pate

WAG sez the Dawg, Daqve!

pate

I wanted to put this in the "Music" general thread, but I got distracted:

Led Zeppelin - Bonzo's Montreux

get that loaded and then load this one, and wait ten seconds:

Styx - Come Sail Away

Then start the above...

I haven't tried this experiment in quite awhail...

Edit: adjust sound levels in post-edit to reconcile...

I thought it was indicative of something...

pate

The boatman doesn't forgive, but he allows...

pate

d_dub(sp), forgive me, but: Is this you hosting?  That's the ultimate!  hahaha!

Shit. A three hour show with a caller.

Scully

I'm enjoying Dave Schrader's show tonight.  He shows real interest in the paranormal ...  so very different from the Snorge.  I wish he and all the hosts would use Art's bumper music.  The man was a genius at setting the proper mood.  I get the impression that Schrader and others want to be "cool" more than anything.  Doesn't work for me.

Schrader is my first choice for a replacement host.  Not perfect, but close enough to count in horseshoes.  ;)

pate

Quote from: Scully on December 07, 2014, 02:47:42 AM
... Schrader is my first choice for a replacement host.  Not perfect, but close enough to count in horseshoes.  ;)

Yes! This...

His poop smells more like roses than the other guy...

pate

iGnorry couldn't handle much less comprehend a three-way call... No coinshedinces...

pate

Grate bumper music, I need another beer...

Reminds me of Ned's Atomic Dustbin "Gray Cell Green"...

Nebraska888

Dave did a good job Saturday night!  I enjoy him very much.  What a relief after Noory. 

Quote from: Mizak on November 30, 2014, 07:12:28 AM
Dave Schrader is o.k. Except it really is annoying how many times he repeats himself.Last night and other nights he says what his show is about at least 6 times in the first hour.WHY? ???

I don't know but that is a minor complaint. He doesn't suck, at least he pay attention and tries to make a good show. Too bad George doesn't learn anything from him.

WOTR

It was not a bad show.  My biggest complaint is how many times he had let her get away with answering that "it is in my new book that will be coming out, so I don't want to talk about that."  I just found it annoying...

Overall, it was pretty good... I;m sure he will be fired within the next year.

Quote from: wotr1 on December 08, 2014, 03:08:19 AM
It was not a bad show.  My biggest complaint is how many times he had let her get away with answering that "it is in my new book that will be coming out, so I don't want to talk about that."  I just found it annoying...

Schrader is good our criticism is nit picking. I just listened to the true crime from two weeks ago, he had on an attorney to help interview this lady. Essentially, I wish Dave would have tried to control the interview a bit more, she was jumping all over the place and was getting hostile when the attorney tried to keep her on track.

Scrader is pretty good but he seems like a legit nice guy unlike Noory who just pretends to be. I think if Schrader was more of a dick his interviews would be a bit better.

WOTR

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 08, 2014, 04:47:23 AM
Schrader is good our criticism is nit picking.
Absolutely.  In this case, I would call it constructive criticism.  When my biggest complaint is that he allowed her to dodge a few questions it means that it was a good show.  Usually, my biggest complaint about a host is that they do not listen, are uninterested, boring, mispronounce words and do no prep work for the show.

Dave (Schrader- not Noory) is actually pretty good.  However, this is why I predict his firing within a year.  I doubt that Jorch will allow a host who is obviously superior to him to remain on the program.

b_dubb

Alien abduction stories "recalled" under hypnosis are bullshit.  And the tale told on Schrader's recent show is no different.

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on December 08, 2014, 08:52:00 AM
Alien abduction stories "recalled" under hypnosis are bullshit.  And the tale told on Schrader's recent show is no different.
but it was still a good show, regardless.

cweb

Quote from: wotr1 on December 08, 2014, 03:08:19 AM

Agreed. "It's in my new book" gets annoying. I can respect keeping some stuff held back, but you gotta give us a taste.

That said, Dave did well. He was quite awake and asked good questions. I liked the show.

WildCard

Quote from: b_dubb on December 08, 2014, 08:52:00 AM
All generalizations are false.

Uncle Duke

Schrader impressed me during his interview of the abductee couple, he asked some fairly challenging questions that seemed to throw the guests off their game.  At one point he did comment he was getting lots of questions via social media, so some of things he asked probably came from listeners, but at least he had the chutzpah to ask.  Noory would have babbled throughout the interview, Knapp would have offered positive reinforcement and lobbed leading questions to help the guests support their claims. 

The guests themselves were far from convincing, even without Schrader's healthy objectivity. Admittedly I'm more of a hardware/engineering type where UFOs are concerned, and like b_dubb I don't put a lot of stock in the regression hypnosis bit. Still, I think there are abductees who honestly believe they were abducted, and for all I know some of them were.  The husband/wife team Schrader interviewed were neither, they came across as hucksters to me.  More Adamski than Hill or Walton.

Is Schrader this objective on his own program?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 09, 2014, 10:34:23 PM
Schrader impressed me during his interview of the abductee couple, he asked some fairly challenging questions that seemed to throw the guests off their game.  At one point he did comment he was getting lots of questions via social media, so some of things he asked probably came from listeners, but at least he had the chutzpah to ask.  Noory would have babbled throughout the interview, Knapp would have offered positive reinforcement and lobbed leading questions to help the guests support their claims. 

The guests themselves were far from convincing, even without Schrader's healthy objectivity. Admittedly I'm more of a hardware/engineering type where UFOs are concerned, and like b_dubb I don't put a lot of stock in the regression hypnosis bit. Still, I think there are abductees who honestly believe they were abducted, and for all I know some of them were.  The husband/wife team Schrader interviewed were neither, they came across as hucksters to me.  More Adamski than Hill or Walton.

Yeah, Schrader ask good questions on his show. He is a good host.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 09, 2014, 10:34:23 PM

Yes, more so on his own program. He doesn't hold to the "world is ending and the government(s) is the bad guy looking to come and kill you and depopulate the world" stuff that C2C has as its new agenda has it. I've heard him take on callers and guests much more than the normal C2C host does.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on December 10, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Yes, more so on his own program. He doesn't hold to the "world is ending and the government(s) is the bad guy looking to come and kill you and depopulate the world" stuff that C2C has as its new agenda has it. I've heard him take on callers and guests much more than the normal C2C host does.
in other words he is engaged with both guest and caller.like a host should be.

Nebraska888

Quote from: wr250 on December 10, 2014, 05:56:00 PM
in other words he is engaged with both guest and caller.like a host should be.

AMEN!!!!!  DAVE DOES A GOOD JOB! 

Mizak

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 08, 2014, 12:30:50 AM
I don't know but that is a minor complaint. He doesn't suck, at least he pay attention and tries to make a good show. Too bad George doesn't learn anything from him.

When you compare anyone to snoory of course they are going to be better.