• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

ItsOver

Yes, it's somewhat frustrating with Clyde.  It's hit and miss.  He's like a high-strung thoroughbred.  ;)

I was spoiled by Art.  Art was so consistently good, even when the topic wasn't that great, he could usually spin a pretty decent show.  To go from the Master of the Night to some klutz like Noory is truly "Beeyond Beeleef."  Thank you PremRat.  >:(

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 13, 2014, 12:50:09 PM
Yes, it's somewhat frustrating with Clyde.  It's hit and miss.  He's like a high-strung thoroughbred.  ;)

I was spoiled by Art.  Art was so consistently good, even when the topic wasn't that great, he could usually spin a pretty decent show.  To go from the Master of the Night to some klutz like Noory is truly "Beeyond Beeleef."  Thank you PremRat.  >:(
Maybe we should be bitching about Clear Channel. Don't they own PRN, and seemingly everything else out there in the radio world?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 13, 2014, 11:46:02 AM
Last night was an off night for Clyde. I listened for a few hours, but it wasn't something I was really interested in.

Agreed

bigchucka

I will have to admit this is the first scene I have ever watched from this series.  I'm guessing Clyde is a fan of the show...

http://youtu.be/8W98lh4ieCE

FallenSeraph

Clyde is crying. Everybody do a shot.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Seraphim27 on March 24, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

I did a muscle relaxer instead.

bigchucka

Quote from: Seraphim27 on March 24, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

Is there a rule for every time he says "You know what?"

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 24, 2014, 09:13:36 PM
About his stomach cancer?

no the 15000 incinerator babies story. Clyde's such a puss

Mels-hole1984

Peter Davenport is on with Clyde tonight.

albrecht

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on March 27, 2014, 09:29:13 PM
Peter Davenport is on with Clyde tonight.
I've wondered if Peter Davenport is related to  Louis Davenport (whose name was put onto the amazingly awesome Davenport Hotel in Spokane, still there and restored to awesome condition, or John C Davenport who founded Davenport, WA? The UFO Center is based there now in Davenport, WA, so?? A common enough name but to have such in a small area makes me wonder.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 27, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
I've wondered if Peter Davenport is related to  Louis Davenport (whose name was put onto the amazingly awesome Davenport Hotel in Spokane, still there and restored to awesome condition, or John C Davenport who founded Davenport, WA? The UFO Center is based there now in Davenport, WA, so?? A common enough name but to have such in a small area makes me wonder.

I wondered that years back when I learned he had moved to Davenport. I lived in Spokane for years and my father-in-law still lives there.  The Davenport is simply gorgeous. The Hall of Doges is my favorite part of the hotel.  http://www.spokesman.com/then-and-now/davenport-hotel-hall-doges/

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 27, 2014, 10:49:58 PM
I wondered that years back when I learned he had moved to Davenport. I lived in Spokane for years and my father-in-law still lives there.  The Davenport is simply gorgeous. The Hall of Doges is my favorite part of the hotel.  http://www.spokesman.com/then-and-now/davenport-hotel-hall-doges/
I wish some caller would ask him if there is any connection. Yeah, that hall is amazing. The whole hotel is one of the best I've ever seen, including Europe etc. So funny to me that such a fancy and nice place is in Spokane (don't get me wrong. I love Spokane but one would not think it a place of culture but it has some amazing buildings, hotels, theaters, etc. Most build when timber, mining, and the railroads brought serious dough into the region.)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2014, 09:43:46 AM
I wish some caller would ask him if there is any connection. Yeah, that hall is amazing. The whole hotel is one of the best I've ever seen, including Europe etc. So funny to me that such a fancy and nice place is in Spokane (don't get me wrong. I love Spokane but one would not think it a place of culture but it has some amazing buildings, hotels, theaters, etc. Most build when timber, mining, and the railroads brought serious dough into the region.)

