• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 04:30:00 PM
Does your wiener mind being petted? Asking for myself. Just wanna give it a little scritch.

Mind the choke collar...

;)

Quote from: Robert on May 26, 2018, 04:37:31 PM
Car wash?  Or does he fall off the chain?

Don't give him any ideas, or he'll put out a calendar of himself in various wet tee shirts. The grift is always on with that one.

albrecht

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 04:46:49 PM
Never. I’m allergic to cats and have had cats all of my life. Ive never gotten (to my knowledge) a fever or some illness from cats.
There might be a reason for the hoarding and "crazy cat lady" deal:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/
But I was thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fit99l6kHyA

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 04:51:13 PM
Once it made national news there was little chance of Amy using that as an excuse for missing the next show.
She will be able to come up with something!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Father Jack on May 26, 2018, 04:50:45 PM
Bell,
No offense taken, I joke about it. It was just part of my life many years ago. I don't have much respect for clergy. Having lived in close quarters with them I learned they are just people...some with many flaws. I could tell you stories you would not believe.

Well, maybe “respect for clergy” wasn’t exactly what I meant. I mean saying I have respect for Catholic priests who may diddle kids, is totally not true. What the fuck am I saying? Sigh.

I don’t believe in organized religion. I have been failed by ministry, as has my family. However, I have been on an interesting journey the last two years, including taking a course in Pastoral Thanatology. Not to be a minister, but to help grieving people, as well as the dying. I respect people who want to help others, and some clergy do genuinely want to help others. At least I hope so.   :-\

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 04:44:00 PM
"Terrier mix" is usually code word for part Pit.

^^^ Bingo!
I know that mine has a tendency to get feisty when it spots a target.
#innuendo

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 04:56:17 PM
Well, maybe “respect for clergy” wasn’t exactly what I meant. I mean saying I have respect for Catholic priests who may diddle kids, is totally not true. What the fuck am I saying? Sigh.

I don’t believe in organized religion. I have been failed by ministry, as has my family. However, I have been on an interesting journey the last two years, including taking a course in Pastoral Thanatology. Not to be a minister, but to help grieving people, as well as the dying. I respect people who want to help others, and some clergy do genuinely want to help others. At least I hope so.   :-\

I highly recommend this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Ragamuffin-Gospel-Bedraggled-Beat-Up-Burnt/dp/1590525027

bellNwhistle

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
There might be a reason for the hoarding and "crazy cat lady" deal:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/
But I was thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fit99l6kHyA

I do know someone who said they actually had cat scratch fever. My mom never took me to the doctor as a kid, so maybe I had it.. no idea.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
She will be able to come up with something!

I have been working on a random excuse generator. The only user input is a degree of “looney”. Sort of like the seismic readings. Or a degree of difficulty. Exponential.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 05:00:45 PM
I do know someone who said they actually had cat scratch fever. My mom never took me to the doctor as a kid, so maybe I had it.. no idea.

Does your nose itch?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 04:58:51 PM
I highly recommend this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Ragamuffin-Gospel-Bedraggled-Beat-Up-Burnt/dp/1590525027
Ill check it out. I believe in God. I’m just done with organized religion.

Metron2267

Very cool, was listening to Dannion Brinkley over the years something that inspired you?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Father Jack on May 26, 2018, 05:03:20 PM
No, but she had to be declawed.

Probably. I do have fangs, though.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 05:01:03 PM
I have been working on a random excuse generator. The only user input is a degree of “looney”. Sort of like the seismic readings. Or a degree of difficulty. Exponential.
Ha. That would be funny. It could be the "sticky" header on the thread for her show. I also think we should use the George Norry soundboard for our AI ensuring limitations and won't turn into Skynet and kill us all.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 05:03:31 PM

Right on, it's absurd for any one faith to claim a monopoly, theologic or otherwise, on the Creator.

The Kingdom of God lies within! :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 05:03:31 PM

Yep. Noone can come between me and my God. Don’t need no organized religion.

ge30542

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 26, 2018, 04:27:00 PM
It's not so much the length as it is the girth, or so the Vet tells me...   ::)
Have you trained it, does it do tricks?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 26, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
Very cool, was listening to Dannion Brinkley over the years something that inspired you?

Perhaps. I think just having a desire to help people after the death of a loved one really pushed me in this direction. It’s been really healing for me, which I’m very thankful for.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on May 26, 2018, 05:06:06 PM

Sounds like someone at least convinced him it was long enough.

Father Jack

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 26, 2018, 05:07:20 PM
Perhaps. I think just having a desire to help people after the death of a loved one really pushed me in this direction. It’s been really healing for me, which I’m very thankful for.

I like you bell. You're one of the nicest people in this lunatic bin. I subscribe to no religion either, and take a Tibetan Buddhist slant on whether their is a divinity or not. In short, they don't worry about it. Neither do I.

WeinerInHand

I think many professions are started with the best of intentions, it just becomes difficult to follow a straight path with so many side-routes offered to muddy the trail. 👣

wr250

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 05:01:03 PM
i have one for the chat room. its all IT related though.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: ge30542 on May 26, 2018, 05:06:06 PM

Define "tricks"

GravitySucks

Quote from: wr250 on May 26, 2018, 05:10:31 PM
i have one for the chat room. its all IT related though.

Have you ever heard of MAYBEBOL?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Father Jack on May 26, 2018, 05:09:49 PM
I like you bell. You're one of the nicest people in this lunatic bin. I subscribe to no religion either, and take a Tibetan Buddhist slant on whether their is a divinity or not. In short, they don't worry about it. Neither do I.

Noone really notices a cross-eyed flatworm. Not often does one give a perspective on religion. Does not compute.

munbeam666

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 04:44:00 PM
I saw this weird news the other day that a woman was killed by a pack of weiner dogs and thought it was weird. But then I noticed the other articles mention "terrier mix," not just dachshunds. "Terrier mix" is usually code word for part Pit. But thinking on it dachshunds were bred to fight things like badgers in holes so I would expect them to actually be tough and feisty. Still a pretty horrible way to go.

http://myfox8.com/2018/05/17/oklahoma-woman-killed-by-pack-of-mixed-dachshunds/
They must have been a Pit/Weenies mix :o ??? ??? ???

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Father Jack on May 26, 2018, 05:09:49 PM
Thank you, Father Jack. That's very nice of you to say.

:)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: WeinerInHand on May 26, 2018, 05:10:08 PM
I think many professions are started with the best of intentions, it just becomes difficult to follow a straight path with so many side-routes offered to muddy the trail. 👣

Very true.