• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 26, 2015, 08:04:42 AM
I've thought that, on the whole, women have higher pitched voices, which already makes them not to be taken seriously.  THey should be careful when laughing or using too much inflexion.  Women can be trained to lower their voices, but few do that. 

Women used to be advised at work, having predominantly male bosses, no to remind him of his mother, wife, or daughter. 

who I think do well in the media, with whom you may not agree - Mika Brzezinski, Andrea Mitchell, Rachel Maddow.

Maybe thats why they picked Rolley James back a decade ago....

She sounded like a high school Gym Teacher.

But she was good.  Damn good.  Pretty lady too.

Jackstar

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 26, 2015, 02:34:26 AM
3) Paladin1991 used to have a huge thing for Teri Garr.

Used to? I have to check my advent calendar now.

Sean92008

After Googling Teri Garr, it's quite sad,  her current condition. She's had MS for over 30-something years.

Nebraska888

Garr STINKS.   :o

Jackstar

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 27, 2015, 12:13:24 PM
Garr STINKS.   :o

Has she gotten worse? Because I honestly really liked her when I heard her, both personally and as an interviewer. I don't hold her association with C2C against her: I hope she took as many Post-Its and staplers as possible without violating the Patriot Act.

Does she really suck now? Let's hear her on DMDN and see if she doesn't... improve.

DanTSX

Quote from: Jackstar on July 28, 2015, 04:45:04 AM
Has she gotten worse? Because I honestly really liked her when I heard her, both personally and as an interviewer. I don't hold her association with C2C against her: I hope she took as many Post-Its and staplers as possible without violating the Patriot Act.

Does she really suck now? Let's hear her on DMDN and see if she doesn't... improve.

Might as well put her and Connie Willis on bellehaven and they can toke up and make pizza-flavored butter topping for pizza with Nancy while they write their next cookbook.  Butter recipes for tripping balls on ayhusasca and dirty weed.

This actually seems like a very natural fit.

And I'd probably listen.  In fact, I don't think you'd be able to pull me away from that madness.

zeebo

Quote from: DanTSX on July 28, 2015, 06:33:59 AM
Might as well put her and Connie Willis on bellehaven and they can toke up and make pizza-flavored butter topping for pizza with Nancy while they write their next cookbook.  Butter recipes for tripping balls on ayhusasca and dirty weed.

This actually seems like a very natural fit.

And I'd probably listen.  In fact, I don't think you'd be able to pull me away from that madness.

The only thing I'd add to this is Hoagland's bumper music.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Jackstar on July 28, 2015, 04:45:04 AM

NPR is calling........

Sean92008

I made it a whole 30 seconds before I turned off the radio.

Haven't listened to much of Art since my hopeful brain tumor keeps messing up my sleep patterns and concentration BUT I listened to "Somewhere In Time" today.  Garr came on and "click" my radio went nighty-night and U7 went on.

Unless Lisa looks like Teri Garr and will blow me like Teri Garr undoubtedly blew many, many producers to get her big breaks, I just cannot listen to her.

Sounds like she's acting like she cares.  She may be a better actress than Dave Norrie but you could be 1000 times better and still suck.  Why?  Because 1000 x 0 = 0!

I heard a few minutes of this show while driving home tonight. This show was the guest hitting on Lisa Garr as much as he could. I was embarrassed for all of them.

Meister_000

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 18, 2015, 05:25:05 AM
I heard a few minutes of this show while driving home tonight. This show was the guest hitting on Lisa Garr as much as he could. I was embarrassed for all of them.

I caught that too. He was "talkin dirty" to her (with sexual innuendo) every opportunity he could.  I finally said out loud to myself "these two should just go fuck or something".

Nebraska888

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 18, 2015, 05:25:05 AM

Yep......it was pathetic.   ::)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 18, 2015, 05:51:55 AM
I caught that too. He was "talkin dirty" to her (with sexual innuendo) every opportunity he could.  I finally said out loud to myself "these two should just go fuck or something".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Meister_000 on October 18, 2015, 05:51:55 AM
Geesh.  So it was a Creepy Dave and LMH type role reversal.  Must be another example of the "different direction" for C2C.  ::)

Scully

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2015, 04:40:35 PM
Geesh.  So it was a Creepy Dave and LMH type role reversal.  Must be another example of the "different direction" for C2C.  ::)

I didn't listen to the first part of the show so I missed the interplay with the first guest. I did listen to the second guest because I love a good ghost story and he had lots of them.

Lee Cigar was just playing her "Why don't ya come up and see me sometime" role, as per usual. She's bound to find some willing takers at times.   Sorta goes along with the Paranormal Dating scheme, dontcha think?   :-*

Meister_000

Quote from: ItsOver on October 18, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

Well, the flirty bumper music Dave plays when Linda is on has made me raise an eye-brow a few times, but this was getting downright inappropriate for the venue, and Lisa was being her seductive self (as Scully notes) playing right along with him. But hey, at least now we know that the original Starbucks Mermaid logo had exposed breasts including well defined nipples!   :D

zeebo

Has Ms. Garr been on recently?  I like her voice, but not her topics.  Maybe she could just come on and read the dictionary?  I think I'd actually listen to that.

Quote from: zeebo on December 05, 2015, 02:12:21 PM
Has Ms. Garr been on recently?  I like her voice, but not her topics.  Maybe she could just come on and read the dictionary?  I think I'd actually listen to that.

horn-dog :P

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 05, 2015, 11:25:41 PM
horn-dog :P

I can't help it if she gives me special feelings I don't know how to process.  I wish I'd listened in health class.

Quote from: zeebo on December 06, 2015, 01:43:39 AM
I can't help it if she gives me special feelings I don't know how to process.  I wish I'd listened in health class.

Sounds like you have a bad case of Lisapalooza, zeebo!  Just hope Connie doesn't find out!   ;D

Hope you're enjoying your fine beverage of choice this evening! 

Nebraska888

Again.......Lisa, NPR is calling.

zeebo

Ms. Garr's on this Sun .... topics Astrology / Fukushima.  Maybe she'll figure out why astrology can't predict tsunamis.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on January 08, 2016, 11:59:59 PM
Ms. Garr's on this Sun .... topics Astrology / Fukushima.  Maybe she'll figure out why astrology can't predict tsunamis.

Ha!  I will not be listening. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 14, 2015, 12:15:46 PM
Again.......Lisa, NPR is calling.
I hope she doesn't forget to take Syrett with her.  Lee Cigar.  She always reminds me of this show.
www.cigardave.com

VtaGeezer

Quote from: zeebo on January 08, 2016, 11:59:59 PM
I tuned in for ten minutes. Uck.  Could've been a segment from Oprah.

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 11, 2016, 11:05:45 AM
I tuned in for ten minutes. Uck.  Could've been a segment from Oprah.

Yep!

AvDaBr

Tonight Ms. Garr dazzles us with self healing and the dangers of vaccines.  Should anyone listen you might want to take notes from the former segment.

zeebo

Quote from: AvDaBr on April 10, 2016, 09:16:52 PM
Tonight Ms. Garr dazzles us with self healing and the dangers of vaccines.  ...

Her shows feel like they're ripped from a free alt. health mag. at the candle shop.

Faustina

Quote from: zeebo on April 10, 2016, 11:12:37 PM
Her shows feel like they're ripped from a free alt. health mag. at the candle shop.

She's the one c2c weekend host I absolutely cannot stomach.  It's gonna be classic Art Bell for me on TuneIn tonight.