• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on May 24, 2018, 12:06:54 PM
Winn-Dixie supermarkets where they have just added child-sized grocery buggies. The little bastards race them in the aisles, to the amusement of their parents, and endanger the lives of actual patrons. They’re worse than the fat people in the electric carts. Then there are all the Amazon-vested “service dogs.”

Is Winn Dixie part of Kroger?

Cuz they're doing that too...

Metron2267

Quote from: monica on May 24, 2018, 12:14:08 PM
So true.  Ad the response is always, "They are two!  What do you expect!" as if they have never heard of redirecting, correcting, controlling or starting light discipline even tho the kids are too young to reason.

Then there are the parents who try to "reason" with a three year old.  How retarded.

But the latest from the millennial alter-verse is that we must now dialog with them when their diapers need changing!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 25, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
But the latest from the millennial alter-verse is that we must now dialog with them when their diapers need changing!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
One time my dad was changing one of my sibling's diapers.  For some odd reason, just as he opened the diaper, pee shot straight up toward the ceiling! Then there was some dialogue!

GravitySucks

Quote from: monica on May 25, 2018, 08:21:36 PM
One time my dad was changing one of my sibling's diapers.  For some odd reason, just as he opened the diaper, pee shot straight up toward the ceiling! Then there was some dialogue!

Rookie mistake

Dr. MD MD

The Diet Coke chick telling me to "just do me...whatever that is." Really?! So, if skinning people alive is my thing should I just do that, honey?! And who really knows who they are definitively, anyway?! Just do me, indeed!  ::)

She should just do me, if you follow.  ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 09:24:52 PM
The Diet Coke chick telling me to "just do me...whatever that is." Really?! So, if skinning people alive is my thing should I just do that, honey?! And who really knows who they are definitively, anyway?! Just do me, indeed!  ::)

Link?

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on May 24, 2018, 12:06:54 PM
Winn-Dixie supermarkets where they have just added child-sized grocery buggies. The little bastards race them in the aisles, to the amusement of their parents, and endanger the lives of actual patrons. They’re worse than the fat people in the electric carts. Then there are all the Amazon-vested “service dogs.”
What an awful idea. The other day I got trapped in a grocery aisle on one end an obese women in a electric scooter with her daughter, I guess, walking next to her putting things the women in the cart pointed at into the cart. The daughter was also very obese but still, somewhat, ambulatory. So did a 180 with my cart to go the other way. Sure enough a women with a gaggle of kids running around, and one inexplicably sitting, was blocking that aisle gibbering away in Spanish and playing a game of what I presume was tag. I stood there waiting, thinking she would corral her kids so that I could pass. But no dice. I finally sort of bulldozed, in a slow manner, using the cart like a cattle-guard on the kids and broke through.

Haha.  Bulldozing was a good idea.

Once they get too fat to ride in électrique wheelchairs, they drive motorized hospital beds through the aisles.  Thèse contraptions are big as a queen sized bed, are outfitted with oxygène tanks, bed pans, and other gear the morbidly obèse use, and are piloted lying down. They completely plug up all but the widest supermarket concourses.

One day, I was shopping in the middle of a long crowded aisle when 5 or 6 customers stampeded me.

WTF is there à fire? Next thing I know, this Gargantua in a béd as big as a buick is barreling down the aisle at me.
I had never seen such a sight. I was like a deer In headlights.  Finally I panicked and ran!
Once I got around the corner I looked. It was a 800 pound behemouth doing what your  fatty was doING,  pointing at food on the shelves while a servitor scurried around her gurney fetching this and that. He was extremely skinny.

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
What an awful idea. The other day I got trapped in a grocery aisle on one end an obese women in a electric scooter with her daughter, I guess, walking next to her putting things the women in the cart pointed at into the cart. The daughter was also very obese but still, somewhat, ambulatory. So did a 180 with my cart to go the other way. Sure enough a women with a gaggle of kids running around, and one inexplicably sitting, was blocking that aisle gibbering away in Spanish and playing a game of what I presume was tag. I stood there waiting, thinking she would corral her kids so that I could pass. But no dice. I finally sort of bulldozed, in a slow manner, using the cart like a cattle-guard on the kids and broke through.

albrecht

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 26, 2018, 03:20:36 PM

Once they get too fat to ride in électrique wheelchairs, they drive motorized hospital beds through the aisles.  Thèse contraptions are big as a queen sized bed, are outfitted with oxygène tanks and other gear the morbidly obèse use, and are piloted lying down. They completely plug up all but the widest supermarket concourses.

