• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: ziznak on March 16, 2016, 10:09:05 AM
fuck that shit.... im all about the grey poupon
You know Frenche's is the most popular mustard in France?  I used to prefer it, but now I've found a new love in Heinz' yellow. 

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2016, 09:19:01 AM
Wasn't there a Keith Rowland spot where he says, or at least heavily implies, Heather is a temporary fill in until Art returns?  Don't remember the exact wording, but is that still being played?

Oh maybe they did.  They need to cut that out if they did.  But it was nice not to hear Heather say "I'm sitting in"

CornyCrow

Quote from: Soylentblue on March 19, 2016, 07:32:23 AM
Wishing her well ignores the fact that that she's not a very good radio host. Wishing her well does not mitigate the fact that there are many more interesting and capable people doing this genre.

I wish Heather well but the fact remains she just doesn't do it for me.

Here's a crazy thought for you. Let's all lie and pretend that Heather does a fantastic job and we continue to listen to her. I wouldn't lie to my kids if they weren't doing well just to make them feel better. I would be honest and hope that hey grow and learn from the honesty that I showed them.

Nepotism has no place in business. We have all seen it and it never works.
Doesn't this all seem so very pre-planned?  Heather joining and then Art's first show featuring her, and when that did not go over well, all the fantasy that followed?   

ItsOver

Quote from: Segundus on March 19, 2016, 09:28:47 AM
Doesn't this all seem so very pre-planned?  Heather joining and then Art's first show featuring her, and when that did not go over well, all the fantasy that followed?
"There are no coincidences!"

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 19, 2016, 09:19:01 AM
Wasn't there a Keith Rowland spot where he says, or at least heavily implies, Heather is a temporary fill in until Art returns?  Don't remember the exact wording, but is that still being played?
Yes, there was.  I believe it was still playing, the last time I listened, when Art was a guest host on his own show.  ::)

jalix1

If you sit back and look outside the box, you will realize that this whole scenario was planned from day one.  I won't comment on the stalker fantasy, but to be informed recently that Art has COPD and health issues cements the issues of his hasty departure from MITD. I have known several relatives that have COPD and it not a very easy life to live, let alone try to carry on conversations. That being said, to be honest and straightforward, I have tried several times to listen to MITD since Art left and it is a no-go. With Art unable to return to the show, i'm afraid MITD's destiny will eventually be its demise.

ItsOver

Quote from: jalix1 on March 19, 2016, 10:24:29 AM
If you sit back and look outside the box, you will realize that this whole scenario was planned from day one.  I won't comment on the stalker fantasy, but to be informed recently that Art has COPD and health issues cements the issues of his hasty departure from MITD. I have known several relatives that have COPD and it not a very easy life to live, let alone try to carry on conversations. That being said, to be honest and straightforward, I have tried several times to listen to MITD since Art left and it is a no-go. With Art unable to return to the show, i'm afraid MITD's destiny will eventually be its demise.
I know MITD is a no-go for me.  I don't know why Art doesn't seem to understand that MITD without him is, at best, just another podcast.  I'm sorry to see it all end this way.

boxman

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on March 19, 2016, 09:09:55 AM
Hi Boxman,

The last few times I listened, I did not hear Redacted say she was "keeping the seat warm" but rather "honored to be here" I don't think she says that any more,.  Maybe I am wrong.  Has anyone noticed that ?
I was talking more about keith and his time traveler ad that he plays during every break.
He is still trying to fool people into thinking that Art is coming back and that Heather is just there temporarily keeping the seat warm for him.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on March 19, 2016, 09:21:03 AM

Don't mean to sound stupid but what is a Bif ?
Once I find out I will probably be like oh of course.

This Biff:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=95_DB6GgLQs

Quote from: ge30542 on March 18, 2016, 11:24:11 AM
Speaking of terrorists, here's what to do with them. In a clinical setting, inject them with the opiate of your choice. Let's say, morphine, give daily injections, slowly increase to a large, not lethal, daily dose. Then, after 2 weeks, withhold injections, inducing opiate withdrawal. After 3 or 4 days of dope-sickness, repeat the process.
Thoughts?

#BetterEveryday!

