• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20160311 - Art Bell Open Lines

Started by Showroom Dummy, March 11, 2016, 10:57:17 PM

Dyna-X

I applauded last night when I heard Art slam Common Core.  I was just about to call in and ask specifically about this when he said it about 20 seconds later. Its funny how that works.

Soylentblue

On a whim last night I tuned into MITD. I haven't done that for a few months.

There was Art Bell's voice. Was it an archived show or live? Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh? Donald Trump is very reminiscent of a young Adolf Hitler preying on bad economic times in Germany and getting support by instilling fear in his supporters which of course makes people act irrationally.

To hear Bell support Trump and I am NOT living in America I thought Art who used to NOT be political is not the same great radio host that he used to be. The same way your first girl friend looks thirty years later, that's how Art is looking now. Flawed. Outdated. An old angry man who hates the world.

A repeat of Bill Birnes and Steve Warner on Deep Talk Radio was on the next station that I flipped to and you know what? It made me realize that there are many people now who do better what Art Bell used to do in his prime in the late nineties. Howard Hughes, Steve Warner and a few offer a much more interesting, much more intelligent version of the old Coast To Coast.

Art, your ship has sailed. Stay on your compound and enjoy your family because right now you are the same as a hundred other broadcasters with nothing new to offer.

boxman

Quote from: analog kid on March 12, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
Your image doesn't display. Is that an image hosting account that's set to private?
Nope it is public and does not even require registration for uploads. For some reason it seems like it does not work for everyone.
It loads for me in both firefox and chrome.
I guess I should try a different service from now on.
Is this better:

boxman

Quote from: Soylentblue on March 12, 2016, 08:40:25 AM

There was Art Bell's voice. Was it an archived show or live? Then I heard him defending Donald Trump and saying that he WAS NOT responsible for all the racism and hate/fear mongering that has gone on in some of Trump's rallys. Huh? Donald Trump is very reminiscent of a young Adolf Hitler preying on bad economic times in Germany and getting support by instilling fear in his supporters which of course makes people act irrationally.

To hear Bell support Trump and I am NOT living in America I thought Art who used to NOT be political is not the same great radio host that he used to be. The same way your first girl friend looks thirty years later, that's how Art is looking now. Flawed. Outdated. An old angry man who hates the world.

A repeat of Bill Birnes and Steve Warner on Deep Talk Radio was on the next station that I flipped to and you know what? It made me realize that there are many people now who do better what Art Bell used to do in his prime in the late nineties. Howard Hughes, Steve Warner and a few offer a much more interesting, much more intelligent version of the old Coast To Coast.

Art, your ship has sailed. Stay on your compound and enjoy your family because right now you are the same as a hundred other broadcasters with nothing new to offer.
He revealed that he was biased towards Trump already from the start of MITD.
But anyways.. Yes he was live yesterday he finally "filled in" for Heather.

GravitySucks

Quote from: boxman on March 12, 2016, 09:03:45 AM
Nope it is public and does not even require registration for uploads. For some reason it seems like it does not work for everyone.
Is this better:

Yep

No one believes you simply tuned into MITD on a whim last night after not listening for a few months.  You obviously have some bizarre agenda you are trying to push, but trying to come off as sincere.  It is so transparent it is laughable.

Art has always been political.  Not sure how you could have not picked that up while listening to him.

You are obviously another idiot who has no historical or political knowledge and just jumping on the "Trump is Hitler" bandwagon.  Every politician uses fear of the something to push their agenda.  Each political party has used fear to rally people to their cause.  This is nothing new.  So why is it a problem all of a sudden now?

Your arguments are flawed and your knowledge is severely lacking.

analog kid

Is this better:

Nice photoshop, sir. imgur.com or imgbox.com is the way to go.

Quote from: norland2424 on March 11, 2016, 11:16:53 PM
im pretty sure if he did 1-2 shows a week people would forget all that has happend.
YES ...YES I FEEL THE SAME WAY

littlechris

Quote from: norland2424 on March 11, 2016, 11:16:53 PM
im pretty sure if he did 1-2 shows a week people would forget all that has happend.

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on March 12, 2016, 09:48:04 AM
YES ...YES I FEEL THE SAME WAY

As do I. Hopefully Art realized how much he loves radio and will host more often. Once a week would be nice.

BellBoy

I can't wait to listen to this one. Too bad one show every three months in no way merits a Time Traveler's subscription.

(Cue the Buggles: "Torrent streams killed the paid-podcast scheme star")

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ArJuna on March 11, 2016, 11:03:14 PM
WooHoo!!! It's ART BELL.

Welcome back Art.  Please stay.

But both you and the hoagster need to dispense with the political shit.  Your callers were devoid of substance with respect to the issues and you offered no reasoning/logic for our support of Trump. 

PKaiser

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 12, 2016, 10:24:46 AM
But both you and the hoagster need to dispense with the political shit.  Your callers were devoid of substance with respect to the issues and you offered no reasoning/logic for our support of Trump.

Hey Paul, think of last night as a bunch of folk sitting around a big table having a talk. Did there have to be groundbreaking stuff included to warrant its very existence? Nope, that's what is great about our country, the freedom to gather and do just what we were doing last night. It is my opinion that the folks who constantly shout us down and try to keep us from sharing thoughts and ideas are the true Nazis these days and it's troubling. I mean, I don't really care if you are as uneducated as you come off here but I would never try to shout you down or tell you to go away, dig?

