• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

SgtRocko

I've been listening since they started carrying him instead of C2C repeats, and I'm hooked.  Except for a complete snoozefest with some Indian channeller guy, he's had INTERESTING and WEIRD stuff.  Snoory tonight has home remedies or something, which makes me miss Clyde.  He's warm, interesting - and unlike Alex Jones isn't an antisemitic psycopath who blames everything on chemtrails, the Joos, the Federal Reserve and Flouridation.  I like Clyde.  Would actually like to hear his entire show.

kf5iwe - I'm new to my Roku - where is Clyde on there?

BigDave

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 21, 2012, 08:54:48 PM
I've been listening since they started carrying him instead of C2C repeats, and I'm hooked.  Except for a complete snoozefest with some Indian channeller guy, he's had INTERESTING and WEIRD stuff.  Snoory tonight has home remedies or something, which makes me miss Clyde.  He's warm, interesting - and unlike Alex Jones isn't an antisemitic psycopath who blames everything on chemtrails, the Joos, the Federal Reserve and Flouridation.  I like Clyde.  Would actually like to hear his entire show.

kf5iwe - I'm new to my Roku - where is Clyde on there?

On tunein.com you can look up Clyde Lewis and listen to His whole show

sherry440

Well, I live in Portland, and I've not even heard of this guy....
Hey! Can someone please tell me why the Fine ArtbStream seems to be down?? I may never get to sleep again..
I still have Tune In's show out of Eugene, I guess. gotta have my Art Bell! Fine Art was my favorite site.

kf5iwe

The show is on KXL fm out of Portland Oregon. That station is carried on Tune IN on Roku. He actually goes out in to the field and does shows from ongoing UFO events and Haunted houses. It starts at 9:00 pm central time and goes for 5 hours, just like Art Bell in the old days. If you aint listening you are missing good radio.
KF5IWE
I dont miss Art so much anymore

LacyWoodrow

The station that carries him closest to me doesn't come in clear, but I've got it set for the next air time. So far I like what what I've heard about the show.

LacyWoodrow

I think I'm going to email the Groud Zero station and request David John Oat's do a reverse speech show. That would be entertaining nonetheless.

LacyWoodrow

Here's the reply I just got.
Hi Lacy
Thanks for the email and we appriciate the support!  We actually have done quite a few shows with david, and the shows we did with him in the spring were some of the best ive ever heard with david!  Check out our podcast and you can find them, and we'll have more interviews with david very soon!

Btw every 6 months or so david comes to portland,or to do a series of special lectures hosted by clyde so listen for those announcements!

Thanks again and if you have any other suggestions please let us know

Olav

Mels-hole1984

What I dont understand is, if he is out to exploit the illuminati and other secret societies, Why does he hold live events at a Masonic lodge?...Its right on his facebook page under events. I'm going to message him and ask him.

Mels-hole1984

So I asked Clyde and he said he wasn't a free mason. And as far as holding ground zero events there he said he wasnt afraid to go into the belly of the beast. I like his show alot, reminds me of the old coast days. He will never be Art but way better than noory.

Well yeah its a different show all together, with similar topics .. I hope as Clyde gets more popular he will have more caller discussion or better guests to mitigate his rants. I think the show will start evolving as he gets his name out there more *crossing fingers* . No need for another Alex Jones.

Juan

Interesting to me - Premiere is also syndicating a young, conservative loud-mouthed host who uses the name Andy Dean.  It appears that Cheap Channel thinks talk radio is still a viable format and is attempting to bring in a younger audience.

Unlike sNoory, Andy seems to have actually read the books his guests pitch. The boy needs to learn how to ask a question, though.  He needs to listen to the old Art shows.

ItsOver

It appears Clyde may actually answer emails.  I emailed the website's contact address, asking who did the choral music for the "Ground Zero" closing song at the top of the hour.  I got a reply back within the hour, signed by Clyde.  Guess it could be someone doing his replies for him, but at least I got a response.  In case you're interested, the closing choral music is from "Edward Scissorhands."  I'd never seen the movie so I would have never guessed it.  Best thing about Clyde is he's not Noory.