That would be more brutal than any waterboarding could ever be! What if you tossed ice water on them too while they're in WD. I almost think it would be too brutal. I always said I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Wonderlust

Quote from: ItsOver on March 19, 2016, 10:30:00 AM
I know MITD is a no-go for me.  I don't know why Art doesn't seem to understand that MITD without him is, at best, just another podcast.  I'm sorry to see it all end this way.

I agree. And can relate to the relatives with . COPD

It's a farce having Art Bell's name attached to the current program. It just sets me up for nightly let downs

Either do what's right for MITD, or cut ties

CornyCrow

So, people here now think 'the stalker' was a way of bowing out, not having to divulge that he has COPD? 

Or, could it be that 'the stalker' caused so much distrust and resentment that a serious disease would quiet it all down and elicit sympathy?  What would he have to lose, because he never intended to do a regular show anyway?

Frankly, I don't know where the truth lies and there is obviously no way of finding out.  If I had COPD, why would I not just admit it upfront as I bowed off the program?  No one would fault me for that.  Why keep it a dark secret until now?  Oh, yeah, a new diagnosis.  There is always a reason. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Segundus on March 19, 2016, 01:15:22 PM
So, people here now think 'the stalker' was a way of bowing out, not having to divulge that he has COPD? 

Or, could it be that 'the stalker' caused so much distrust and resentment that a serious disease would quiet it all down and elicit sympathy?  What would he have to lose, because he never intended to do a regular show anyway?

Frankly, I don't know where the truth lies and there is obviously no way of finding out.  If I had COPD, why would I not just admit it upfront as I bowed off the program?  No one would fault me for that.  Why keep it a dark secret until now?  Oh, yeah, a new diagnosis.  There is always a reason.
The bottom line is we're without Mr. Bell doing a weeknight show.  Whatever the reason.  Que sera sera.

munbeam666

Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't want to divulge their health problems publicly? I think the stalker was real, as well. Because of these serious issues, Art stopped broadcasting, at least full time. 'Nouf said

bobo17

Heather quit and quit NOW
You are horrible.

If anyone else agrees with me, please encourage me to continue to call for her resignation.
I have been an original founding member of BellGab (note i had to create a new handle and account as i lost my password etc.) and have a tremendous amount of respect
with all members.  Note: Most of my communication is done via private email, with you the members of Bellgab.

I will consider becoming more vocal and pubic if i get a large enough response to put my friendship with Art in jeopardy.

You can help by replying  " I agree with you Bobo, Heather has got to go"

If i get enough response, i will take my influence to the powers that be and finally be rid of Heather and her lack of radio experience and put her back to her former career where i think she can do better as it has less to do with pronouncing words correctly and more to do with moaning the words the right way.

Remember to reply with " I agree with you Bobo, Heather has got to go"

Thanks everyone, I know this is difficult for me personally, but it is something that if i get enough support, i will take to the end.
I have known him for years, since grade school,  i am sure if enough bell gabbers reply to my message he will get the message and have this clown show shut down.

thanks
bobo

PKaiser

On an unrelated note, bobo, aren't you supposed to be moaning at Bigfoot or something right about now?

Quote from: Segundus on March 19, 2016, 09:23:31 AM
You know Frenche's is the most popular mustard in France?  I used to prefer it, but now I've found a new love in Heinz' yellow.

I did not know that.

"From 6-10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time journeys back to November 19, 1997, when Art hosted a night of classic Coast to Coast AM with Whitley Strieber and Roger Leir for a fascinating discussion about alien implants and a weird series of phenomena in Glenrock, WY, that consisted of alien abduction, missing time and strange sounds from multiple witnesses who also join the program. "

Praise Gandalf

ge30542

Quote from: jalix1 on March 19, 2016, 10:24:29 AM
Merely having COPD doesn't say much. I have COPD, early & light. It would be interesting to know of the % of decrease in lung function one has.

norland2424

Quote from: bobo17 on March 19, 2016, 02:25:51 PM
You are horrible.

If anyone else agrees with me, please encourage me to continue to call for her resignation.
I have been an original founding member of BellGab (note i had to create a new handle and account as i lost my password etc.) and have a tremendous amount of respect
with all members.  Note: Most of my communication is done via private email, with you the members of Bellgab.

I will consider becoming more vocal and pubic if i get a large enough response to put my friendship with Art in jeopardy.

