• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 01, 2018, 08:41:07 PM
Sure. Cut the shit, Lasha. ::)
Lasha Dark Bird or whatever doesn't like me.  She gave me negative feedback but it seems like she blocked me from responding.  It is because of her, if she is Dark Bird or whatever, that I no longer sign my posts "Fourteen".  She was really against it.  So, I used "Me" for a while & then a nice guy showed me "Unit 14" so I've got that now.
Unit 14

Jojo

And my story has always been straight, that eagles have some great traits like they'll cut themselves to feed their young if they have to, and their song is beautiful  But as someone who has always had small pets, I can't stand eagles.  Thank God they are noisy; I used to absolutely have to bring my pets in the house.

Crows are interesting.  There is a crow commute route here, a "Crow Show".  It's amazingly large.  And, the babies, some parents, & some elderly don't go on the commute.  But it is long and just jaw-dropping.  They go, no matter if it's storming out or whatever.  And just when one seems miles behind, another one is close by it.  With that kind of rapport, it's no wonder they grieve when one dies.  It might have been the only one accompanying another late-goer.  I think the commute is even on Facebook.

As a matter of fact, they are calling each other to get ready to go right now.  Every neighborhood goes up in a flock until there is a tribe of neighborhoods.  They come from the north, go overhead here, and after about 6 miles they start resting for long pit stops, whole entire streets (seldom used streets after hours) covered in black crows everywhere.  And, power lines just packed full too.  That pit stop has a couple separate areas over a mile apart.  Then, they pack up and get on with it to their destination.  Every flippin' day.  They work harder than most of us down here on the ground.

It must be mind control that the world doesn't just STOP and take a look at this every day.  How could you not?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 01, 2018, 06:25:19 PM
Google translate from Reformed Egyptian haha!  The argument is that without this tool Joseph himself couldn't be certain the thoughts were external -- creative writing frequently has that illusion of an external voice.  He was already used to looking into stones as a species of scrying popular back then (his amanuensis Cowdery was a dowser, fwiw) so God just used what was at hand.

The main problem is that to explain the antecedents to Joseph's theology you need references to some pretty arcane texts it's difficult to imagine circulating among rural populations in the US, and the kind of careful reading of certain interesting passages in the Bible we aren't used to in these days of pull-quotes.  I tend to think that, with the Bible as the only book in your house, you get your entertainment where you can and land on some of the same points that escaped the early editors and inspired the early Gnostics, but who knows?

There have been a number of “seers” throughout history who appear to have accessed knowledge that was unavailable to them in their time and location.   The problem is that once you begin to speculate there is no end to the possibilities:  Angelic intervention, contact with an extradimensional entity, contact with an extraterrestrial, telepathic interface with the Akashik records, a direct link to God, remote viewing, latent past life knowledge, etc., etc., etc.  Without material evidence one explanation is as good as another.

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 01, 2018, 09:01:52 PM

Their are a number of “seers” throughout history who appear to have accessed knowledge that was unavailable to them in their time and location.   The problem is that once you begin to speculate there is no end to the possibilities:  Angelic intervention, contact with an extradimensional entity, contact with an extraterrestrial, telepathic interface with the Akashik records, a direct link to God, remote viewing, latent past life knowledge, etc., etc., etc.  Without material evidence one explanation is as good as the other.
I liked that part about scrying, though.  Sometimes I think the subconscious senses all, even if the mind doesn't catalogue the info.  So, when you scry and your subconscious brings up a vision, the info may well have come from something you saw, heard, felt or smelled during the day but didn't register.

One time I was really angry at someone.  But I kept seeing positive images of them in random patterns on linoleum, textured wall paint, shower curtains, etc...  It encouraged me to try to reserve judgment, as clearly my subconscience was happy with that person.

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on July 01, 2018, 04:23:59 PM
Could I have added a few more phrases such as "Paul (supposedly) wrote

Only if you would like to be understood.

Jackstar

The problem is that once you begin to speculate there is no end to the possibilities

This is not how logic works.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2018, 09:19:31 PM
This is not how logic works.

No, I always like to start with a set conclusion and work backwards. 

K_Dubb

There have been a number of “seers” throughout history who appear to have accessed knowledge that was unavailable to them in their time and location.   The problem is that once you begin to speculate there is no end to the possibilities:  Angelic intervention, contact with an extradimensional entity, contact with an extraterrestrial, telepathic interface with the Akashik records, a direct link to God, remote viewing, latent past life knowledge, etc., etc., etc.  Without material evidence one explanation is as good as another.

Looking for material evidence in the religion section?  I'm sorry, sir, you want the basement.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 01, 2018, 09:39:50 PM
Looking for material evidence in the religion section?  I'm sorry, sir, you want the basement.

