• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2016, 08:36:46 AM
IAussies call us 'Poms' incidentally, for occult reasons of their own.

I don't get that one, either, because the Aussies were actually the POMEs.

scottydawg

Remember Chaps across the pond, You have Queen Elizabeth II who rarely goes on the Wireless and usually shares good news and Holiday wishes :D. And sometimes rides about in a classy carriage. Dear Sweet old Lady.
Versus over here we have Queen Heather who goes on the radio 5 nights a week and cackles like an old hen :o >:( and rides a broom!
Crazy Old Bat!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2016, 09:05:42 AM
Not to mention remarks about the royal family, as though it's our Kryptonite and we all wilt like salted slugs whenever someone says anything nasty about Queen Elizardbeast.

It's just because we see that the insidious influence of European monarchies is ruining ruining the world. Other than that we love you. Ta! Kisses!  :-*

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 02, 2016, 12:48:52 PM
It's just because we see that the insidious influence of European monarchies is ruining ruining the world. Other than that we love you. Ta! Kisses!  :-*

I would run out of paper listing the politicians who have/are ruining the world. I can't think of one monarch in recent history in Europe who has done that.

Not to mention that Brenda's husband, son and grandson have all been to war. She herself was an ambulance driver/mechanic in WW2. Not many politicians can claim that. Although the late great and respected left winger, Tony Benn was a fighter pilot in WW2.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 02, 2016, 01:14:07 PM
I would run out of paper listing the politicians who have/are ruining the world. I can't think of one monarch in recent history in Europe who has done that.

Not to mention that Brenda's husband, son and grandson have all been to war. She herself was an ambulance driver/mechanic in WW2. Not many politicians can claim that. Although the late great and respected left winger, Tony Benn was a fighter pilot in WW2.

I heard that as blah, blah, blah but in the voice of Margaret Thatcher.  ;)

onan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 02, 2016, 01:21:28 PM

So, maybe an EVP.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 02, 2016, 08:36:46 AM
I've never heard that before, I think someone may have been pulling your leg. Our version of the Grammys are called The Brits, not to mention that irksome phenomenon known as Britpop. It takes a lot to wind us up, that's why some of the attempts on here to try to rile us are so amusing, although not in the way it was intended. Aussies call us 'Poms' incidentally, for occult reasons of their own.

I believe I heard it during a discussion on BBC and there seemed to be general agreement that the term was derogatory. It was news to me but I thought better safe than sorry.

I figured that if there was one thing that people at BBC know about, it's perceived insults (they are very proper, even in the "anything goes" 21st century). And the last people I want to piss off is the group of people in the British media who control which TV shows we get. They seem to hear about everything.

Heck, they could ditch BBC America and then no more Star Trek marathons. (Right, it's our TV show and we need the British/Brits? to do marathons.) Who needs the Royal Navy when you can manage shots across the bow like that?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 02, 2016, 01:21:28 PM

I hope that bitch is rotting in hell.

Not that I have any strong feelings about her.

onan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 02, 2016, 03:55:22 PM

Nothing wrong with strong sentiments Sir. Those words are on falkie's mother's tombstone.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 02, 2016, 08:45:03 AM
Very true my good man. Always amuses me when Americans use 'faggot' as an insult, and believe it is. Oh, Limey is a good one too.
;)

munbeam666

Quote from: mv on November 01, 2016, 11:35:42 AM
heh heh
Replace with single payer...fuck the insurance companies

ge30542

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 02, 2016, 03:55:22 PM

Jeez! YP, don't sugarcoat it man, tell us how you really feel.

