• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bellNwhistle

Does anyone else find it odd that the sheriff came out with a video statement?  I mean, I know he was a celeb in his town, but still. Most celebs don't get that treatment. They could have easily posted a written statement. Or let the news handle it.. or the family.

i am really sad but i have to say this seems like something that almost seemed so.. inevitable? i mean he was only 72, and every one thought things looked so dire after his "pneumonia" what the hell happened, man?? Didn't anyone try and get him to go to hospital or what? I get he lives in the desert but damn it seems like he could have used some better care or something. And that Keith Rowland is such a unscrupulous dude, he comes across as an asshole in pretty much everything he does.

whoozit

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 14, 2018, 09:27:14 AM
The post from Keith absolutely sickens me. What was the plan/undermining? Was the announcement to be so spectacular that HW & KR would use it to boost & promote MITD? In order for his fans, friends, foes to find out any information on Art’s passing would we have to go through MITD? Of course we would.
The cynical side of me thinks they wanted to sit on the news as long as possible to get another months subscription from those holding on hoping Art would guest host.  I don’t think anything KR does would surprise me. 

Thanks for the great ride, Art!

dan7800

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on April 14, 2018, 12:30:00 PM
i am really sad but i have to say this seems like something that almost seemed so.. inevitable? i mean he was only 72, and every one thought things looked so dire after his "pneumonia" what the hell happened, man?? Didn't anyone try and get him to go to hospital or what? I get he lives in the desert but damn it seems like he could have used some better care or something. And that Keith Rowland is such a unscrupulous dude, he comes across as an asshole in pretty much everything he does.

Who knows what he passed from. Could have been a heart attack.

ItsOver

Quote from: Donk on April 14, 2018, 01:16:04 AM
No idea who MV is....
;D That's OK.  MV doesn't know who he is, either. ;)

Grifynne

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 14, 2018, 12:24:57 PM
Does anyone else find it odd that the sheriff came out with a video statement?  I mean, I know he was a celeb in his town, but still. Most celebs don't get that treatment. They could have easily posted a written statement. Or let the news handle it.. or the family.

Not really. If you look at their Facebook page, they seem to post a lot of videos in general. I think he was a local celeb and they were using the platform they already had to inform the community (they even have a "community announcement" intro which they appear to use with other videos - so I think it's just how they do things).

heater

talked to MV, we will be doing a show in Art's honor tonight.  Join us at 9PM Eastern at UFOSHIP.COM to take part or listen / chat.  go to the gabcast thread for more information.

I am reliably informed that MV's services as "official" lawn mower will no longer be required.

11angeleyes11

I'm crying.  Between not being able to go to the Ozark UFO Conference, the death of beloved Art Bell and the happening of this last year, a dancer  can only take so much sorrow, even with black veils. 

Let's see what he remembers, he loved EVP's.  Somehow, somewhere and in someway,  Art quit again, but we know he always returns. 

His broadcast legacy lives on through Coast, MITD and DMRN, and thinking of that does bring some comfort.  Oh and don't forget the vaguely lovable  Bellgabbers. 

Can we clone him?

Quote from: dan7800 on April 14, 2018, 12:38:50 PM
Who knows what he passed from. Could have been a heart attack.

He had COPD.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: whoozit on April 14, 2018, 12:32:33 PM
The cynical side of me thinks they wanted to sit on the news as long as possible to get another months subscription from those holding on hoping Art would guest host.  I don’t think anything KR does would surprise me.

I find it highly suspect. But then I have been listening to Art Bell for 20 yrs. ;)

Btw, was Heather really  living on his property?  :o

ItsOver

Quote from: IamNotPickleRick! on April 14, 2018, 12:39:53 PM
talked to MV, we will be doing a show in Art's honor tonight.  Join us at 9PM Eastern at UFOSHIP.COM to take part or listen / chat.  go to the gabcast thread for more information.

I am reliably informed that MV's services as "official" lawn mower will no longer be required.
Thanks for the update and the chuckle.  Maybe MV can organize a missing man lawn mower formation salute. ;)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: dan7800 on April 14, 2018, 10:04:35 AM
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2136

Thanks for this, I was wanting to see his last posts on here. I am a bit surprised he hasn't been on since August.

If he taped a final show, it would be amazing. But I doubt it, in recent years he didn't seem much of a long term planning kind of guy.

