• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 05:10:23 PM
WTF kind of "official spokesman for the US government" was Dennis "the worm" Rodman?

Did HE work for the State Department?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/11/dennis_rodman_wearing_maga_hat_in_singapore.html

DENNIS RODMAN: We have really put ourselves on the line to reach out to North Korea. So let's make this happen. If Trump can pull this off, more power to him...

I talked to Kim Jong Un and the administration over there five years ago, and he asked me when we sat down for lunch, 'Hey Dennis, I would like to ask you three things to go back and tell the president of the United States these three things and I would be willing to talk to him.'

This is a true story and I've got me people here who heard the conversation. He said things like if they can move the (inaudible?) back from South Korea I will do what I have to do to listen. If you can move some things and do some things my ears will be open.

And I tried to do that to Obama, and Obama didn't even give me the time of day. I asked him, I said I had something to say from North Korea. He brushed me off. But that didn't deter me. I still kept going back, I showed my loyalty to this country, and I said to everybody the door will open.

CHRIS CUOMO, CNN: I remember you saying that.

RODMAN: It is amazing, it is amazing, when I said those damn things, when I went back home, I got so many death threats. So many death threats.

Rodman is a private citizen. Trump's personal lawyer represents Trump in a private legal capacity, and therefore his going on national TV (In the US and abroad) is seen as speaking on behalf of Trump-He certainly does when the topic of Stormy Daniels is mentioned, so presumably he can be seen in that capacity when foreign policy is brought up.

Are you on acid?

"President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to [North Korea], and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to the complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula," the statement said.

Trump and Kim agreed to four broad commitments, according to the signed document: to establish new U.S.-North Korea relations “in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity”; to join “efforts to build a lasting and stable peace” on the peninsula”; to reaffirm the declaration Kim signed at his summit with South Korea’s president; and to recover the remains of Americans lost or killed during the Korean War.

That wasn't the statement you posted though was it? This is what you posted..

Trump and Kim agreed to four broad commitments, according to the signed document: to establish new U.S.-North Korea relations “in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity”; to join “efforts to build a lasting and stable peace” on the peninsula”; to reaffirm the declaration Kim signed at his summit with South Korea’s president; and to recover the remains of Americans lost or killed during the Korean War.

At the press conference, Trump in particular touted the commitment on repatriating Korean War remains, saying he had received "countless calls" and letters from asking for help on the issue.

“The remains will be coming back," Trump said. "They’re going to start that process immediately.”

Where is it mentioned?

And the second one was only an aspiration fo the entire peninsula, not NK as a single entity.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2018, 05:18:16 PM
Rodman is a private citizen. Trump's personal lawyer represents Trump in a private legal capacity, and therefore his going on national TV (In the US and abroad) is seen as speaking on behalf of Trump-He certainly does when the topic of Stormy Daniels is mentioned, so presumably he can be seen in that capacity when foreign policy is brought up.

More idiotic obfuscation.

Trump called the talks off.

Kim begged them back.

The facts stand.

QuoteThat wasn't the statement you posted though was it? This is what you posted..

QuoteWhere is it mentioned?

And the second one was only an aspiration fo the entire peninsula, not NK as a single entity.

And the semantics niggle tool shows up.

You're going to eat each and every lie you've posted here.

Book it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 05:21:28 PM
More idiotic obfuscation.

Trump called the talks off.

Kim begged them back.

The facts stand.

You know this because...An elderly ex mayor who has seen far better days had Trump tell him to say that...I see. And on the off chance he did 'beg' (Not on hands and knees I wouldn't have thought! Jeeze  ::) ) it was to get on the world TV stage knowing he could (and did) play Trump for all it's worth.

And the semantics niggle tool shows up.

You're going to eat each and every lie you've posted here.

Book it.

Semantics? I was quoting what you posted, what you posted isn't what you claimed.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2018, 04:21:08 PM
Stick to your online train set Greg. You mean the fat kid values peace and what was that? Liberty?

Well, not as much as the appeasers in the Democrat Party and the EU.  Problem is, their polices not only don't work, they exacerbate problems - because they don't understand what the dictators do value, and what motivates them.

As for Kim Jong-Un, we'll see.  He may be in a position where something needs to change, before his regime collapses.  With Trump threatening China and Russia when it comes to trade with NK, perhaps that was enough to bring him to the table for talks.  No one knows what, if anything, will come of it (certainly not the Ds and the fake news media) but based on the preliminary meetings before the summit - involving a variety of people - he was worth talking to.

One thing is sure, the appeasers now out of power here in the US would be looking for ways to prop him up, without making him give up anything.  They have no idea what they're doing, but we still have to listen to them nay-say from the sidelines.  I guess that's better than watching them further endanger us.

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 12, 2018, 04:25:49 PM
Dedicated to all ignorant demokkkrat lemmings opposed to efforts to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. Take a breath, let go of your obsessive hate. It’s ok to think for yourselves, really. Breath.

