Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

paladin1991

And Billy Bob is a douche.

WildCard

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 17, 2014, 01:06:59 PM
And Billy Bob is a douche.
Ghomeshi is the douche in this scene.

Billy Bob with the moron? Shiiiit. I'd pay to hear that.

"How so?"
"Never met him."
"I don't really know"
"Shit. I don't know."
"I don't know. Maybe."
"No. Not really."
"I don't know."
"It's mashed potatoes and no gravy. You know what I'm saying?"

Quote from: WildCard on December 17, 2014, 02:26:21 PM

Billy Bob tried to put himself on the same level as Tom Petty.

As far as Thornton and the moron, once Thornton mentioned "Famous Monsters of Filmland" I'm sure GN would have jumped all over that with Twilight Zone stories. Thornton's model plane he built...Twilight Zone with William Shatner on a plane.

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 17, 2014, 12:43:56 PM
Is it a sex thing?
The short answer is "yes."  Accusations are that he liked being rather rough without consent. 

cweb

Quote from: WildCard on December 17, 2014, 02:26:21 PM

"How so?"
"Never met him."
"I don't really know"
"Shit. I don't know."
"I don't know. Maybe."
"No. Not really."
"I don't know."
"It's mashed potatoes and no gravy. You know what I'm saying?"
"Would you ask Tom Petty if it's angels?"

DanTSX

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 15, 2014, 09:32:38 AM
I've never listened to Ghomeshi myself and looked him up on youtube. There was an interview with Billy Bob Thornton and Ghomeshi just totally went down in flames.

http://youtu.be/IJWS6qyy7bw

was that Unknown Hinson in Billy Bob's band?

Wow.  Billy Bob is a self-absorbed prick.  LOL

136 or 142

Filling in for George,Richard Syrettwelcomes Epoch Times reporter Tara MacIssac for a discussion on her research into a physicist who says human intention can be imprinted into a machine , as well as the idea that the ancient Chinese might have made contact with Native Americans . Open Lines to follow.

Should be a good show, although I have to admit I don't know what "human intention can be imprinted into a machine" means.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 09, 2015, 10:54:43 PM
Filling in for George,Richard Syrettwelcomes Epoch Times reporter Tara MacIssac for a discussion on her research into a physicist who says human intention can be imprinted into a machine , as well as the idea that the ancient Chinese might have made contact with Native Americans . Open Lines to follow.

Should be a good show, although I have to admit I don't know what "human intention can be imprinted into a machine" means.

It sounds like Ron L. Hubbard / Star Trek engram science.  I bet we hear the words Dianetics and Scientology.

Does it make me a bad C2C listener that I've never seen the movie Network and have no desire to see the movie Network?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 10, 2015, 12:14:06 AM
Does it make me a bad C2C listener that I've never seen the movie Network and have no desire to see the movie Network?

No, but the rest of us here might think you are one of the illuminati if you don't.  ;) Seriously, its a great film for the times we live in.  I urge you to give it a chance.  Just because it is one of Noory's favorites doesn't necessarily mean its stupid.

The girl sounds like she's 13 years old.  I think I'll watch something on dvd.  Later.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 10, 2015, 12:28:00 AM
The girl sounds like she's 13 years old.  I think I'll watch something on dvd.  Later.
First night I have listened to coast in about a year.  I kind of like Syrett, but this is just dire.  He should bail for open lines ASAP.

Morgus

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 10, 2015, 12:28:00 AM
The girl sounds like she's 13 years old. 

Her photo from her website:

Gassy Man

The dopier the storyteller is, the more they'll say "(s)he said/(s)he says" when telling a story.

Morgus

Bill the AAA from West Hartford, Conn called in yet again tonight.
He is taking full advantage of Noory's elimination of the 30day call in rule, so he called in at least 3 times this past week so far...

My god, there are some loopy motherfuckers calling this show tonight.

One guy gibbered that he wrote four or five screenplays from well-known movies after finding Jesus in prison but got ripped off by Hollywood and never saw a dime from them.  The host unloaded him quickly.

Another goofball's friend had two angels sitting on his house.

A kook from South Carolina was given a guided tour of heaven and hell simultaneously.

Somebody else gave birth to a hamster child.  OK, I made that last one up.

I haven't heard shit this crazy since I was stranded in a five-dollar-a-night New Orleans flophouse -- back when I sailed in the merchant marine. 

Stammering, stuttering, mumbling nutcases, all of them.

Annie in Alabama is on hold. Good things are coming.

Crystal Palace tomorrow morning. COYS

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 10, 2015, 03:41:09 AM
Annie in Alabama is on hold. Good things are coming.

Crystal Palace tomorrow morning. COYS

Syrett:  "Where were you when you had this vision, Annie?"

Annie from Alabama:  "Ah wuz unduh-warter."

sydtron

Listening to Annie now. Bahahahaha

When did Americans start having to "share" things instead of "telling" them?

I mean, I can understand "sharing" a slice of pie or a bag of potato chips, but how the fuck do you "share" something you want to say?

