art had Ed Dames on far too often, and god only knows what that creepy little guy has up in his attic.

Fanthorpe is just a folksy little bore who has outlived his usefulness. I don't think even Art could get much blood out of that particular stone.