• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

Larkin

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on November 13, 2012, 02:20:55 AM
So I asked Clyde and he said he wasn't a free mason. And as far as holding ground zero events there he said he wasnt afraid to go into the belly of the beast. I like his show alot, reminds me of the old coast days. He will never be Art but way better than noory.

Clyde himself answered you?  THat's pretty cool.

Quote from: tmock00 on September 25, 2012, 01:24:44 PM
So, I've been listening to Ground Zero via Stitcher on my Android or on my computer, and this is my new go-to show. Some stations only broadcast the first 3 hours, but the full show is 5 hours long.

The show is actually fun, the host is 100% engaged in topics and guests, and it reminds me of the early days of C2C. 

Do you have any tips for listening to all five hours of the show?  I've been listening using the tunein.com app (where you can access a bunch of different stations) and all I can ever seem to find is stations that play only 2-3 hours of Ground Zero.  I'd love to hear all 5 hours.  Thanks for any advice to you give me.

Morgus

Quote from: Unexplained Light on February 21, 2013, 12:24:58 AM
Do you have any tips for listening to all five hours of the show?  I've been listening using the tunein.com app (where you can access a bunch of different stations) and all I can ever seem to find is stations that play only 2-3 hours of Ground Zero.  I'd love to hear all 5 hours.  Thanks for any advice to you give me.
just go to the main Ground Zero website and under the "Podcast" section they archive freely downloadable mp3 files of the full 5 hour past shows.
i think only the Portland, Oregon station carries the full show, PremRat only uses a couple hours of the show prior to c2c starts on their affiliate stations.

Larkin

Quote from: Morgus on February 21, 2013, 12:42:43 AM
just go to the main Ground Zero website and under the "Podcast" section they archive freely downloadable mp3 files of the full 5 hour past shows.
i think only the Portland, Oregon station carries the full show, PremRat only uses a couple hours of the show prior to c2c starts on their affiliate stations.

thanks very much!  I'll check that out.

I'm listening to Clyde's interview with Bruce Campbell right now (found it archived on Tunein.com).  Clyde is being sharp, congenial, funny, super informed.  Getting great stuff out of Bruce Campbell.  Now if Clyde was this way all the time (minus the rants,... yes, they annoy me too), he would easily be a serious threat to Noory.  He may be anyway, but I wonder if the rants, and the extremity of some of his conspiratorial views, will be too off-putting for too many radio listeners.  Which saddens me somewhat, coz Clyde has the right idea,... he just he gets off-track sometimes, but then I wonder if to be good a radio host that host has to be agreeable to me all the time (see eye-to-eye with my own views).  Not really,.... I should just get over that, and agree to disagree with Clyde over the things that he sees far differently from me.

HorrorRetro

Until last night, I thought I HAD been listening to the whole show.  I thought it was a 3-hour show.  I only found it was a 5-hour show last night when I was on the Portland station's page.  You can listen to the full show on the Portland page, except when sports knocks it off the schedule.

http://www.kxl.com/pages/ground_zero

ItsOver

Quote from: Larkin on February 21, 2013, 12:03:34 AM

Clyde himself answered you?  THat's pretty cool.

I got a quick email back signed "Clyde" when I emailed him with a question about his music.  In case anybody's interested, his top of the hour closing music is from "Edward Scissorhands."  I like that choral sound.  ;)

After that long intro that Clyde plays is over (I agree with someone else:  it's too long), and Clyde says something like, "This is Clyde Lewis and you're listening to Ground Zero,".... he sounds eerily like Art when he used to do the intro for 'Dreamland.'  Clyde has a great radio voice, and when he's in a good mood and is interviewing a guest he's clicking with, Ground Zero can be top notch radio.  (I still agree with what many others have said here, though:  he needs to tone down if not out the rants).

Also, that's good to know about listening to all 5 hours of the show at the Portland, OR station.  I'm going to try that tonight at 7pm, see if I can catch it "live."  Also, I'm one of those people who always likes to hear the first hour of the show(s), coz that's when the host usually mentions any interesting news and/or cool stuff going down in the paranormal community.  By the 2nd hour, you're into a guest and a topic.

tweet75

its alot like coast but better and I quit listening to coast this week

Darisi

Quote from: tweet75 on February 24, 2013, 02:23:50 AM
its alot like coast but better and I quit listening to coast this week
Not that much better!

AC400KICK

Clyde's got one of the most polite callers I've heard anywhere. Clyde and the callers almost never talk over each other and pause to let the other answer them.

Clyde Lewis is a loud mouthed, arrogant, idiot. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

jazmunda

His shows over the past few days in regards to the meteorite over Russia have been excellent.

I really wish Art Bell was around for this event. It has a Phoenix Lights vibe about it.

Tinfoil Hat

I think Clyde's great as long as he stays away from politics.