I gotta tell my British friends the joke bout The Queen, Princess Margaret, and Lady Di.   

for fans of cringe radio

the best part is the caller's "stop that crap" during her on-air tantrum/pity party, while the guest Christopher O'Brien(co-host of the Paracast and a real paranormal radio professional) loffs in the background

droog

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 02, 2016, 07:25:05 PM
Replace with single payer...fuck the insurance companies

+1

hoovied

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 04, 2016, 12:17:06 PM
for fans of cringe radio

the best part is the caller's "stop that crap" during her on-air tantrum/pity party, while the guest Christopher O'Brien(co-host of the Paracast and a real paranormal radio professional) loffs in the background

Ouch...hard to listen to. I haven't listened since March or so. Not crazy about the guest lineup, and by the comments I've seen here, probably not worth going back and grabbing the episodes. I really hoped this would work out for her, but it doesn't sound like it is.

bateman

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 04, 2016, 12:17:06 PM
for fans of cringe radio

The O&A sound effects are the cherry on top, sir.  ;D

Jackstar

So are we still pretending that Art wasn't assaulted and stalked by the #spiritcooking pedophile army? Asking for a friend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 06, 2016, 01:47:35 PM
So are we still pretending that Art wasn't assaulted and stalked by the #spiritcooking pedophile army? Asking for a friend.

Hmmm...I don't know, Jack. I think Art would probably be kinda tough and stringy.  ???

Jackstar

What part of "spiritcooking" brings to mind the rending and mastication of flesh? Now you're delisted from the Kennedy séance.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 06, 2016, 01:53:12 PM
What part of "spiritcooking" brings to mind the rending and mastication of flesh? Now you're delisted from the Kennedy séance.

I dunno...maybe all the reference to body parts...and fluids.  ;)

theONE

Quote from: theONE on November 06, 2016, 05:41:42 PM
...follow the red arrow ??

but maybe not, the chick beside him on his left in the pink looks like she is blond, unless Heather died her hair for him

No Art back with a show complaining about all the clocks he has, and having to change them back and forth for Daylight Saving Time?

I hope he's ok

Daggit

Q: How many stalkers does it take to get Art to quit radio?

A: None.

theONE

Quote from: Daggit on November 06, 2016, 06:30:08 PM
Q: How many stalkers does it take to get Art to quit radio?

A: None.

hahaha, very clever and funny ,lol

theONE

Quote from: laserjock on November 06, 2016, 07:20:44 PM
I think it might suffice to say that it sometimes takes a certain kind of person, one who is willing to do what many won't, to others, to competition, to the system around him, in order to get above the average Joe. Richard might be that way, I guess, but for sure it seems Bell is. I am embarassed of how much of a fan I was, how I even spoke in favor of him when deeper inside, those certain things bothered me. I always wondered, many of us ended up divorced, but why? Why no word about children from past marriages, why never any confession of love and dedication to offspring?

Now, I am divorced once over. I also know it is just as much my fault and failure as my ex's. We fought, she was a pretty hard soul, but she'd lived through a war and didn't suffer fools. She was my senior by several years and I married partly because I wanted to wife to make me act like an adult, pretty screwed up! We did love each other, she was extremely jealous, but we were never sympatico or compatible, and I lacked the maturity to be honest with myself about how we just didn't mesh.

But I DO NOT regret marrying my ex, she's a damned good person and I am proud of her. She is very brave, very strong, a great mom, has an excellent work ethic. But I know we never could have ever survived without both of us ending our lives miserable in the process. Humans have chemistry and not everybody gets it right to start off, sometimes we have to try and learn from our mistakes, as any wise man would. I rescued her and her daughters from war and I still reach out to the daughters all I can do this day. I've never stopped loving the girls, despite them not being of my blood, they will always be my babies, adults though they are. I could never just cut off like that. I am no longer in love with my ex, but I defintely care about her a great deal and would help her at the drop of a hat if my current wife didn't object. I never cheated, never abused, never betrayed, and she left me, she did me the favor. It was her third marriage, she's on number four, they seem to be lasting which is a really good thing.

So I cannot fault Bell for being married several times, but never any words about his children, a seeming disconnect. Maybe that is what they wanted, but it does cause unease to think about. I wasn't there so I won't accuse, but my impression of Bell right now isn't very good, to me he seems objectionable.

