• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Why So Technical

Started by heater, October 08, 2015, 05:25:30 PM

Lilith

Quote from: Barfly on November 05, 2015, 09:50:57 PM
Good show guys, ya need more callers.. a few observations
I am of the opinion that people on this forum are not that computer savvy, no doubt some are but FFS people its 2015, 10 year old kids build gaming PC's with no help you looser's !
Curtis has a sexy voice, thats why he has children, it certainly cant be for his looks..j/k bro
Get a pop out chat..its not that hard Curtis
Sandra wants to bathe me in Crisco oil and have bizarre sex with me..whoops..wrong thread
George will always suck.period.
Dick will also suck. See above

All kidding aside you guys are doing a great show, sure its not the best tech show but its not supposed to be, more of a hangout for Bellgabers, and lets face it we are a odd bunch.
I lived in Chicago for over 50 years, i have been to Muncie Curtis, its a nice place, not sure i would want to live there but the people where down home straight up folks, i like that.
Key West is my home now but i really want to retire in Tenn or Kentucky, cheap land and chicks with no teeth.
tnx again for the show guys, we all appreciate it

I wish for a pop-up chat too, animated backgrounds make me feel dizzy, but if most people like it, then that's what really counts.  Happy I got to hear your call in Barfly!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 06, 2015, 06:31:17 AM
I wish I could have made it up later last night. Good show as always. Bellgab is the place where those who don't belong have found a home with other weirdos just like them.  ;D

So true lol's  Is't there a word for that?  Some word that means "The weird in me acknowledges and respects the weird in you"  Or something like that?   ;)

Chine

Congrats on your new show. Will keep up with the next one is posted. Much catching up, but hope to listen in for NFL podcast tomorrow night.

heater

Quote from: Barfly on November 05, 2015, 09:50:57 PM
Good show guys, ya need more callers.. a few...

Barfly thanks for calling in last Thursday it was great chatting with you.  I really appreciate the honest feedback.  I'll never be a professional at talking into a mic.  I tried that for a bit and getting paid for it took all the fun out of it during my brief stint on the air.

When we decided to do the show one of the important parts was to experiment with things we hadn't done before and other than that drunken night at the after show party I'm glad we are trying new things.

I totally agree our show or any show that doesn't have at least one super dynamic personality that drives things needs interaction to succeed.  Therefore we are going to mix things up a bit to get more interaction.  Starting this Thursday the show is going to be weekly from 8-10pm EST and will no long be live streamed to YouTube but instead use http://blab.im as the streaming and chat platform to interact. 

This will decentralize the show and will be open for anyone to sit in as a co host or ask questions on air for part or all of a show.  With blab we can have 4 people on at a time so that give us flexibility to not always have the same hosts on a show or even different hosts at times on 1 show depending on how Bellgab and the blab community flow any given night.

I will still stream the video / audio on whysotechnical.com and post each show to YouTube but to really be part of the live show using the blab webpage / iPhone  / Android app will be a better experience.  BTW you can join the shows with video or audio.

I will be and have been using blab to do impromptu topic discussions regularly and even possibly start  daily if you follow me you'll get a notice when I go live. My name on blab is: themudking (surprise)!

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to keep youse guys in the loop as things evolve.

wr250

Quote from: themudking on November 09, 2015, 11:25:26 PM
I totally agree our show or any show that doesn't have at least one super dynamic personality that drives things needs interaction to succeed.  Therefore we are going to mix things up a bit to get more interaction.  Starting this Thursday the show is going to be weekly from 8-10pm EST and will no long be live streamed to YouTube but instead use http://blab.im as the streaming and chat platform to interact. 

This will decentralize the show and will be open for anyone to sit in as a co host or ask questions on air for part or all of a show.  With blab we can have 4 people on at a time so that give us flexibility to not always have the same hosts on a show or even different hosts at times on 1 show depending on how Bellgab and the blab community flow any given night.

I will still stream the video / audio on whysotechnical.com and post each show to YouTube but to really be part of the live show using the blab webpage / iPhone  / Android app will be a better experience.  BTW you can join the shows with video or audio.

I will be and have been using blab to do impromptu topic discussions regularly and even possibly start  daily if you follow me you'll get a notice when I go live. My name on blab is: themudking (surprise)!

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to keep youse guys in the loop as things evolve.

this requires a twitter account, which i refuse to acquire. so i will no longer be able to interact, sorry.

Lilith

Quote from: wr250 on November 10, 2015, 06:25:33 AM
this requires a twitter account, which i refuse to acquire. so i will no longer be able to interact, sorry.

I feel really sad, but I do not want to sign up for blab at this time, because I am not at all familiar with it,  so, I guess I will miss the chat?  Or will there still be the chat on the WhySoTechnical webpage?   :(

heater

I have no problem keeping the current chat room open.  I just don't know that I'll be able to monitor it as well during the show.  The blab.im chat system works really well for mobile as well as desktop and has features that make it more interactive like flagging questions to the hosts.