And a one and a two and a...

https://youtu.be/0yU0JuE1jTk

If this was Obama or Mrs Clinton, they'd be giving Kim everything he asked for and accepting nothing but future promises in return.  And the fake news media and all these posters would be swooning over it

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 12, 2018, 04:35:54 PM
Bush was in the first year of his Presidency during 9/11.  I blame Clinton for creating the environment that caused 9/11 to occur. Remember the USS Cole bombing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

I've already said that I'm not a fan of the second Iraq War for several reasons.  I am not a fan of the Bushes.

The first WTC bombing by bin Laden was during Bill Clinton's term.  Later when Sudan (!) offered to turn him over, he refused - the coward was concerned it might not be popular with his party (!).

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2018, 05:06:36 PM

Only they didn't violate it...

Says who, the fake news media still propping up Obama?

The deal was terrible to begin with.  Military sites where nuclear weapons were being developed were off limits to inspectors.  Other facilities had to be given months of notice before inspections.  The ICBM program - missiles designed to deliver nuclear bombs to the US  - weren't included in the illegal ''treaty''.  There were side deals as part of the agreement, between Iran and the inspectors - that no one else was officially privy to (now why would Iran insist on that?)

There wasn't anything to violate, really, except the promises they weren't continuing the program at facilities that were off limits to inspectors.  In other words if there were violations, it would be unlikely anyone would know.  That was the point - any violations would likely be undetected.

And yet, despite your post, we did find out they were in fact violating the agreement anyway.  So just like Saddams's weapons of mass destruction, the facts have to be ignored, dismissed, lied about, and repeated endlessly that it didn't happen.

Metron2267

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 06:03:41 PM
Metaphor is lost on you, isn't it?

WTF do you think happens if he reneges?

Think China just might keep his fuel embargo'd?

Your quotation is not the issue, the facts speak for themselves, and niggling over who said what in what specificity is pointless given the actual agreement Kim reached with South Korea leading up to the summit:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-hypes-drama-hours-nuclear-summit-kim-n882161

In the document, Kim reaffirmed a previous promise made in April to "work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/04/27/the-panmmunjom-declaration-full-text-of-agreement-between-north-korea-and-south-korea/?utm_term=.1edc733aab3d

The two leaders, sharing the firm commitment to bring a swift end to the Cold War relic of longstanding division and confrontation, to boldly approach a new era of national reconciliation, peace and prosperity, and to improve and cultivate inter-Korean relations in a more active manner, declared at this historic site of Panmunjeom as follows:
South and North Korea agreed to completely cease all hostile acts against each other in every domain, including land, air and sea, that are the source of military tension and conflict. In this vein, the two sides agreed to transform the demilitarized zone into a peace zone in a genuine sense by ceasing as of May 1 this year all hostile acts and eliminating their means, including broadcasting through loudspeakers and distribution of leaflets, in the areas along the Military Demarcation Line.
South and North Korea agreed to devise a practical scheme to turn the areas around the Northern Limit Line in the West Sea into a maritime peace zone in order to prevent accidental military clashes and guarantee safe fishing activities.
South and North Korea agreed to take various military measures to ensure active mutual cooperation, exchanges, visits and contacts. The two sides agreed to hold frequent meetings between military authorities, including the Defense Ministers Meeting, in order to immediately discuss and solve military issues that arise between them. In this regard, the two sides agreed to first convene military talks at the rank of general in May.
3) South and North Korea will actively cooperate to establish a permanent and solid peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. Bringing an end to the current unnatural state of armistice and establishing a robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula is a historical mission that must not be delayed any further.

South and North Korea reaffirmed the Non-Aggression Agreement that precludes the use of force in any form against each other, and agreed to strictly adhere to this Agreement.
South and North Korea agreed to carry out disarmament in a phased manner, as military tension is alleviated and substantial progress is made in military confidence-building.
During this year that marks the 65th anniversary of the Armistice, South and North Korea agreed to actively pursue trilateral meetings involving the two Koreas and the United States, or quadrilateral meetings involving the two Koreas, the United States and China with a view to declaring an end to the War, turning the armistice into a peace treaty, and establishing a permanent and solid peace regime.
South and North Korea confirmed the common goal of realizing, through complete denuclearization, a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula. South and North Korea shared the view that the measures being initiated by North Korea are very meaningful and crucial for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and agreed to carry out their respective roles and responsibilities in this regard. South and North Korea agreed to actively seek the support and cooperation of the international community for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
The two leaders agreed, through regular meetings and direct telephone conversations, to hold frequent and candid discussions on issues vital to the nation, to strengthen mutual trust and to jointly endeavor to strengthen the positive momentum towards continuous advancement of inter-Korean relations as well as peace, prosperity and unification of the Korean Peninsula.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 05:36:58 PM
One thing is sure, the appeasers now out of power here in the US would be looking for ways to prop him up, without making him give up anything.  They have no idea what they're doing, but we still have to listen to them nay-say from the sidelines.  I guess that's better than watching them further endanger us.

70 long years we've waited for this and all they can do is try and sabotage it.

PATHETIC!

:(

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 05:53:15 PM
Says who, the fake news media still propping up Obama?

