• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why can I not see some attachments?

Started by Birdie, May 17, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

Birdie

I can view most attachments to posts, but cannot figure out why some attachments come up as blanks. It happens with both photos and video. Here is a screenshot of what I see on the thread 'George Knapp's Update on Bob Lazar':

I'm on iPad 3, iOS 7.1.
Thanks.

Edit: Here is another shot. The first attachment is blank, but the second one is visible. It's weird.

Its something to do with Adobe Flash updates.

paladin1991

You have to be cleared by MV for full access to the forum.  At the very least a level 3 pass to see all attachments, jpegs etc.  You have to be a level 5 to  see the shadow forum threads.  Unless someone here will vouch for you then you get to piggyback on their priviliges.  Screw that up and you burn your buddy and yourself.  But hey, 'buddy' is only half a word.  Right?

Jackstar

Actually, you just need the blessing of a Discordian Pope.

*wiggle, wiggle, wiggle*

There you go! All set! Disclaimer: you're still going to Hades for using Apple products, race traitor.

jazmunda

Quote from: Birdie on May 17, 2014, 10:23:28 PM
I can view most attachments to posts, but cannot figure out why some attachments come up as blanks. It happens with both photos and video. Here is a screenshot of what I see on the thread 'George Knapp's Update on Bob Lazar':

I'm on iPad 3, iOS 7.1.
Thanks.

Edit: Here is another shot. The first attachment is blank, but the second one is visible. It's weird.

It's the YouTube videos that you can't see which is an iOS thing. It happens on the iPhone and iPad. The strange thing is is that if you go back into the thread later the videos sometimes show up and you can click on them and view them. Sometimes when they are blank you can click in the empty spot and the video will sometimes play. I don't know what the technical explanation is though.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on May 18, 2014, 06:04:44 AM
It's the YouTube videos that you can't see which is an iOS thing. It happens on the iPhone and iPad. The strange thing is is that if you go back into the thread later the videos sometimes show up and you can click on them and view them. Sometimes when they are blank you can click in the empty spot and the video will sometimes play. I don't know what the technical explanation is though.

the technical explanation is "apple makes a superior OS"  . the other explanation is "george noory sucks" .

aldousburbank

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 18, 2014, 02:11:34 AM
You have to be cleared by MV for full access to the forum.  At the very least a level 3 pass to see all attachments, jpegs etc.  You have to be a level 5 to  see the shadow forum threads.  Unless someone here will vouch for you then you get to piggyback on their priviliges.  Screw that up and you burn your buddy and yourself.  But hey, 'buddy' is only half a word.  Right?
I think that the proper spelling is butty.

bigchucka

Quote from: Birdie on May 17, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

Probably because the second attachment was awesome!

I need to get around to looking for another good one...

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on May 18, 2014, 07:38:44 AM
the technical explanation is "apple makes a superior OS"  . the other explanation is "george noory sucks" .

There are many fandroids on here that would disagree with your first statement (not me) but no one one here who would disagree with your last one.

Birdie

Quote from: jazmunda on May 18, 2014, 06:04:44 AM
A few hours after I posted, I went back to the Knapp/Lazar thread and the video was visible. It is very odd. I could have sworn some still images were blank at times, as well.
Has there been an app made that will allow flash? Every one I have tried does not work. They all claim to work, but they do not.

jazmunda

Quote from: Birdie on May 18, 2014, 06:15:28 PM
A few hours after I posted, I went back to the Knapp/Lazar thread and the video was visible. It is very odd. I could have sworn some still images were blank at times, as well.
Has there been an app made that will allow flash? Every one I have tried does not work. They all claim to work, but they do not.

It's not the still images that are blank. It is the embedded You Tube videos. Sometimes they show sometimes they don't. I wouldn't trust any apps that say they allow flash particularly if they are paid apps. I can't believe they still through the app approval process.