One day, there was a 800 pound behemouth doing what your  fatty was doING,  pointing at food on the shelves while a servitor scurried around her gurney fetching this and that.  I was shopping in the middle of a long crowded aisle when 5 or 6 customers stampeded me.

WTF is there à fire? Next thing I know, this Gargantua in a béd as big as a buick is barreling down the aisle at me.
I had never seen such a sight. I was like a deer In headlights.  Finally I panicked and ran!
Good Lord. Thankfully I have yet to see or experience that at the grocery store! I think store employees, fellow customers, and handlers should not help these obese get food from the shelves. It is not like they are starving! If you can't, short an injury from an accident or being naturally short, stand up and pick it off the shelf than you don't get to buy it and stores should not provide carts for these people, unless they provide carts for everyone. It could be fun to ride a go-cart around the aisle.

I was curious as to why he was helping her. I spotted them à few more times around that city tjat year always together.
He was young but looked crazy, emaciated,  and unkempt so I dont think he had a job. He drove her around in an extra wide van with a hydraulique freight lift.

Ps, part of me died that day :'( 
Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 03:30:22 PM
Good Lord. Thankfully I have yet to see or experience that at the grocery store! I think store employees, fellow customers, and handlers should not help these obese get food from the shelves. It is not like they are starving! If you can't, short an injury from an accident or being naturally short, stand up and pick it off the shelf than you don't get to buy it and stores should not provide carts for these people, unless they provide carts for everyone. It could be fun to ride a go-cart around the aisle.

Metron2267

Quote from: monica on May 25, 2018, 08:21:36 PM

Which is why they make these:

https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/pee-pee-teepees

Only takes once...

;D

Metron2267

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 26, 2018, 03:37:54 PM
I was curious as to why he was helping her. I spotted them à few more times around that city tjat year always together.
He was young but looked crazy, emaciated,  and unkempt so I dont think he had a job. He drove her around in an extra wide van with a hydraulique freight lift.

Ps, part of me died that day :'(

Oh man...that is just so wrong on every level... :-[

GravitySucks

Once they get too fat to ride in électrique wheelchairs, they drive motorized hospital beds through the aisles.  Thèse contraptions are big as a queen sized bed, are outfitted with oxygène tanks, bed pans, and other gear the morbidly obèse use, and are piloted lying down. They completely plug up all but the widest supermarket concourses.

One day, I was shopping in the middle of a long crowded aisle when 5 or 6 customers stampeded me.

Once I got around the corner I looked. It was a 800 pound behemouth doing what your  fatty was doING,  pointing at food on the shelves while a servitor scurried around her gurney fetching this and that. He was extremely skinny.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

... Next thing I know, this Gargantua in a béd as big as a buick is barreling down the aisle at me.

That reminds me, I wonder how Falkie's caregiver is doing

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 04:54:02 PM
Pics or it didn’t happen.
I love taking pictures, and I have even taken a few inappropriate photos. I had my mobile phone camera every time I saw her, but... after I had recovered somewhat from the initial horror of that sight, I thought about it. Then, I thought about how unusual-looking people describe the way it feels when little kids point and ask their parents what's wrong with them. Those kids are only curious. Imagine if instead of pointing and asking questions, people flee in animal terror at the sight of you and little kids cry, which they were doing. I felt ashamed of how my naked fear must have made her feel. I couldn't take the photo.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2018, 01:42:13 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnZnSumfIlE
Oh whatever.

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 02:50:10 PM

Lately by some stroke of luck (or matronly age), I have been able to pull of the nose-in-the-air, squared shoulder, "Excuse me". Works every time lately.  My body language does all the derision, but I keep my tone truly friendly.  Not quite sure how this development finally came about, but it is a gem.  It almost works too well, where I have had to caution mothers not to abuse, as they start dislocating children's shoulders, pulling them closer.  A couple of times I've had to say, "It's really okay.  I don't want any child to be pulled too hard!"

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 26, 2018, 04:49:52 PM
Which is why they make these:

https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/pee-pee-teepees

Only takes once...

;D
Wow.  Only in America.

