• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

Histronic Fop

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 08, 2013, 01:54:36 AMThis whole site is a joke. People don't want to hear any conspiracies, or any of the C2C hosts. Did any of you idiots ever listen to c2c. This has to be one of the most pointless websites in existence. People whining about a show they haven't liked in 10 years. Haha! Absolutely zero interesting info here. Whine whine whine.
Well, gosh, we're sure glad you took the time to register, become a member of this joke of a website and post a message to call us idiots. Sounds like you're one, too.

jazmunda

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 08, 2013, 01:54:36 AM
This whole site is a joke. People don't want to hear any conspiracies, or any of the C2C hosts. Did any of you idiots ever listen to c2c. This has to be one of the most pointless websites in existence. People whining about a show they haven't liked in 10 years. Haha! Absolutely zero interesting info here. Whine whine whine.

Hi George/Tommy!

HorrorRetro

George Knapp is Clyde's guest tonight.  Very good show so far, but Bill the amateur atheist/astronomer from West Hartford had to call in and ruin it a bit.  Tomorrow night's guest is Nick Pope, which sounds like another good one.  Hope Clyde sticks with guests like these for awhile and gives the conspiracy theories a bit of a rest.  I've always enjoyed the UFO-themed shows more than the conspiracy and/or new age crap.

HorrorRetro

While listening to the show with Nick Pope last night, I heard that LMH might be a guest on Clyde's show while they are all at the McMinnville UFO festival.  If the past two nights are any indication, Clyde seems to be taking over the "classic" guests from C2C's good old days.  I hope that's the case, because the last two shows have been great, very reminiscent of C2C of the '90s.  Let Clyde take over the paranormal guests and the Nooron can keep all the new age and snake oil fraudsters

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on May 17, 2013, 11:04:46 AM
While listening to the show with Nick Pope last night, I heard that LMH might be a guest on Clyde's show while they are all at the McMinnville UFO festival.  If the past two nights are any indication, Clyde seems to be taking over the "classic" guests from C2C's good old days.  I hope that's the case, because the last two shows have been great, very reminiscent of C2C of the '90s.  Let Clyde take over the paranormal guests and the Nooron can keep all the new age and snake oil fraudsters

I heard a little bit of Clyde's show last night and it wasn't bad.  As has been noted, when he sticks to the paranormal, especially UFO's, he's pretty good.  If he would just stay on topic, I can listen to him.  It's when he goes all hyper and manic on weird memes  ::)  and conspiracy crap that I just can't take him.  Throw that garbage to Noory and Wells!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on May 17, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

I heard a little bit of Clyde's show last night and it wasn't bad.  As has been noted, when he sticks to the paranormal, especially UFO's, he's pretty good.  If he would just stay on topic, I can listen to him.  It's when he goes all hyper and manic on weird memes  ::)  and conspiracy crap that I just can't take him.  Throw that garbage to Noory and Wells!

Yeah, I completely agree.  I think manic is a good word to describe him when he's doing his stream of consciousness rants.  He tries to tie every mundane event into something of significance, and it just doesn't work.  I do hope these past couple shows are a glimpse of things to come.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorRetro on May 17, 2013, 11:04:46 AM
yes - good to see Clyde doing a live show at that UFO conference and getting some of the guests there like Linda Howe, Nick Pope, and George Knapp.
Noory used to have Linda to live reports at a UFO conference years ago but hasn't done that since then. He is totally ignoring these recent UFo conferences instead flying around to do his own events and record his TV video podcast...

Murder101

Is anyone else having trouble with his iTunes feed?I can  only go back like 6 shows all of a sudden.

Sleepwalker

I hope Clyde Lewis never takes over.  If the few times I listened are any indication, he's into politics, conspiracy theories and ranting at his callers. That's not my idea of entertainment.  Instead of getting nasty with a caller, it's much easier to just cut him off and go to the next caller.  If I'm ever going to listen to Coast to Coast AM again, it's going to require a jovial, easy to listen to host who likes to talk about science (real science) and technology, UFOs and the paranormal.  I'm sure he'd never agree to do it, but my idea of a perfect Coast to Coast host would be Dan Aykroyd. 

11angeleyes11

I've never listened to Clyde Lewis, so I cannot comment on his style of presentation, however, I did see that he did broadcast live last evening from the McMinnville, OR UFO Festival.  I had read the previous posts and thought he was just covering the event, not being there in person.
Linda Moulton Howe and George Knapp from Coast were there presenting.  Also, Jim Sparks and Nick Pope were pictured. 
What strikes me most is that this is, or should be the heart of Coast, and where was the show last evening?  Now, I did enjoy JB, but this is just a reflection of how far the show has digressed from its core audience.  I don't go to the Coast Facebook site often, but I read some of the same comments there. 
Writing in the field, I find this comment worthy. 

HorrorRetro

LMH was a guest with Clyde last night.  Unlike George who thinks it's cute to play elementary school pranks on her, you could tell Clyde had a lot of respect for her.  They talked about the old cattle and horse mutilation cases back in Colorado and how all that got started.  She commented about the oldest cases she could find, which were a rash of sheep mutilations in Australia in 1911.  Pretty interesting stuff, I think, but UFO cases and related subjects have always been interesting to me.  Again, in the future, I hope Clyde sticks more with this format than his conspiracy theories, because I've really liked the show over the past few nights and have actually looked forward to listening to it.  I can't say that about any radio show over the past decade.

Histronic Fop

He's the Alex Jones of the Pacific Northwest.  And one Alex Jones is already one too many.