I remember when Art started up MITD and was picked up locally. I was so hyped for it, as soon as it started it ended. But today I think it a day for positive and still sounded pretty darn good in MITD and his C2C days in the 90s were legendary

nbirnes

It doesn't feel real -- and it is too soon. RIP and send a message, if you can.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nbirnes on April 14, 2018, 12:51:24 PM
It doesn't feel real -- and it is too soon. RIP and send a message, if you can.

To Zeta Reticuli or Alpha Centauri?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Darth Vader on April 14, 2018, 12:09:01 PM
Here is an email that Falkie send out about Art Bell

As you know I was a huge fan of Art Bell.

And I have been told of all the supposed senior abuse done by Heather Wade, Aldous Burbank and others fronm Bellgab.
I hope foul play is not involved.
Truly fitting that the #1 paranormal broadcaster would die on Friday the 13th.
Now another April date that will be in my mind forever.
Art is finally free.
Hopefully now Aeryn will kick Heather Wade out of her home.
She was a terrible influence on Art.

The Emperor of Nye & Paranormal Talk is dead.
We shalll not see his like again.

Ahhhhhh. I had to block his emails because I was getting about 20 a day and it was making me insane. I figured he was sleeping through all of this.

diyrob

I, too, have been MIA from BellGab for a long time. My wife, cave diver/explorer Jill Heinerth, was one of Art’s last guests in November, 2015. She has been on Nat Geo, PBS, BBC, CBC, etc, etc...but always dreamed of speaking with the best interviewer in the business. The day Heather called and set up the interview she was thrilled. This led to us doing a short stint on DMDN as the Into The Planet radio show. Anyway, like others we are sad, but bittersweet because she had a chance to appear live for three hours with Art before he retired for good. RIP my friend...

GravitySucks

Quote from: diyrob on April 14, 2018, 12:59:09 PM
I, too, have been MIA from BellGab for a long time. My wife, cave diver/explorer Jill Heinerth, was one of Art’s last guests in November, 2015. She has been on Nat Geo, PBS, BBC, CBC, etc, etc...but always dreamed of speaking with the best interviewer in the business. The day Heather called and set up the interview she was thrilled. This led to us doing a short stint on DMDN as the Into The Planet radio show. Anyway, like others we are sad, but bittersweet because she had a chance to appear live for three hours with Art before he retired for good. RIP my friend...

I enjoyed Jill’s show.

If you have an audio recorder, turn it on now! Perhaps we can capture an EVP from Art.

CQ CQ CQ Whiskey Six Oscar Bravo Bravo

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 12:53:56 PM
To Zeta Reticuli or Alpha Centauri?

He will speak from a Hawking hole, proving everyone wrong and right at the same time.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 14, 2018, 11:35:27 AM
Keith isn't exactly a people person, but perhaps he should get a little slack at what has to be a very distressing and emotional time

Who is this sympathetic changeling? I want the real PB back.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nbirnes on April 14, 2018, 01:06:30 PM
He will speak from a Hawking hole, proving everyone wrong and right at the same time.

Don’t tell Schroedinger

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on April 14, 2018, 06:13:31 AM
Sometimes with COPD, like my father, one just stops breathing.

As for the Sheriff, I wonder why they were involved. I suppose the family called 911.

I think the police are usully notified when an ambulance call goes out just to assist or invetigate, if need be.

GravitySucks

Who has the gonads to break out the ouija board?

dan7800

I, too, have been MIA from BellGab for a long time. My wife, cave diver/explorer Jill Heinerth, was one of Art’s last guests in November, 2015.

That was a great show. I was just thinking of that one the other day.

AppealPlay

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 01:15:41 PM
Who has the gonads to break out the ouija board?

They're the debil.

Juan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 01:11:59 PM
I think the police are usully notified when an ambulance call goes out just to assost or invetigate, if need be.
Probably so. I suppose that means Art was not in Hospice. Maybe it was sudden. In my father’s case, we called the hospice nurse. There was no police involvement.

I see that Ganja Connie hosts Coast tonight. I wonder if she remembers who Art was?

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 01:08:45 PM
Don’t tell Schroedinger

Or Heisenberg. He's too wishy-washy.

SredniVashtar

Knowing Art's tendency not to see things through, I don't think we can count on this being the last word. He might decide that death wasn't for him, quit, and come and do some of those fill-in shows we're still waiting for.

bellNwhistle

It was a great show, but I felt claustrophobic just listening to it. Glad she was on with Art.