• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

I have a few questions for Art. If you hope to have any credibility around here going forward, you'll answer them.

1. Did you give Heather the go ahead to fire Peter Eberhardt?

2. Will you admit that you encouraged BellGab, through Ross, to embarrass Hoagland on air because of your little behind-the-scenes spat?

3. Do you see it as hypocritical to goof on Noory for his team's hollow libel threats toward MV, using "public person" as a defense, only to do the same thing a few months down the road?

Lilith

Quote from: Art Bell on January 26, 2016, 11:03:41 PM
Hi everybody, first the fact that I am now here does not represent a lie since when I last left I simply said I was leaving, not quitting Bell Gab but I am sure it will be said anyway.

Second, I fully understand I reacted far to quickly at a moment I had not slept and was under a lot of stress with what was going on and yes because my Wife had enough and told me it had to stop because it was having a very negative effect on Asia. So I said something I could not take back and that is on me.

Next I want to say sorry to the people on this Forum who supported me in the run up to this show with so much, I understand your hearts were broken but I also want to say that mine was as well because I have been a member here for Years and reading many of the things said here hurt me more then you can know. I will sure cop to making a very bad decision at that time but this felt like home to me. Bad decision yes but lie, never. I never lied to you on air or off, never.

I would be glad to answer any reasonable questions but if people just want to trash me and my Family I will not respond to that sort of thing. Perhaps you do not believe this place was that important to me but you would be wrong, I am not sure it is the same place I remember but my memories of it the way it was are warm.

Art

Hi Art.  I took some time and "slept" on your post. There might have been a million things I wanted to ask, and probably have twice as many I might have wanted to say.  The only important things that I am left with, is please be nice to MV and bellgab forever.  And second thing, have you and/or Heather actually listened to MITD since Heather has been doing it?  If either or both of you actually listen to it, I would like to hear both of you give an honest assessment of Heathers skills in her position.

I predict: Art will be hosting a show within the next 14 days, maybe within a week.

Does anybody actually know how Heather looks like?
Maybe she's so hot, Art's waifu got jealous.
Throwing a hot chick between a bunch of guys usually causes trouble.

Element 115

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 27, 2016, 07:38:00 AM

I predict: Art will be hosting a show within the next 14 days, maybe within a week.

Art ain't tryin' ta hea' dat.  He'll be back, dawg.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 26, 2016, 03:58:00 PM
I may have said that once, around about 1987. From now on, I will drop 1970's Monty Python quotes in my correspondence with you as though they are current British colloquialisms, though they may still be current for YP.

'Look, matey, I know a dead parrot argument when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.'

It's the opposite, actually. There's nothing in what Art's said that is inconsistent. None of the people around him have said anything inconsistent. His decisions are not inconsistent with his past decisions that are public, "all in" and such. There's nothing there from which to make the suggestion that this is anything other than what Art explained. To go outside of that, one must make assumptions based on nothing. That's akin to religion.

I don't know what you mean about 'consistency', other than the fact that some people say there isn't a stalker and then one of the hired helps says 'there totally is a stalker'. That's about all we have if we are talking about a consistent story. All of the things you allude to come straight from the source, so of course they are going to sound similar. The (documented but not investigated) police reports come from Art. All of the people close to him who back him up accept his story au pied de la lettre so they will all sound the same. All your talk of consistency is simply to say that you have a variety of secondary sources who base their information and opinions solely on the belief that Art is telling the truth.

What sort of proof do you expect there to be? Short of a stalker sitting in a prison cell, as far as I know the only thing would be the police reports, which were posted.

That's a fair point. Therefore you look at the circumstances of the case to see if his behaviour is consistent with his claims. Why does Art suddenly quit, citing a danger to his family from an armed lunatic, only to say shortly afterwards that he is willing to do occasional gigs? Has he worked out a deal with the stalker where he can work part-time? Does he think that if he rushes on to the air unannounced that the stalker will say 'you got me there, buddy, getcha next time'? As I said before, the reason we hear so much about stalkers is because those on the receiving end find some way to neutralise them. Except for Art.

That assumes that death threats are something out of the ordinary for celebrities. They're not. There are a lot of loony tunes people and bored high school kids out there and I'd be skeptical that the police would even put the resources into investigating them.

It doesn't matter whether it's out of the ordinary or not. It could be totally unprecedented for something like this to happen, but if there were reasonable grounds for believing it then you'd be foolish to doubt them. Actually, it's because it's such a mundane reason that it sounds less plausible to me - if it sounded more preposterous you'd have less reason to question it. I feel the same about the more outlandish UFO reports, that are so 'out there' that you can't explain why anyone would make it up and expect to be believed.

It doesn't surprise me likewise that Art wouldn't want them wasting resources on something that he said may not have even been related.