Take it easy sometimes or you'll spurt!

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on March 12, 2016, 10:24:44 AM
I can't wait to listen to this one. Too bad one show every three months in no way merits a Time Traveler's subscription.

(Cue the Buggles: "Torrent streams killed the paid-podcast scheme star")

I agree.  One show every three months won't cut it.  I listened to the first two hours before I had to call it a night.  Did he ever talk about the latest on the alleged stalker situation or what his intentions are for MITD at this point?  Everything still seems open-ended. Meh.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on March 12, 2016, 11:08:20 AM
I agree.  One show every three months won't cut it.  I listened to the first two hours before I had to call it a night.  Did he ever talk about the latest on the alleged stalker situation or what his intentions are for MITD at this point?  Everything still seems open-ended. Meh.

No

the_peeve

It made me realize that there are many people now who do better what Art Bell used to do in his prime in the late nineties. Howard Hughes, Steve Warner and a few offer a much more interesting, much more intelligent version of the old Coast To Coast.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: PKaiser on March 12, 2016, 10:40:19 AM
Hey Paul, think of last night as a bunch of folk sitting around a big table having a talk. Did there have to be groundbreaking stuff included to warrant its very existence? Nope, that's what is great about our country, the freedom to gather and do just what we were doing last night. It is my opinion that the folks who constantly shout us down and try to keep us from sharing thoughts and ideas are the true Nazis these days and it's troubling. I mean, I don't really care if you are as uneducated as you come off here but I would never try to shout you down or tell you to go away, dig?

Take it easy sometimes or you'll spurt!

So Art went from talking about the illuminati to talking with the illiterati, 20% of whom believe Lincoln was wrong to free the slaves.  I have no desire to shout you down - but I do reserve the right to call bullshit when I hear Trump and Cruz talk about the things they would do on day one.  Really?  A wall that Mexico will pay for?  Dude, stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

had a 10pm softball game that started late. Heard the first hour and the last 15 minutes. Not worth it to re-sub, so if anyone has a link to share, brother Crash would really appreciate it!

analog kid

Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump

ItsOver

Is this better:

I was glad to hear Art spend plenty of time talking about his new hobby of flying quads or "drones," as the media loves to call anything that flies.  Nothing like using a drama-filled word to work the masses.  I'm relieved he wasn't concerned about a stalker attack as he was concentrating on a quad.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on March 12, 2016, 12:44:22 PM
I was glad to hear Art spend plenty of time talking about his new hobby of flying quads or "drones," as the media loves to call anything that flies.  Nothing like using a drama-filled word to work the masses.  I'm relieved he wasn't concerned about a stalker attack as he was concentrating on a quad.

Funny enough, for the short time I listened he talked about the amazing picture quality from his drone's camera, and its ability to hover rock solidly at a couple hundred feet ("out of shotgun range") for extended periods.  Sounds like a perfect anti-stalker surveillance system, especially if there are night vision or IR cameras available for his toy.

K_Dubb

It was good to hear Art sound like he was genuinely having fun last night.  The predicted open-lines disaster did not materialize.  If nothing else it should prove to him that, rather than the seething discontent that has predominated in this forum, his audience bears him an abundance of good will and is just glad to hear him.

coaster

Quote from: PKaiser on March 12, 2016, 10:40:19 AM
It is my opinion that the folks who constantly shout us down and try to keep us from sharing thoughts and ideas are the true Nazis these days and it's troubling.
People are too quick to compare shit to Nazis. It always makes me laugh and roll my eyes.

Lilith

Art was more interesting , than I've heard him in years IMO.  I was very bored with the paranormal Art, and long have missed the "anything goes" Art that I knew and loved. Took me back to the days of the midnight shift with Art talking all night in the background, talking with guests and callers, about all the current stuff going on.  Bring me it back, like it was last night,  and I'll pay to TimeTravel again.   :-*

PKaiser

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 12, 2016, 11:21:37 AM
So Art went from talking about the illuminati to talking with the illiterati, 20% of whom believe Lincoln was wrong to free the slaves.  I have no desire to shout you down - but I do reserve the right to call bullshit when I hear Trump and Cruz talk about the things they would do on day one.  Really?  A wall that Mexico will pay for?  Dude, stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

Fair enough man, I get it, but when you say "stop doing x," well....

Not drinking the kool-aid, just love the exchange. And thank you for not tearing me to shreds while disagreeing with me, that's how I wish more of us would treat each other.

PKaiser

Quote from: coaster on March 12, 2016, 01:40:49 PM
People are too quick to compare shit to Nazis. It always makes me laugh and roll my eyes.

I couldn't agree with you more. Nazis were some vicious folk, and just because we disagree on stuff doesn't me we can even approach what those people were about.

nbirnes

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 12, 2016, 01:35:59 PM
It was good to hear Art sound like he was genuinely having fun last night.  The predicted open-lines disaster did not materialize.  If nothing else it should prove to him that, rather than the seething discontent that has predominated in this forum, his audience bears him an abundance of good will and is just glad to hear him.

+1,000! 👯

indigoo

Drats, missed the show. I honestly didn't expect it to happen.