• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Phil Hendrie

Started by Caruthers612, November 20, 2008, 11:35:40 AM

Who is your favorite Hendrie guest of all time..

Art Bell
Steve Bosell
Bobbie Dooley
Chris Norton
Raj Fahneen
Austin Amarka
Bob Green
Bud Dickman
Clara Bingham
David G. Hall
Dean Wheeler
Doug Dannger
Dr. Jim Sadler
Father James McQuarter
Harvey Wireman
Herb Sewell
Jay Santos
Jeff Dowder
Lloyd Bonifide
Margaret Gray
Pastor William Rennick
R.C. Collins
Ted Bell
Vernon Dozier
General Johnson Jameson
What are your thoughts on Lloyd Bonafide, SredniVashtar?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 13, 2015, 09:21:47 PM
What are your thoughts on Lloyd Bonafide, SredniVashtar?

There are too many for me to have a favourite Hendrie character, but if I did it would be Lloyd. He's solid gold every time he comes on. It's interesting to hear Hendrie do the voice early on, and then later he makes him more senile and out there. A big highlight was the time he had Jay Santos sanding down cars to catch the Washington Sniper: this veteran came on to rip him an ass, so Hendrie had Lloyd come on to back him up. This guy thought Lloyd was on his side until he started going on about how they would vaseline up people like that in the army and 'go to work on em'. The confusion of the caller while all this was going on was pretty special, as he realised he was being implicated in gay rape.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 14, 2015, 02:17:34 AM
There are too many for me to have a favourite Hendrie character, but if I did it would be Lloyd. He's solid gold every time he comes on.
Lloyd is just...special. The kind of crazy Uncle you wish you had growing up.
I remember him trying to sneak in to the National Zoo to "snap the necks" of two panda bears to teach China a lesson.
Also love it when other veterans call in and say.."Other veterans actually allow YOU as their spokesman" as if they are in total disbelief about Lloyd being the local V.F.W. President and the hook stuck so deep in their lip they'll never get out of the confusion.

bwillard01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 14, 2015, 02:17:34 AM
There are too many for me to have a favourite Hendrie character, but if I did it would be Lloyd. He's solid gold every time he comes on. It's interesting to hear Hendrie do the voice early on, and then later he makes him more senile and out there. A big highlight was the time he had Jay Santos sanding down cars to catch the Washington Sniper: this veteran came on to rip him an ass, so Hendrie had Lloyd come on to back him up. This guy thought Lloyd was on his side until he started going on about how they would vaseline up people like that in the army and 'go to work on em'. The confusion of the caller while all this was going on was pretty special, as he realised he was being implicated in gay rape.

"Ok now I'm a f*g and I'm going to have my skull sexed.  Anything else gentleman?"

(Massively offensive word, at least on Bellgab, censored)

albrecht

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 14, 2015, 03:49:10 PM
Lloyd is just...special. The kind of crazy Uncle you wish you had growing up.
I remember him trying to sneak in to the National Zoo to "snap the necks" of two panda bears to teach China a lesson.
Also love it when other veterans call in and say.."Other veterans actually allow YOU as their spokesman" as if they are in total disbelief about Lloyd being the local V.F.W. President and the hook stuck so deep in their lip they'll never get out of the confusion.
One of my favs was when Lloyd was his citizen's arrest by pinning someone against a parking stanchion for having too many items in the grocery isle. And then talked about "snapping necks" etc.

Larry Grover with his "Christian Sex" is another favorite. "gasoline-based solvents, rubber sheets with strategic holes cut into them, etc to ensure good, clean sex."

Anyone remember Lloyd's video game he created called "Grandpa's Attic"?
Sometimes I'm afraid to write stuff on the forum that happened on PHS here even though Phil said the same thing and got away with it on National radio. Crazy.

albrecht

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 14, 2015, 07:11:18 PM
Sometimes I'm afraid to write stuff on the forum that happened on PHS here even though Phil said the same thing and got away with it on National radio. Crazy.
Haha, yep where the grandkids can find a shotgun? Sort of like the guest who said he is "protecting his kids from priests and other pedos" by locking him in the car when he goes to Home Depot in the summer.