If you are that terrified then you explore every avenue, you don't concern yourself with the budget deficit of your local PD, you just want the bloody 'stalker' caught, even if that means chasing up a few blind alleys. Is this a serious issue or not? On one hand, Art is brushing it aside as the actions of a few kids, the next he acts like he has Max Cady on his tail.

I seriously doubt that Salman Rushdie put life on hold for the last 25 years to hide out in a state of constant, unyielding fear never venturing out of the house or doing anything fun again. It doesn't work like that. You continue to live life as best you can.

No, he had to go into hiding for a long time, at least until the Ayatollah Khomenei died, who put out the fatwa against him. He was in the position of being someone whom it was every Muslim's duty to kill, and was under 24-hour police guard for many years. That's really living in fear.

I actually find it hard to believe that anyone found anything unreasonable about taking one's daughter out in the middle of the night to see the first snow in god knows how many years out the desert. It astounds me that some people are so coldly analytical about something so simple and human.

You don't often find many hostages sparing a thought to take a selfie, they usually have other concerns. The same goes for those who claim to be stressed and terrified by a stalker. You'd think that he'd have other priorities at that time. But, fair enough, you wanted to take your daughter out to enjoy the snow, and we would be churlish to criticise that. The odd part is that he would then post the picture. If you have a demented 'stalker' on your arse, you'd probably try not to stir him up with provocations via social media. You have two choices here: Art is a moron, or he knows the threat is minimal, to the point of non-existence. Take your pick.

I don't think you come from Missouri at all. You are just one of those trendy bastards who like to boast about hailing from the 'Show-Me' state but were just pretending all along. You don't seem to concern yourself with being shown anything, you just take it all on the nod. I suppose it just shows that you are a much a better man than me, corrupted and corroded as I am by my inveterate cynicism. All I can say is that the next time I go on one of my murderous rampages (and it's been a couple of months so I'm starting to get twitchy) I have you on the jury.

Yes, you do what you must when you hitch yourself to talent. I can't imagine what you must go through dealing with the Marlon Brando-like blow ups and difficulties, the mayonnaise, the constant threat of George and Tommy snarfing your cash cow out from underneath you, the multiple Bellgab quits for six month long "apartment cleanings", the need for constant ego stroking and perhaps more, again involving the mayonnaise. Know that I do not envy you. In fact, your plight often moves me to fits of weeping.

Yes, that's what they all say, but we both know the truth, you jealous bastard! I've got Oliver Stone on board to direct the 'Terror in Pahrump' movie, with Falkie playing the grassy knoll. I've cast Chronaut as Heather Wade, and he is already deep into his window licking research, and am currently auditioning leprechauns to play the part of 'The Stalker'. If you want a role, just PM me. I'm afraid you don't have the acting chops to play Asia though, much as you'd like to sit on Art's lap.  :)

nika01

Art,

Worst possible thing that you can do is to log in to this shit hole and read the trash from the various stuffed shirts and hobgoblins that continue to infest.

Sean92008

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 27, 2016, 07:38:00 AM

Yeah, I might catch the new "final" shows on U7 someday.  If I even continue to listen to those...

My garage sessions (finishing guitars, car work, cleaning, trying to solder, etc.) used to be U7 pumped through a "Class T" amp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class-T_amplifier) and a couple of mini stage monitors.  A little EQ to rip out the boom and mud (<350Hz) and it sounded comparable to MitD minus the annoying high end (and breathing sounds).  Oh, there were no diatribes on someone's audio quality every 20 minutes either!

Now those very same sessions are filled with the sounds of The Pretenders, Badfinger, Akina Nakamori, Love Psychedelico, George Harrison, Motown and Gerry Rafferty.

Art should stay retired.  Get a personal trainer and one of those full body MRIs to make sure he doesn't have any surprises lurking beneath the bag.  I still expect him to show up at some airport with a backwards swastika on his forehead claiming he was attacked by some white dopes on punk.  My allusion to Morton Downey Jr. is quite serious.  There's a point where someone thinks they're so beloved that they do shit that's unbelievably stupid...  Like the crazy ex who ends up in a brothel dying of an OD... 

Sean92008

Quote from: nika01 on January 27, 2016, 09:03:22 AM
Art,

Worst possible thing that you can do is to log in to this shit hole and read the trash from the various stuffed shirts and hobgoblins that continue to infest.

He doesn't need to log in to do that...  Although he may need to log in to search for stuff.  With that said, let me give one of his search terms:

"filipina nude teens creampie old man"

Hold it!  That's MY search term.  Better a Filipina than a Japanese.  AB knew that and now I do too.

Gruntled

Hi everybody, first the fact that I am now here does not represent a lie since when I last left I simply said I was leaving, not quitting Bell Gab but I am sure it will be said anyway.

