• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory debates caller, makes sense for once.

Started by Mr. Hanky, February 27, 2013, 11:22:44 AM

Mr. Hanky

There was an interesting exchange on a Feb. 15th show during the caller segment that involved a caller named Vicki and George. It's safe to say that Vicki isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and for once, logic prevails and Noory out-duels her without falling asleep as he usually does: From http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/02/russian_meteor_aliens.php

"Vicki claimed that she predicted two months ago that a "bright white light" would flash across the sky. "This is coming," she said. "We have to stop attacking these other planets."

"We're ticking somebody off, aren't we?" Noory sayd, to which she agreed. But then she got combative when Noory asked what else did this multi-generational psychic see. In particular, Vicki insisted we stop exploring other planets, while Noory maintained that our space exploration was not only legitimate, but that aliens came to this planet first, so we are perfectly within our right to fuck with them. Vicki maintained "we have no business of going" to their place.

"Let's see about those days of darkness that are coming, okay?" Vicki concluded, as she hung up.

The audio is at 2:05:00. Keep watching the skies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M3SsdD41hwk#!

ufogadfly

Amazing! I don't know when I've heard him be that articulate. And I'm sure it won't happen again for a long time.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 27, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
Amazing! I don't know when I've heard him be that articulate. And I'm sure it won't happen again for a long time.

Agreed. He was more articulate than usual. What gets me is that Noory will refute obvious bullshit from a "Jane Doe" caller into his show and will debate to the bitter end, but when guests like Dames or Hoagland's bullshit even worse than this woman Vicki did, he doesn't say a word. They could say the sky is falling outside and George would agree with them.

I bet her explanation made sense when she explained it to her cats.  There was a point in that call at 2:06:30 where you could hear the giant gear in her head break

morphiaflow

You mean within one 7 day period both Wells and Noory had an on-moment?
Cripes, the world really must be about to end.

Sardondi

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on February 27, 2013, 11:22:44 AM
There was an interesting exchange on a Feb. 15th show during the caller segment that involved a caller named Vicki and George...
I want this to be memorialized in Noory's wiki page: "Noory feels humanity's space exploration is not only necessary but justified, because aliens from distant planets landed on Earth eons ago when they were exploring space, so it's only fair that Earth respond in kind."

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: Sardondi on February 27, 2013, 03:01:39 PM
I want this to be memorialized in Noory's wiki page: "Noory feels humanity's space exploration is not only necessary but justified, because aliens from distant planets landed on Earth eons ago when they were exploring space, so it's only fair that Earth respond in kind."

George Noory knows aliens from distant planets landed on Earth eons ago is a fact because Giorgio A. Tsoukalos told him it was the case.

Does Tsoukalos look like he knows what he's talking about or what?

So what's the deal here? Did Georje outwit some maniac that has watched Starship Troopers a few too many times? He might as well debate fucking birds on the air if this is the kind of bullshit it takes for him to get one accolade/accomplishment. Who let this nut on the air to begin with?
I seriously don't know if this thread is a joke or not. Georje defeating a retard in a debate is not something I'd find really intriguing unless it was over the top ridiculous. Pretty sad we find ourselves in that position.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on February 27, 2013, 03:37:40 PM
I seriously don't know if this thread is a joke or not.

80% of the threads on this site acknowledge Noory one way or the other. How's this thread any different than most?

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on February 27, 2013, 03:42:04 PM
80% of the threads on this site acknowledge Noory one way or the other. How's this thread any different than most?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming you. It is more of a commentary as to the state of that show.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on February 27, 2013, 03:47:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not flaming you. It is more of a commentary as to the state of that show.

That's cool. No problem. I do agree with you that the show has been going down hill for awhile now. I just found it amusing that Noory, who normally doesn't refute or debate anything with his guests or callers, let alone really engage them, goes back and forth with this nut Vicki and shows a pulse for a change. I wish the guy would grow a pair and start shredding some of these obvious nutjobs, whether it be a guest or normal caller, and question their bullshit. I thought this little exchange was surprising for the normally comatose Noory.

onan

That noory astounds by getting one thing, maybe right, says a great deal about just how bad he really is.

Vicki can't fill a 3 hour show
Hoagland, Dames et al can.

As for the BS they peddle, Art never poked holes in it so why should Noory

b_dubb

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 27, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
maybe he was peaking on his tumeric dose?

All I can say is despite my hatred for him, I've always thought Snoory was way smarter than he looks/sounds, but for some reason he never lets it show on C2C. I remember him back when he hosted the Nighthawk show here in St. Louis before he took over Coast, and at that time he was actually somewhat articulate and interesting to listen to when he would just talk about politics or current events. I think there might have been something in the whole "out of the ordinaryness" of C2C that he just figured he'd be an idiot along with all the others that call in. However in this case, I think he'd just had to deal with one nutcase too many and decided that he oughta prove that C2C is not a freak show. (Either that, or word's getting back to him as to the discussions on this site and he's been told to step things up a bit!)

Even Art Bell could only deal with so many screwballs up to a certain point, and if you called in and made yourself out to be a total dipshit that was just wasting his time, you were gone in a heartbeat! Ah, well, as the line goes in "Rambo III", God must love crazy people. He makes so many of them.

"No mystery is closed to an open mind." -Tim White

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on February 27, 2013, 11:30:42 PM
All I can say is despite my hatred for him, I've always thought Snoory was way smarter than he looks/sounds...

He almost has to be

Juan

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on February 27, 2013, 11:30:42 PM
All I can say is despite my hatred for him, I've always thought Snoory was way smarter than he looks/sounds, but for some reason he never lets it show on C2C.

That's a very interesting observation.  The suits in broadcasting always think the audience is made up of idiots.  This always astounded me.  So, it's entirely possible that the Cheap Channel suits told sNoory to dumb down the show.  That would fit with the company's programming on it's music stations.  The boys I worked with for awhile listened to a Cheap Channel station - it played "Stairway to Heaven", "American Pie", "Legs", etc. at least once a day.  With 60-years of rock and roll, they reduced their playlist to a couple of hundred songs.

Quote from: UFO Fill on February 28, 2013, 05:35:14 AM
That's a very interesting observation.  The suits in broadcasting always think the audience is made up of idiots.  This always astounded me.  So, it's entirely possible that the Cheap Channel suits told sNoory to dumb down the show.  That would fit with the company's programming on it's music stations.  The boys I worked with for awhile listened to a Cheap Channel station - it played "Stairway to Heaven", "American Pie", "Legs", etc. at least once a day.  With 60-years of rock and roll, they reduced their playlist to a couple of hundred songs.

He has to be smarter then he sounds on the air. He has remained host for 10 years.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 27, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

He almost has to be

Indeed. He is basically epsilon smarter than a Bigfoot as it is.