• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Add to his sick list of morose songs, Baker Street: "You're tryin', you're tryin' now.  It used to be so easy, but you're tryin' now."

Just the man everyone wants in their court.  Our demoralization for the night.

Two nights in a row George was going to Barry in SC but corrected himself saying "he's not there yet" Does that mean the frequent(fake?) callers aren't even on hold, but called up by Tommy as needed?

ItsOver

Quote from: 14 on March 02, 2019, 02:01:39 AM
Add to his sick list of morose songs, Baker Street....
WTF?  Sure, Jorch sucks but that's just ridiculous  "Baker Street" is a classic.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 02, 2019, 10:08:30 AM
Two nights in a row George was going to Barry in SC but corrected himself saying "he's not there yet" Does that mean the frequent(fake?) callers aren't even on hold, but called up by Tommy as needed?
Was Tommee busy?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 02, 2019, 10:08:30 AM

That happens on other talk radio shows as well.  I think what happens is the screener types the name immediately when given by the caller and the name is seen by the host, but then the caller has to be put into the time delay system queue.  So the host can see a caller's name, but cannot talk to them until queued into the system. 

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2019, 10:35:40 AM
WTF?  Sure, Jorch sucks but that's just ridiculous  "Baker Street" is a classic.
Alright.  Then let's play it for George on his birthday.  Or after the Radio Hall of Fame next year:

You'll drink the night away
And forget about everything...

You used to say that it was so easy
But you're trying, you're trying now...

Just one more year and then you'll be happy
But you're crying you're crying now...

ItsOver

Quote from: 14 on March 03, 2019, 01:58:53 AM
Alright.  Then let's play it for George on his birthday.  Or after the Radio Hall of Fame next year:

You'll drink the night away
And forget about everything...

You used to say that it was so easy
But you're trying, you're trying now...

Just one more year and then you'll be happy
But you're crying you're crying now...
You need to get out more.  Christ, everything is either misogynistic or is some problem for you.  Next, you'll be telling us Supertramp's "Take the Long Way Home" is depressing because of the long walk involved.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 03, 2019, 10:03:26 AM
You need to get out more.  Christ, everything is either misogynistic or is some problem for you.  Next, you'll be telling us Supertramp's "Take the Long Way Home" is depressing because of the long walk involved.
Supertramp=slut shaming

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 03, 2019, 10:03:26 AM
The songs are great.  When taken in their entirety, though, he plays a lot of morose songs.

Oh and now he says he IS a Catholic.  That's quite a bit different from being raised Catholic.  I don't for one minute believe he truly is a confirmed, devoted Catholic.  Can you imagine George believing there needs to be a paternal intercessory (priest) between him and God?  Didn't think so!

Jojo

The cataclysm and catechism thing is not a speech impediment issue. 

Jojo

Shouldn't a person already be falling in love before they start kissing?  Hmmm.  Doesn't sound like he was raised Catholic.

I think he means something more like, 'Pay for  your head at my lunch table... Put your lips near my lunch plate...  Maybe we can fall in love...' 

Jojo

Tonight's bumper music included, "You Were Always On My Mind", sung by a man who sounds like George Bush.

The lyricist was the victim of domestic violence.  Not sure whether that was before or after this hit.  I wouldn't blame her for swinging at him over this song, though.  It is quite arrogantly insulting.

Jojo

George has empathy for people living in their cars while they listen to him.

expat

It might have been appropriate for George to do a short obit. for Robin Falkov. I'm pretty sure he didn't but maybe I missed it?

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/20190303_robin/

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on March 07, 2019, 08:27:58 AM
It might have been appropriate for George to do a short obit. for Robin Falkov. I'm pretty sure he didn't but maybe I missed it?

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/20190303_robin/

He talked about her passing the program after her death.  He explained who she was, her being a past guest, and even mentioned RCH as he expressed condolences.

expat

OK, good. My monitoring is far from perfect.