Yeah, that’s kind of my point.  Where religion and/or spiritual conviction is concerned one either goes with the conventional religious beliefs of his age and culture/tribe, develops his own belief system based on his exploration of things spiritual or maybe a cathartic event or influence, or he rejects the notion of man having a spiritual dimension altogether.  (That is if he’s lucky enough to live in a society where the second or third of the aforementioned options do not carry the risk of being lethal choices.)  Your professor examined the writings of Joseph Smith and found that they contained certain esoterica that gave him pause but I doubt that he has become a practicing Mormon.  In the final analysis we all arrive at the place where our religious indoctrination, intellect, experience and ability to accept the unknowability of certain things takes us.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on July 01, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

Yeah, that’s kind of my point.  Where religion and/or spiritual conviction is concerned one either goes with the conventional religious beliefs of his age and culture/tribe, develops his own belief system based on his exploration of things spiritual or maybe a cathartic event or influence, or he rejects the notion of man having a spiritual dimension altogether.  (That is if he’s lucky enough to live in a society where the second or third of the aforementioned options do not carry the risk of being lethal choices.)  Your professor examined the writings of Joseph Smith and found that they contained certain esoterica that gave him pause but I doubt that he has become a practicing Mormon.  In the final analysis we all arrive at the place where our religious indoctrination, intellect, experience and ability to accept the unknowability of certain things takes us.

You got it.  Of all the possible explanations, reading it off a rock in his hat is probably the least persuasive, but I'd probably feel differently if I'd been raised Mormon.  Being of an essentially conservative temperament, I take the first option without apology.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 01, 2018, 11:26:37 PM
You got it.  Of all the possible explanations, reading it off a rock in his hat is probably the least persuasive, but I'd probably feel differently if I'd been raised Mormon.  Being of an essentially conservative temperament, I take the first option without apology.

That sect I mentiioned earlier is interesting. John the Baptist is "their man" but historical times where they say ok with other stuff to survive, likely. I also like the peacock types and all who keep stuff secret. In those lands of crazy violence! Druze also and the Lebanese Christian militia types. I like militias.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2018, 11:38:49 PM

That sect I mentiioned earlier is interesting. John the Baptist is "their man" but historical times where they say ok with other stuff to survive, likely. I also like the peacock types and all who keep stuff secret. In those lands of crazy violence! Druze also and the Lebanese Christian militia types. I like militias.

Yeah that was a pretty fun read!  I remember from college Bible class, where we all got introduced to textual criticism :o some discussion of how J the B was possibly the leader of a rival group and the whole baptism narrative and epithet was put in as propaganda -- he wasn't just there to prepare the way.  Survival of sects dedicated to him sure suggest it.  If Paul hadn't been such a workhorse for that particular brand of Christianity, who knows what we'd have ended up with!  I know it's fashionable now to see Paul as kind of a villain-interloper who screwed everything up, but he's my guy.

Speaking of militias, I have a rare cd of one of the Mormon choirs singing a song dating to the Utah War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_War, the last verse of which I reproduce here just because it goes against their usual flag-waving:

Now Uncle Sam, take my advice:
You'd better stay at home, sir!
You need your money and your men
To defend your rights at home, sir!
But if perchance you need some help,
The Mormons will be kind, sir.
They've helped you once and will again,
That is, if they've a mind, sir!

This last bit a reference to the Mormon Battalion's service in California:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_Battalion

Gee, I wonder why I can't find that on youtube anywhere.

Bounder

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 01, 2018, 06:25:19 PM
Google translate from Reformed Egyptian haha!  The argument is that without this tool Joseph himself couldn't be certain the thoughts were external -- creative writing frequently has that illusion of an external voice.  He was already used to looking into stones as a species of scrying popular back then (his amanuensis Cowdery was a dowser, fwiw) so God just used what was at hand.

The main problem is that to explain the antecedents to Joseph's theology you need references to some pretty arcane texts it's difficult to imagine circulating among rural populations in the US, and the kind of careful reading of certain interesting passages in the Bible we aren't used to in these days of pull-quotes.  I tend to think that, with the Bible as the only book in your house, you get your entertainment where you can and land on some of the same points that escaped the early editors and inspired the early Gnostics, but who knows?

View of the Hebrews (1823), a popular speculative book and the real platen for Smith's forgery, cannot be counted as an "arcane text" -- and it's cheating to pretend the libraries of New York's "burned-over district" weren't bursting at the seams in eldritch hermeneutics.  In this respect the region did not compare, remotely, to the average "rural population."

Any credentialed Egyptologist will spare you the mental gymnastics when shown "The Book of Abraham": an indisputable, foundational, hoax.

Bounder

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 02, 2018, 12:12:49 AM
leader of a rival group

Cf. bar Kokhba and the scissiparity of messianic contenders.