Second, I fully understand I reacted far to quickly at a moment I had not slept and was under a lot of stress with what was going on and yes because my Wife had enough and told me it had to stop because it was having a very negative effect on Asia. So I said something I could not take back and that is on me.

Next I want to say sorry to the people on this Forum who supported me in the run up to this show with so much, I understand your hearts were broken but I also want to say that mine was as well because I have been a member here for Years and reading many of the things said here hurt me more then you can know. I will sure cop to making a very bad decision at that time but this felt like home to me. Bad decision yes but lie, never. I never lied to you on air or off, never.

I would be glad to answer any reasonable questions but if people just want to trash me and my Family I will not respond to that sort of thing. Perhaps you do not believe this place was that important to me but you would be wrong, I am not sure it is the same place I remember but my memories of it the way it was are warm.

Art
Hi Art.
Thanks for posting here.
I'm relatively new here but I can tell there are a lot of people here that love you and want you back on air.
Myself included.
I'm still a Time Traveler, and while I enjoy the show, I would welcome your return in any format.
  I have many questions but they would all disappear if you return to the mic.
Thanks for your past shows and hope there will be more.

CornyCrow

Parsing your words to be deliberately misleading IS LYING.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Segundus on January 27, 2016, 09:36:31 AM

I tried to parse your sentence but received a compiler error. Perhaps you can select a more appropriate word than parsing and resubmit for further analysis.

Is this situation getting worse now?

BellBoy

Art

Many, many "reasonable" questions have been asked, Art. We're all ears...

Sean92008

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 27, 2016, 09:47:26 AM
Is this situation getting worse now?

Art didn't get the hero's welcome he expected, me thinks.  So, his toe-dipping led him to go back to the cabin and enjoy his vacation indoors.

It was always worse, we're are just becoming aware of it now.

Sean92008

Please e-mail your political representatives with that message!

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on January 27, 2016, 09:50:35 AM
Many, many "reasonable" questions have been asked, Art. We're all ears...

Kolchak

Meanwhile, at Bellgab

Art_s Farts

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 26, 2016, 11:43:12 PM
Of all the ass-tards on BellGag, I love most of them but Ciardelo is the ONLY one I've hit ignore on.

Like I previously posted...  He's as useful as a banjo in Metallica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liBhu8DBzEQ

Sean92008

Quote from: Art Bell on December 29, 2015, 03:51:55 PM
I think this turd still does not get it! He has already proven he is a Cyber Stalker. I have come to believe he just might be my Stalker. He wants more investigation and he will get it. Anybody this consumed with trying to hurt me because I left a Radio show is suspect.

Art

Saw this old post and thought:  Humm, is it slander or libel when you WRITE AN ACCUSATION DOWN LIKE THAT???

Art's gotten confused in his old age.  AB is scared off his show by a cyber stalker (who is no longer "cyber" if he's throwing firecrackers at him), then the "cyber stalker" then berates him for quitting...  Huh?

Logic≠Art Bell

inuk2600

https://soundcloud.com/audible/lying

"In this brief but illuminating work (Lying), Sam Harris applies his characteristically calm and sensible logic to a subject that affects us allâ€"the human capacity to lie. And by the book’s end, Harris has compelled you to lead a better life because the benefits of telling the truth far outweigh the cost of liesâ€"to yourself, to others, and to society."
â€" Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist, American Museum of Natural History

CornyCrow

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 27, 2016, 10:01:17 AM
Please e-mail your political representatives with that message!
Well, as George W tried to say, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice . . . '

How about, 'You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time?'

Sean92008

Quote from: Art_s Farts on January 27, 2016, 10:07:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liBhu8DBzEQ

The most talented guitarist that I never saw play banjo was Allan Holdsworth.  The most talented that I did see play banjo was Steve Vai.

The most talented banjo player I saw live was Todd Taylor.  The biggest ass of a banjo player I met was Todd Taylor.

I suggested to my daughters to learn banjo and took them to a guy who used to live in my childhood neighborhood, Greg Deering.  They never got into it but sisters playing banjo make money, even with mediocre material.

That's all I knows about banjos.

albrecht

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 27, 2016, 10:19:11 AM
The most talented guitarist that I never saw play banjo was Allan Holdsworth.  The most talented that I did see play banjo was Steve Vai.

The most talented banjo player I saw live was Todd Taylor.  The biggest ass of a banjo player I met was Todd Taylor.

I suggested to my daughters to learn banjo and took them to a guy who used to live in my childhood neighborhood, Greg Deering.  They never got into it but sisters playing banjo make money, even with mediocre material.

Steve Martin is pretty good considering his age (the best pickers are usually still pretty young with nimble fingers.) And he is hilarious when he combines banjo in his comedy skits. But, even just playing music, he is pretty darn good.

Sean92008

Quote from: Segundus on January 27, 2016, 10:18:52 AM
Well, as George W tried to say, 'Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice . . . '

How about, 'You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time?'

