• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

MST3K and RiffTrax

Started by ItsOver, July 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 22, 2017, 05:19:36 PM
Amazingly, there are a few at the fan site who are complaining about Full Season 11 availability.  Let me clarify: complaining that Season 11 WILL be available en masse.

They don't want any stinking binge-watching!

I think I've pretty much seen it all now, folks... I kind of know what ol' Jesus must have felt like when he laid it all on the line and people said, "Fuck you, sheep herder."

There is no other respectable conclusion to be drawn than that some MST3K fans are nuttier than those Stuckey's pecan logs RGG is so fond of mentioning.

You write fourteen new episodes and what do you get?  Another day older and the ranting internet...

Joel Announces Season 11 Debut

My only minor quibble with them going with Netflix is that part of the fun of watching it at a specific airtime was knowing that a few million other people were sharing the experience. That's unlikely to happen now, but it's not a big deal.

It's ridiculous for anyone to get bent out of shape over the prospect of people binge watching, though. My preference is to take my time and make them last as long as possible before the next set is released, but really don't care how anyone else chooses to watch them. Sheesh, talk about First World problems. Some people really need to just take a Sampo and chill out.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 22, 2017, 05:48:35 PM
My only minor quibble with them going with Netflix is that part of the fun of watching it at a specific airtime was knowing that a few million other people were sharing the experience. That's unlikely to happen now, but it's not a big deal.

It's ridiculous for anyone to get bent out of shape over the prospect of people binge watching, though. My preference is to take my time and make them last as long as possible before the next set is released, but really don't care how anyone else chooses to watch them. Sheesh, talk about First World problems. Some people really need to just take a Sampo and chill out.

Same here.  I am of the type that will savor them slowly.  (Similar to someone I know who has still intentionally not read The Lonely Silver Rain!  Ahem.) 

But I care not one springy Servo glove if others consume all fourteen in a blur.  I can't fathom getting upset over it nor acting uppity as if society is going to hell straddled on Gypsy's tubular frame. 

I'm so pleased with the existence of a MST3k revival, that I don't need to actually see any of the episodes.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 22, 2017, 06:04:51 PM
Same here.  I am of the type that will savor them slowly.  (Similar to someone I know who has still intentionally not read The Lonely Silver Rain!  Ahem.) 

But I care not one springy Servo glove if others consume all fourteen in a blur.  I can't fathom getting upset over it nor acting uppity as if society is going to hell straddled on Gypsy's tubular frame.

Speaking of Gypsy, she looks the same but received a couple of modifications that work for me.

Quote from: Étouffée on February 22, 2017, 07:06:58 PM
I'm so pleased with the existence of a MST3k revival, that I don't need to actually see any of the episodes.

I'm guessing you'll feel differently on April 14th, Crawdad!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 22, 2017, 07:15:44 PM
Speaking of Gypsy, she looks the same but received a couple of modifications that work for me.

What a Gigeresque python that nimble little minx is.

Keep circulating the vapes!

Heh.

(I know this is is just "backward asking," at this point, but I wish H. R. Giger were still around to perhaps be cajoled into contributing some perk or aspect or another to the new SOL.  Sigh.  Gypsy will always be, to me, a megacephalic version of ALIEN's infamous chest-buster.)

ItsOver

Encouraging news.  Joel and Joel, Rev.2, weren't bad at last year's reunion show but TV's Frank and
Dr. Clayton Deborah Susan Forrester AKA Trace B. did the best riffs.

I'm glad to see the original bots are back.  Gypsy has ALWAYS been a heartbreaker.

Very nice, long interview with Joel and the new SOL crew. Just a little more than three weeks until we have movie sign!

http://splitsider.com/2017/03/building-on-sacred-ground-with-the-new-cast-of-mst3k/

The trailer for MST3K's new season was just officially released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ct0Z2bQndM

Quote from: Camazotz on June 25, 2016, 09:44:49 PM
Part 1 of a two parter, Kevin Murphy talks to Rotten Tomatoes about his "five favorite movies."

Who says comedy can't be menacing?  The photograph looks like Weegee came back from the grave for the sole purpose to photograph Kevin.

And, oddly, Murphy reminds me of H. R. Giger.  Maybe that time period when Giger was hanging out with Salvador Dali.

If Giger were alive, I like to think he would be happy to make an appearance on the upcoming MST3K revival season.

I will settle for the fact that Giger's name will definitely be included in a riff in the new season.

You heard it here first, but let's keep that revelation under our biomechanical helmets.

Har har har.

Very nice shot, Kevin.  You horror ham.  The only thing missing is a skull, a tarot spread, and a crystal ball.

Oh, I dig it, man.

If you're a mistie, this is a great time to be alive.

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/kevin-murphys-five-favorite-films-part-1/

This is an update on my "definite" promise made back in June of 2016. The Giger riff did become manifest in Season 11 as predicted/influenced. The riff blossoms forth like a sublime necrotic rose in the 6th episode of Season 11 (the 203rd show overall.)  It is located at time stamp 40 mins & 30 seconds. If you mind-blink you will miss it. Many thanks to the writers for having my back.

After all, I have an ever-fluxing reputation to maintain in this sepulchral paradise.

The riff:

Tom Servo: H. R. Giger's filing cabinet!

(The title of the movie that was spectacularly riffed in the sixth ep of Season 11 was none other than 1978's STARCRASH. Giger would have been pleased... all his one thousand tentacle-mounted eyes intensely savoring that lovely Caroline Munro.)