Yeshua's escape from historical marginalia is due solely to Maxentius' failure to murder Constantine when he had the chance.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Bounder on July 02, 2018, 12:49:32 AM
View of the Hebrews (1823), a popular speculative book and the real platen for Smith's forgery, cannot be counted as an "arcane text" --

Yes, that's the one commonly cited, and the similarity in broad strokes to the pseudo-historical content can hardly be coincidental.  But I'm more interested in the theology.

Quoteand it's cheating to pretend the libraries of New York's "burned-over district" weren't bursting at the seams in eldritch hermeneutics.  In this respect the region did not compare, remotely, to the average "rural population."

I'd be surprised by the presence of any gnostic writings in upstate New York, let alone the one described as the closest in actual content to Smith's Book of Abraham, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_of_Abraham, which the church itself first published in 1898.  Those revivalists might be all for seeing visions, but hit them with Sophia and the Demiurge and my guess is they'd be heading for the exits.

Any credentialed Egyptologist will spare you the mental gymnastics when shown "The Book of Abraham": an indisputable, foundational, hoax.

That it is a hoax is disputed quite effectively by the church, but at the cost of disassociating the facsimiles often reproduced along with it from the text itself.  Smith bought many feet of papyrus off that mummy dealer, only a fraction of which are accounted for, and the text of the book is conveniently thought to have perished in the Great Chicago Fire.  But in any event, it's the mental gymnastics I'm interested in -- it's a peculiar taste of mine.

Jackstar

This hearsay is getting boring. Can you guys just skip ahead to the part where the Space God offered power in exchange for foreskins? That's my favorite bit.

Bounder

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 02, 2018, 01:35:19 AM
disputed quite effectively by the church

Objectively false.  Unless we've redefined the adverb "effectively" to mean "tepidly."  The content of the graphemes aren't by any measure compatible with Smith's confection and this was easily detected a hundred years ago.

I've seen duplicates of the extraordinarily common funerary texts in Turin.  There's nothing Mormonical about them.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 02, 2018, 01:35:19 AM
it's the mental gymnastics I'm interested in -- it's a peculiar taste of mine.

There's a term for this and it's not "mental gymnastics" â€" it's mental masturbation.

Besides everything else, Smith's artlessly borrowed gestalt Weltanschauung is scarified by a net of brighter and more condemning seams: like the words Moroni and Cumorah, stolen wholecloth from the mouths of sailors (the "officialdom" nonsense post-dating the names to 1876 carry exactly the same value as any claim that Honolulu only knew that name after statehood in 1959).

K_Dubb

Quote from: Bounder on July 02, 2018, 01:52:28 AM
Objectively false.  Unless we've redefined the adverb "effectively" to mean "tepidly."  The content of the graphemes aren't by any measure compatible with Smith's confection and this was easily detected a hundred years ago.

I've seen duplicates of the extraordinarily common funerary texts in Turin.  There's nothing Mormonical about them.

All I have to do is posit the presence of Jews in Egypt from around the time of Smith's papyri (hey here they are https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Onias) borrowing Egyptian iconography but changing Anubis's head where it's ripped off, and that Smith translated his book from the now-burnt missing papyrus using his peepstone ("Hey God, what's this say?") and I've removed the need for physical evidence completely  ;)

There's a term for this and it's not "mental gymnastics" â€" it's mental masturbation.

Ok, but it was your term first.  I'm ok with either.

Besides everything else, Smith's artlessly borrowed gestalt Weltanschauung is scarified by a net of brighter and more condemning seams: like the words Moroni and Cumorah, stolen wholecloth from the mouths of sailors (the "officialdom" nonsense post-dating the names to 1876 carry exactly the same value as any claim that Honolulu only knew that name after statehood in 1959).

Cool!  Can you find Coriantumr (coriander + turmeric, maybe) too?

Bounder

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 02, 2018, 02:06:06 AM
I'm ok with either.

What do you admire of them, then?  Pluck and determination?  The origination of durable memes?  Or is it that Smith sutured together better peoples' ideas on a particular patch of dirt (America)?  Why not the Strangite schism, whose founder at least had the presence of mind to invite the secular press to the excavation of his sacred plates?

I ask only because all I see is harm.  "That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

K_Dubb

Quote from: Bounder on July 02, 2018, 02:16:48 AM
What do you admire of them, then?  Pluck and determination?  The origination of durable memes?  Or is it that Smith sutured together better peoples' ideas on a particular patch of dirt (America)?

I ask only because all I see is harm.  "That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

I admire the persistence of faith against the onslaught of cold modernity.  In setting up his church, Smith's concessions to empiricism have been turned against him brutally, shredding the consolation his myths have offered to thousands of adherents through birth and death, leaving them stunned and naked.  We would never do this to, say, Hindus -- religion is a beautiful part of culture for us to study and appreciate when it's on the other side of the world.