Yeah, when he gets on the topic of politics I tune out, coz I don't go to "paranormal radio" to hear about politics; I hear too much about that sh*t as it is just in turning the TV channels.  And when he goes on rants I don't care for him, either.  But the rest of the time, he's very good and he is nice and polite to the callers *most* of the time; I have heard him being pretty harsh with some if they don't agree with him, however.  So, he is hit and miss.  Still looking for some radio show or podcast that can replace c2c.

RHastings

Quote from: AC400KICK on February 26, 2013, 11:33:15 PM
Clyde's got one of the most polite callers I've heard anywhere. Clyde and the callers almost never talk over each other and pause to let the other answer them.

Not only does he have polite callers, Clyde is polite and respectful to callers that disagree with him.  It is truly special to hear a host who is not afraid to have a caller challenge him, allow the caller to say their side of the argument and then hear the host and caller engage in a respectful discussion of both their points. 

Also, Ground Zero's callers are quite intelligent as well

recently Clyde did a show about shortwave numbers stations that was very Art Bell-esque.
you can download/listen to it here

Tinfoil Hat

I really liked some of Clyde's early shows (the Thanksgiving one about the Roanoke colony was especially good), but he just can't stay away from politics.

First off, I don't want politics when I'm looking for a paranormal/ufo/strange phenomena show.

Secondly, I find Clyde's political memory to be incredibly short. A lot of the loss of liberty stuff he gripes about got its start under George W. Bush. "Patriot" Act , Dept. of "Homeland Security" & TSA anyone?

ItsOver

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on April 15, 2013, 09:01:42 PM
I really liked some of Clyde's early shows (the Thanksgiving one about the Roanoke colony was especially good), but he just can't stay away from politics.

First off, I don't want politics when I'm looking for a paranormal/ufo/strange phenomena show.

Same problem with "Ground Zero" here.  It's politics all day on the radio and I'm looking for something different at night.  I'm just not interested when Clyde gets into politics and conspiracy stuff.  To much mania and hyperbole when he goes off on conspiracies and his favorite topic,  memes.  ::)   I never thought it would be so difficult to come-up with something at least partially similar to Art Bell.  :(

onan

Clyde is a kiwi shined noory. He is more dynamic but he believes he is the show rather than the topic. Well that is my opinion from listening to less than an hour total of his shows... I can't take more.

jazmunda

I must say that being a recent convert to Clyde and his show I much prefer when his shows are about the paranormal. His political/conspiracy/religion shows are just meh. Having said that I would listen to those shows over any Snoory show.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: jazmunda on April 16, 2013, 02:27:33 AM
I must say that being a recent convert to Clyde and his show I much prefer when his shows are about the paranormal. His political/conspiracy/religion shows are just meh. Having said that I would listen to those shows over any Snoory show.

I'd rather listen to that Esperanto short wave channel than Noory.

ItsOver

White noise is more entertaining than Noory.  ;)

Morgus

I only listen to a Ground Zero downloadable podcast if Clyde has a good paranormal guest on, like he had Bill Birnes (of UFO Hunters) last week to talk about the incredible report of a 6" mini alien creature.
Clyde scooped Noory on that story, since Noory still hasn't had a guest on to cover that report yet and apparently Birnes and Noory split up and so don't expect Birnes to go on c2cam anymore.

Histronic Fop

Clyde Lewis is a slicker, more palatable version of Alex Jones.

He's been ranting about the Boston bombings, no longer calling it a false flag event but rather a "tension strategy" or "strategy of tension."  He went off on a rant (big surprise) about this the other night, using those variations at least 30 times in a ten minute period.  That was all for me that night.   ::)

ItsOver

I was initially holding out some hope for Clyde to become the next Art Bell but do not any longer.  Too manic, too delusional, not mysterious, and certainly not reassuring.  He appears to be a sharp guy, especially in comparison to someone such as Noory, but he's just "too out there" for me and seems really hung-up on conspiracies and wacko theories.  Where or where is anybody close to the next Art Bell?  Where is the next great talent for nighttime radio?  There is a huge vacuum (think Noory) that is screaming out to be filled!

ponyboysunset

Clyde frustrates me.  He will have great information, a great guest, and then go off on a caller. Meh, back to the stream I go, along with No Agenda, Trainwreck, and a bunch of music. It's too bad really, he has potential, and that is just frustrating to deal with hearing him yell at callers.

ItsOver

He's certainly no Noory, in the respect of "no holl'ern 'n uh scream'n allowed."

Murder101

I've listened to a few shows since last night and I'm starting to like this show. I may now hate the word "meme" but the show is very listenable.  One thing that is annoying is how in the Windigo episode he just absolutely refuses to even play with the idea of a hoax. He plays some sound like the callers asked but you can tell he's doing it because he thinks he's mocking the people suggesting it could be a hoax.

Gd5150

This whole site is a joke. People don't want to hear any conspiracies, or any of the C2C hosts. Did any of you idiots ever listen to c2c. This has to be one of the most pointless websites in existence. People whining about a show they haven't liked in 10 years. Haha! Absolutely zero interesting info here. Whine whine whine.