It just sounds like stupid, psycho-babble Oprah-speak.  I blame her for a lot of this country's inane and dim-witted glossary.

How about just "telling" us what you want us to know?  I don't want to fucking share anything with you, moron.

The host just ended the show by telling a caller, "Well thanks for sharing that with us."

I give up.

Zack

Syrett is one of the better hosts I have heard in a while.  The damage was done by the time he started filling in.  I listened tonight and though he's not bad, those callers are at the edge of complete insanity and I guess that could be the fault of the main weeknight host who just feeds their psychosis and encourages it.  I don't hear much logic or intelligence being presented these days and is most troubling.  I'm holding out judgment for the real test for Syrett because the next show has Scam Artist Steve Quayle on.  Will he call out any of the BS Quayle will use to try selling the gullible Coast listeners- also the dumbest people on the planet more gold and efoods through fear tonight?

Juan

I tuned in for the first time in at least a year - and much longer than that since I've heard Syrett.  He's OK, though a bit low key for me.  Hearing Bill the AAA and Annie reminded me of sNoory. I listen to some of Art's old shows and the quality of callers was so much better.  Surely one of the old callers would have had a better response to the "Where were you when you had this vision" question than simply "Asleep."

The show reminds me of seeing an old timers baseball game where the former star hitter can hardly hold a bat.

Zetaspeak

The callers were a bit more out there than normally last night. What about late in the show, the guy who called in and it sounded like there was another louder conversation in the background the entire time.

Richard did an okay job, sometimes he let the callers ramble on a bit but overall he handled it well.

I did like Syrett trying to intergrade twitter/hashtag into his show. Which kind of reminds me of Art who was in the forefront of new media with fast blasts and webcam and also intergrading a lot of his radio show on the site during the program. Noory really hasn't advanced that at all. so it's nice seeing Richard trying to do something fresh with new media/social media.

136 or 142

I fell asleep about an hour in and haven't listened to the rest yet.  The guest from The Epoch Times is fairly regular with Syrett and she's done a good job in the past.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 09, 2015, 11:19:26 PM
It sounds like Ron L. Hubbard / Star Trek engram science.  I bet we hear the words Dianetics and Scientology.
Yust some apparent background here,exo-politrix maketh really strange bed-fellows..
often literally,in the case of quasi-Stasi??Helga Zepp...
controller a la,Reinhard Gehlen of the "LaRouche fascist Entity",the "Schiller"institute.
Once the guest mentioned that they were publishing the good doctor's research in an Roacher propaganda magazine posing as an "science journal",it became clear to me that,the guest was an nice girl whom had been taken over by aliens like in"It Came From Outer Space",or was an knowing agent of the Zepp fascist movement,an amorphous group funded,like most fascists,by robbing old ladies of their loose social security cash.
Possible clients of the cia linked direct-mail system of richard viguerie,that propelled the Orange Co.Cal Republikkrat powerhouse behind ex-quaker 'Trickey'Dick Nixon...
Any-one else notice this??
"B_B"

Everyone can say what they want about Syrett's NPR voice, but it sure is a nice break from Quayle's nonstop shouting.  I swear he's louder and more relentless than the commercials which usually sound about 30 percent louder than the program.

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on January 10, 2015, 08:30:14 PM
Yust some apparent background here,exo-politrix maketh really strange bed-fellows..
often literally,in the case of quasi-Stasi??Helga Zepp...
controller a la,Reinhard Gehlen of the "LaRouche fascist Entity",the "Schiller"institute.
Once the guest mentioned that they were publishing the good doctor's research in an Roacher propaganda magazine posing as an "science journal",it became clear to me that,the guest was an nice girl whom had been taken over by aliens like in"It Came From Outer Space",or was an knowing agent of the Zepp fascist movement,an amorphous group funded,like most fascists,by robbing old ladies of their loose social security cash.
Possible clients of the cia linked direct-mail system of richard viguerie,that propelled the Orange Co.Cal Republikkrat powerhouse behind ex-quaker 'Trickey'Dick Nixon...
Any-one else notice this??
"B_B"

I don't know dude.  I just thought she was kind of a granola and somewhat naive, but earnest, hard working reporter.

Zetaspeak

I just listened to the last hour and than the repeat of the first hour.

Wow does Quayle not like being challenged at all. There were a couple of callers that went through and challenged his opinion about gold. 1) What good is gold, if everything goes to hell like you said it would, you can't pay your bills with it. 2) You speak of the bible but didn't Jesus speak out against hording gold?

Both time Quayle becomes really defensive and really goes after them about their knowledge of the bible.

His doom and glooming interpretation is pretty miserable.

Syrett is only slightly better than noory.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 09, 2015, 11:19:26 PM
from what I can recall the "Epoch Times" is associated with some group, cult, or religion. I want to say it is the Falun Gong but it could be the Moonies. In any event it is, not necessarily a bad editorial bent, anti-China (PRC not ROC) and into a sort of "new age" stuff in some editorials and articles. So makes sense that this host writes for them and the subject.