• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

pyewacket

I'm fairly new to Clyde's show and I feel bad that he's having serious health problems. I don't know if his overly emotional episodes are due to his illness or part of his personality. I do like his enthusiasm and the apparent interest he has in the subjects and his guests. He does have a nice radio voice and does a decent job in interviews. I can do without the religious overtones and over the top emotional reactions. all in all, I catch his show when I can.

I did listen to 2 hours of his Ouija board show. I give him points for not wussing out a certain radio host we all know. I was not familiar with his guest and was disappointed in the heavy bible influence and prophecy show it turned into. Not spooky or fun.

I've been aware of Ground Zero but didn't start listening regularly until this week. Holy crap what a neat show! I love all the cool audio segments and bumpers. It feels like Classic C2C but is totally it's own thing. I've only listening to about six or seven episodes so far but I really like this show. I think it's the successor to C2C.

b_dubb

Listening to Ground Zero show and Clyde has been going on and on about how the Philae lander is part of a conspiracy of some sort.  This fuck has no scruples or sense.  But I guess you have to have something to flap your gums about if you have a daily show. 

This is pure bullshit and I don't know why anyone bothers to broadcast it or why anyone would listen. 

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on November 18, 2014, 12:23:44 PM
Listening to Ground Zero show and Clyde has been going on and on about how the Philae lander is part of a conspiracy of some sort.  This fuck has no scruples or sense.  But I guess you have to have something to flap your gums about if you have a daily show. 

This is pure bullshit and I don't know why anyone bothers to broadcast it or why anyone would listen.
because the other premier radio late night host sucks .

Quote from: b_dubb on November 18, 2014, 12:23:44 PM

Yeah totally, a lot of this is bullshit. Clyde isn't anywhere as smooth as Art. I'm rather annoyed by how defensive he gets and how he shouts down negative callers. But the show is really well produced, Clyde is an intelligent engaging host and they're putting out a fuck ton of content. Like I said it feels like C2C but it's totally it's own thing.

The music and audio segments are epic. That's what hooked me and is making me a huge fan. I'll definitely regularly be tuning in late at night or catching their podcast. The show also has probably my favorite opening of any radio show out there.

Perhaps  that was true for me as well. However after a few months of THE LOUDSPEAKER SPOKE UP AND SAID at 10 dB louder than program level, just as your nodding off, well that gets old quick.
Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 18, 2014, 01:06:30 PM
The music and audio segments are epic. The show also has probably my favorite opening of any radio show out there.

albrecht

At first I HATED the intro, but having moved to where my trusty CCrane gets better reception and over the few years I enjoy it. He, here, is not on so late at night so it is not that jarring. I don't buy his stuff. BUT I like that he really knows a lot about religious esoterica and history (Mormon, I think, might do that do you) and his connection theories. Don't buy them...but neither do you. But, someone, apparently, does because it is odd how many missions, movies, corporate symbols, large buildings, etc are named, associated with, designed around, ancient legends, religions, etc. Joseph Campbell (and many others) make some more sense of it, maybe. And, of course, it is logical (same themes/stories are even today, with worse plot and CGI crap, churned out by Hollywood), somethings "stick".

Ahhh, Clyde did a most excellent show last week, explaining his intro music and how it came to be.
I have always like it, but this gave me a much greater appreciation.
http://www.groundzeromedia.org/negativland-battle-and-hum-of-the-republik/

I really admire Clyde...he does five hours every night, takes open lines like the boss, along with new music mixes that he does himself, AND an article with every show. Five days a week.

Probably gets paid peanuts.
He is some kinda old school amazing.

bateman

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on November 18, 2014, 05:21:53 PM
Ahhh, Clyde did a most excellent show last week, explaining his intro music and how it came to be.

I really admire Clyde...he does five hours every night, takes open lines like the boss, along with new music mixes that he does himself, AND an article with every show. Five days a week.

The amount of work he puts into every show really is astounding. His style may not be to everyone's liking, but he works his ass off, and it shows.

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on November 18, 2014, 05:28:50 PM
The amount of work he puts into every show really is astounding. His style may not be to everyone's liking, but he works his ass off, and it shows.
You have to admire the guy for his effort, all the while he's wrestling with his health. 

I can take or leave his intro music but I really liked the music he plays at the end of each hour.  When he first came on several years ago, I emailed him, asking what the music was and he emailed back.  At least the message was signed "Clyde."  He didn't even tell me "to getta life," as certain other poser hosts have been known to do.

