• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

anagrammy

OK, now could someone post a picture of George Noory as a child maybe posing with his telescope?  His dental pic?  Sitting in his rosary-strewn bedroom with pictures of the pope and saints on the wall?  How about holding a microphone in one hand, and "The Exorcist" in the other?

Anagrammy

mehitable

I can appreciate Linda's research, but I have to admit, I turn the show off when she's on.  I just find her approach boring.  It's unfortunate as I think she has a lot of good info, but I thinks she's probably better on paper than on radio.

fabucat

Quote from: Morgus on July 10, 2011, 07:56:13 PM
When her voice is on the air, just think of this old photo of Linda Moulton Howe when she used to be a babe.
Back in 1963 she was a contestant in the Miss America pageant as Miss Idaho.

Holy crap, what a dish!!!  I believe that LMH did well academically.  Beauty contests often were the only way a moderate to low income gal could get scholarships back in the days before feminism. 

Now I think LMH is batcrap crazy, or more likely she's making bank selling batcrap crazy theories, but she isn't a dummy.   LMH parlayed her looks into an education.

Morgus

Quote from: fabucat on August 14, 2011, 11:59:31 AM
Holy crap, what a dish!!!  I believe that LMH did well academically.  Beauty contests often were the only way a moderate to low income gal could get scholarships back in the days before feminism. 
yes, Linda said exactly that when she was asked about her Miss America pageant participation years ago on the air. She did it in order to get college scholarship to fund her work on a journalism degree.

JessO666

Quote from: toxicmop on January 20, 2011, 07:43:11 AM
This can stay in hosts cause she completely takes over the show when she's on. Sometimes even brings her own guests to interview.
I am listening to a 99' show with Art and I haven't heard him for like ten minutes so far. She has had 2 guests on already. At least they are less annoying than she.

I don`t know, I like LMH. She`s a good, thorough journalist. Hell, if she were 20 years younger...

Nevermind

OilyManatee

She was OK the first few times. But in the end she really does take over the show. Something about the overly scripted pre recorded interviews completely pushes me away from the show, no matter how on topic the subject matter is.

The local radio ads here are so horrible and overplayed, they are not worth sitting through to hear her as a guest. Shes usually a early lights out for me.

Morgus

Quote from: OilyManatee on September 07, 2011, 12:56:42 AM
She was OK the first few times. But in the end she really does take over the show.
but thats a very good thing with Noory hosting - keeps Noory quiet for once...  ;D

CoastCanuck

She is scheduled for this Thurs. (Sept. 29).  I'll pass, as I always do when she is on.  IMO, her voice is annoying.  She sounds like she is reading.  How did she end up with the once a month C2C gig?

Morgus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on September 26, 2011, 03:59:26 PMHow did she end up with the once a month C2C gig?
Linda Howe has been a c2c and dreamland regular for nearly 20 years now, starting with Art Bell.
Noory kept her on as a continuing regular when he took over. She is one of the old-time  favorites of Art Bell fans.

CoastCanuck

This is the last Thursday of the month which they usually reserve for Linda.  However, the C2C website she is out on assignment.  Guess we won't be hearing her tonight.  shucks!

Morgus

Linda Howe is off this month.
She is probably busy making her special witch costume for Halloween.
Instead tonight we get another witch, Evelyn Paglini...  :o

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on October 27, 2011, 07:58:08 PM
Instead tonight we get another witch, Evelyn Paglini...  :o

Ya, her voice is hard to listen to also....

astroguy

Hmm. Nice to know I'm not the only one who can't stand listening to her.  Though I think Childress is the absolute worst voice-wise.

Vatar

The other night she was interviewing some astrophysicist about solar maximums and minimums.  I really tried to like the segment, but her frightening appearance from an ancient alien interview kept popping into my head. 