You'll also be able to watch live without an account, but if you don't sign up you wouldn't be able to take an open seat to be part of the show.  You may look at the site to verify that a twitter account is a requirement.  I know gottoon was using a google+ account as his login and they may have a direct email option.  I will check too.

wr250

when you click "login" you get this:

Lilith

Quote from: wr250 on November 10, 2015, 07:39:58 AM
when you click "login" you get this:

Thats what I get too.  I had opened a Twitter account to help with Arts promotions when MITD was starting out, but I don't like Twitter at all, and deactivated my account, and don't want to activate it again :(  Also, I just don't want to have yet another web page to have to bookmark and/or log into.   It''s no fault on your part Curtis, its just me. I have more bookmarks for more shows than I can count already. The way things are going, I'll need a 2TB external hard drive for all my podcast and chat links lol's, (Ok, so I exaggerate a wee bit),  and I wouldn't be surprised if I just quit listening to them all sooner or later.   I'm sorry  :(

wr250

as of nov 5:

You can reach BLAB via desktop by going to blab.im or download the iOS app by searching for ‘Blab’ in the apple app store (or click here). The app for Android will hopefully be available soon, but for now Android users can simply access the BLAB website via the chrome browser. You will need to login with a twitter account, unless you want to lurk anonymously and not interact . Twitter is currently the only way to join.

http://www.marc-levy.com/blab-im-tutorial/

ponyboysunset

I'm in and will be a regular caller and interacter(?). lol. My twitter is femmegirl311. And there's an app, that makes life much easier. I hope you won't be doing away with the normal IRC chat for my own selfish reasons. LMAO. Oh and is the service free?

heater

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 10, 2015, 09:25:04 AM
I'm in and will be a regular caller and interacter(?). lol. My twitter is femmegirl311. And there's an app, that makes life much easier. I hope you won't be doing away with the normal IRC chat for my own selfish reasons. LMAO. Oh and is the service free?

awesome!  I won't be doing away with the IRC chat, no worries there!  yes it is free, right now it is technically still in beta but when they release it the only charges would be to host larger sessions not to view it.  The nice thing at blab is there is a large community of podcasters and people willing to jump in and have a conversation.  Its a perfect environment for having a lot of voices involved in a discussion topic.  I'd like to see someone start a regular Art Bell show there.

I understand some out there may not want to use twitter to connect with it and I respect that.  I am excited to use it and will either be awesome or fail miserably but at least we will try it out.

heater

now I can switch back to Android!

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/10/apple-music-for-android-hands-on/

From Article:
Steve Jobs once famously said that launching iTunes for Windows was "like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell." Well, Apple has a second glass ready today: the company just released a beta of Apple Music for Android, the first app that really gives Android users a taste of one of Apple's flagship services.

jazmunda

You can always sign up with a fake twitter account.

eg:
@gingerssuck
@gingershavefeelingstoo
@gingersunite
@gingerisnotjustarootvegetable

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on November 10, 2015, 06:30:01 PM
You can always sign up with a fake twitter account.

eg:
@gingerssuck
@gingershavefeelingstoo
@gingersunite
@gingerisnotjustarootvegetable

I own the first one already for a side project I do on the weekends.

jazmunda

Quote from: themudking on November 10, 2015, 07:49:05 PM
I own the first one already for a side project I do on the weekends.

Great! So @gingerisnotjustarootvegetable is not taken yet.

ponyboysunset

@gingersrhot
@gingerpride
;D

As a fake ginger I am on board with this :P

heater

@gingerstrong

The experiment begins tomorrow.  If you just want to watch our show tomorrow at 8pm you can go to http://whysotechnical.com and it is embedded front and center.  This will allow you to view and listen in on everything when we get started.

If you want to join us in the blab chat and possibly converse with us you can go to blab.im and search for me or 'Why So Technical?'

Thanks everyone!

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 11, 2015, 06:42:33 AM
@gingersrhot
@gingerpride
;D

As a fake ginger I am on board with this :P
@fakegingerwithafakesoul

ponyboysunset

Come chat with us on www.whysotechnical.com or join the blab!

Going on right now!

Lilith

Best show so far IMO!  And I watched it on my zte grand x max plus with an problems. Great topics and discussion. Thank You All !!!

heater

Quote from: brig on November 12, 2015, 08:52:48 PM
Best show so far IMO!  And I watched it on my zte grand x max plus with an problems. Great topics and discussion. Thank You All !!!

Thanks brig!! we had a lot of fun doing it.  It is processing the video now and should be on our youtube channel soon. Thanks pbs for hanging with us that was awesome!

Lilith

Quote from: themudking on November 12, 2015, 09:04:50 PM
Thanks brig!! we had a lot of fun doing it.  It is processing the video now and should be on our youtube channel soon. Thanks pbs for hanging with us that was awesome!

I reactivated my Twitter, signed into Blab, and bookmarked WhySoTechnical, just to make you happy Muddy  :-*

wr250

Quote from: brig on November 13, 2015, 06:27:13 AM
I reactivated my Twitter, signed into Blab, and bookmarked WhySoTechnical, just to make you happy Muddy  :-*
as did i ...

ponyboysunset

Anytime mudking. Sorry I didn't stay longer. I just didn't want to to hog the seat in case someone else wanted it. And remember what we talked about preshow and you helping me out with my macbook problem? Can you drop box that item?

heater

haven't forgotten, I will get that to you tonight right after work!

ponyboysunset

Thank you kind sir! Guess I should procure a flash drive or something. LMAO!

starrmtn001

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Are you doing a show tonight, or are you going to be in a food coma? ;D

jazmunda

Curtis is winding down folks. He's winding down.