HorrorRetro

I've been listening to Clyde a bit more over the past week.  While he still tends to ramble on and on, he did have an interesting topic last night, the lost colony of Roanoke.  I didn't listen to the whole show, but it was interesting and he's clearly more intellectually curious than Noory.  It was a decent show. 

ItsOver

I didn't catch the whole show, either.  I agree that what I did hear was entertaining and, maybe I missed it, he didn't have any "expert" guest on to discuss the Roanoke colony either.  He was carrying the subject with some callers and what research he'd done.  No ranting, either.  I kept expecting to hear some caller claim the colony was abducted by aliens but, fortunately, no.  Too much listening to Noory.  ;)  One caller had some interesting background on Kentucky and another suggested maybe a hurricane had something to with the disappearance. 

Clyde definitely has some potential.  I'd love to see him take on Noory.  It would be no contest.  I keep hoping Premrat is running a little experiment and the clock is running out on the Nooron. 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on November 22, 2012, 03:34:05 PM
I didn't catch the whole show, either.  I agree that what I did hear was entertaining and, maybe I missed it, he didn't have any "expert" guest on to discuss the Roanoke colony either.  He was carrying the subject with some callers and what research he'd done.  No ranting, either.  I kept expecting to hear some caller claim the colony was abducted by aliens but, fortunately, no.  Too much listening to Noory.  ;)  One caller had some interesting background on Kentucky and another suggested maybe a hurricane had something to with the disappearance. 

Clyde definitely has some potential.  I'd love to see him take on Noory.  It would be no contest.  I keep hoping Premrat is running a little experiment and the clock is running out on the Nooron.

I heard the caller re: Kentucky.  That was interesting.  I hadn't heard that theory before.  And, while Clyde does tend to rant, this time he came off as educated on the subject, and he was clearly able to carry the show on his own without a guest hawking a book.

jinwicked

I just switched on the radio and heard this guy. They seem to have picked him up on 740 KTRH in Houston.

I am kind of uncomfortable with how much conspiracy-chatter is leaking into legitimate news outlets.

Still, good for anything that puts Noory on the defensive or dents his (imaginary) bragging rights.

El Kragen

Clyde was getting into Ian's territory the other night with the DB Cooper case. Galen Cook was on talking up the case. Interesting that Clyde claimed to know the suspect well and had a lot of personal information about him. Here's a link to the show if anyone's interested:

http://groundzero.fm/?p=episode&name=2012-11-29_20121128_groundzero.mp3

nbruin

He was a program manager for KXRX x96 they didn't like him and ended up letting him go.  I have some good friends still at that station. then he moved over to KBER 101 where Clyde started doing his late night show in the late 90's.  he would often go head to head with Art Bell.  He stated many times back then how he didn't like Art and would brag how he was #1 in the FM market. Well  truth be told Art was AM and was killing him at the ratings game.   I have friend at KBER who told me this. He thought he was bigger then he was and wanted to go into syndication in the inter-mountain west.  The station manager a personal friend told him to get lost and no way that was going to happen.  about that same time they started to lose advertisement on the show.  a few days later  Clyde and him had a big fight and the next day he was let go.  He then moved to Portland.  Got another job as a program manager and did an internet only show for many years. The one thing is for sure he does know radio.  However behind everything he seams to make more enemy's then friends.   

Nucky Nolan

I almost always forget to listen to Ground Zero. Our local station plays an hour of it before Coast on weeknights. It sounds like a good show for relatively younger fans of alternative programs and subjects. It has a cutting-edge vibe that resonates well with a lot of fans of contemporary strange stuff.

ItsOver

Quote from: El Kragen on November 30, 2012, 08:25:39 PM
Clyde was getting into Ian's territory the other night with the DB Cooper case. Galen Cook was on talking up the case. Interesting that Clyde claimed to know the suspect well and had a lot of personal information about him. Here's a link to the show if anyone's interested:

http://groundzero.fm/?p=episode&name=2012-11-29_20121128_groundzero.mp3

I thought that was a pretty good show, what I heard of it.  He's pretty good when he's doing something like DB Cooper or the Lost Colony of Roanoke.  He's pretty bizarre and hard to take when he goes off on conspiracies and rants.  He still makes Noory look like a brain-dead Mr. Rogers, though.