If i get enough response, i will take my influence to the powers that be and finally be rid of Heather and her lack of radio experience and put her back to her former career where i think she can do better as it has less to do with pronouncing words correctly and more to do with moaning the words the right way.

Thanks everyone, I know this is difficult for me personally, but it is something that if i get enough support, i will take to the end.
I have known him for years, since grade school,  i am sure if enough bell gabbers reply to my message he will get the message and have this clown show shut down.

thanks
bobo

Quote from: bobo17 on September 18, 2015, 05:38:15 PM
Geez i feel like i am dealing with a bunch of high school click masters here.
Is it that big of a deal to say what "MV" stands for and whom that person is/does/ in relation to Art  Bell.  If  you want to have your status in tack, you can always send me a private message
thanks...i think
bobo

ge30542

Quote from: Drunkenyoyomaster on March 19, 2016, 12:40:45 PM
That would be more brutal than any waterboarding could ever be! What if you tossed ice water on them too while they're in WD. I almost think it would be too brutal. I always said I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Rather than tossing water on them, walk in with a water filled syringe. They'll see it, and think relief is close, but alas, it's still 3 days away.

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2016, 09:58:15 PM
No not a crazy thought at all, that's why we made it only a Month to Month basis, we knew it might not last a long time and wanted nobody to lose money. Of course the number of subs is down some but still in the many thousands with people joining every day because of Heather since of course it has been Month's now. I will if I am able do some fill in as I have said but I do have health issues now that control my ability to do that. Heather will either continue to grow into the position or not so you are correct, it's her show now and she can change it in any way she wishes.

Art

Well, at least after all these months of carrot dangling and equivocation, Art has finally gotten 'off the pot'.

(and we are left with the 'shit' that MITD has become)

munbeam666

You are horrible.

thanks
bobo
I'm beginning to really enjoy Heather's shows.....accept Art's retirement, move on

mrswizard

You are horrible.

thanks
bobo

Bobo quit and quit now... YOU are boring. Heather is doing just fine.

Or, could it be that 'the stalker' caused so much distrust and resentment that a serious disease would quiet it all down and elicit sympathy?  What would he have to lose, because he never intended to do a regular show anyway?

I highly doubt that Art is pulling a 'Senda'.

CornyCrow

Quote from: munbeam666 on March 19, 2016, 02:14:46 PM
Has it ever occurred to you that some people don't want to divulge their health problems publicly? I think the stalker was real, as well. Because of these serious issues, Art stopped broadcasting, at least full time. 'Nouf said
Sure.  There are all sorts of people in the world.  Not knowing Art, I can only fall back on what I think I'd do, and maybe most people.  If I had a serious disorder that took away my functionality on a 'radio' job, I would just admit it and call it a day.  I would not open up an entire new production over the net and solicit all sorts of aid from 'friends' and then try to switch the show over to some unknown and just about when that did not work out, with perfect timing, a stalker comes up who I can blame and when even THAT fails I finally admit the 'truth', that I am in poor health and won't be doing a show any longer. 

Just one coincident after another, falling right into place when needed.  Yeah, it COULD happen. 

Donald Noory

There was a Heather Wade fan
His name was 21st Century Man
He was quite a blaggard
To his lover Ted Haggard
He said pump it right into my can

CornyCrow

Quote from: BellBoy on March 19, 2016, 05:51:47 PM
Well, at least after all these months of carrot dangling and equivocation, Art has finally gotten 'off the pot'.

(and we are left with the 'shit' that MITD has become)
Or, has he?  Maybe it's just a story we all can buy into - like Janet Reno, how could we pick on an 'ill' person.  I sincerely hope he's lying now, and does not have COPD. 

ge30542

Quote from: Segundus on March 19, 2016, 08:20:58 PM
Or, has he?  Maybe it's just a story we all can buy into - like Janet Reno, how could we pick on an 'ill' person.  I sincerely hope he's lying now, and does not have COPD.
Smoking for 50 years will lessen lung function.
These days, that is called COPD. He couldn't run a 5K, but he could probably speak for 3 hours, we never heard him gasping or wheezing on air.
He just wasn't feelin' it, and the little lady was over his night life hours.
Steal your face right of your head, he's gone.