• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Jojo

Quote from: Catsmile on May 21, 2018, 06:09:01 PM
No one is asking you to except anything. However you are apparently demanding your "norms" be excepted as the high and mighty standard by which all else is judged.

Sorry the world isn't up to your ideal standards. Most of us have to live within the real world, and how it actually works. Which gives a framework of understanding and empathy, from which to work within. So as to enact meaningful change within ourselves, and other cultures. Without all the high and mighty harsh judgments. As apposed to imagined ideals decreed from upon high, that must be conformed to, else be castigated as lowly unworthy as a culture. Even though you've never even bothered to try to understand other cultures perspectives, much less encourage positive outcomes for those who are "less than" yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't stubbornly cling to such narrow & simplistic views of the world around you. 

You also seem misguided believing love must be composed of one thing or feeling for all people. Which of course is your ideal of what love is, else it isn't TRUE worthy love. An ideal which is the only standard by which the whole world must be judged. Else it is less than or not real. No two loves are the same for an individual, much less the endless trillions of combinations of potential loves. How lonely you must be in a sea of humanity. Without this basic grasp of how empathy & love works, with it's potential boundless infinities. 

Now you move the goal post away from Irene being able to love Art. Making it about what Art possibility did to Irene. As if the two things are the same. You can't even follow your own train of thought without derailing it. Most likely Arts biggest expectation from love, only extended to how it satiated his hedonistic personality at moment. Which would make it easier going from one person to another as the need suits. Much the same way others use a spoon, fork, or chopsticks without a great deal of compunction.

Welcome to the boomers modern throwaway society. Which some people seem to believe is the cultural apogee, by which all other cultures are measured.
Freyja didnt say the world wasnt up to his/her standards.  S/he said Art's behavior wasnt.

Bluejay

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 02:10:47 PM
Heather Wade charges only 4.99 now
she charged less over the phone few years ago

El Chorro

Art Bell is dead,
Poor Art Bell is dead.
He loved his cats but acted like a hound.
His kids were notified
and a few have even cried,
The rest of them are waitin' to be found.

Art Bell is dead,
His final word's been said.
The legacy he left is nearly spent.
His body's now been laid
in the shed by Heather Wade.
Oh wait that's not exactly what I meant.

Poor Art is dead,
He tried to get ahead
By startin' up and quittin' now and then.
He spoke of UFOs
Till a stalker tale arose,
He won't be startin' anything again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euq8Z4l6Iwk

Morgus

Any odds on HW getting on the air live a week from tonight, on Memorial Day?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Tricky-D on May 21, 2018, 07:27:11 PM
Let me call a buddy down to the shop to check out this handwriting... unlike Rick from pawn stars I don’t have a handwriting expert but look at this autograph and the signature in the letter in this post.

The giveaway is how he makes the 't' in Art in both signature samples, but does not do this in the body of the letter. The C-slant is consistent throughout, as is the uneven speed in forming the letters. Notice the tendency to revert to copybook style - what we are taught in school.  The wording (a separate issue entirely) is also consistent with how he speaks. I'd say he wrote the letter.

Lilith

Quote from: Lowbot on May 21, 2018, 07:56:39 PM
Don’t freak out, everyone, but it looks like EWU stumbled upon the cuckshed:

https://youtu.be/AcAB3SJeC4Y

Arts man cave?

PrairieGhost

The last 20 pages worth reading or jump ahead?

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 21, 2018, 05:38:52 PM
Teddy Roosevelt had I believe 2 son's fight in WWI. One Kermit was a fighter pilot and was killed. Hell, TR was a vet and Medal of Honor winner as a Rough Rider, Spanish and American war. He wanted to re-enlist and fight in WWI, but was denied by Wilson. Geo. W Bush was a fighter pilot of F-106 and served as an interceptor pilot in the Cold War yrs in the Texas Air National Guard. Daddy Bush was the youngest Naval Aviator in WW2. Shot down twice as a dive bomber pilot. Some of these entire units were 100% or close to it in that war...very dangerous job. Vice President Pence has a son I believe in combat as a Marine right now.
There has been a long tradion of Presidents and family fighting in the US Armed Forces. From George Washington who was a officer in the Virginia Militia/British Army and fought against the French in the French and Indian war. Of course the 2 Kennedy's Joe jr. USAAC died testing the "bunker buster" bomb as a Pilot in WW2 as well as JFK PT boat co in the Pacific, also almost killed and sustained life long back injury. Daddy Joe sr was Amb to the UK and very rich and powerful. So he could have protected either or both. Joe jr was the son he was grooming and hoped would be President. Andrew Jasckson, war of 1812. Lincoln also was active in fights against the Indians as a Militia member, Truman was an Artillery Capt in combat ww1. FDR had polio and needed heavy braces and wheel chair so he was out. Lincoln had I think two sons in the Civil war, one lived one died. TR's brother or youngest son was a Brig. Gen and fought in the US Army. He was a very sick man but made Ike give him permission to fight and landed in D-Day to liberate Europe. He was attached to Patton's Army and died from the strain of his weak heart. Of course we know about Ike, he fought as MacArthur's chief of staff and co allied forces in WW2. The USA has a very long and storied History of future President's in the Military, Nixon, Reagan, Ford & Carter just in modern times. Tyler, Mexican/American war and many others in post and even pre antebellum times. Even CSA president Jefferson Davis, (US Civil War) was a soldier and West Point Grad. As have many of their children and family. Could they have ducked it sure, did they, no! Many fought and died on forigen soil...not to conquer but liberate. Some Presidents didn't have Sons or they were either to old or too young or no wars. I believe Ike's son was in the Navy and was married to Nixon's daughter. I'm doing this from memory so I am leaving some out.