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

Albrecht, these carts ARE for anyone.  There is no restriction on who may use them.  While I am usually not a proponent of fraud, I would encourage any shopper who is really having a bad day to unplug a cart and use it.  If you smile and are pleasant, you may find you get a lot of sympathetic looks from the opposite sex.  And, people who ordinarily would not make eye contact suddenly fawn over you.  If questioned, it is easy enough to say you just left Lowe's Hardware (or any other concrete, warehouse store) and your feet are killing you!  Or a backache.

It can be a refreshing change in how strangers relate to you.  If you come across staff or people you know, it is easy enough to rave about the carts and say you'll be fine, just a bunion...

albrecht

Quote from: monica on May 26, 2018, 05:55:12 PM

Albrecht, these carts ARE for anyone.  There is no restriction on who may use them.  While I am usually not a proponent of fraud, I would encourage any shopper who is really having a bad day to unplug a cart and use it.  If you smile and are pleasant, you may find you get a lot of sympathetic looks from the opposite sex.  And, people who ordinarily would not make eye contact suddenly fawn over you.  If questioned, it is easy enough to say you just left Lowe's Hardware (or any other concrete, warehouse store) and your feet are killing you!  Or a backache.

It can be a refreshing change in how strangers relate to you.  If you come across staff or people you know, it is easy enough to rave about the carts and say you'll be fine, just a bunion...
I'd feel bad about using them unless I really had an injury or reason to do so. I wonder though...would they let me use those carts deals used to round up and push all the other shopping carts. It would be fun to be pushing around a huge 'snake' of shopping carts around an empty lot. Have races even. Not "fun" as a job, hours after hours, but just once. As kid we had to do that by hand, the job of a sacker etc looks more fun now. Do peoples still tip?

ps: why don't the police arrest, or at least cite, homeless people who steal them? It is obvious that the homeless guy doesn't have permission to have his cart, still affixed with branding, out on the highway, in the woods, crossing the streets, etc?

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 06:19:52 PM
I'd feel bad about using them unless I really had an injury or reason to do so. I wonder though...would they let me use those carts deals used to round up and push all the other shopping carts. It would be fun to be pushing around a huge 'snake' of shopping carts around an empty lot. Have races even. Not "fun" as a job, hours after hours, but just once. As kid we had to do that by hand, the job of a sacker etc looks more fun now. Do peoples still tip?

ps: why don't the police arrest, or at least cite, homeless people who steal them? It is obvious that the homeless guy doesn't have permission to have his cart, still affixed with branding, out on the highway, in the woods, crossing the streets, etc?
Well, we haven't had motor cart shortages, so if you cant beat 'em, joining is an option i have enjoyed from time to time.  Started with sore feet from heels, and ended with lots of smiles and hellos.  Almost everyone here out in the milk-bred west says, "Oh, pardon me!  I'm sorry!" to any cart rider, whether warranted or not, lol.  Just a way to brighten a day.

Yeah, those cart wrangler machines are amazing!  But they would haul you away for sure!  I've seen kids jump in regu!ar carts though, to race down slopes - totally dangerous.

Most grocers don't allow tips as far as I know.  Seems like the baggers often want to walk out with you.  Fresh aidr and moving feet are a lot nicer than the strain of standing all day.  Fatigue mats just disappeared in this economy.  Like stools dsappeared thirty years ago at cash registers (at least here).  I think people tip at the Commissary at Christmastime, though.

Have you seen the way carts stop when moved off property?  Out here, tney have radio-controlled devices (hidden in the wheel?) which literally put the brakes on if you go too far.  How I found out, was that they sometimes malfunction and you can't get to your vehicle.

I suppose ruffians would just tell the cop they "found it".  But, if caught in the act, then there should be consequences!

I hate Ross, where you can fill a huge cart (uh, once in a while), but then they dont let you take the cart out of the store!  How stupid! Of course they dont have adequate staff to guard your puchase, nor a pull-through for those who can pull a car around.

albrecht

Quote from: monica on May 26, 2018, 06:55:45 PM
Well, we haven't had motor cart shortages, so if you cant beat 'em, joining is an option i have enjoyed from time to time.  Started with sore feet from heels, and ended with lots of smiles and hellos.  Almost everyone here out in the milk-bred west says, "Oh, pardon me!  I'm sorry!" to any cart rider, whether warranted or not, lol.  Just a way to brighten a day.