Especially Art Bell's audience!  How did Art think his highly open-minded, intellectual (for the most part) and, frankly, hyper-analytical audience would react to shaky "evidence?"  Dave's audience, at least those he built-up from scratch (post-AB), aren't so bright as to question and move on once the answer is not given...

My broken record is playing... 

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on January 27, 2016, 10:22:41 AM
Steve Martin is pretty good considering his age (the best pickers are usually still pretty young with nimble fingers.) And he is hilarious when he combines banjo in his comedy skits. But, even just playing music, he is pretty darn good.

Yes, he's got the chops.  Never saw him live.  Had his first two comedy records though AND the King Tut single (with picture sleeve).

Think of it, the Smothers Brothers show had TWO musical talents writing for them...  Mason Williams (Classical Gas) and Steve Martin.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sean92008 on January 27, 2016, 10:19:11 AM

That's a lot more than I know or care to know about banjos.  ;)

Of course, this is obligatory.

sorefinger

Art

First, what I'm going to say is not meant to discorage you but to encourage you -- and shock, too.

Second, I don't think 70-years-old is old at all, but if you believe 70-years-old is old, then 70 years is old. 

Ronald Reagan became president at 70.

Donald Trump is 70, or at least will be in a few months, yet he has the vigor and energy of a 20-year-old, traipsing around the country from one end to the other, day and night, seemingly possessing an endless supply of motivation, mental fortitude, stick-to-it-ness, always appearing fresh and dapper, a remarkable specimen of human flesh, really. 

Of course, his good health and vigor has nothing to do with his genes but everything to do with the environment he chooses for himself, which environment is totally free of alcohol, tobacco, junk food, Monsanto poisoned GMO crap, fried food of any nature (no fricking French fries, no KFC, no pastery, no crackers, no oils), and never processed meats of any kind (no hot dogs, no deli slices, no pepperoni, no meat loaf), but instead his diet is replete with fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, only poached, steamed or boiled cooking, and free of candy and processed sweets. 

One could argue his deal-making has origin with his meal-making.

No one has to be a billionaire to afford the environment he chooses. And no billionaire leads a boring life because he prefers health food.

Art, you have these fleeting moments of wanting to be back on the air, one moment, but then the next moment, you're doubtful, discouraged, worn out, impetuous, moody, knee-jerk, irritable.  That's because your health is in the sewer.  You're never going to come back unless you get your health back, first. 

And you know, if you would just get religious about your diet and what you suck into your lungs, within a matter of just a few weeks, you'd be feeling so damn good, you'd rip that mic away from Heather in a heartbeat, go back on the air not just five nights a week but six or seven. That's how much energy you would have.  The human body is remarkable, designed to fully bounce back from any adversity, but it won't or can't happen without proper and total nutrition, first.

Every addiction, according to experts such as Dr. Dennis J. McKenna (a recent guest on MiTD), is a variation of malnutrition.  In other words, if you'd, for once, just get a handle on your diet, those nicotine cravings would vanish.

Think about what you're eating!  That bowl of morning cereal (or whatever else it is that you're spooning or forking down your neck) is not adding to your health but subtracting.  Every oil-based, fried meal that you're eating is putting you one step closer to the grave, whereas every poached or steamed meal puts you one step farther back from the grave.

It's not just your own health that's in the sewer; virtually every American's is, too.  That's because they've been marching to and worshipping at the altar of Madison Avenue, front men for the purveyors of the standard American diet, too stupid to pause and wonder why they're all sick, have heart attacks, get cancer, are diabetic, overweight, suffer from depression and if not dependent on Immodium AD, can no longer deficate without Miralax. 

But Madison Avenue is not going to be king of the hill much longer, thanks to the internet, which is gradually transforming the food choices people are now making, dramatically improving health that will, once a majority is onboard, eventually bankrupt the failing medical industry, which has been more interested in being on target to consume 25% of the GNP than it has been in patient health.

Meantime, if you don't reform your diet, your topsy-turvy disposition will dominate.  When you're down, your body shuts down, goes into depression, so that it can recover.  But then when you recover again, become active, which means more stress, you then quickly run youself down again because your endurance is zilch.  It's a vicious, never-ending cycle, which only continues perpetually.  But it doesn't have to.

If you're not interested in scrapping the standard American diet for yourself, then at least scrap it from your home for your daughter's sake.  Childen are far more vulnerable to diet-based disease than are adults, accounting for why child disease, like cancer and autism, have been occuring at rates unheard of in human history.

Sean92008

Quote from: ItsOver on January 27, 2016, 10:26:35 AM
That's a lot more than I know or care to know about banjos.  ;)

Of course, this is obligatory.

Doh!  Never watched that movie...  Time to Youtube that scene.