As for William and Harry they were in combat. William as a rescue chopper pilot. Harry I believe flew Apache attack helios and served over 10 yrs. Many British royals have fought in combat for as long as the empire was around. A decision was made that in Afghanistan Harry was too exposed and recalled. Imagine if he was shot down and captured? But those two are not pussy's at all.

Trivia??
What is the last name on their uniforms and dog tags etc as they do not have real last names as royals?...............…..........Windsor!

We're talking about the modern world. 

It probably wasn't a great idea during those earlier times either, but at least there wasn't the instant communication world wide we now have.  Having high value targets on the battlefield are a liability, period.  Think about the headache of dealing with the results of the Taliban capturing Harry.  Being highly aware of this, I would guess the planners kept the possibility of that happening to the absolute minimum, which in itself would require planning and resources that could have otherwise gone to actually fighting the enemy.

Bluejay

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 21, 2018, 02:35:25 PM
i hope she's knocked up so the circle of life can be complete.

PaulK

Quote from: donpiff on May 21, 2018, 08:01:45 PM
Definitely similar, I do see differences though. It's my understanding that handwriting does change over time but I am nowhere near an expert on it. Do you know about when that photo was signed? What are your initial thoughts on it?

donpiff, first Thanks for the interview, very rare, very special.
You guys have very laid back style, no pressure and everything is in the open done raw,on the go. LOL,  it was fun to watch.

Do you have take on her talking about that 12-13-14 years old boy.
Do you think her body language, her facial expressions her tone of voice changed when that subject was talked about.
Do you think that she was withholding more details from exposing to the public about Art and him
possible having sex with very young boys or girls,pedophilia.
Perhaps she is afraid that she could incriminate herself if she was partaking in that as well.

I feel she has more stories to tell, darker stories, just how to get her to talk again.

Sean92008

Wow...
I've seen this photo...

It was the other angle of this scene:

In 1976, in a southernmost golf course neighborhood of Oceanside, Anissa Jones died of an OD...  We need to see where Art was...

Link to the full page:

http://www.bilyea.net/ArtBell/index.html

The JCPenny is still there.  For how long, unknown.

Bluejay

Mr Apnea

Quote from: chefist on May 21, 2018, 07:26:57 PM
LNM has a, "Troll Spray" ad running now..LOL

Heard it, voiced by his mini-me.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 21, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
Who is using her facebook account then?

Currently there is a green dot below her name, from my understanding, indicates she is online currently.
That green dot is not always there.

Just reloaded her page and now she's offline.

Off and on all the time.  Uploading different versions of the Tombstone

PaulK

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 21, 2018, 08:25:59 PM
Wow...
I've seen this photo...

In 1976, in a southernmost golf course neighborhood of Oceanside, Anissa Jones died of an OD...  We need to see where Art was...

Aha,
this might be not that improbable.
There might be really nasty skeletons in Art's closet. We heard from Marsha Boyd that Art consumed lot's of hard drugs those days.
So he had drugs to give to girls as well, like modern day Bill Crosby.

Dyna-X

Quote from: donpiff on May 21, 2018, 08:01:45 PM
Definitely similar, I do see differences though. It's my understanding that handwriting does change over time but I am nowhere near an expert on it. Do you know about when that photo was signed? What are your initial thoughts on it?
The photo was circa 1994, give or take a year - and most of his signings were at the peak of popularity in the late 90s. So about a 20-25 year difference between this and the letter no matter how you figure it. The 'r' is a little more stylized in the 90s sample, a stylized compromise between his 1978 sample and copybook. Our writing does vary with age by the decade in that we stray from how we were taught often with simplicity and ultimately and usually organic degeneration from loss of coordination, arthritis, medications, bad close-up eyesight, etc. It seems Art by the time he was 70, had threw in the towel on writing versus just printing, probably just using cursive to sign his name.

