• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Virtue signalling

Started by WOTR, November 23, 2019, 01:31:52 AM

WOTR

I suppose that politics is the place for this thread. I don't know if it will "take off", but I figure a thread documenting some of the most blatant examples of virtue signalling might be fun. I keep seeing it everywhere, and I know that this thread is too late to catch Gillette's "toxic masculinity" campaign.

I don't know how many transgender boxers that everlast is hoping to attract with their new "be first" campaign showing that there are "many ways to be a man". The same campaign features an amputee fighter and an "immigrant family."

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/transgender-boxer-face-everlast/story?id=65953232

*I should probably be clear. I have a fair amount of respect for a woman who transitions to a man and beats the shit out of other men in the ring...

ItsOver

Clyde Lewis had a pretty good show devoted to virtue signalling this week.  Check it out or at least the transcript.

https://www.groundzeromedia.org/11-21-19-cheap-talk-stuck-in-a-world-of-virtue-signaling/

pate

Quote from: WOTR on November 23, 2019, 01:31:52 AM
...features an amputee fighter...

Amputee boxer?  Gage says "Not fAIR."

eYE say show the cray-cray that enters the ring and delivers the non-technical knockout vis a vis boxing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGW-tV4eQaA

Unpossible, soor.

-p

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on November 23, 2019, 05:57:17 AM
Clyde Lewis had a pretty good show devoted to virtue signalling this week.  Check it out or at least the transcript.

https://www.groundzeromedia.org/11-21-19-cheap-talk-stuck-in-a-world-of-virtue-signaling/

Thanks!  I will check that out.  It's a very interesting subject IMO.

Kidnostad3

I see it all around me but I'm much too humble and modest to virtue signal.  I just quietly go about doing the Lord's work and spreading joy.

Lilith

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 23, 2019, 08:51:35 AM
I see it all around me but I'm much too humble and modest to virtue signal.  I just quietly go about doing the Lord's work and spreading joy.

Praise MV!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 23, 2019, 09:18:18 AM

The poor woman was congenitally without of a sense rhythm before making the altar call but look at her boogie now.   MV IS GOOD!

Juan

Having your seven year old begin transitioning seems to be the latest virtue signaling.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on November 23, 2019, 11:32:56 AM
Having your seven year old begin transitioning seems to be the latest virtue signaling.

Don’t you dare impose your gender stereotypes on them! >:(

whoozit

WTF is this?  I refuse to participate.  Lee,  please delete my BellGab account.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: whoozit on November 23, 2019, 01:20:01 PM
WTF is this?  I refuse to participate.  Lee,  please delete my BellGab account.

This is the very virtue signaling we're talking about here.  Everyone knows that BellGab is a work of the devil designed to lure in and insidiously addict the less than upright and weak of character for who knows what evil purposes.  No one in a crack house appreciates a condescending occasional marijuana user.  Just sayin'.

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 23, 2019, 04:09:03 PM

...Everyone knows that BellGab is a work of the devil designed to lure in and insidiously addict the less than upright and weak of character for who knows what evil purposes...
You could be right.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on November 23, 2019, 01:32:47 PM
https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/arts/bs-fe-bma-female-artists-2020-20191115-33s5hjjnqfghzhmwkt7dqbargq-story.html 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/11/15/baltimore-museum-art-will-only-acquire-works-by-women/ 

Baltimore Museum of Art will no longer buy art made by men.

I think what is great about the Baltimore sun is that they had a link to another of their stories half way through the article with a headline of "Related: In Baltimore, and nationwide, museums fight sharp declines in attendance."

I wonder if this type of crap is contributing to that sharp drop in attendance?

WOTR

Wouldn't you be shocked if you were the first poster in BG history to make that request and actually have Lee fulfill it? Arrive here tomorrow and suddenly your log in credentials didn't work, and your posting history were wiped clean... ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 23, 2019, 04:09:03 PM
Everyone knows that BellGab is a work of the devil designed to lure in and insidiously addict the less than upright and weak of character for who knows what evil purposes. No one in a crack house appreciates a condescending occasional marijuana user.

Sometimes the very thing you're looking for is the one thing you can't see.

pate

Glorious!

pate/K_Dubb 2020
"We are going to fix this shit"

WOTR

I know that almost all businesses have went into overdrive and are racing in a competition to see who can virtue signal the best. So it takes a special kind of absolute hypocrisy for me to bump this thread. But lulu lemon seems to have pulled it off.

To suggest that you want to sell me $150 yoga pants and overpriced shit made by third world wage slaves and then lecture me on "resisting capitalism?" It seems like the best resistance is to simply stop supporting companies such as lulu...

Just in case anybody is wondering what the hell "gender decolonization" is, I looked it up. Damn white supremacists who insisted that there are only male and female. This course will ask deep and probing questions such as "How did the whole world "get" two genders? The answer has more to do with colonialism and white supremacy than you might think."