Yeah, those cart wrangler machines are amazing!  But they would haul you away for sure!  I've seen kids jump in regu!ar carts though, to race down slopes - totally dangerous.

Most grocers don't allow tips as far as I know.  Seems like the baggers often want to walk out with you.  Fresh aidr and moving feet are a lot nicer than the strain of standing all day.  Fatigue mats just disappeared in this economy.  Like stools dsappeared thirty years ago at cash registers (at least here).  I think people tip at the Commissary at Christmastime, though.

Have you seen the way carts stop when moved off property?  Out here, tney have radio-controlled devices (hidden in the wheel?) which literally put the brakes on if you go too far.  How I found out, was that they sometimes malfunction and you can't get to your vehicle.

I suppose ruffians would just tell the cop they "found it".  But, if caught in the act, then there should be consequences!

I hate Ross, where you can fill a huge cart (uh, once in a while), but then they dont let you take the cart out of the store!  How stupid! Of course they dont have adequate staff to guard your puchase, nor a pull-through for those who can pull a car around.
I never use them to load my groceries into my vehicle but when I worked at a grocery store the ladies usually tipped. Of course several decades ago. Not much but considering the wage it was nice and over the days could add up. But that was only when you took the groceries to their car and loaded them in, usually. And hot down here and so sort of a pain. No tips just for sacking. Now it would seem (or maybe it is folks going for tips) that there are less sackers and you have to do it yourself. But maybe the sackers see me as not likely to want their help to car and hence no tip so move to another station?
That is interesting about the RFID tag (or whatever) in carts to disable them from leaving the premises. I guess tech is so cheap that it is worth it, at least in markets of high homelessness? Not sure why haven't implemented here in some areas.

The Piggly Wiggly where i shopped had just bought maybe 100 new buggies. These were nice. The wheels rolled smoothly, and nothing rattled or squeaked. They were immaculate Sadly by the end of the first week, they started disappearing. Then, I saw a homeless man pushing one of the brand new carts along the freeway through the "Drawers" slum neighborhood. He had already filled it with sacks of rubbish. I told him he better return the cart. He promised he would. Later taht week, I went to the store and told the security guard I had seen homeless Adam with one of the carts near the projects. Adam had not returned the cart. it was upsetting.

At the Casino, where I shop now, a guard stands by the door and won't even let you take the carts outside.

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 07:03:53 PM
I never use them to load my groceries into my vehicle but when I worked at a grocery store the ladies usually tipped. Of course several decades ago. Not much but considering the wage it was nice and over the days could add up. But that was only when you took the groceries to their car and loaded them in, usually. And hot down here and so sort of a pain. No tips just for sacking. Now it would seem (or maybe it is folks going for tips) that there are less sackers and you have to do it yourself. But maybe the sackers see me as not likely to want their help to car and hence no tip so move to another station?
That is interesting about the RFID tag (or whatever) in carts to disable them from leaving the premises. I guess tech is so cheap that it is worth it, at least in markets of high homelessness? Not sure why haven't implemented here in some areas.

i think it would end the problem if they hired a couple of snipers instead...

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 26, 2018, 07:21:58 PM
At the Casino, where I shop now, a guard stands by the door and won't even let you take the carts outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwLYLkUkLTo

Dr. MD MD

Whatever?! ???

Such neglect! Such disregard!! :-\

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2018, 07:03:53 PM
I seriously doubt baggers go for greener pastures!  Most places are running on skeleton staffing, so the execs and stock holders get richer.  And really, I don't know where you live, but I am pretty sure tipping is entirely against most grocery stores here.  I have heard of employees being fired for accepting tips at some businesses, but i cant remember what kind of businesses.

Too bad about the heat, though.  Sometimes at the store with benches, I just sit and watch the lines.  Bec so many things keep cha gi g, I want to see how others deal with the frustrations of dirty cashier velts, someone else's change left behind in the dispenser (always check!  What will they do, stop you!!), how to load items onto the belt without having to walk backwards to get behind your cart again once it is empty so you can advance to the point-of-sale transaction pad, cashiers who don't establish rapport, obnoxious people in line behind you, reaching the high pin pad with flourescent light glare, cosmo porn, and so on!  Not to mention the megahertz scanner beeping your ears off for every item.