And yet, despite your post, we did find out they were in fact violating the agreement anyway.  So just like Saddams's weapons of mass destruction, the facts have to be ignored, dismissed, lied about, and repeated endlessly that it didn't happen.

It's shameful!

What kind of insensate subhuman filth would speak up or Iran????

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 05:21:28 PM
More idiotic obfuscation...

Remember when Pud presented himself as not liking Trump for all the caricatures the fake news media ginned up?  He never admitted to preferring Obama, Hilary Clinton, and the Democrats, it was just an anti-Trump stance from a foreigner fairly disinterested in our politics.

Oh sure, he was clearly against guns, and just as clearly in favor of government controlled healthcare, but he passed that off as his culture - not that he was part of the loony left.

I think he forgot all that.  He seems quite partisan, and all-in for any silly thing the Ds and their accomplices in the fake news business come up with now.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 06:12:50 PM
Remember when Pud presented himself as not liking Trump for all the caricatures the fake news media ginned up?

Oh yeah!

Good catch.

QuoteHe never admitted to preferring Obama, Hilary Clinton, and the Democrats, it was just an anti-Trump stance from a foreigner fairly disinterested in our politics.

Oh sure, he was clearly against guns, and just as clearly in favor of government controlled healthcare, but he passed that off as his culture - not that he was part of the loony left.

I think he forgot all that, he seems quite partisan and all in for any silly thing the Ds and their accomplices in the fake news business come up with.

There may be some higher level cognitive decline in that one, he'a about the right age for it...

:-[

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 06:07:45 PM
It's shameful!

What kind of insensate subhuman filth would speak up or Iran????

Appeasers; America-haters; easily led followers of the fake news media; young, inexperienced, or just plain dumb people easily influenced by others in their bubble.  You know, the low information types who support Libs and Ds

ItsOver

Remember when Pud presented himself as not liking Trump for all the caricatures the fake news media ginned up?  He never admitted to preferring Obama, Hilary Clinton, and the Democrats, it was just an anti-Trump stance from a foreigner fairly disinterested in our politics.

I think he forgot all that.  He seems quite partisan, and all-in for any silly thing the Ds and their accomplices in the fake news business come up with now.
And now he's slumming in Kalifornia.  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on June 12, 2018, 06:24:10 PM

Where the poor get to pay the lavish pensions of government workers taking early retirement

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 06:17:19 PM
Appeasers; America-haters; easily led followers of the fake news media; young, inexperienced, or just plain dumb people easily influenced by others in their bubble.  You know, the low information types who support Libs and Ds

Yep.

The first green shoots of peace in the region come up and they want to burn them to the ground. :(

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 12, 2018, 06:32:39 PM
Where the poor get to pay the lavish pensions of government workers taking early retirement

And he's a marital carpetbagger to boot!

NO national skin in the game, just none at all!

:o

TigerLily

One last post before I return to retirement. I love this! What a clever thing to show Kim

https://youtu.be/aYsaC2CADs0

TigerLily

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 12, 2018, 02:30:23 PM
I gotta jump in here.  TigerLily is feisty fer shur and is as passionate about her political stance as we are of ours.  One thing she IS NOT is a cunt.  Slurs just make it harder to win a point.

Thanks, sis.  :-*

Kidnostad3

Bush was in the first year of his Presidency during 9/11.  I blame Clinton for creating the environment that caused 9/11 to occur. Remember the USS Cole bombing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

I've already said that I'm not a fan of the second Iraq War for several reasons.  I am not a fan of the Bushes.

Great point.  After leaving office Slick Willy publically lamented his having passed on a golden opportunity to take OSB out.  He probably took his eye off the ball while engaged in a game of hide the cigar. 

Jackstar

Bush was in the first year of his Presidency during 9/11.

How many years had Cheney been there already?

Go on, look it up. You wouldn't believe me if I simply told you.

Yorkshire pud

Awww, I'm flattered you typed all that...Really.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on June 12, 2018, 06:24:10 PM

Don't I know it?  :(  Though....Yosemite is wonderful.. I could move and live there tomorrow.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2018, 07:08:33 AM
About as interesting as the contents of your laundry basket, but with fewer skidmarks.

You're the one asking for verified stories. I don't give two shits if you're interested.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 06:07:45 PM
It's shameful!

speak up or Iran????

I didn't. I was correcting your uninformed bollox. Your reading comprehension isn't even adequate let alone worthy of my time.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 06:41:44 PM
And he's a marital carpetbagger to boot!

NO national skin in the game, just none at all!

:o

And, it. drives. you. crazy.   

Dr. MD MD

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 12, 2018, 06:40:55 PM
Yep.

The first green shoots of peace in the region come up and they want to burn them to the ground. :(

...Except, neither the South Koreans nor the US personel in SK knew that Trump was going to announce the end of military exercises between the US and SK...Small and tiny detail, there's a big one booked for later in the year and all sides think it's still going ahead.

Oh, and fat kid won't have to lift a finger to keep his side of anything he didn't give up in response. AKA, fuck all.

"green shoots'...You're a fucking poet!!!  :'(

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2018, 07:23:34 PM
...Except, neither the South Koreans nor the US personel in SK knew that

There you go again.