• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Cthulhu Mythos

Started by WeinerInHand, December 28, 2018, 11:58:36 PM

WeinerInHand

The Whispere in Darkness. Two hours forty five minutes

https://youtu.be/FEvIEmoCsQs

Metron2267

QuoteI wonder how well a Lovecraft thread would do on here?

...you asked in another thread...

Nice power-seeding job - you've trapped me reading military history AND Lovecraft! ;D

So:

https://hplfilmfestival.com/guests/stuart-gordon

In 1985, winning the Critics’ Award at the Cannes Film Festival, Stuart Gordon surprised audiences with his first feature film RE-ANIMATOR based on stories by H.P. Lovecraft. With its stunning box office success, RE-ANIMATOR became the first of a series of Lovecraft inspired films utilizing screenplays by longtime writing partner Dennis Paoli. They include: FROM BEYOND (1986), CASTLE FREAK, based on “The Outsider” (1994), DAGON (2001) and DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE (2005) which was produced for THE MASTERS OF HORROR television series.

Last year he directed a radio play adaptation of Lovecraft’s THE HOUND for Larry Fessenden’s “Tales From Beyond the Pale.”

Stuart Gordon has developed a strong and loyal following and increased interest in the work of Mr. Lovecraft.

He is happy and honored to return to the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival.

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Jackstar

Trailers that spoil the entire movie will be considered as "propaganda" for executive purposes when I am enthroned. I'm just sayin'.

Metron2267

Oh stop being such a control freak, there may be more folks that haven't seen this than have.

"I approve"="I heard about it on a Metallica album"

Metron2267

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 29, 2018, 05:36:16 PM
"I approve"="I heard about it on a Metallica album"

Nice find - Jack's got a good set of pipes. He sounds a wee bit less, shall we say, tendentious in person?

Guild men, heh...nice word/meaning play...8)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 29, 2018, 03:43:20 PM
...you asked in another thread...

Nice power-seeding job - you've trapped me reading military history AND Lovecraft! ;D

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Nothing wrong with a little Yog Sothothery!

Jackstar

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 29, 2018, 09:46:24 PM
I think Jackstar would allow it:

My no-compete contract with the Gilled Men is very constrictive, but the rewards are stellar epic.