• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Where are the articles?

Started by PB the Deplorable, September 03, 2012, 10:03:21 AM

How many days has it been since Hurricane Issac and most of New Orleans is still without power?  To the media somehow it's just a local issue, a non-issue really.  Imagine if an R was president - we'd all be reliving Katriana, it wold be leading off the news, on the front page of newspapers, magazines - another FEMA failure under an uncaring Repub Pres.

Remember the Bush bashing with Katrina.  Never mind that FEMA is a last responder, there to backup state and local agencies and supplt what they ask for.  No, under the R's, when an incompetent D mayor and D govenor fail, when they were told to get ready and didn't, somehow it bacame Bushes fault. 

I'm thinking if an R was president today this would be covered much much differently.  There's your media bias.

Another non-story is the homeless.  If a person never went outside, just stayed home consuming news, that person would think we had no homeless from 1993-2000, a massive homeless problem again starting 2001-2008, and no homeless from 2009 to now even with all the economic chaos. 

Pretty strange, maybe lots of people want to live outside in 4 and 8 year cycles.  I can't quite put my finger on why that would be. 

Zircon

Well, we all know that George W. Bush actually caused Katrina to occur as he is "Diablo" - ask Hugo Chavez. No credit was ever given Bush for the efforts he had undertaken to get things back under some kind of control in New Orleans.

The mayor Nawlins, of course, didn't have much good to say about Bush. All that money spent and largely wasted back then.

Now, we have no money so Obama can't do much except chase after Romney who went down there immediately after his Thursday acceptance. Obama was going to Ohio until he was told it might not look so good. But Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas aren't going to vote for him so why would he be interested in them? His arrival at least is a good photo-op (like his tribute to Neil Armstrong) where he can wear a pair of jeans and have a beer with a local.

Remember when the Ds, the Libs, the activists and especially ACORN were all out demanding the banks make more housing loans to poor people in the inner city?  They called it 'Red Lining', most banks and loan originators were mostly set up to originate loans that would be approved under Fannie Mae guidelines and could then be sold to Fannie.  Oher lending institutions were better equipped to originate 'non-conformng' loans to lower income folks in lousy neighborhoods and did so, but that wasn't good enough somehow. 

Once again the race card was played through the media, and the plaintiffs went judge-shopping, hoping to find courts that would force banks to give out loans to people that couldn't afford them.   Many of these sub-prime loans were part of the rotten debt that oozed up to kick off the Collapse of '08.  When Obama was a lawyer for ACORN he had a role in this, a fact that was buried during the Obamamania of 2008.  Turns out his role was more than just a cheerleader.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/03/with-landmark-lawsuit-barack-obama-pushed-banks-to-give-subprime-loans-to-chicagos-african-americans/

It's a shame this President was never vetted and we still don't know much about him or who he really is.

Zircon

Yep, everyone needed to participate in the American Dream of home ownership whether they could afford to or not. Sure not like the times of my parents or myself. They basically threatened banks if they didn't comply. Good old Frank-Dodd. Two fucking liberals from New England who lived the good life and wanted votes - as if they didn't already have them.

Weren't there a bunch of Clinton and Obama friends who personally made tens of millions while in charge of or close to the top of those Freddie/Fannie institutions? What a sweat deal. They pocket their booty and the taxpayer gets stiffed with the bill and you and I weren't even asked to or wanted this to take place to begin with !!! Go figure.

ACORN and Obama. He wasn't vetted for a very good reason. He wasn't remotely qualified in the slightest except for being being 35 years old. I'm still baffled as to why they selected him. They knew they had a stooge and he would satisfy the "we finally got a black" requirement they so wanted to address. Well, they got him and we got the change none of us hoped for - except insiders among the democrats, bankers and several corporatists.

They keep calling out this "race card". Yep, they're calling it out for themselves and if we ask, "what are you doing?" then we're the racists. When you favor one race over another then you're a racist regardless of who is benefiting from the racism.