The music is from "Edward Scissorhands."

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on November 18, 2014, 04:46:09 PM
However after a few months of THE LOUDSPEAKER SPOKE UP AND SAID at 10 dB louder than program level, just as your nodding off, well that gets old quick.

So does having your husband yell it every time he hears it on Clyde's show.  ;D

Clyde is definitely thin skinned when it comes to anyone disagreeing with him. I also don't care for or believe in his everything-is-connected rants and memes. If I never hear the word meme again, I'll be happy. That said, when he has a show dedicated to one specific topic, such as UFOs or a haunting, he's a great host. He's intelligent, engaged, literate, and puts out a good show. He makes Noory look like the true amateur he is.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on November 18, 2014, 05:21:53 PM

That is awesome. Yeah the sound design of his show is amazing. I became aware of the show from tuning in late night when Noory was god awful to "the other show" and being captured by the amazing audio segments in between the talk segments. Then when I found out they put out every show as a podcast the next day, man these guys are awesome.

That opening is soooooo good for a late night paranormal radio show.

[scary phone call between the President and a young girl]
"...Young lady there are no monsters in the oval office"
[Heavy drum and bass beat with police sirens]

SOOOOOOO GOOOD!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3IAQ-IbfW8

Tonight's show was excellent. I wouldn't write this unless I was blown away. Tonight Ground Zero looked at the Secret Space Program with one of my favorite guests of all time Peter Davenport. There's nothing I love more than secret government conspiracies. And it was awesome to have a well prepared host who could ask a quality guest decent questions.

A lot of Ground Zero is woo-y bullshit and when they're talking about politics or religion I tend to zone out. But if anyone is looking for a good introduction to Ground Zero, check out tonight's show about the Second Sputnik. You can also download the show as a podcast through the iTunes store which is how I listen.

bigchucka

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 18, 2014, 08:59:24 PM

[scary phone call between the President and a young girl]
"...Young lady there are no monsters in the oval office"
[Heavy drum and bass beat with police sirens]

SOOOOOOO GOOOD!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3IAQ-IbfW8

Back on page ten... 4 posts down... He got that from Dr. Who...

paladin1991

Chuckieboy!  Where u been?  How u doin?  Missed u.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 19, 2014, 07:09:32 AM
Tonight's show was excellent. I wouldn't write this unless I was blown away. Tonight Ground Zero looked at the Secret Space Program with one of my favorite guests of all time Peter Davenport. There's nothing I love more than secret government conspiracies. And it was awesome to have a well prepared host who could ask a quality guest decent questions.

Yes, last night's show was quite good. I tuned in during the second hour, so I'll probably go back and check out the first hour.

Heilsa,All!
I'm sort of iffy about the ailing Mr.Lewis.
I was a fan,even though i can't hear his show from my podunk local shout-4-hitler-rush-bo-garbage radio thingie.
I've been reading his posts,guests articles on Groundhog_0.
Until he seriously yumped the shark,letting Tom_Da_Void(C)dictate the halloweeny-ish episode of the seance for ghost_Gaik re:Zodiac Killer episodes.
I'm doing lots of research about the "Zodiac"Killer thing.
Mr'Void',has been loosing web-share really seriously for several years.
He's blocked off almost every other researcher from his site because they don't agree that his suspect is the zodiac.
His use of an deranged witness,a.k.a."White_Rabbit/Gold_Katcher"suggests he's trying an'rumpelforeskin'ploy,spinning an straw in-to clicky-ad gold.
No serious researcher or Law Enforcement KKold-Kaser takes Gold_Khaser seriously.
When Mr.Lewis used his mephestopheles card by letting "DaVoid"(C)dictate the kluster of shows/articles about Gaik,I cut back on my credibility scores for the articles on Clydes Groundhog_0.
Anny-one else know who the mystery Gold_Katcher is??

paladin1991

Anybody else have a spare decoder ring for this shit?

I can't stomach Lewis and his rants which make up a large majority of the show. Last time I listened he was spent at least 1.5 hours going on about how Ebola caused the black death, and since the plague was around 666 years ago this was obvious the plot of evil forces, and soon 50% of the worlds population would die. He was still ranting and raving like a lunatic when i turned him off.

His other political conspiracy theories include the Boston and sandy hook. I can only take him in very limited dosages. It is a sad state when Noory is more sane than you.

