• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Radio Controlled Aircraft

Started by whoozit, September 19, 2016, 03:25:15 PM

whoozit

Here is what I fly at the local hockey arena.  It is nice to get paid doing your hobby.

ItsOver

Here's what's next for my UMX squadron.  Horizon will be releasing an ultra micro A-10 soon.  22" wingspan.  8)

http://youtu.be/F8hyGHwZcqo

whoozit

Quote from: ItsOver on October 10, 2016, 09:01:13 AM
Here's what's next for my UMX squadron.  Horizon will be releasing an ultra micro A-10 soon.  22" wingspan.  8)

http://youtu.be/F8hyGHwZcqo
I may have to get that.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on October 10, 2016, 11:07:04 AM
I may have to get that.
I've already pre-ordered it, whoozit.  I suspect it's going to be quite popular.  Imagine, a dual brushless micro fan.  It certainly sounds and looks cool in the video.  ;D

whoozit

Putting together another Extreme Flight 60” Extra.  Going to check out a flying field near my new home and hopefully do some flying this weekend.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on May 25, 2018, 04:50:07 PM
Putting together another Extreme Flight 60” Extra.  Going to check out a flying field near my new home and hopefully do some flying this weekend.

Electric or fuel?

whoozit

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
Electric or fuel?
Electric.  The one in the picture is the same kind of plane.  I sold that one before I moved.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on May 25, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Electric.  The one in the picture is the same kind of plane.  I sold that one before I moved.

What kind of flight time so you get to per battery pac?

whoozit

I use a 6 cell 5000mah battery.  Usually can fly 8-10 minutes.  If I’m flying hard 3D I’ll use a 3200mah battery and get about 6 minutes.

whoozit

No flying for me this weekend.  Plane is together but I don’t have the right sized power pole connectors for #10 AWG.  Won’t fit into contact designed for #12 AWG,   :'(

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on May 26, 2018, 03:47:22 PM
No flying for me this weekend.  Plane is together but I don’t have the right sized power pole connectors for #10 AWG.  Won’t fit into contact designed for #12 AWG,   :'(

I guess you have too much amperage flow to risk cutting a few strands of copper.

whoozit

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 26, 2018, 04:19:43 PM
I guess you have too much amperage flow to risk cutting a few strands of copper.
Yup.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 26, 2018, 03:47:22 PM

Bugger.. I need to get some yellow and translucent blue Oricover for my 'Hammer' V tail F3 glider before  it flies again...Did I tell you I picked up a 1/5 scale plan for a Schweitzer 1-35 glider the other week? I'm going to get it scaled up to 1/4 scale..Make a nice 12 foot span ship.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 04:52:53 PM

Bugger.. I need to get some yellow and translucent blue Oricover for my 'Hammer' V tail F3 glider before  it flies again...Did I tell you I picked up a 1/5 scale plan for a Schweitzer 1-35 glider the other week? I'm going to get it scaled up to 1/4 scale..Make a nice 12 foot span ship.
That sounds like it should be fun.  There is a slope soaring site about 60-70 minutes north of me.  I may go check it out, I’ve always wanted to do that.  It must make you a better pilot flying anything.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 26, 2018, 04:56:16 PM
That sounds like it should be fun.  There is a slope soaring site about 60-70 minutes north of me.  I may go check it out, I’ve always wanted to do that.  It must make you a better pilot flying anything.

I've only ever flown one electric model...An E flight Taylorcraft...Kit made in China (where else) 'glued' together with sparrow spit. Other than that, gliders only. I know several who fly multiple disciplines and those that can fly jets also say gliders can be harder. It's certainly purer and quieter.  :)

Yorkshire pud

This was my mate at Los Banos the other week. The yellow plane is the Hammer, the one on the right of his car is a Chris Foss Middle Phase.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 05:00:19 PM

I've only ever flown one electric model...An E flight Taylorcraft...Kit made in China (where else) 'glued' together with sparrow spit. Other than that, gliders only. I know several who fly multiple disciplines and those that can fly jets also say gliders can be harder. It's certainly purer and quieter.  :)
Much less margin for error.  No pushing the stick forward and powering out of anything.

Yorkshire pud

I suppose it becomes second nature to gain lift by pushing the stick forward, it seems counter intuitive at first, but to make the wing work you need airspeed. Camber helps too or if you're really in a rush reflex and really hoon around.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 26, 2018, 04:56:16 PM

Go on, you know you want one.....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/ash-31-64m-arf-han3185

And the guy here is a several times flying god.. He can literally fly anything R/C in aircraft.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeamHorizonAir/

whoozit

Perhaps in time.  That is a big (in many senses) investment to see if I like something.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 09:00:24 AM
Perhaps in time.  That is a big (in many senses) investment to see if I like something.

I think you knew I was joking about getting something like this yet. ;D

I'm not sure I'd want to sink that kind of money into something like that, though it is cheaper than the offerings made in Germany and Czech Rep. As it would be, because it's made in China.

Biggest gliders I've flown have been five metre span. They're more stable and in many ways easier to fly than smaller stuff but you need a lot of sky to get the best from them and landing takes more planning.

whoozit

I figured it was a bit tongue in cheek.  The field I checked out this weekend has folks that fly turbines.  It will be fun to watch them fly but I’m not ready to sink 10k+ into a plane.  Not to mention the hassle of getting a turbine waiver.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 28, 2018, 09:31:00 AM
I figured it was a bit tongue in cheek.  The field I checked out this weekend has folks that fly turbines.  It will be fun to watch them fly but I’m not ready to sink 10k+ into a plane.  Not to mention the hassle of getting a turbine waiver.

And the turbine rebuild every five or so flights.  :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 09:32:56 AM

And the turbine rebuild every five or so flights.  :-\

A turbin slid up yer arsehole would be the right fit!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 28, 2018, 10:30:05 AM
A turbin slid up yer arsehole would be the right fit!

I have my very own stalker.. Post often.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 10:34:11 AM

You have stalked MY nation, you treasonous limey serf!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 28, 2018, 11:00:16 AM
You have stalked MY nation, you treasonous limey serf!

Not yet I haven't..But I'm sure working on it..  ;)

Treasonous to whom? You? Oh poor thing that you are.. I have no affiliation to you on any level.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 26, 2018, 05:10:23 PM
This was my mate at Los Banos the other week. The yellow plane is the Hammer, the one on the right of his car is a Chris Foss Middle Phase.
THAT'S LAURA?!

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 28, 2018, 10:34:11 AM

You've got the Metrosexual and I have the Dickdr.