How much younger is Irene (that is how her name is supposed to be said, and I would never want my filipina to change how she pronounced her name just because I said her name wrong publicly, I am NOT so vain as that would seem.

Filipinos have first names that are often whimsical and very sweet, and they will use unique spellings. I have in laws there that have names like that. One of them, wife and I would talk about her and for a while I didn't connect the dots with the person's name online. Very nice relative, too.

Also, while my wife today is a LITTLE younger, the idea of marrying a wife young enough to be a daughter, man, that is just... I may want my wife to outlive me and benefit from life insurance in the end, but I don't want someone so unfairly, to them, younger than me. I'm not so greedy and I want me wife to actually really find me attractive for her.

Just too many things nag me about Bell, and to be brutally honest, I only started following him because an in law was such a fan and it influenced me, he's a good relative and I admire him, but I think he's not looked a good hard honest look at who Bell's seeming real shadow.

Maybe Bell isn't what anyone says and maybe he is, but so much is muddy and curious to say the least.  Could he have been cheating on Romona? Did he deliberately smoke when she had asthma? I know that asthma suffers can't even breath the stink from cigarrettes without being sickened.

Her name is pronounced IRENE guys. Bell never produced a single bullet guys. He pursued women extremely his junior, guys.

Now, what demons are in Richard's attic I wonder. So far he seems like a decent enough guy, but he does seem a bit hoaxish. Sadly, well grounded people often don't become popular and famous, look at Hollywood!

laserjock, if you don't mind I take my response [re: few of my posts exchanges about Art Bell] from Hoagland's thread to Art Bell thread
to respect Hoagland's fanclub.

1. Don't be ashemed, you are not alone there are thousands of us who were thinking same way.
I was the same, to me Art could do no wrong till I started to put pieces togheter from what others posted and bigger picture emerged.

2.  Yes Art was very open at times about his life but that topic he was hoping to swipe under the rug,
it was just a convenient for him that way. There was this famous article published several years ago -an interview with
Art's youngest son in Philadelphia Weekly (but now is taken down look like it again, my theory is that Art is behind
taking that article down from the net because his son didn't paint very sweet picture about Art Bel his biological father)
...that's what I got now trying on that link: www.philadelphiaweekly.com robots.txt
Sorry, the page you're looking for cannot be found. 404

**"Vincent Pontius, the magazine’s 41-year-old mailroom supervisor, was abandoned by Bell when he was just three-years-old,
and spoke to a Philadelphia alt-weekly about it:
According to Pontius’ mother Sachiko Toguchi, when they married she was 22 and Bell was 20.
They met in Japan, where Bell served in the Air Force, and moved back to the States after marrying.
Vincent Michael Bell was born in 1965, in Newark, N.J., but the trio moved back to Okinawa when Toguchi grew homesick.
The marriage lasted only a few years. Toguchi says that after she gave birth to Vincent’s sister Lisa, Bell told her he was leaving.”**

Here is a post by Art's Bell son, Vincent Pontius:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
vincent pontius,UserID: 855179-United States-01/02/2010,03:49AM
Re: "Art Bell as a Father, according to son Vincent Pontius

to whom it may concern...
this is vincent pontius, i'm art's son.
anyone read philly weekly's article "lost in space" coupla years back???
since that article came out i have on numerous occasions tried contacting art sr.