Morgus

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on May 18, 2013, 10:16:08 AM
I've never listened to Clyde Lewis, so I cannot comment on his style of presentation, however, I did see that he did broadcast live last evening from the McMinnville, OR UFO Festival.  I had read the previous posts and thought he was just covering the event, not being there in person.
Linda Moulton Howe and George Knapp from Coast were there presenting.  Also, Jim Sparks and Nick Pope were pictured. 
What strikes me most is that this is, or should be the heart of Coast, and where was the show last evening?  Now, I did enjoy JB, but this is just a reflection of how far the show has digressed from its core audience.  I don't go to the Coast Facebook site often, but I read some of the same comments there. 
Writing in the field, I find this comment worthy.

Noory was off flying to some event so took last night off.
Shows that Noory doesn't really care about big UFO and paranormal events to totally ignore this. He is too busy for that stuff nowadays with his payTV video podcast taping it seems.

Good for Linda Howe to go with Clyde at his live UFO event coverage, appearing at the first hour c2c was on live too...

Clyde Lewis also offers totally free download mp3 podcast files of his show from the previous night and earlier - no pay subscripition like Noory requires for his shows...
I just downloaded last night's Ground Zero mp3 podcast and its over 3 hours long without commercials, I recommend it.

elbee

Just one small drawback morgus,

Its SHIT

elbee

The problem, with all these radio shows and podcasts, is that they start out with a reasonable premise - say a subject on ufo's or mysteries, then they go into "consciousness and werewolves" and its all gone to SHIITTTT

Histronic Fop

And Lewis, like Alex Jones, thinks every tragic event is a false flag event -- oh wait, tension strategy or strategy of tension. Like Jones, this dimwit could find a conspiracy in a banana pudding.

Murder101

One thing that makes me laugh is how he talks about The Rake like it's real. It's a fucking Creepypasta character.  It's like talking about The Slenderman.  I'm fine with that when talking about the idea of tulpas or if you're just having a episode about modern scary stories but to act like it's even a real urban legend is silly.

Reminds me of this
The Slender Man on Coast To Coast

Clyde doesnt do too well when he has no guests, ends up like an occult Alex Jones. When he does have guests (well good guests) he does decent to great shows.

Get more guests in Clyde, or try more open lines! Oh and quit getting all emotional, sounds like you're trying to hold back  :'( tears :'( [size=78%] [/size]on the mic half the time at the start of the show.

Ill tune in until you rant crazily alone I promise.

astroguy

I'm in the middle of listening to my first - and hopefully last - Clyde Lewis show:  The May 20 "Cosmic Collateral Damage" show.  The amount of stuff this guy has no f---ing clue about but is willing to spout his wrong information about it is amazing.  I already listen to three or four insane people, I don't need to add another.

(For example, him continuously replaying an NBC newsguy's quote about an asteroid passing 15x the distance to the moon from us at the end of May, but he was saying that you should stock up on cans anyway ... Lewis kept on the "what does he know!?" bent when the clear answer is that the news anchor was an idiot.)

Sleepwalker

Clyde Lewis should get a job that fits his skill set.  Like pushing a broom around an elementary school.  Or changing people's oil.  The sooner Lewis, Alex Jones, George Noory, John B. Wells and Glenn Beck get their sorry asses off radio the better off America will be.

There's got to be somebody out there who is in his right mind and isn't a snake-oil salesman.  Some radio guy who believes in entertainment.  Good stuff like ghost stories,  UFOs, private pilots claiming to fly over Area 51, guys  like Mel who have a bottomless hole in his backyard.  It's like sitting around the campfire telling ghost stores.  We know it's all bullshit but it's fun - in the middle of the night.

I like Clyde Lewis. But there is a lot of stuff that he could do to improve his show
1. Get rid of stupid bumper "music". Keep the creepy music if you must, just get rid of the racket.
2.Open lines have topics like art used too.
3. In the middle of a good show don't go off on a tangent in the middle by spending 2 to 3 hours talking about Vincent Price or something!
4. Keep  the high level of enthusiasm. This is what separates your from Snoory.

Meanandnasty

He will be taking Ian's weekend spot.

OldTimeRadio

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 23, 2013, 09:45:14 AM
There's got to be somebody out there who...
Yeah, I've been wondering this a lot lately.  You would effing think that with all these people in the world there'd be somebody who would wander up, even unintentionally, and pull the sword from the stone.

jazmunda

Quote from: Meanandnasty on June 05, 2013, 11:58:21 PM
He will be taking Ian's weekend spot.

Is this wishful thinking, conjecture, inside knowledge or fact?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: jazmunda on June 06, 2013, 03:11:14 AM
Is this wishful thinking, conjecture, inside knowledge or fact?

I hope he's not.  I don't want Clyde to be associated with the crapfest Coast has become.  Clyde's show has its own problems, all of which we've laid out above.  There needs to be a clear separation between the two shows.  I can't see any good coming from him being part of Coast.

elbee

Sorry, can I just add my point again, CLYDE IS A COMPLETE CUNT - ALEX JONES MIXED WITH NOORY=LEWIS=CUNT FUCK OFF SHUT UP

jazmunda

Quote from: El Bee on June 06, 2013, 04:44:12 PM
Sorry, can I just add my point again, CLYDE IS A COMPLETE CUNT - ALEX JONES MIXED WITH NOORY=LEWIS=CUNT FUCK OFF SHUT UP

Please stop being so vague. Tell us how you really feel about him.

Quote from: El Bee on June 06, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

El bee
I am sorry clyde slept with your wife and ruined your marraige.