K_Dubb

But they make really cute little shorts.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2020, 02:00:39 PM
I know that almost all businesses have went into overdrive and are racing in a competition to see who can virtue signal the best. So it takes a special kind of absolute hypocrisy for me to bump this thread. But lulu lemon seems to have pulled it off.

To suggest that you want to sell me $150 yoga pants and overpriced shit made by third world wage slaves and then lecture me on "resisting capitalism?" It seems like the best resistance is to simply stop supporting companies such as lulu...

Just in case anybody is wondering what the hell "gender decolonization" is, I looked it up. Damn white supremacists who insisted that there are only male and female. This course will ask deep and probing questions such as "How did the whole world "get" two genders? The answer has more to do with colonialism and white supremacy than you might think."
Here is an over two-hour long "webinar" discussing "gender decolonization." And, better yet, is a "panel discussion" so I'm get sure some really wacky academics and activists. For some reason though it has 17 views. Despite being first record when searching for the term. I guess the only people who believe in that crap are those either on the panel or the 17 people who watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6QYwP6r30Y

In a strange way though I give them some credit. In a way they are entrepreneurs, of a sort. Think about. People with no recognizable or marketable skills or education- either in the private sector or even in academia. So they have created their own reality, own majors, own language, taken over departments, and force both governments and now corporations to pay them! For advising, for consulting, for teaching wacky subjects, for harm caused to them  by society,  They have found a niche in "white guilt" and leveraged it for personal gain. Granted they bring nothing of value to society and nobody, really, wants their 'product.'

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2020, 02:42:44 PM
In a strange way though I give them some credit. In a way they are entrepreneurs, of a sort. Think about. People with no recognizable or marketable skills or education- either in the private sector or even in academia. So they have created their own reality, own majors, own language, taken over departments, and force both governments and now corporations to pay them! For advising, for consulting, for teaching wacky subjects, for harm caused to them  by society,  They have found a niche in "white guilt" and leveraged it for personal gain. Granted they bring nothing of value to society and nobody, really, wants their 'product.'

Yes it is a creative shakedown scam.  You laugh and want to know what to do with a degree in gender studies?  This is what you do.  Just like "defund the police" which means shunt off some of their funding to non-government partner agencies for social work -- they have just taken aim at the biggest line item in most municipal budgets.  "Guerilla grant-writing", I have called it.

Ultimately it is a sign of budgetary bloat, which is why they love/hate giant companies with huge profit margins since they're the only ones with the $ to fritter away on that stuff.  Funny thing is, they are a byproduct of capitalism; real commies would never have time for that shit.

ItsOver

... In a strange way though I give them some credit. In a way they are entrepreneurs, of a sort. Think about. People with no recognizable or marketable skills or education- either in the private sector or even in academia. So they have created their own reality, own majors, own language, taken over departments, and force both governments and now corporations to pay them! For advising, for consulting, for teaching wacky subjects, for harm caused to them  by society,  They have found a niche in "white guilt" and leveraged it for personal gain. Granted they bring nothing of value to society and nobody, really, wants their 'product.'
Creative con men and bunko artists.  Evil bastards.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 12, 2020, 02:22:29 PM
But they make really cute little shorts.

Bwahaha. Great way to kick off the new avatar.  ;)

Look They make a great product for somebody who goes to the gym for cardio and yoga. Not so much for somebody who goes and lifts weights.* I think next time you are in to buy your "hot shorts" you should demand a "resisting capitalism" discount of at least 50%. Or better yet, smash a window during the next peaceful protest and help them achieve their goal of resisting capitalism.

*I will confess that I have not ever went in a store and tried on a pair and am just going by my "best guess" on this one (and your photo...)

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2020, 03:27:49 PM

Look They make a great product for somebody who goes to the gym for cardio and yoga. Not so much for somebody who goes and lifts weights.* I think next time you are in to buy your "hot shorts" you should demand a "resisting capitalism" discount of at least 50%. Or better yet, smash a window during the next peaceful protest and help them achieve their goal of resisting capitalism.

*I will confess that I have not ever went in a store and tried on a pair and am just going by my "best guess" on this one (and your photo...)
Ha!  Dubb shake’n duh bootie.

WOTR

Here is an over two-hour long "webinar" discussing "gender decolonization." And, better yet, is a "panel discussion" so I'm get sure some really wacky academics and activists. For some reason though it has 17 views. Despite being first record when searching for the term. I guess the only people who believe in that crap are those either on the panel or the 17 people who watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6QYwP6r30Y

I should probably ask... Were there 17 people on the panel?  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2020, 03:32:46 PM
I should probably ask... Were there 17 people on the panel?  ;)
;D   I think 16 were on the panel, and I made the 17th viewer when I clicked on the link.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on September 12, 2020, 03:27:49 PM

Haha I should get a sponsorship for actively decolonizing their women's department for years, those gender fascists.  Well, me and half of Cap Hill.