no dice. the article was incediary
in that art didn't expect i would expose him as a sociopath.
to this day art bell feels as though he did nothing wrong?!
the truth is art bell left my mom sachiko for another woman
who he had waiting in the wings.
art bell never even bothered to check on my mom to see if she was okay.
simply put art bell abandoned two small children and a wife and left my mother
destitute with no money on the island of okinawa!?!?
no child support, no allimony. nothing to her name.
when i asked art sr. what had happened that he would abandon his family...
his reply was that he blames my mom because of her religion and that she was CRAZY.
he treated my mom horribly. emotionally my mom was damaged beyond repair.
he also abandoned my (half) brother artie jr.
who he hasn't spoken to in over coupla of years.
art sr. also cheated on artie jr.'s mom.
now art sr. married another woman AND RAMONA was still cold in her grave(4 months).
AIRYN YOUNG ENOUGH TO BE HIS(GRAND)DAUGHTER!!!
AIRYN WILL WISE UP AND REALIZE SHE MARRIED AN EMPTY VESSEL.
POOR ASIA...THE POOR GIRL DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A CHANCE.
I JUST WANTED THE TRUTH TO COME OUT.
I HAD NO NEFARIOUS AGENDA.
I JUST TURNED 44 AND JUST CELEBRATED MY 3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY
AND ALSO CELEBRATED MY 2 YEAR OLD'S B-DAY.
I HAVE TWO CHILDREN AND THOUGH I'VE BEEN UNEMPLOYED FOR A YEAR I CAN HONESTLY SAY
THAT I'M VERY HAPPY WITH MY LIFE!!!
ART SR. ISN'T EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED IN HIS OTHER CHILDREN.
IT'S AS THOUGH ART SR. IS ASHAMED OF ARTIE JR.(HALF- BRO),
ME, AND MY SISTER.
I'VE MOVED ON.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN ME CAN LOOK UP MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH.
THATS IT.
THANKS FOR LISTENING TO RAMBLE ON.
PARTY ON GARTH.
VINCENT PONTIUS"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Art did to his children is very disturbing and very ugly on pure human level, I watched many families where father
just fqked off and didn't took responsibilities for his offspring -OK you had problem with your wife but what your own children
have to do with that -why to treat them worst then the many cats that Art had in so many years-
and we are surprised that there are so many kids from broken families end up on the streets, committing crimes,
government aka tax payers had to take care of them financially when scum like Art fathers build their careers and fatten their
bank accounts.

Thank God that Vincent and Lisa end up as a OK people ,as OK as you can be after learning that your father just got hard-On
with younger woman and left you with out money with your mother and never show any interest in you, on Christama's days
on your birthdays, on your graduation ...nothing, you didn't existed for him any more.

Very low life of Art to treat his own offspring that way, yet he was beaming when he married younger girl IRENE was 21
when she married Art Bell,...she could be his not daughter but granddaughter.
Art was born in 1945, he married IRENE in 2006 so he was 61 years old IRENE was 21 years old => 40 years younger
(is my math correct ??)

If you look at Vincent Michael Pontius f/b page Vincent has a beautiful photo with his daughter,
[Art's grand daughter],
she is putting her tiny baby finger into Vincent's mouth, - both of them look so sweet :)
Vincent's daughter now is almost as old as your daughter Art.

I wish them lot's of LOVE and Happiness ,...
how about you Art,..??
what do you wish them,..??
...or they are "dead" to you,...??

Art, your radio greatness is pile of crap to me now
and to many people who have warm beating hearts,..
first you have to be great human being
who is not running away from his offspring,..then We can talk about your radio successes.

It is OK not to get along with your wife,that's life
[she was 2 years older than you],
but what (3) years old baby's ,Vincent and Lisa,
your seed Art,..what they did to you at that tender age,...
you swine !! ..that you just left them and run away from them
with younger women,...no alimony,no birthday cards..NOTHING

How you can live with your self now ??
you are just to famous rich radio host for them now.....right ART ??

trostol

lol wow Art's FB posts lately are really...just...wow

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on November 06, 2016, 11:39:33 PM
lol wow Art's FB posts lately are really...just...wow

Art won't approve my friend request. :(

trostol

Quote from: JesusJuice on November 06, 2016, 11:45:06 PM

Art won't approve my friend request. :(

last i knew..he had reached the friend limit

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on November 06, 2016, 11:46:32 PM
last i knew..he had reached the friend limit

There was a message before when you sent a friend request that the limit had been reached.  Now that message is gone and it let's you send your request.

Approve my friend request, Art. I know you're reading this.