El Kragen

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2012, 08:17:57 PM
I thought that was a pretty good show, what I heard of it.  He's pretty good when he's doing something like DB Cooper or the Lost Colony of Roanoke.  He's pretty bizarre and hard to take when he goes off on conspiracies and rants.  He still makes Noory look like a brain-dead Mr. Rogers, though.

Agreed. I hope he gets more mainstream guests. Most of the time it's just background noise for me. He doesn't irritate me like George until he starts with a 10 minute rant or or too many callers in a row are talking about the accepting the savior and being soaked in the blood of Jesus.  **CLICK**

Kit Katz

Sampled GZ a couple times. First time, interesting and held my attention for about 45 minutes. Then the ranting tone became annoying. It's hard to concentrate on what someone is saying or trying to say when they go non-stop rant mode. I've tuned out several political commentators, even when the topics were timely and pertinent, for this same reason. One can make a point without blasting it out. When the novelty wears off, I'm thinking GZ will be just another of those pound-the-table conspiracy programs with a small, but probably dedicated following.

HorrorRetro

I gave it another shot last night.  Lasted about 30 minutes.  It was another non-stop rant.  Eventually, the words just blur together, and I turn it off.  If Clyde wants a large audience who actually listen regularly, he's going to have to learn to cut back on the rants.  It's not informative and it's not entertaining.  It's irritating.  Out of five or six attempts at listening, I've had one positive experience -- the Roanoke Colony show.  He didn't rant on that subject, he was informed, and he was able to keep me listening.  This rant crap has got to stop.

LacyWoodrow

It's good, but they need to hurry and expand their affiliates already. My radio dials in 100 country music stations, and not one can switch over? Blimey!!!!  :-[

Oh and I do get it in, but the signal is so weak I can't bare it.

Morgus

At least Clyde has free full show (without commercials) podcast mp3 file downloads on his website for past shows.
Noory on the other hand requires paying for a streamlink subscription to get that on his c2c shows.
Ground Zero also has a full 5 hours each night, like Art Bell did back in the 90s.
Noory is too lazy however and can only do 4 hours at most, often less than that by skipping out early and playing replays in the last hour sometimes.

The two shows are not in competition it seems since the same network (PremRat) carries both shows, and airs Ground Zero earlier in the evening, before c2c airs.

HorrorRetro

I'm starting to change my opinion of the show.  The past two nights, I've enjoyed it quite a bit.  It reminded me of the old C2C, '94 era.  Clyde rambles and rants too much during the first hour, but the second hour when there is a guest has been good.  I'm going to listen again tonight and see how it turns out.

Someone mentioned that they can't get the show due to reception problems.  I have the same issue; my local station airs the show, but my reception on that station falls off at 4:30 p.m.   So I listen at night through TuneIn.com. 

I tried to give Ground Zero a chance but the over production is just so annoying, starting with the 5 minute intro "The loud speaker spoke up and said...G....G...G Ground Zero" x 10

The calls to the show weren't that bad though but I am sure that will change as more and more of George's listeners start listening and calling in.  Pretty soon "Jan from Brooklyn" will be calling. ::)

Morgus

I listened to the free downloadable podcast of a recent Ground Zero show with guest Andrew Basiago, the purported child time traveler.
The callers were very good, far better than Noory's with some insiders with their own time travel experiences including a caller who had a visit from an older (47 years old) version of himself when he was 9 years old and was told about key events in his future, that have all come true. He will be 47 years old this year.

Noory doesn't seem to get those kind of interesting callers like Art Bell used to get.
Noory's screeners must only let thru those boring callers that just want to tell Noory he is the best.

kf5iwe

How long til Clyde Lewis takes over???

I predict by the end of 2013