• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on June 10, 2016, 02:42:07 PM
Looking forward to No Man's Sky...

indeed..was a lil irked it got pushed back...also looking forward to Watch Dogs 2

Roswells, Art

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 03:26:03 PM
hows Black Desert going?

It seemed really complicated at first but now it's pretty easy. I like the fighting mechanics, I don't play a lot of mmo's so I can't compare them to another one. There is a lot you can do depending on your play style. It's also cheap! You buy the game and don't have to buy anything else or pay a monthly fee. The market still isn't pay to win so that is good too. I guess they make their money from selling appearance outfits and there are some things that you can pay for that help a bit in the game but it's not game breaking pay to win stuff.

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, this reminds me of games like Elite and Wing Commander only all "Trumped" up. It's gonna be HUGE!  ;)

Is it just on the latest consoles or will it be on PC and (dare I ask?) Mac?  ???

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 03:49:41 PM
Yeah, this reminds me of games like Elite and Wing Commander only all "Trumped" up. It's gonna be HUGE!  ;)

Is it just on the latest consoles or will it be on PC and (dare I ask?) Mac?  ???

just pc from what i remember reading a while back

Roswells, Art

That is another game one guy in my guild wants to play. I can't remember if he said it was supposed to be the most difficult game around or if it was a Minecraft spinoff. If it's the latter than no thanks. I love the name though.

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 10, 2016, 04:09:05 PM
That is another game one guy in my guild wants to play. I can't remember if he said it was supposed to be the most difficult game around or if it was a Minecraft spinoff. If it's the latter than no thanks. I love the name though.

I thought the most difficult/complex game was supposed to be Dwarf Fortress.  Supposedly takes months to even figure out how to play it at a superficial level.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 03:49:41 PM

I believe all platforms. Maybe not on Mac. Not sure...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2016, 04:21:18 PM
I thought the most difficult/complex game was supposed to be Dwarf Fortress.  Supposedly takes months to even figure out how to play it at a superficial level.

That hurts to look at. If it was the only game around I would give it a try. It reminds me of a video I saw where this architecture student made a perfect city in one of those city building games. It was a workman's paradise, heh. It took him months of planning on paper before even trying to do it in the game. Then I guess it took him a year and a half or something to actually make the city. It was mostly tall buildings with a subway for transportation. I never played the game so a lot of the brilliance was lost on me.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 04:03:55 PM
just pc from what i remember reading a while back

pc and ps4

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 10, 2016, 04:44:11 PM
That hurts to look at. ...

Yep it's wild - looks like a memory core dump.  But apparently alot of depth behind all those squiggly ascii chars.  I doubt I have the patience or eyesight to deal with it either though.   

analog kid

Quote from: Roswells, Art on June 10, 2016, 04:09:05 PM

No Man's Sky looks pretty incredible. It's a space sim, but you can fly your ship down to the surface of planets and explore the terrain and wildlife. The number of planets seems nearly infinite, and the variety and life forms on each one is unique. The graphics are gorgeous as well.

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 06:10:26 PM
pc and ps4

Its going to suck on ps4 tho, as in i don't think any current console will be able to handle the game

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 09:36:55 PM
Its going to suck on ps4 tho, as in i don't think any current console will be able to handle the game

dunno...i would think it wouldn't have the same ability..but they have been being developed together..stil will probably get it for ps4 just for convenience

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 10:25:12 PM
dunno...i would think it wouldn't have the same ability..but they have been being developed together..stil will probably get it for ps4 just for convenience

Just remember what they did to make fo4 playable on consoles, they limited the fps to 30 etc

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 10:28:54 PM

Just remember what they did to make fo4 playable on consoles, they limited the fps to 30 etc

lol i got it for xbox...but yeah its a concern...who knows..i will decide when the time comes lol still probably go ps4 just cause lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 10:31:34 PM
lol i got it for xbox...but yeah its a concern...who knows..i will decide when the time comes lol still probably go ps4 just cause lol

I get what ya mean lol, this is one i think will end up actually harming console's hardware, since the game itself has to consume so much resources , hopefully the game doesn't end up being pure hype tho.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 10:33:59 PM
I get what ya mean lol, this is one i think will end up actually harming console's hardware, since the game itself has to consume so much resources , hopefully the game doesn't end up being pure hype tho.

honestly thats my only concern..and same wiht Watch Dog 2..the first was so over hyped..though i did enjoy it..i just do not want them to..go overboard

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 10:36:55 PM
honestly thats my only concern..and same wiht Watch Dog 2..the first was so over hyped..though i did enjoy it..i just do not want them to..go overboard

Is watch dogs just a modern day assassins creed? As in its mechanics?

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 10:40:04 PM
Is watch dogs just a modern day assassins creed? As in its mechanics?

the first one no..looks like the 2nd one has more AC elements in it really but it still is pretty unique..only real problems i had with the first was the driving sucked and i really didn't like the guy you play lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 10, 2016, 10:42:20 PM
the first one no..looks like the 2nd one has more AC elements in it really but it still is pretty unique..only real problems i had with the first was the driving sucked and i really didn't like the guy you play lol

I do know it is in the assains creed universe tho

https://youtu.be/tuLKshN6YWM

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 10, 2016, 10:47:35 PM
I do know it is in the assains creed universe tho

https://youtu.be/tuLKshN6YWM

yeah..i suggest if you can find it really cheap..get it..its solid..i personally thought it got better as it went later on in the story....but i am hoping it takes the leap that AC did from 1 to 2

Dr. MD MD

Last night some guy shot a reality show singer to death in Florida and then killed himself...and then I wake up and see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz0PPNaghQA

Did the whole world go completely insane while I slept?!  ???  ::)

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 11, 2016, 08:50:10 AM
Last night some guy shot a reality show singer to death in Florida and then killed himself...and then I wake up and see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz0PPNaghQA

Did the whole world go completely insane while I slept?!  ???  ::)

the no man sky threats are old..but i get what ya mean..not sure what ..is going on with people these days

Gruntled

Just got  "Dirt Rally " by CodeMasters on Steam.
Best Rally I've played in decades. It's definitely more a Sim than Arcade.
Very difficult [YES!  :D. Great graphics etc. Great reviews.
Codemaster's best game, imo, since Colin McCrae 2

40% off till Monday

zeebo

Quote from: Gruntled on June 11, 2016, 06:13:28 PM
Just got  "Dirt Rally " by CodeMasters on Steam.
40% off till Monday

I'm still playing Flatout 2 from an old gog sale.  Maybe time to try something new, thanks for the tip.

Gruntled

Quote from: zeebo on June 12, 2016, 01:06:36 AM
I'm still playing Flatout 2 from an old gog sale.  Maybe time to try something new, thanks for the tip.
De Nada.
Finished 4th and 3rd in Two rallys so far in a Mini Cooper.
Mistakes are costly [if you have to "reset" car]. Time is added to your run..
If you like Rally and are serious, this is the best game out there.
ps I'm using a MS 360 Gamepad on the PC.  It's setup for it [and other inputs] and is working great.
If you have a wheel or better you're in for a treat.

analog kid

I've been playing Two Worlds. It's a pretty cool action RPG, currently on sale for two bucks.

https://www.gog.com/game/two_worlds

trostol

so..Prey is getting rebooted...will they turn to Art again? lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on June 12, 2016, 08:44:34 PM
so..Prey is getting rebooted...will they turn to Art again? lol

It would be funny if they went to noory tho

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on June 12, 2016, 09:10:55 PM
It would be funny if they went to noory tho

should totally...go Hoagie