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz on December 11, 2018, 01:21:22 PM
This is an update on my "definite" promise made back in June of 2016. The Giger riff did become manifest in Season 11 as predicted/influenced. The riff blossoms forth like a sublime necrotic rose in the 6th episode of Season 11 (the 203rd show overall.)  It is located at time stamp 40 mins & 30 seconds. If you mind-blink you will miss it. Many thanks to the writers for having my back.

After all, I have an ever-fluxing reputation to maintain in this sepulchral paradise.

The riff:

Tom Servo: H. R. Giger's filing cabinet!
I must be hallucinating.  Is this THE Camazotz of pre-Liberace BG fame? 

Now I know how this dude really felt.

Quote from: ItsOver on December 11, 2018, 02:49:10 PM
I must be hallucinating.  Is this THE Camazotz of pre-Liberace BG fame? 

Now I know how this dude really felt.

Hallucinate no more. You have lived within this flesh construct long enough.

Time to get busy.

whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz on December 11, 2018, 02:55:56 PM
Hallucinate no more. You have lived within this flesh construct long enough.

Time to get busy.

whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ha!  Welcome back to Liberace's house of malcontents and misfits.  At least to this dimension.  Your unique and eclectic perspectives have been greatly missed.  Oh, and "post often."

Quote from: ItsOver on December 11, 2018, 03:03:27 PM
Ha!  Welcome back to Liberace's house of malcontents and misfits.  At least to this dimension.  Your unique and eclectic perspectives have been greatly missed.  Oh, and "post often."

You are a gentleman and a scholar, IO.

I am risen.

Praise Bob.  Or, to maintain an eclectic POV surpassing the Church of the SubGenius, Praise the BLOB.

And by GOD, b4 it's all said and done, we will all grok here.

(short circuiting/wires burning.... status quo)

Uncle Duke

Found out the Tubi app has a wide selection of the shorts as shown on MST3K.  Watched "Mr B Natural," and a short about home economics at Iowa St last night, I'd forgotten how funny their riffs were on the shorts.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz on December 11, 2018, 03:11:40 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar, IO.

I am risen.

Praise Bob.  Or, to maintain an eclectic POV surpassing the Church of the SubGenius, Praise the BLOB.

And by GOD, b4 it's all said and done, we will all grok here.

(short circuiting/wires burning.... status quo)

Now that's what I'm talking about.  8)

The Satellite Of Love is caught like a bone-white Cracker Jack trinket in a purple snow cone.

The Susan Hart barrier - along with a few mini black holes - proved impenetrable.

The SOL is Shit Outta Luck, and will drift eternal in this limbotic Mauve Zone.

It is an unfortunate culmination of events, despite the best efforts by Shout! Factory.

Sadness.

MrHippie

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 19, 2020, 02:25:41 PM
The Satellite Of Love is caught like a bone-white Cracker Jack trinket in a purple snow cone.

The Susan Hart barrier - along with a few mini black holes - proved impenetrable.

The SOL is Shit Outta Luck, and will drift eternal in this limbotic Mauve Zone.

It is an unfortunate culmination of events, despite the best efforts by Shout! Factory.

Sadness.
+ 1

Two, new, mini MST3K episodes on the way.

According to https://mst3k.org/

"July 21, 2020
Support MIGIZI
As announced at the MST3K San Diego comic-con “Panel-in-Place” with Joel Hodgson, J. Elvis Weinstein, and Bill Corbet, MST3K is planning a fundraiser for MIGIZI.

MIGIZI is a Native American nonprofit organization whose main facility was heavily damaged during the fires that coincided with the George Floyd protests in Minneapolis. The MST3K fundraising committee’s goal is to help MIGIZI secure funds to begin rebuilding.

If the first fundraising goal of $10,000 is met, Joel, J Elvis, and Bill will reprise their original roles in the show as Joel Robinson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot  and riff a short film, with a doorway sequence, silhouettes and all!

If you donate, you’ll receive a password to be a part of the VIP premier of the short with riffs from Joel and Tom and Crow. Later, the short film will have a world-wide premiere here at MST3K.org â€" in an effort to raise awareness for MIGIZI and, of course, accept more donations. We will update you periodically on our progress here on the blog, so check back to see how things go.

We hope you’ll be able to help us out in getting this needed and valued Minneapolis organization back on its feet, and getting yourselves a little new MST3K at the same time!"

Donation site:

https://www.givemn.org/story/Mst3kmigzi

(On the donation site, it was further stated that if 20k is reached, a second episode will be made.)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 23, 2020, 08:33:11 AMheavily damaged during the fires that coincided with the George Floyd protests

Probably just a coincidence.

O M G

The 5 disc MST3K Gamera collection is BACK IN PRINT for physical media collectors?!

While I already have the set, it warms my cold demon turtle heart to see Shout!Factory do this for the fans who need it.

In this action, we witness incontrovertible proof that 2020 did not completely blow.

Thank you, Shout.

You’re a goddamned bitchin’ beacon.

Pardon my Mr. French.

(Uncle Bill, Sissy, Buffy, & Jody always do.)

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/mst3k-volume-xxi-mst3k-vs-gamera-standard-edition?product_id=6007

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 07, 2020, 04:19:41 PM
O M G

The 5 disc MST3K Gamera collection is BACK IN PRINT for physical media collectors?!

While I already have the set, it warms my cold demon turtle heart to see Shout!Factory do this for the fans who need it.

In this action, we witness incontrovertible proof that 2020 did not completely blow.

Thank you, Shout.

You’re a goddamned bitchin’ beacon.

Pardon my Mr. French.

(Uncle Bill, Sissy, Buffy, & Jody always do.)

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/mst3k-volume-xxi-mst3k-vs-gamera-standard-edition?product_id=6007
A sign of better things to come?  OK, how about goofier?

Whatever, I’ll drink to it.  Cheers!