• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 31, 2015, 11:55:39 PM
But wouldn't you rather be prepared instead of blindsided? Does it fear monger to buy insurance for your health, car and house? Just because something sounds outrageous doesn't mean it cannot happen....imagine if someone 10 years before 9/11 called into Art Bell and rambled some nonsense about planes being used as weapons and he cut them off before they could explain it, sometimes people have strange ideas and insights, and yes sometimes it maybe a repeat of something already going around, Art does as good job of letting it loose and reigning it in when needed....I give him credit where it maybe due.

At this point I feel right with God.  If I die tomorrow then that's okay.  Sure, I'd like to live for a long time more but it's okay either way.  I stopped worrying about the end of the world years ago.  Before that, however, I was in that mindset.

zeebo

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2015, 11:56:43 PM
I'm glad I won't be here to see that.

Yeah but your consciousness on a chip in a robot might ... ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on August 31, 2015, 11:51:39 PM
Of course rovers do these things well right now.  That does not mean humans will never visit Mars or even settle on Mars.  Absolutely not.   :)

By the way, Earth is also a rock.  You're living on a rock.

I live on the rock I evolved on according to the conditions of said rock's atmosphere. Going to Mars? Well, not exactly the most friendly place to Earth life. Given that robotics technology is advancing so fast that MER is already very obsolete, there will come a point where we can send a Mars rover that will exceed our ability as humans to explore a world. This will happen before we get our crap together to do a human mission to Mars, if we even care about Mars in 20 years. Europa may be more interesting by that point.

jazmunda

Wait a minute. Is Art allowing pirates to advertise now. I like it. ;)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 31, 2015, 11:59:12 PM
I live on the rock I evolved on according to the conditions of said rock's atmosphere. Going to Mars? Well, not exactly the most friendly place to Earth life. Given that robotics technology is advancing so fast that MER is already very obsolete, there will come a point where we can send a Mars rover that will exceed our ability as humans to explore a world. This will happen before we get our crap together to do a human mission to Mars, if we even care about Mars in 20 years. Europa may be more interesting by that point.

Right, but Mars is on the way there.  No way humans aren't going to check it out first.  It's logic.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on August 31, 2015, 11:58:38 PM
Yeah but your consciousness on a chip in a robot might ... ;)

Say it isn't so............. :'(

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 31, 2015, 11:57:53 PM
At this point I feel right with God.  If I die tomorrow then that's okay.  Sure, I'd like to live for a long time more but it's okay either way.  I stopped worrying about the end of the world years ago.  Before that, however, I was in that mindset.

So no reason to get prepared fro a crisis? No need to help your kids or their kids ,etc? What about them? Maybe you don't have them? Not everyone would die right away, many would suffer long and agonizing deaths from who knows what.

jazmunda

"Sign up (to RCH) tonight before you fall asleep again."

I think they should redo that commercial for RCH. It makes it sound like people fall asleep during his show.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 31, 2015, 11:48:30 PM
That may be the case, however it doesn't matter what the state of the art is at the time the mission is launched, it is more a matter of the technology available when the mission is originally planned and given the congressional green light. The new MPCV (Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle) and Heavy lift Rocket are turn of the millenium technology are NASAs current technology - that will be the technology they will use.

The advance of technology is exponential rather than linear. It goes faster the further along you get. We've already seen indications of this. We spent decades building ITER to try to master fusion, but it went obsolete last year when Lockheed announced the compact fusion reactor. We'll very likely have functioning deployable fusion energy before ITER even gets switched on.

zeebo

Quote from: brig on September 01, 2015, 12:00:25 AM
Say it isn't so............. :'(

Sorry, guess I made it sound a little dreary.  On the plus side though, you'd probably have super-human strength.   :)

TigerLily

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 31, 2015, 11:52:26 PM
"No offense to that guy . . . ."

No. Please. Offend the (asshats!) Coast Insiders
Defined

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 01, 2015, 12:00:30 AM
For the record, I would vote for the pro-Space, pro-Weed, pro-Progressive ideas, pro-LBGTQNHLCIA, pro-Economy party if it existed. But we have the we're going to steal your money for the elite in the name of white people and Jesus party and the we're going to steal your money for the elite in the name of shitty broken social programs and pussying out worldwide party.
hey!! I belong 2the IM GUNA WAIT 4 SOMETHING TO SAVE ME PARTY😋

norland2424

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on September 01, 2015, 12:00:27 AM
I believe this wil happn wen alienz invade sept 23😒

your gonna be ok bro, just another day to smoke up

AppealPlay

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 01, 2015, 12:01:01 AM
So no reason to get prepared fro a crisis? No need to help your kids or their kids ,etc? What about them? Maybe you don't have them? Not everyone would die right away, many would suffer long and agonizing deaths from who knows what.

I've no children, no.  It isn't that I don't believe in preparing it's just that I don't believe in fearing the future.  Would I rather be prepared for a disaster than unprepared?  100%.  Will I worry over the potential of future disaster?  No.

Quote from: brig on August 31, 2015, 11:56:43 PM
I'm glad I won't be here to see that.

too late. humanity plus (+) is already possible.  8)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 01, 2015, 12:00:03 AM
Right, but Mars is on the way there.  No way humans aren't going to check it out first.  It's logic.

Mars is a dead world that may support some kind of microbes and is very hard to land on. Europa may support more than microbes and isn't all that much harder to land on than the moon. I think there will be a shift against Mars at some point.

And, again, when you get to the point where robots outdo humans as far as exploring a planet, then why take the risk?

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 01, 2015, 12:01:01 AM
thatz wen humanz become food 4 humanz. All u fat people wil b a BUFFET wile Me the vegetarian wil only b a appetizer😀

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 12:04:12 AM
I've no children, no.  It isn't that I don't believe in preparing it's just that I don't believe in fearing the future.  Would I rather be prepared for a disaster than unprepared?  100%.  Will I worry over the potential of future disaster?  No.

I don't worry about a car accident or cancer or whatever, but I still have insurance. The worst that could happen I would not need to use it, the best, I'm ready for a major crisis or even a mild one. Death seems pretty normal, no reason to even believe in any religion to understand it, though it helps some people, so I can't knock it.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: norland2424 on September 01, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
your gonna be ok bro, just another day to smoke up
we'll if alienz land im hoping  they have some killa space budz😯💨💨💨😎 i will match up

AppealPlay

How many people have died since the beginning of man?  Well, let me check my crystal ball for you, fella. ::)

zeebo

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on September 01, 2015, 12:06:20 AM
thatz wen humanz become food 4 humanz. All u fat people wil b a BUFFET wile Me the vegetarian wil only b a appetizer😀

Watch out man, that means you're gonna be first.    :P  :D