My suggestion the other day on arthritis was based on he was using coarse motor movements to compensate for the loss of fine motor control in the hands, even when printing.

Catsmile

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 21, 2018, 07:31:15 PM
Unfortunately I learned a long time ago if you don't expect anything or too much from people, you aren't disappointed as much. Just the way it is.

I can agree with that totally. Yet no man is an island unto themselves. We owe it to ourselves to try and understand and help eachother where/when we can. With little expectations in return. You'll lose more than you win, but winner take all isn't the goal of life. You must nourish and expand your roots to grow as a person, or wither bitterly on the vine of humanity.

All we really have of worth to pass on in this life is the milk of human kindness, the fruit of knowledge, and mixed nuts of love & empathy. With any luck we will be able to attribute a few shared moments of bliss, happiness, kindness, and knowledge, to our short roll in this existence. 

# This ride yields for no one. 
# NothingVenturedNothingGained

PaulK

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 21, 2018, 08:02:08 PM
Not an attorney, but I believe Airyn could sue on behalf of the estate.  Heather's claims of being his legacy are meaningless BS, Airyn ought to sue her for using his name commercially without permission.

According to Heather they are very good friends, Heather visits Airyn helps her taking care of Alex.
So maybe Heather Wade is "authorized" by Art Bell Estate to use anything related and connected to Art Bell.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 21, 2018, 08:25:59 PM
Wow...
I've seen this photo...

In 1976, in a southernmost golf course neighborhood of Oceanside, Anissa Jones died of an OD...  We need to see where Art was...

Link to the full page:

http://www.bilyea.net/ArtBell/index.html

The JCPenny is still there.  For how long, unknown.

Miss those old turntables.  Don't miss the hours of cleaning records.

donpiff

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 08:23:13 PM
donpiff, first Thanks for the interview, very rare, very special.
You guys have very laid back style, no pressure and everything is in the open done raw,on the go. LOL,  it was fun to watch.

Do you have take on her talking about that 12-13-14 years old boy.
Do you think her body language, her facial expressions her tone of voice changed when that subject was talked about.
Do you think that she was withholding more details from exposing to the public about Art and him
possible having sex with very young boys or girls,pedophilia.
Perhaps she is afraid that she could incriminate herself if she was partaking in that as well.

I feel she has more stories to tell, darker stories, just how to get her to talk again.

Well thanks we just enjoy what we do and don't have any outside pressure to do it a certain way.

That's some pretty good supposin' there, I wish I could tell you more but I really just have to keep my mouth shut for now. I will say that I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve her stories both public and private.
I talked to her over skype twice before the interview. Once for 3 hours and another for 4. What I can say is that there is definitely more to the story that she is not comfortable with discussing publicly yet. I don't know if that will change or not but I am sure if it does she will be back on to talk about it or even on a different show.  Glad you enjoyed it.

Kolchak

Quote from: PaulK on May 21, 2018, 08:39:13 PM
According to Heather they are very good friends, Heather visits Airyn helps her taking care of Alex.
So maybe Heather Wade is "authorized" by Art Bell Estate to use anything related and connected to Art Bell.

Heather barely talks at all and Airyn is radio silent, so we'll never know. There was speculation about Airyn and Heather fighting a while back after the death, but we've only heard from Heather.

WOTR

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 21, 2018, 08:17:05 PM
The last 20 pages worth reading or jump ahead?
At the risk of being attacked for offering my opinion, I would say no...  You can carry on from here safe in the knowledge that the only thing you have missed is more complaining about who Art was (or, at least, now "we" now speculate that he was.)

Kolchak

:'(
Quote from: WOTR on May 21, 2018, 08:44:02 PM
At the risk of being attacked for offering my opinion, I would say no...  You can safely carry on from here safe in the knowledge that the only thing you have missed is more complaining about who Art was (or, at least, now "we" now speculate that he was.)

You won't be attacked, PG. I skimmed the last 20 pages and gained nothing meaningful. Press on.

donpiff

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 21, 2018, 08:36:17 PM
The photo was circa 1994, give or take a year - and most of his signings were at the peak of popularity in the late 90s. So about a 20-25 year difference between this and the letter no matter how you figure it. The 'r' is a little more stylized in the 90s sample, a stylized compromise between his 1978 sample and copybook. Our writing does vary with age by the decade in that we stray from how we were taught often with simplicity and ultimately and usually organic degeneration from loss of coordination, arthritis, medications, bad close-up eyesight, etc. It seems Art by the time he was 70, had threw in the towel on writing versus just printing, probably just using cursive to sign his name.

My suggestion the other day on arthritis was based on he was using coarse motor movements to compensate for the loss of fine motor control in the hands, even when printing.

Thanks.