If I ever were to lose it, it would likely be at a grocery cashier register.  Sometimes, if my trip was frivolous or can wait, I just bail out if things get to be too much.  The noises, the lights, the people, fake service dogs the size of Texas, sometimes off leash, the grime, the sucky indoor air quality, poor mechandising (no listed price), concrete floors, no benches, dirty restrooms too far away or locked, club cards, coupons, clearance... and often, high prices and bad cashiers...  Like if I'm spending a hundred, and the cashier says not one word until demanding my money.  That's a scenario where I might bail out, if things start to get overwhelming.  Of course, it is not the best solution, and I always try to say why I am bailing so at least they know.  It's a desperate measure, but nicer than bitching a cashier out or finding a manager to complain to.  Now that my debit card has a chip, it is somewhat held hostage so that narrows bailing opportunity, which is fine.  My goal is to always complete my transaction.  But the registers and all the mag porn and candy are a real very stressful, obnoxiously loud place.

So a few times I sat and watched how others dealt with the stress.  I saw that many people seemed about as happy as I, although some people did just sail right through.  People behind me in line tend to push forward, bec I am short and I look pretty dismissable most days.  And, to make matters worse, most cashier either lke and trust me, or I have an innocent face, bec they always start counting their til and making drops into the safe when it's my turn.  They know I won't mind, and I wouldn't at all, except it's like every time now, for over a decade.

By the time I get to the register, my bad leg is on fire and if i dont sit soon, it will cause hours of back pain the next day.  And, at the register, i really struggle bec I can't feel my fingers half the time.  I have an open-faced wallet, so i dont have to dig, but by the time I leave the register, both my hands are numb at best, and on fire at worst.  There are pills i can take for some of this, but they arent exactly cheap!  I try to make trips short and am trying to get a lightweight chair i can keep in the grocery cart.  But short trips require more frequent trips, which means getting in and out of the car more often, which has other challenges...  But you know, I look pretty normal, so cashiers have no idea why I start to speak pointedly, sounding terse, making sure the bags are light, that clearance was rung right, that I got the club card discount, that i used the right card for food items, that I remember to ask for stamps or a paper bag, and that items that had no shelf price are negotiated.  I used to try to get cashiers to bag nicely (cold items together, bananas in paper bags), but i had to let go of that years ago.  It just isnt feasible anymore, with all the noise and having to shout to be heard.  But I've learned to tell them I am in horrible pain at the register, even though I'm not seeking special treatment and I'm not disabled (other than needing light bags).  It is truly none of their business, but tell them bec it seems to help.  If i dont tell them, they get real snotty at my pointed tone and assertiveness.  They shouldnt, but they do.
I think if I was a man, they wouldn't mind me being so focused and perhaps seeming a little selfish.  But really, I dont go to the store to make friends; I go to get supplies.  And in chaotic, offensive environments like the ones around here, if I am not very focused, I would be likely to leave something behind, forget to get stamps, pay for an tem I merely wanted the price on, etc...  Like our friend the Nye County Sheriff, I have had to drive back to stores many times, to find my phone, purse or a grocery item left outside in the cart.  Been fast and lucky so far, but things just take more focus than they used to.

Anyhow, it all usually works out.  I only bail when things are just intolerable, usually associated with cashier rudeness or dogs off leash. Some stores I just avoid, like Thriftway, which has alcohol on every isle, at the register, and all.over the produce section too.  (I dont drink).  Shopping at night is easier, altho I've noticed many night shoppers are on-edge in loud store environments like me, which is why they are there at night too, so I dont smile much then.  Although I have less pain at the register if i go early in the day, so sometimes that works well. 

This is the Annoys You thread, right?  Okay well, that felt great to release!

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 26, 2018, 09:25:00 PM
Whatever?! ???

Such neglect! Such disregard!! :-\
I expected her to say do-me, based on my understanding of your description.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on May 27, 2018, 01:58:46 AM
I expected her to say do-me, based on my understanding of your description.

When she said just do you she was addressing me, the viewer. How else would you expect me to phrase that?!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 09:24:52 PM

The "you do you and I do me" thing has a certain connotation

Sex sells. Skinning ppl? Not so much for most

Maybe this commercial is a bit of advertising Rorschoch? I'mma stay on Doc's good side