• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 04:49:43 PM
So tell me, how many other radio shows do you listen to ? Can you name the competition? How often do you listen to them? Sorry, I think you are talking out of your ass when you say its not a good show with Heather.

Well, I don't know which orifice he/she is using, but he/she has an opinion which may correspond with reality. It's safe to say that the only thing that might keep Heather on the air past 30 days is the hope that Art might come back. Otherwise, the subscriber base would evaporate totally. There's a hook here and the hook isn't Heather, it's Art.

A good show? People will eventually vote with their ears and their wallets, hook or no hook.

Just Me

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2015, 05:15:54 PM
Do we have to bring a covered dish?

Just your lavish tithe will be expected

norland2424

Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015 in Radio Show | 296 Views | Leave a response

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I’ve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn’t doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations’ concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

â€" Keith Rowland

zeebo

Quote from: BellBoy on December 19, 2015, 05:14:09 PM
How about let's humour common sense and realise that it's OK for others to post their own assessment of her performance, to date?

(even if it disagrees with yours)

Fine with me.  It's an open forum.  I never did understand the "If you don't like it stop listening, stop posting, just stop stop stop .." sentiment. 

On the flip side people who take the other side aren't necessarily 'white knights' or whatever.   Also there's no cause for some of the more ruthless personal attacks.  But they'll continue because, yep, it's an open forum.

onan

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 05:15:49 PM
For what it's worth I did not ask Heather to call the Police about the call, she decided to do that on her own. Second, I was pissed and went on the air that night anyway. Third it was blocked and most likely came from a bogus number anyway. Finally I am not sweating verbal or Internet threats, just things people DO. People in Public life learn to live with threats, I have had many. The Police tell you that people who talk rarely Do anything. I think the chance of anybody getting caught in random patrols is pretty damn small but the possibility of someone bragging and getting info that way is possible. I thought the idea was good.

Art
The problem with offering a reward is the attraction of other kooks that will surveil your property and become likely suspects themselves. I get it though, I would be challenging anyone that drove by, including the people that live there.

Daggit

I have always been a fan of Heathers. Loved her on the gab cast.  Thought she was a competent producer despite having no experience. She was a great contributor to this site with a wealth of knowledge about Art Bell. Having said that I paid my 5 bucks for Art. I don't listen to many if any other podcasts and the ones that I do are free. Thanks for all the wild rides Art but I wanted to ride shotgun in a mustang with you and not take my chances in an UberX.

Just Me

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:19:40 PM
tell us more sweet prince...

By my beard, there is the unholy one who will be collecting the tithe and calling the numbers to the masses while eating pizza rolls

Gruntled

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 03:14:59 PM
You're human. I don't believe you made any decisions maliciously. Impulsively, YES! I still love you, Art. Like most people; I've been angry, disappointed, and upset with the people I love. The negative feelings will pass.  :)
+1

Sabu2K

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:23:51 PM

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. I’ve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasn’t doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stations’ concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

â€" Keith Rowland

Cliff notes...Art will be back in month or so, only on DMDN.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2015, 02:09:50 PM
Keep your eyes peeled, Zeebo.  They may be looking for snacks.

Maybe that's the psyops gang for the Marin County psycho squirrel. :o

Quote from: Sabu2K on December 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM

Back to being just another little internet show.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

Art

Great! That's just GREAT! My whole name is a suck up!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2015, 05:21:08 PM
You don't really think he stopped and asked for legal advice do you?

I'm not talking about seeking legal advice.  I'm curious if the Sheriff's Dept thought the offer of a reward would be beneficial to their on-going efforts to apprehend the perp or perps?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 19, 2015, 05:31:27 PM
Great! That's just GREAT! My whole name is a suck up!
So it is, so it is...

BellBoy

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:23:51 PM

â€" Keith Rowland

It looks like Art got out the checkbook and agreed to fund his 'pet project'... at least for a while.

Just Me

Can you feel the love, this thread over whelms my senses with piety, gluttony,  envy, avarice, and everything else that makes the internutz so fine

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 05:31:50 PM
I'm not talking about seeking legal advice.  I'm curious if the Sheriff's Dept thought the offer of a reward would be beneficial to their on-going efforts to apprehend the perp or perps?

I consider speaking about the whole matter with law enforcement and with lawyers as legal advice.

zeebo

Quote from: Sabu2K on December 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM

Would be great to just sign up for a text alert should Art appear on-air again, and avoid the daily speculations.  I can't go through that excercise again.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: BellBoy on December 19, 2015, 05:33:24 PM
It looks like Art got out the checkbook and agreed to fund his 'pet project'... at least for a while.

I think it's only fair and right, personally.   8)

wr250

Quote from: Just Me on December 19, 2015, 05:34:03 PM
Can you feel the love, this thread over whelms my senses with piety, gluttony,  envy, avarice, and everything else that makes the internutz so fine
thats what makes us vaguely loveable

bellNwhistle

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 05:35:29 PM
Would be great to just sign up for a text alert should Art appear on-air again, and avoid the daily speculations.  I can't go through that excercise again.

is there an app for that??

Chronaut

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 05:19:49 PM
When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

I think it's a good idea:  some leads are better than no leads.  And the reward only applies if it's the right guy and he's convicted, so there's no financial risk if you feel that $20K is worth caging this cockroach, and I certainly do.

It sounds to me like Art is offering the reward directly, rather than through the Nye County Sheriff's Office, in which case I would expect tips to go to Art rather than their office.  So it may not be a hassle for them.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's an interesting gambit.  If this is some unhinged yahoo, I think there's a good chance that A.) he'll boast about it to people around him and B.) the people around him will be happy to collect the dough because unhinged yahoos aren't typically known for the loyalty of their acquaintances.  On the other hand, if it's a hired professional, it's probable that nothing will turn up.  Which in and of itself says something about the situation.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2015, 05:32:26 PM
So it is, so it is...

mine kinda is too, though not quite as obvious, I hope.  ;)

nika01

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 05:21:48 PM
Well, I don't know which orifice he/she is using, but he/she has an opinion which may correspond with reality. It's safe to say that the only thing that might keep Heather on the air past 30 days is the hope that Art might come back. Otherwise, the subscriber base would evaporate totally. There's a hook here and the hook isn't Heather, it's Art.

A good show? People will eventually vote with their ears and their wallets, hook or no hook.
Your response bore no resemblance to my question.

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:36:55 PM
mine kinda is too, though not quite as obvious, I hope.  ;)
Well, when you say it like that, it sounds kinds dirty. Dirty girl.  ;)

nika01

You are such a reprehensible piece of shit

csummers

next the speculation about when he might return for a guest host visit, sprinkle in a little drama, a few cliff hangers, some subscription carrot dangling, some definitely offs, followed by some definitely ons...............and you have a new years prediction show.

Freyja

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 03:39:28 PM
Only the mentally deficient and trolls are taking it out on Heather. Heather is infinetly preferable to most of the rest. I think we are lucky to have her.

Forget to take your meds again?

Who here is taking anything out on Heather?

You like her, the way she is doing the program, you support her and others do...that's great, pay, don't pay, listen and enjoy.

Those of us here who do not like/appreciate her style, MITD with her as host etc. wish her well, give her huge kudos for stepping up to an impossible situation, however we will not continue to pay, nor to listen....our choice just like continuing to listen to her is yours.

Chill out!