He does put work in but the musical mash ups he complies are complete racket, not something you want to listen to while trying to sleep.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2014, 01:48:56 AM
He does put work in but the musical mash ups he compiles are complete racket, not something you want to listen to while trying to sleep.
THE LOUDSPEAKER MUST WAKE YOU UP AND SAY! GROUND ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!
THE LOUDSPEAKER MUST WAKE YOU UP AND SAY! GROUND ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!
Que Godzilla, roll Godzilla, ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
GIVE UP, GIVE UP! GIVE UP!! Your right to sleep peacefully without this bullshit screaming in your earholes.

:D  I respect that folks trying to sleep would hate all the audio segments and opening. I'm a night owl or I listen later during the day, so I love it. I don't think I could sleep through it but it's super cool while working late at night to crank the volume on the opening all the way up.

I agree Lewis has a lot of eccentric and negative qualities. His political and religious bullshit is thick. But the guy is putting out several shows a week and has a lot of air to fill. My eyes glaze when he goes into rant or woo mode. I probably only listen to maybe half of his shows all the way through. But for all the woo-y bullshit on Ground Zero (C2C was also always largely woo-y bullshit) there's a ton of killer episodes. Just this week I thought the Secret Space Program and Kennedy Assassination episodes were awesome.

The pope episode this week was like pro wrestling nerds trying to explain old pro wrestling storylines.

My eyes glaze over when I hear anything about Shatsquat or Yeti or whatever its name is.
Also any quavering woman's voice proclaiming the wonders of the Brasilian paranormal, combined with the words "Earth Files"

Someone needs to make a collection of Clyde Lewis meltdowns. He had an epic freakout on a caller when they called him an agent of the Catholic church around the 3 hour mark.

I love that Ground Zero lets fun crazy not boring crazy callers through.

El Kragen

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 21, 2014, 08:24:48 AM
:D
I agree Lewis has a lot of eccentric and negative qualities. His political and religious bullshit is thick. But the guy is putting out several shows a week and has a lot of air to fill. My eyes glaze when he goes into rant or woo mode. I probably only listen to maybe half of his shows all the way through. But for all the woo-y bullshit on Ground Zero (C2C was also always largely woo-y bullshit) there's a ton of killer episodes. Just this week I thought the Secret Space Program and Kennedy Assassination episodes were awesome.

The pope episode this week was like pro wrestling nerds trying to explain old pro wrestling storylines.

Agreed. I really like his show but can only tolerate so much of it. When he's on he's fucking on. Clyde is a true professional and it shows. I just can't stand the weird airy fairy stuff, the "everything is a sign" BS and memes out the ass. there's a constant barge of callers quoting bible verses and arguing this or that about Jesus etc etc. *CLICK*

albrecht

I don't know or don't care (even if not, as he is, ill with all kind of cancers and problems- I don't know about the Nuke test family stuff or whatever cause) if he might (conjecture here) use various drugs and that could explain emotionalism, etc. As far as I'm concerned legalize them all even for recreation and eliminate the reasons why people might want them and address the reasons some might need them and provide in a rational, safer way (and take out the cartel and police forfeiture rackets.) -end rant- But I like Clyde's knowledge of religion(s), esoterica, etc and, though sometimes annoying, numerology. Certainly better than the "Numbers Lady" Norry trots outs all the time. He ties stuff together in interesting ways and gets into it. Not saying "I buy it" but interesting and, I have to admit, the first time I heard of ISIS (Muslim group) I thought first of the ancient god. Not due to Clyde but due to enjoyment of British Museum and fascination with ancient history/religions, etc. So was fun to see someone (news never touched subject) mention that BASIC association in names. (And it is weird how so much space stuff uses ancient names...not really if you read Campbell etc.)

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 21, 2014, 11:43:35 AM
Someone needs to make a collection of Clyde Lewis meltdowns.

Isn't that 80% of every show?

Wow Clyde Lewis went full retard last night over the Ferguson riots. "THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS BURNING!!!!"

Okay...  ::)

He's doing it again dammmmmnit! Now it's all caused by demons!
Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 25, 2014, 02:23:38 PM
Wow Clyde Lewis went full retard last night over the Ferguson riots. "THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS BURNING!!!!"

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 25, 2014, 02:23:38 PM

No surprising at all. I am sure Clyde ranted on and on how it was another sign of the thinning of the veil, break down in society, etc, etc.

In fact I am shocked Clyde made it past the show and did not have to go back into the hospital. Clyde works himself too hard, and sends himself into extreme emotional conditions. Sometimes I think he needs to be medicated/sedated or just plain locked up in the nut house for his own health.