• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

El Chorro

Quote from: munbeam666 on May 23, 2018, 04:35:14 PM
He once complained that he had to kick out his dog from his bedroom while he and his wife were making love. The dog was sleeping, but it still bothered him. He ranted for several minutes about it

Lol. That must have been a very long time ago

whoozit

Here is a tribute I missed.  Last time I saw Laura she was topless in the gossip thread.
https://youtu.be/raVqoPTQqhI

Hog

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 22, 2018, 09:11:14 PM
I remember him shilling HGH and thinking ''why is he pushing this garbage?'', and him not correcting the record when it was claimed he had 15 million listeners. 

Radio reports the number of listeners in cumulatives for the week, so that's 3 million per night for five days - not 15 million per show.  The population of the US was 300 million then, so for the 15 million to be accurate, one person out of every twenty men, women, and children in the country would have had to be listening to the show every night.  To a show that started at 1 am on the east coast.

The deception is starting to make more sense now.  I wonder if he didn't write and post the comments attacking Filipinos on the internet himself because he was mad at Ramona or something.  Why would someone else do that in his name?
I remember when that 15million stat was quoted on a Gabcast when Art was in the chat.  Art responded with I think that your recollection is being too generous.(or something to that effect)

peace
Hog

Quote from: whoozit on May 23, 2018, 08:27:15 PM
Here is a tribute I missed.  Last time I saw Laura she was topless in the gossip thread.
https://youtu.be/raVqoPTQqhI

lol, i remember.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 23, 2018, 09:24:41 PM
lol, i remember.

OK, I get why Myke would want to hit that up now. She's kinda half Jennifer Anniston/half Sarah Jessca Parker...but in a good way. :P

Quote from: Hog on May 23, 2018, 09:21:51 PM
I remember when that 15million stat was quoted on a Gabcast when Art was in the chat.  Art responded with I think that your recollection is being too generous.(or something to that effect)

peace
Hog

His page on the Radio Hall of Fame stands uncorrected

http://nationalradiohalloffame.com/art_bell.htm 

DANIEL!

Myke would hit up a goat if some old goat was nearby him.
I love to hit up Heather.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: DANIEL! on May 23, 2018, 11:00:01 PM
Myke would hit up a goat if some old goat was nearby him.
I love to hit up Heather.

We'll talk about your latent homosexuality another time, Daniel. ;)

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 23, 2018, 10:58:15 PM
His page on the Radio Hall of Fame stands uncorrected

http://nationalradiohalloffame.com/art_bell.htm 
If everybody is judged equally, then that's all that counts as a guide in the industry.

I'd have to guess that number equals the pairs of ears that an ad has been heard by any given week.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 23, 2018, 10:37:28 PM
OK, I get why Myke would want to hit that up now. She's kinda half Jennifer Anniston/half Sarah Jessca Parker...but in a good way. :P

Nice description. Where do I find this toplessness? Meow...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 24, 2018, 02:15:09 AM

It's here somewhere. I can't remember the thread but surely someone here will.

whoozit

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on May 24, 2018, 02:15:09 AM
All the fun went down in the Michael Decon program thread.  The pic has long since been removed.  It was one of those weird BellGab experiences.

Quote from: whoozit on May 24, 2018, 04:28:38 AM
All the fun went down in the Michael Decon program thread.  The pic has long since been removed.  It was one of those weird BellGab experiences.

Damn... I will log that under, "You should have been there, man." I'm guessing it was not as great as I imagine, but the should have been there factor has it blowing my mind.

Quote from: a is jump on May 17, 2018, 10:06:36 AM
Salacious and in poor taste interview with Marsha Boyd, an ex-girlfriend who Art was arrested with in 1979 for running a video dating service targeted towards swingers...

Holy shit, Paranormal Date is part of the legacy?

https://youtu.be/5gD8jZh9F8o

I just got time to listen to this interview. Does anyone know if there is another interview with Margaret Boyd out there? I thought the interviewers were retarded.

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 24, 2018, 01:28:47 AM
If everybody is judged equally, then that's all that counts as a guide in the industry...

Well sure, when comparing numbers to others in some survey or news article.  But him having 15 million listeners a night was a complete lie.  One I've seen posted here endlessly.

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 24, 2018, 12:25:51 PM
I just got time to listen to this interview. Does anyone know if there is another interview with Margaret Boyd out there? I thought the interviewers were retarded.
+1

Bluejay

Autopsy results?

Hells Mole

Quote from: Bluejay on May 24, 2018, 02:25:20 PM
Autopsy results?

If they do a full work up for drugs, poisons and such it could be six to eight weeks.  We should just about be there.

Lunger

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 25, 2018, 01:48:20 AM
If they do a full work up for drugs, poisons and such it could be six to eight weeks.  We should just about be there.

The dude was like 70-something, a drama queen and smoked like a train.  Why would anyone think he was poisoned?

if his house-girl LBFM wanted him gone she just could have fucked him to death.

cweb

Quote from: Lunger on May 25, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
The dude was like 70-something, a drama queen and smoked like a train.  Why would anyone think he was poisoned?

if his house-girl LBFM wanted him gone she just could have fucked him to death.
I think I read somewhere that one of his old HAM buddies visited Art not too long before his passing and he looked like utter shit. If you watch the drone video, he looks very stiff. He was sick and years of smoking/habits caught up to him. Wouldn't be surprised if he shortchanged himself on sleep all those years and that played a role too. Occam's Razor here, but I don't see any foul play from the man or anyone else. He was sick.

DickyC

Is the drone video on YouTube?

Metron2267

Sean92008

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 24, 2018, 01:22:10 PM
Well sure, when comparing numbers to others in some survey or news article.  But him having 15 million listeners a night was a complete lie.  One I've seen posted here endlessly.
It might be a case of people who don't know better throwing in the term "every night" to modify the original term.

I believe, if you speak Radio, that there wouldn't be any confusion. It all gets lost in translation.

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 25, 2018, 09:50:53 AM
I believe, if you speak Radio, that there wouldn't be any confusion. It all gets lost in translation.

Like the Nye County property tax data you stalked HW with?

Quote from: cweb on May 25, 2018, 06:21:28 AM
If you watch the drone video, he looks very stiff.

Just like 99.999% of all human beings with severe back problems?  Yep...

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 25, 2018, 09:50:53 AM
It might be a case of people who don't know better throwing in the term "every night" to modify the original term.

People who don't know better are just repeating what they heard.  The original intent was to deceive. 

Maybe all the people who speak radio got it, but every show out there claims they are the largest, fastest growing, etc, and at some point someone must have decided to start claiming their weekly cumulatives were their nightly numbers.  Art certainly didn't mind.

Maybe the people who collect the data should release it to the public, the way Nielson does for TV.

One thing I'd say about Art's show is I would guess a significantly higher percentage of the listeners listened to the whole show, or most of it, whereas the listeners to other radio shows listen to just a few segments while driving

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on May 24, 2018, 04:28:38 AM

The G version...

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 25, 2018, 08:56:48 AM
It is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wok_AmPbrRE
It's impressive what you can do with doublewides. They're like Legos. One is even multiple story. Art Bell built up a nice compound complex. (A compound is what the Feds raid.). Which one is Heather's?