Yeah, I hear you.  I have a love/hate relationship with Spokane lol. I always say I'm never living there again, but I seem to wind up back there every few years. I think we're settled on the other side of the state now, though, so we'll probably just go back to visit family and friends. I remember when the Davenport was basically abandoned and falling apart.  My now husband was taking a hotel management course at the time and was allowed to go in for a private tour with his class. The lady caretaker took them all around and told them stories about the hauntings she believed she witnessed in the hotel. It has quite a history, all of downtown Spokane does. In the Old Spaghetti Factory, there is a wall that's bricked over down in the basement. It was part of a tunnel system that led to various speakeasies during Prohibition.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 28, 2014, 10:51:45 AM
Yeah, I hear you.  I have a love/hate relationship with Spokane lol. I always say I'm never living there again, but I seem to wind up back there every few years. I think we're settled on the other side of the state now, though, so we'll probably just go back to visit family and friends. I remember when the Davenport was basically abandoned and falling apart.  My now husband was taking a hotel management course at the time and was allowed to go in for a private tour with his class. The lady caretaker took them all around and told them stories about the hauntings she believed she witnessed in the hotel. It has quite a history, all of downtown Spokane does. In the Old Spaghetti Factory, there is a wall that's bricked over down in the basement. It was part of a tunnel system that led to various speakeasies during Prohibition.
The "interesting" gunshow I ever went to was in Spokane. Man, they came down from everywhere. I thought we had a good element in Texas but, man, Spokane gun show took the cake. Classic. I think the state should be divided up cause the politics on one side are polar opposite of those,say, in Seattle. Spokane was really quite modern for the times. They had a steam system that heated lots of the downtown buildings (now the boilers etc is in that restaurant). The hotels had central vacuum systems. And lots of things that sound pretty cool, even to today. I haven't checked out the paranormal but I'll bet there must be. Especially in the old area that used to be the skidrow, prostitution, and shady bars (most all redeveloped for the World's Fair in 72). It was a central hub for railways so lots of hobos, workers, etc would stop off there.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2014, 12:09:27 PM
The "interesting" gunshow I ever went to was in Spokane. Man, they came down from everywhere. I thought we had a good element in Texas but, man, Spokane gun show took the cake. Classic. I think the state should be divided up cause the politics on one side are polar opposite of those,say, in Seattle. Spokane was really quite modern for the times. They had a steam system that heated lots of the downtown buildings (now the boilers etc is in that restaurant). The hotels had central vacuum systems. And lots of things that sound pretty cool, even to today. I haven't checked out the paranormal but I'll bet there must be. Especially in the old area that used to be the skidrow, prostitution, and shady bars (most all redeveloped for the World's Fair in 72). It was a central hub for railways so lots of hobos, workers, etc would stop off there.

Oh, yeah, politics is definitely divided by the Cascades.

Shortly after I moved to Spokane, we rented an apartment in an old Spanish-style bldg. in Browne's Addition. I didn't know very much about the history, since I was new in town, but I'd heard it was a bordello at one point. My husband viewed the unit and rented it while I was at work, so I'd never even been in the bldg.  That night, we started to move in. As I walked into our unit the first time, I had a glimpse of a man hanging from one of the large wooden beams on the ceiling. I told my husband and father-in-law what I had seen.  We've all had various paranormal experiences in our lives, so we just kept moving stuff in.

About an hour later, our new neighbors from across the hall came over to say hi.  One of the first things they said was that our unit as well as the rest of the building was supposed to be haunted. They said a man had hanged himself in our unit in the early 1900s! I was pretty shocked that I had seen it in my head and then had confirmation an hour later.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 28, 2014, 12:16:41 PM
Oh, yeah, politics is definitely divided by the Cascades.

Shortly after I moved to Spokane, we rented an apartment in an old Spanish-style bldg. in Browne's Addition. I didn't know very much about the history, since I was new in town, but I'd heard it was a bordello at one point. My husband viewed the unit and rented it while I was at work, so I'd never even been in the bldg.  That night, we started to move in. As I walked into our unit the first time, I had a glimpse of a man hanging from one of the large wooden beams on the ceiling. I told my husband and father-in-law what I had seen.  We've all had various paranormal experiences in our lives, so we just kept moving stuff in.

