• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

YouTube being eaten alive by a swarm of C2C shows

Started by DAE, September 18, 2012, 03:18:09 AM

DAE

Good grief... every time I search YouTube for alternative videos I keep running into all these darn George Noory C2C shows.  Anybody else annoyed by that?  I have currently counted 15+ different YouTube channels that specifically upload Coast shows, with many of the channels looking strangely the same, as in duplicated, via their style of video titles, wording, etc.  Part of me wonders if this is Coast 2 Coast AM itself running all these YouTube channels.  The worst is the misuse of video keywords or tags, which include words that do no relate to the specific show that was uploaded.  Thus when searching for stuff there's always a heap of Coast shows showing up in the search results.  When I search YouTube for stuff I am always usually sorting the search results by date, so I can see the latest vids on the topic I am searching for.  This is when I am usually bombarded by C2C shows.  The channels are not even contributing videos per se to the YouTube community, since Coast shows are audio only.  Gads... I cannot believe how much I hate Coast to Coast AM these last 5 or more years.  I used to be such a loyal and dedicated listener back in the Art Bell days, even recording each night's show in case I fall or need to sleep.  I used to tell everyone (friends and family) about Coast.  Now I am embarrassed to even recommend the show to anyone.  And it bothers me that more and more of the public will get exposed to George Noory all over YouTube. 

Frys Girl

Quote from: DAE on September 18, 2012, 03:18:09 AM
Good grief... every time I search YouTube for alternative videos I keep running into all these darn George Noory C2C shows.  Anybody else annoyed by that?  I have currently counted 15+ different YouTube channels that specifically upload Coast shows, with many of the channels looking strangely the same, as in duplicated, via their style of video titles, wording, etc.  Part of me wonders if this is Coast 2 Coast AM itself running all these YouTube channels.  The worst is the misuse of video keywords or tags, which include words that do no relate to the specific show that was uploaded.  Thus when searching for stuff there's always a heap of Coast shows showing up in the search results.  When I search YouTube for stuff I am always usually sorting the search results by date, so I can see the latest vids on the topic I am searching for.  This is when I am usually bombarded by C2C shows.  The channels are not even contributing videos per se to the YouTube community, since Coast shows are audio only.  Gads... I cannot believe how much I hate Coast to Coast AM these last 5 or more years.  I used to be such a loyal and dedicated listener back in the Art Bell days, even recording each night's show in case I fall or need to sleep.  I used to tell everyone (friends and family) about Coast.  Now I am embarrassed to even recommend the show to anyone.  And it bothers me that more and more of the public will get exposed to George Noory all over YouTube.
Yes, I have noticed. However, to me, the worst part is that the publishers are usually Noory disciples (if there be such a category of morons). If you dare to say "I'm pissed I clicked this video" or "this is such a load of horse manure," the publishers rush to tell you how awful you are.

ziznak

I'll bet they are using a blanket group of keywords that cover everything and anything that's ever been the subject for the show as well which would make you land on a show about say shadow people when you were really looking for a show on demonic rape. :)

ericdxx

What is it you rather see there instead of NooryC2C-shows? Alex Jones? God help us.

MV/Liberace!

what's funny is premiere leaves all of these c2c shows on youtube, yet a few people post shows on coastgab and out flies the DMCA notice.

Murder101

There is one guy who runs like 5 of the channels and uploads old shows in bulk and the newest show daily to each one. After the longest time one of his got taken down but he had those others set up as backups so it was no big deal.

ChandlersDad

I have been able to download Art Bell shows from such C2C YOUTUBE postings. While the majority of shows are new, there have been a lot of classic AB shows thrown in. I am grateful for that.