Quote from: expat on March 07, 2019, 09:53:43 AM
OK, good. My monitoring is far from perfect.
Better than Clyde Lewis'.  Yesterday's show(March 6) he implored listeners to pray for Robin. After the next break(no doubt after a flood of emails) he apologized and offered condolences to RCH. It was like a slow motion car wreck

lol poor Georgie shit bricks tonight when his weirdo guest who sells electronic snake oil brought up his age. Weirdo guest for some reason, I wasn't listening closely, brought up that he is a body builder as well as an electronic surveillance and healing expert which gave rise to this interchange

Roger the Guest: I'm 72 years old same as you George
George(gasping): No I'm not
Roger the Guest: well how old are you?
George(uncomfortably chortling): HO HOOO NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Right Jorch, not even close, 68 is verrrrrrrrrrrrry far from 72.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 07, 2019, 01:00:09 PM
Better than Clyde Lewis'.  Yesterday's show(March 6) he implored listeners to pray for Robin. After the next break(no doubt after a flood of emails) he apologized and offered condolences to RCH. It was like a slow motion car wreck
Freaking Clyde.  Last night he had some damn near unintelligible show devoted to U.S. politics. I shut it off before the first hour was over. He started out by saying "I'm sure some will be telling me to stick to aliens and bigfoot..."  No shit, Sherlock.  Talk radio is filled with politics all damn day.  It's nice to get a break from it at night, even if it's just pure BS escapism.  Clyde, stick to the paranormal and guests.

Jojo

Tonight, George told his first guest that he made good pints.  I think he meant points.  Must be the weekend.

Morgus

Noory didn't do any tribute for Dr. Robin Falkov even last night, instead he did his usual split half hour early Friday night but played a clip lfrom an old interview with alien abduction researcher Bud Hopkins instead of a Falkov tribute! :o

Jojo

"We Are the Champions".  Define "We".   

Champions don't ruin value systems.

Uncle Duke

Last night George interviewed a British author who has written a book on D-Day.  How the author kept from laughing at George's stupidity is beyond me, easily one of his worst interviews of all time.  Among George's brilliant questions/observations:

1) George asked, if the A bomb had been available in June 1944, wouldn't it have been a good idea to use it at Normandy prior to the invasion.

2) When the author was talking about the overwhelming superiority of Allied airpower at Normandy, George asked if they were dropping bombs and shooting bullets.

3) When talking about the horrific conditions on the Normandy beaches, George asked where the invading soldiers slept.

and my personal favorite.....

4) A caller was describing an Allied spy in Berlin who was sending back information to the UK about goings on in the German capital.  When George asked when this was, the caller said 1944.  George said, "So that was before the war." When the caller repeated it was in 1944, George said, "Oh sorry, I thought you said 1943."

Let's hope George never has his high school history teacher on with him some night.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2019, 09:16:12 AM
Last night George interviewed a British author who has written a book on D-Day.  How the author kept from laughing at George's stupidity is beyond me, easily one of his worst interviews of all time.  Among George's brilliant questions/observations:

1) George asked, if the A bomb had been available in June 1944, wouldn't it have been a good idea to use it at Normandy prior to the invasion.

2) When the author was talking about the overwhelming superiority of Allied airpower at Normandy, George asked if they were dropping bombs and shooting bullets.

3) When talking about the horrific conditions on the Normandy beaches, George asked where the invading soldiers slept.

4) A caller was describing an Allied spy in Berlin who was sending back information to the UK about goings on in the German capital.  When George asked when this was, the caller said 1944.  George said, "So that was before the war." When the caller repeated it was in 1944, George said, "Oh sorry, I thought you said 1943."

Let's hope George never has his high school history teacher on with him some night.
LOL!   ;D  Thanks for posting this, UD.  Sure, just nuke Normandy.  We're only talking about the Frogs and the Nazis, anyway.  Who cares about the Frogs, they deserved it. ;)

Allied bombs and bullets at Normandy?  Hell, no, Jorch, they were using aircraft armed with Nerf guns!

Plus, I'm sure the invading soldiers checked into the local Holiday Inn to catch a few winks.  ;D

And, yes, 1943 was a delightful, pre-war time. ;) Just dig up this guy and ask him.

Unbeeleefable.  ::)

Lilith

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2019, 09:16:12 AM

This might be enough to turn me into a Snoory fan...

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on March 12, 2019, 02:23:02 PM

This might be enough to turn me into a Snoory fan...
Leave it to Jorch to be fairly consistent at providing unintentional humor.  Just don't choke on a pizza roll before you get the laugh out. ;)  ;D

Lilith

Hi George, I'm listening. 

I hope to hear some good Snooryisms.