I like the Bob Green bit where he wanted to serve leftovers in a restaurant. He would pour all the beers together to make "one big beer".

also when he refused to serve corn at the grocery to a customer with bad teeth. He said their teeth were "pointing in every direction of the compass".

SredniVashtar

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 14, 2015, 07:11:18 PM

Jeez, I'd forgotten about that one. You had to guess what was in his attic or something. I recall the phrase 'fully molested' being used at one point. Also the time a kid with CP disrupted his Elvis impersonation. The kid 'got a headful of twelve string and I finished him off with his crutch'.

Holy Ghosts

Margaret Grey was always my favorite. She claimed to have invented the fish taco at one point.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Holy Ghosts on July 15, 2015, 10:05:11 AM
Margaret Grey was always my favorite. She claimed to have invented the fish taco at one point.

She also developed an erotic obsession with Andrew Jackson and kept running out of twenties because the ink had run.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 15, 2015, 06:11:32 AM
Jeez, I'd forgotten about that one. You had to guess what was in his attic or something. I recall the phrase 'fully molested' being used at one point. Also the time a kid with CP disrupted his Elvis impersonation. The kid 'got a headful of twelve string and I finished him off with his crutch'.
There were some objectives, as in finding a map and compass, various loot and treasures. Old war medals, knives, etc. At one point, if the player survives the fight with the loaded shotgun you encounter a crazed Attic Uncle with a tendency to flash people. The Attic Uncle jumps out from a causeway and flashes the player, at which point the screen goes black and nothing but screams can be heard.

I had the pleasure of having the company of a friend who at that point, was "uninitiated" in the realm of Phil reality. I asked him if he ever had or knew of anyone having an Attic Uncle. You should have seen the look I was given lol. I pulled up and played the bit..

Art_s Farts

I really miss KBLO "Uno" and KBLO "Dos". I  search Shoutcast at least once a week hoping to find a new streaming channel of Phil's old bits but he really has put the hammer down. For a short while there Peenman Radio but it got pulled as well. I have considered signing up for a Backstage Pass but I heard its hard as hell to cancel.

Quote from: Art_s Farts on July 15, 2015, 06:06:39 PM
I really miss KBLO "Uno" and KBLO "Dos". I  search Shoutcast at least once a week hoping to find a new streaming channel of Phil's old bits but he really has put the hammer down. For a short while there Peenman Radio but it got pulled as well. I have considered signing up for a Backstage Pass but I heard its hard as hell to cancel.
I would recommend the BSP for sure, even if only for a month or two. Never had any problems cancelling personally.

albrecht

It would take a lot of work and be a real labor of love (for someone who would try to sue you if he knew) but I wish someone would make, as "somebody" did with old Art shows, an "ultimate torrent" of Hendrie's stuff. There are torrents out there but there is no "complete, ultimate" and no common naming and date format so many duplicates, bad quality, missing shows, over population of popular shows, etc.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Art_s Farts on July 15, 2015, 06:06:39 PM

I never had any problems. Just stop your subscription with PayPal, that's all, you don't have to go through them. I recommend it for all the material they have on there, stuff you thought you knew, or only heard of. When I was a subscriber it was not very well organised and Phil keeps on saying that they have got the site improved but I don't know if it is true. Someone should really do a thorough job or archiving stuff so that we can all find our best bits, but you'd need a real Hendrie historian to do that and he has alienated them all with his many lawsuits.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RichardHoaxland on July 14, 2015, 07:49:23 PM
He said their teeth were "pointing in every direction of the compass".

haaahahahaha

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Holy Ghosts on July 15, 2015, 10:05:11 AM

she also claimed to have invented the idea of placing a christmas wreath on the grill of a car.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: MV on July 16, 2015, 10:02:54 AM

she also claimed to have invented the idea of placing a christmas wreath on the grill of a car.
(

Well, let us not forget Ted Bell and 'The Ted Cocktail' (a rum and coke). He also was the inventor of putting foil around baked potatoes.