Oh does anyone know if Mattel was the manufacturer of the clown mask she had stapled to her face?

patricia24

I like her.  She is truly a pioneer in her field.  Courageous.  Yes, she needs to pace herself better.  But she is not an emmy awarding journalist for catering to mediocre tastes!

b_dubb

she may have been an investigative journalist in the past but she isn't that anymore.  investigative journalists don't finish sentences for the people being interviewed.  if you listen to her segments/shows you can plainly hear her embellish descriptions as she's conducting interviews.  someone else talks, she repeats it back but with more details, and the interviewee grunts and says "yeah".  not journalism.  that's entertainment.  if that

Eddie Coyle

Emmys are worthless. Every local market gives out Emmys to their local yokel hosts. The Emmy=sportsmanship award in youth soccer.

Vatar

Quote from: patricia24 on November 26, 2011, 02:53:00 PM
I like her.  She is truly a pioneer in her field.  Courageous.  Yes, she needs to pace herself better.  But she is not an emmy awarding journalist for catering to mediocre tastes!

You'll have to excuse us we are full of hate and discontent on this forum.

Eddie grab me my pitch fork the pickup is almost warmed up!

omikeye

its nice to know that I am not alone in my feelings towards Linda Moulton Howe. With all due respect I dont know the woman, I recently learned about her and decided to follow her work and found myself getting bored. The information doesnt go anywhere! All the interviews sound the same!

Can anybody recommend a ufo researcher who is more dynamic and exciting? I really dont care if they are famous or not, I think we place too much emphasis in people who have made names for themselves.

b_dubb

paranormal is it's own little world of celebrity and status.  people start out well meaning - i think - but they get a taste of fame and they completely forget who they were or why they started.  unless you're a total fraud and then you were total bullshit from the beginning

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 26, 2011, 08:03:59 PM

The Emmy=sportsmanship award in youth soccer.

Oh, Eddie, I think I love you.
Oh, wait.  You're too young for me.
Oh, wait.  It's OK.  I'm from Pennsylvania.
Oh, wait.  Too soon.    :P

alejandro

It's overtime for Linda to retire. Or Coast should retire her annoying presence on the show.
Doesn't anybody have a line to their producers Danheiser & Lyon - just tell them to call up mufon. I'm sure they can provide somebody who can tell stories and has more insight into the material than Linda.

Linda is obviously always trying to pump up her stories as much as possible with ridiculous interviews where you can clearly hear how she already put the answers into the mouths of the interviewees, etc. all to promote her pay-to-see website.
http://www.mufon.com/

Morgus

On tonight's old classic Art Bell Somewhere in Time replay, Linda Howe is on in the first hour.
She reminded Art she first joined him as a regular on his old weekend "Dreamland" radio program back around 1992.
So she has been associated with Art Bell's Dreamland and C2CAM for nearly 20 years now...

b_dubb

I've seen three UFOs. The only intelligent thing you can do is just continue doing what you're doing. Live your life. If you chain your fate to disclosure or proving to the world you saw an ET craft you're just going to marginalized yourself and ultimately become joke. Look at LMH and Stephen Greer. Both have allowed the fact that they have mortgages to warp their "research". LMH can't get it through her head the dragonfly UFOs are computer generated and Stephen Greer makes the bulk of his money taking wannabe researchers out for paid ET hunting tours

expat

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 06, 2010, 09:26:42 AM
her voice just grates on me.
Yes, me too. I can't stand the way she says "wuz" and becuz".

BobGrau

I think I've said this before, but LMH in the studio (as opposed to on the phone) sounds much better in terms of the grating, wavery voice.

At this stage I'd happily listen to her as a guest host... at least she seems interested in the topics.

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on January 08, 2012, 12:02:07 AM
I've seen three UFOs.

I've never seen a UFO. But I know they're watching me.

JohnnieB

I'm on the fence when it comes to Linda Moulton Howe. On the one hand, I have to concur with these previous opinions i.e. grating voice; reading straight from her notes; nails down a chalk board, etc., but I have to say that she is one guest who at least conducts her research very well and subsequently brings a lot to the table. That's more than one can say for a plethora of other guests, and it's a hell of a lot more than can be said for Snorry. As an absolute believer in UFOs and extraterrestrial life, her findings do intrigue me.