And, it is only the grace of a couple thousand years, which no one expects any material evidence to survive, that spares my own faith that same fate.  Mormonism is just a proxy.

Plus, I'm a romantic and will always take the losing side.

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 02, 2018, 02:41:30 AM
Plus, I'm a romantic and will always take the losing side.

This explains why your relentless tide of ecumenical bullshit doesn't deign to mention the Council of Nicea. And that's just one example. (Like, really? You and this suddenly appearing faggot talking about actual real shit while obviously deliberately sandbagging legitimate debatable issues--seriously, did your orientation assure you, that you would never be publically called on your stupid fucking bullshit? Learn again, dicksheath.) Is the barrier to entry to legitmate discourse really so low, in current year? Lillith weeps.

Like, I don't know what the fuck is with you people. You're all acting like thousands of years of history exists inside some little transparent box, and that the present day doesn't have anything to do with all these bullshit stories that have been deliberately manipulated for thousands of years by fucking liars. Like, that shit is proven now. It's not a fucking theory. All the shit you've been referencing has been demonstrably proven suspect. What do you think your credit rating is right now?

I'll sum it up quick for the tall seats--if your theorizing isn't applicable to the present day, it's fucking bullshit. Let's see you faggots rationalize away all the paragraphs of text that apply to slavery in the OT, for example.

Go on. Do it. I got Post-Its ready. Let me know what the pravda is on modern day possession. I have shitloads of free time for that kind of thing.

EDIT: boldface added because I actually literally think that most of you actually are so fucking stupid that basic color emphasis will be compelling

Jackstar

Quote from: Bounder on July 02, 2018, 02:16:48 AM
What do you admire of them, then? [...] I ask only because

Oh, dude--you're rich. Keep this coming.

Jackstar

Quote from: 14 on July 01, 2018, 08:49:56 PM
Lasha Dark Bird or whatever doesn't like me.

By the way, you are FUCKING TRANSPARENT and if you wish to retain any hope of fulfilling your demonstrably stupid agenda, you had better stop shitting up my PMs with your stupid fucking lies.

Quit your fucking whining and be brave, ho. Faith is its own reward.

starramus

amerikkka the FAILED state! https://www.truthdig.com/articles/america-the-failed-state/    Donald Trump is Ubu Roi! Back to the subject at hand.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: starramus on July 02, 2018, 05:34:24 AM
amerikkka the FAILED state! https://www.truthdig.com/articles/america-the-failed-state/    Donald Trump is Ubu Roi! Back to the subject at hand.

Our resident useful idiot is up early this morning.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on July 02, 2018, 03:13:47 AM

This explains why your relentless tide of ecumenical bullshit doesn't deign to mention the Council of Nicea. And that's just one example. (Like, really? You and this suddenly appearing faggot talking about actual real shit while obviously deliberately sandbagging legitimate debatable issues--seriously, did your orientation assure you, that you would never be publically called on your stupid fucking bullshit? Learn again, dicksheath.) Is the barrier to entry to legitmate discourse really so low, in current year? Lillith weeps.

Like, I don't know what the fuck is with you people. You're all acting like thousands of years of history exists inside some little transparent box, and that the present day doesn't have anything to do with all these bullshit stories that have been deliberately manipulated for thousands of years by fucking liars. Like, that shit is proven now. It's not a fucking theory. All the shit you've been referencing has been demonstrably proven suspect. What do you think your credit rating is right now?

I'll sum it up quick for the tall seats--if your theorizing isn't applicable to the present day, it's fucking bullshit. Let's see you faggots rationalize away all the paragraphs of text that apply to slavery in the OT, for example.

Go on. Do it. I got Post-Its ready. Let me know what the pravda is on modern day possession. I have shitloads of free time for that kind of thing.

EDIT: boldface added because I actually literally think that most of you actually are so fucking stupid that basic color emphasis will be compelling

Nihilists know how to party but they don't get a lot of holidays.

https://youtu.be/7AEMiz6rcxc

Juan

I’m very surprised there are only 216 posts with the word faggot. There are 2402 with the word shit.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on July 01, 2018, 08:28:37 PM
An attorney would probably say it wouldn't hold up in court.
But, Trump's incitements might have:
https://www.elitedaily.com/p/the-video-of-maxine-waters-reading-a-list-of-times-trump-incited-violence-is-a-must-watch-9585426
Unit 14

Silence,TRAITOR to this nation!

Your leftarded BULLSHIT and overt complicity with Waters' ultra violence render your commentary here on anything further NULL AND VOID!

Dr. Md. was right - you are trash.

Begone!

>:( >:( >:( >:(