• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How does the buddy list work?

Started by Mels-hole1984, March 17, 2014, 09:02:52 PM

Mels-hole1984

The question is in the subject line. I haven't really messed with my layout or anything. Sometimes I find myself away for days and couldn't possibly read through all the threads. I usually go to the usual places and read what interests me, but there are certain posters I find entertaining and would like to see those posts specifically. Save for having to click on members list and looking at their profile, if I were to add someone to my "buddy list" would those posts be segregated to a specific area where only those posts show? If I add someone as "buddy" do they receive a notification?

onan

The only thing I have noticed about "buddies", is that when they are on the forum their names are bolder than the other users.

The General

It's a simple system...
For every name you add to your 'buddy list,'
George Noory will be kicked in the ass.

onan

Quote from: The General on March 18, 2014, 12:18:28 PM
It's a simple system...
For every name you add to your 'buddy list,'
George Noory will be kicked in the ass.

In that case, we need more members to buddy up with.

MV/Liberace!

i really don't know much about what the buddy list does for you, but i'm sure there are plenty of answers at simplemachines.org.  that's where the software for this forum comes from.

Mels-hole1984

I went to that site. Instructions weren't clear enough, got my dick stuck in the ceiling fan. I'm just gong to add bunch of people and see what the hell happens. Thanks guys.

zeebo

I think it's not too useful.  I added some buddies, but like, that didn't make them real buddies, in that they won't loan me any cash.