I'd like to buy you all a Ted and a pull off the baked potato tree.
The "Ted's Classy Lady Lounge" anyone?

Ok, listening to that part where Herb Sewell calls in and discusses his friend Walter Bellhaven and how Walter was pulled out of a tank undernearth a woman's outhouse in RiverCity Missouri.
Another man was also pulled out of an outhouse septic tank in New Hampshire.
So this really happened. WTF?

Here he is...

First incident:

Moody was nabbed after a "female entered the restroom and saw a man down in the 'vault' looking up at her."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/he-fell-ring-mire

Second incident:

At that point a man popped out of the hole leading to the waste vault." After a few minutes, a "completely wet" man exited the restroom and told the boy, "Man, sorry about that, I was getting my shirt."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/outhouse-aficionado-deep-doo-doo-again

He did this twice..

Imagine seeing that. Some guy down in there looking up at you. Seriously?
It's clear that if any of us ever encountered a situation as this that we would call the cops and try to keep that guy down in there/in the outhouse room if at all possible. It is also clear imo, that this individual has some issue in his head regarding outhouses after being found hanging out in these places more than one time.

Now, the question I have for you is...would you take a leak on that guy if you saw him down there? I'm not sure if I would at first or not. It really would depend on his answer to my "WTF ARE YOU DOING DOWN THERE?" question. I do think he is deserving of being pissed on, but I would not want him crawling out of there all covered in shit and piss chasing me around for pissing on him.

I'd want to keep him confined in there at all costs if possible, until the cops showed up. Even more so if there were kids there as there seems to be in at least one of these incidents. Get the kids out of the area and keep him in there in my opinion.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 16, 2015, 02:36:09 PM

Now, the question I have for you is...would you take a leak on that guy if you saw him down there?

It's hard enough when someone is standing next to me, so no. That story is not the first time I have heard about that. There was another one involving women that I heard about. Some people should just be gently euthanized, I can't see what they bring to society. Australians too (see Ashes thread).

Holy Ghosts

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 15, 2015, 10:12:36 AM
She also developed an erotic obsession with Andrew Jackson and kept running out of twenties because the ink had run.

Ha! I totally missed that episode. I love the raunchy suggestive--but censor-safe--nature of this sort of phrasing. Classic Hendrie.

Quote from: Holy Ghosts on July 17, 2015, 06:27:04 PM
Ha! I totally missed that episode. I love the raunchy suggestive--but censor-safe--nature of this sort of phrasing. Classic Hendrie.
I can't remember that one either. You put that perfectly.

I got to looking for the Earth Handle segment tonight and couldn't find it. Believe it or not, I played this to a guy one time and he really thought that Art sold Earth Handles and the bit was real.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 18, 2015, 03:43:21 AM
I can't remember that one either. You put that perfectly.

I got to looking for the Earth Handle segment tonight and couldn't find it. Believe it or not, I played this to a guy one time and he really thought that Art sold Earth Handles and the bit was real.

I have a bit entitled 'Earth handle and space jungle rot', if that's the one you mean.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 18, 2015, 04:02:17 AM
I have a bit entitled 'Earth handle and space jungle rot', if that's the one you mean.
That is the one! Space jungle rot...lol. Only Phil.
I love that clip. The MIR space station and the mold/fungus problem they had on there.

Out of all the stupid crap he had in his store he should have had an Earth Handle for sale in there.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 18, 2015, 04:08:00 AM
That is the one! Space jungle rot...lol. Only Phil.
I love that clip. The MIR space station and the mold/fungus problem they had on there.

Out of all the stupid crap he had in his store he should have had an Earth Handle for sale in there.

Plus the human waste chili maker. I'd rather that than a Bobbie Dooley key chain any day of the week.

SredniVashtar

It comes from March 2001, so that should help you narrow it down. There are some others like the Peenman Hell Suit and the Bea Arthur crucifix. Of course, my favourite Art Bell bit was the Goblin Juice thing where he just lost it and couldn't get the name out.