About an hour later, our new neighbors from across the hall came over to say hi.  One of the first things they said was that our unit as well as the rest of the building was supposed to be haunted. They said a man had hanged himself in our unit in the early 1900s! I was pretty shocked that I had seen it in my head and then had confirmation an hour later.
Weird. There used to be an abandoned house by Hangman's Creek (now they call it Latah Creek for some reason) it wasn't that old. Maybe the  early 60's. I think for the lineman or for the workers at the power relay station there. Anyway, it was abandoned but not torn down. And, oddly, not even really trashed out by teenagers or hobos. We used to dare each other to go in there as kids. I never made it past the middle steps to basement. It was creepy. Didn't see anything but that creepiness of a house abandoned with stuff in it, overgrown yard with swingset, overgrown garden plot, etc. A few years ago I was in Spokane and hiked down High Drive but they had bulldozed it down, though.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2014, 12:21:51 PM
Weird. There used to be an abandoned house by Hangman's Creek (now they call it Latah Creek for some reason) it wasn't that old. Maybe the  early 60's. I think for the lineman or for the workers at the power relay station there. Anyway, it was abandoned but not torn down. And, oddly, not even really trashed out by teenagers or hobos. We used to dare each other to go in there as kids. I never made it past the middle steps to basement. It was creepy. Didn't see anything but that creepiness of a house abandoned with stuff in it, overgrown yard with swingset, overgrown garden plot, etc. A few years ago I was in Spokane and hiked down High Drive but they had bulldozed it down, though.

My husband grew up on the South Hill and used to sneak out and night and go exploring in all the old abandoned places up there. We attempted to go to some of them, but most of them are all gone now.  :(  I now have the urge to go to Spokane this weekend lol.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 28, 2014, 12:26:36 PM
My husband grew up on the South Hill and used to sneak out and night and go exploring in all the old abandoned places up there. We attempted to go to some of them, but most of them are all gone now.  :(  I now have the urge to go to Spokane this weekend lol.
Same! I had family who grew up on the South Hill. Great place to grow up.

bigchucka

Ground Zero turns 19 tonight...

albrecht

Wow. I didnt know. But listened to first part then had to go. I guess it was work across networks n platforms (and even bars and Masonic Lodges (that will get some callers going!) Good for Clyde. Hard word n keep on trucking. Glad he made nationwide. Hope he keeps it n not place holder etc. Commercials local In first hour was repeat of Glenn Beck for a friggin teddy costume for Christmas n about 3 diff meds to allow "performance". Course Opening Day etc but still....an Xmas Beck commercial lead commercial for a program now?

bigchucka

Can't photoshop worth a fuck... Clyde likes memes, correct?

Someone needs to do Clyde's pic on top with the paraphrase "I don't support Bundy's racist statements"... below a pic of Art "That's cute."

I'd personally rather be called a racist than a fucking child molester.

Got up to first 5 min or so of when he started with Oates. Was talking about someone being called a racist and had to turn it off before my fucking head exploded.  And I like Clyde...

FallenSeraph

If you're bored:

We're all watching this live stream of Demon Doll Nickel on Ground Zero tonight:

https://www.teslawolfmedia.com/free-live-streams/

Creepy clown doll locked alone in a room that occasionally moves.

And Ground Zero (the show) streams here if you're not a regular listener or it's not on your local affiliate or whatever: http://www.groundzeromedia.org

albrecht

So recently on GZ Clyde has mentioned websites and possible internet shows? I've never checked any of them out but is he going down this road, like George with his "internet tv show?" Some people like radio! Everything doesn't need to be online and stream-able video. With radio you can be doing other things and still listen or just set back, shut your eyes, and relax. I hope he still keeps it radio and the online stuff will just be extras (or like with Art when he'd have Whitley on to show pictures of some anomaly.)

Good old amateur atheist bill called up.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 18, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
Good old amateur atheist bill called up.
I didn't hear it but the GNS thread said he mentioned that he listens to GZ now instead of George! He needs to update his dating profile on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/radioatheist

I keep trying to give Clyde a shot. I can't handle his bull shit rants. Thinning of the veil, weird crazy far fetched connections between unrelated events.  Anyone who fails to see point of view is a moron. He frequently gives these stark raving mad rants too.

I do enjoy listening to Clyde Lewis. He should be the new host of Coast.

bigchucka

Clyde puts out better shows than Noory does.  They're most "host and caller" driven though... I bet Clyde could do a better job with the guest pool than George does...

Another thing I like is you can get GZ for free on SoundCloud...

Quote from: bigchucka on June 21, 2014, 12:24:50 AM
Clyde puts out better shows than Noory does.  They're most "host and caller" driven though... I bet Clyde could do a better job with the guest pool than George does...

Another thing I like is you can get GZ for free on SoundCloud...
We should doing something to remove Snoory and put in Clyde on coast.