• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

how much research does george do on guests

Started by tweet75, November 13, 2012, 01:31:57 PM

tweet75

George used to talk about how he does extensive research on every guest. How much research do you think he really does?

Juan

sNoory does 8-hours of show prep per day, arriving at work at 2PM while in Los Angeles and leaving the studios at 3AM. 
I have some premium land for sale here in Florida, if you beleive the above, you can PM me for details.

Morgus

Noory himself does  no research at all, other than watching old Twilight Zone TV episodes.
He leaves the rest to his staff...

Quote from: BobGrau on November 13, 2012, 02:26:32 PM
He learns their names. Mostly.

Learning how to actually pronounce their names cuts into his 8 hour prep time, so he skips that part. But he does spend at least 45 minutes per day looking into the mirror and repeating "How are Yoooouuuuuuuu?" Sometimes he emphasizes the 'how', occasionally  the 'are', and other times the 'you'. It's a busy and fulfilling life.

ManiacMatt

He constantly checks his online banking account to make sure the check cleared and he practices saying the guests name at least 3 or 4 different ways.

ziznak

and makes up nick names for all his retarded callers as well

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 13, 2012, 02:54:16 PM
sNoory does 8-hours of show prep per day, arriving at work at 2PM while in Los Angeles and leaving the studios at 3AM. 
I have some premium land for sale here in Florida, if you beleive the above, you can PM me for details.

Of course, he spends most of that time tuning-up his vocal cords with Elvis songs, practicing his incredible impersonations, mainlining turmeric, and watching Tommy shovel-down tacos, pizza, and Ho Ho's.

That 8 hours of show prep includes several hours a day on hold waiting for his agent to pick up. 

The rest is Googling for twisted animal and kids stories, talking down to and 'joking' with Tommy and Lex, 5 minutes to look at ratings and radio station counts, and if there is any time left - reading a few screened emails.

When things are slow from all the breakneck prep activity and Georgie has time, he goes up on to the roof with his infrared glasses searching for ufo wars, although ever since the incident with the pigeon he seems to have lost interest.

But he always has time to make prank calls, like asking if the person on the other end has Prince Albert in a can. Wells falls for it every time because he wants to keep his job, but Noory only called Art once and that was it 'cuz Art picked up and yelled "Is that you Noory, you moron?" Then Jorch got scared and hung up and tried to get Tommy to change the phone number, but no dice.

someguy

a guest reallly caught noory awhile ago. the guest was like "as you'd know george, since you've read my book!" and noory was like "could be.. could be..." and the guest laughed in his face