• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Worst Guest Ever!

Started by Lunger, May 29, 2009, 07:17:47 AM

robey1129

As far as guests go...I guess I am pretty much bored shitless with Mrs. 8. Say what you will with all those traditional ones....I remember Art taking time to qualify each with their own accomplishments whether it be where they worked or education. I don't recall this being done much lately with the Noordon. It's like: "Here's my guest....they wrote this book...." kinda thing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on June 05, 2010, 07:44:59 PM
And aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh those fake smarmy interview infomercial ads with Roseanne and Tanya Roberts for some timeshares or something.
you mean they're STILL playing that shit?  still?

That one show was weird where the guest was a Dr who was going to discuss psychedelics but was all tripped out and Art went to commercial and when he came back he was gone because of a "cold."
haha, i remember that.  it was from back in 2006.  can't believe it was that long ago, actually, now that i think about it.

anyway, i think the guy has tourette's but for whatever reason he just didn't want to admit it.

awguy

I have another one now, Bill Waggoner. George had him on a couple weeks ago talking about internet privacy. I was really looking forward to this show and thought George was going to have a credible guest on the subject. Instead, Waggoner turns out to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist with no real evidence to back up what he was saying. I had never heard of him before but upon further research, it turns out that Waggoner doesn't have the biggest fan club.

Supernormal

Quote from: awguy on June 08, 2010, 09:01:55 AM
I have another one now, Bill Waggoner. George had him on a couple weeks ago talking about internet privacy. I was really looking forward to this show and thought George was going to have a credible guest on the subject. Instead, Waggoner turns out to be a paranoid conspiracy theorist with no real evidence to back up what he was saying. I had never heard of him before but upon further research, it turns out that Waggoner doesn't have the biggest fan club.

Is that the guy who accused one of the callers of stalking him? That's the guy that I want in charge of my security....not.

punkinpie

Quote from: MV on June 01, 2009, 11:14:11 AM
the 4 horsemen...
richard hoagland, ed dames, linda moulton howe, and whitley streiber.

bring on the locusts.

I've got to agree with Linda Moulton Howe.  I never listen when she's on.  There's something about her voice that bothers me.

punkinpie

What was up with this Jim Karol guy last night? :P

I was cracking up when he said that he was walking with his kid and something told him to move the child to his other hip.  He saw a little man that looked two inches tall coming toward him.  Um, yeah........  Wacky!!!

I don't mind LMH that much except for the uncomfortable flirting between her and Georgie. He loves that, then he takes the rest of the night off while she has her own production going.

Someone mentioned the vampire lady, I remember George getting po'ed at her for fiddling with her phone.

There was a guy a few weeks ago on a Friday talking about demons who I found overly annoying. He kept getting cut off, and of course, George refuses to blame it on a crappy phone and instead say "They don't want you talking!". (on edit: Jim Karol.......thanks to the post above me!)

Sean David Morton is an ass. Pure and simple. Idiotic predictions and every time he comes on he has something else to hawk as far as new-age medicine. I haven't heard him in awhile, though.

The Glenn Beck interview/promotion. Uggh. Hey George, I thought this was a show that was different from the daytime radio BS?

And of course, Hoaxland. The space advisor. He probably creams every time Geo says that.

I don't mind Friday nights when they bring on someone who wrote a book about TV, but it's always Dark Shadows and Twilight Zone. There are plenty of great shows to talk about George......move on.

Oh, and I forgot Jerome, or Jerry Corsi. This guy has a new angle every time he's on.

punkinpie

Joshua P. Warren has topics that are interesting to me.  I really liked him talking about the haunted doll the other night.  Then.....I went to his website.  There are some super shady things going on there.  He has 'Joshua P. Warren Presents: Money Science Works, Guaranteed!' and some strange thing about how to make a Wishing Machine and magic wand.  That's a few notches down on the credibility meter for me.

valdez

Quote from: punkinpie on July 19, 2010, 01:57:54 PM
Joshua P. Warren has topics that are interesting to me.  I really liked him talking about the haunted doll the other night.  Then.....I went to his website.  There are some super shady things going on there.  He has 'Joshua P. Warren Presents: Money Science Works, Guaranteed!' and some strange thing about how to make a Wishing Machine and magic wand.  That's a few notches down on the credibility meter for me.

