• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Microsoft Surface 3

Started by bateman, March 31, 2015, 03:43:03 PM

cweb

This product family is starting to get interesting. We demoed a Surface Pro 3 at work and actually didn't mind it once we got past the Windows 8 learning curve.

And it actually has discrete ports for power, display, and accessories! Instead of a certain new laptop that costs three times more and forces you to jam everything through one shitty little port because they want you to pay for their dongle.

I don't pay for no dongle.

Lilith

I hope to get one, but am waiting till Windows 10 Official Releaase comes out on them.  I like the latest release of the Windows 10 Technical Preview 10074 a LOT !!!

Gd5150

Quote from: cweb on March 31, 2015, 04:22:19 PM
This product family is starting to get interesting. We demoed a Surface Pro 3 at work and actually didn't mind it once we got past the Windows 8 learning curve.

And it actually has discrete ports for power, display, and accessories! Instead of a certain new laptop that costs three times more and forces you to jam everything through one shitty little port because they want you to pay for their dongle.

I don't pay for no dongle.

That's what's great about Microsoft, they never force anyone to pay for unnecessary upgrades.  ::)

Wintermute

#1 issue: Expensive.

Priced one for my wife who is fed up with her Android tablet. $1150... what is the selling point? What will it do better than my laptop?

Tablets have seen a considerable revenue drop in the past 24mo. The shine is wearing off of the trend because of how limited iPads and Android tablets are. Yep, affordable, but also limited and outdated quickly.

The MS Surface Pro definately has a much longer useful life and is far less limiting. But is it worth 2-3 times the cost? Tough decision.

Lilith

I just got to see one of these.  My friend that got one is a Nurse Practitioner, and has to carry hers around with her, and she says its very flimsy, and she's afraid its going to fall apart easily. The look and feel of things can be deceiving,  but after seeing hers, I don't think I want one anymore.

onan

Quote from: brig on June 25, 2015, 08:03:27 AM
I just got to see one of these.  My friend that got one is a Nurse Practitioner, and has to carry hers around with her, and she says its very flimsy, and she's afraid its going to fall apart easily. The look and feel of things can be deceiving,  but after seeing hers, I don't think I want one anymore.

The agency I work for researched for a year on what "tablet to use for ease of use, collecting data, and messaging/email. They decided to go with Ipads.  Our IT dept only has 5 guys that manage 8 locations so it may be apples to oranges. But the voice recognition on my Ipad makes my job much easier.

chefist

I have had my Surface 2 for over a year now...it is EXCELLENT! I completely replaced by previous Dell laptop with absolutely no issues.  I run some heavy database apps and it chunks out the work fast and I have never had a lockup or abend...

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on June 25, 2015, 08:18:21 AM
I have had my Surface 2 for over a year now...it is EXCELLENT! I completely replaced by previous Dell laptop with absolutely no issues.  I run some heavy database apps and it chunks out the work fast and I have never had a lockup or abend...

Arite.....good to know, I will keep saving up then.