He has a tendency to get on my nerves, but that doll story was creepy, and if he actually spends a night with that thing, I will be impressed.

I'm going to nominate David B. Sereda. Listening to the stream today when John Hutchinson and David B. Sereda were on with Art. Now it was supposed to be Hutchinson's time and Art even said at the beginning of the interview that he didn't know why Sereda was there. I personally find Hutchinson and his effect very fascinating as it's really on the edge of our understanding of modern physics. Sereda proceeded to ramble on and on about his typical space bullshit and how his looney bullshit is loosely connected to Hutchinson for 95% of the interview. Barely heard a word from Hutchinson (who was supposed to be the subject of the interview) I also hate Sereda because he's a less intense Richard Hoagland. Same rambling know-it-all space conspiracy egotistical bullshit but he isn't as pompous or aggressive as hoaxland. I'd also like to point to Sereda's debate with former NASA mission controller and debunker James Oberg who absolutely pwned Sereda and made him look stupid. Sereda in future shows with Art claimed Oberg was behind some conspiracy where broadcast transmissions were interrupted and men in black were involved.

MV/Liberace!

i don't recall if it's been covered yet in this thread, but the WORST guest EVER would have to be UFO freak billy meier's "american representative" michael horn.  what an arse log.  no credibility whatsoever.  do you guys recall the interview art did with him several years ago, and at the end of the interview, as the music was fading in, horn revealed he's hawking a fucking music cd he produced?  art was clearly nonplussed.  what an awful way for an already dubious guest to lock out.

edit:  here's a page where you can hear samples of horn's cd.  absolutely ponderous horse shit.  additionally, he sings about as well as a throat cancer patient.

Quote from: MV on July 21, 2010, 07:53:36 PM
i don't recall if it's been covered yet in this thread, but the WORST guest EVER would have to be UFO freak billy meier's "american representative" michael horn.  what an arse log.  no credibility whatsoever.  do you guys recall the interview art did with him several years ago, and at the end of the interview, as the music was fading in, horn revealed he's hawking a fucking music cd he produced?  art was clearly nonplussed.  what an awful way for an already dubious guest to lock out.

edit:  here's a page where you can hear samples of horn's cd.  absolutely ponderous horse shit.  additionally, he sings about as well as a throat cancer patient.

I couldn't agree more. If you're looking for the stereotype of the worst C2C guest, this is the guy. A bald relic of the new age with a high pitched voice who's using the Meier gimmick to push his sham merch.

"What do you mean this audio recording of a UFO Meier took in the 70s isn't enough to prove that Meier has been contacted by aliens his entire life, flown through the galaxy on their space ship, and was instructed to spread their message through the world?"

I do listen to the Horn shows from time to time though just because it was one of the more hefty whiffs of bullshit on C2C and Art usually great dealing with those guests. Plus Horn is an energetic con mac, it's fun and sometimes hilarious watching him dodge and deflect. However the fact that this man has been a multiple time guest is just horrifying. So I'll second MV's nomination.

On a sidenote, I'm so fascinated about the Meier business model. I made a thread about this awhile ago. There's a ton of loons running around using Meier's name to peddle their various bullshit. I wonder if Meier is selling franchises like the Ufology McDonalds or if people just blatantly rip his story.

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on July 17, 2010, 05:10:25 PM

Sean David Morton is an ass. Pure and simple. Idiotic predictions and every time he comes on he has something else to hawk as far as new-age medicine. I haven't heard him in awhile, though

U.S. Securities and Exchange CommissionLitigation Release No. 21433 / March 4, 2010

SEC v. Sean David Morton, Vajra Productions, LLC, 27 Investments, LLC, and Magic Eight Ball Distributing, Inc., defendants, and Melissa Morton and Prophecy Research Institute, relief defendants, Civil Action No. 10-CV-1720 (SDNY) (DC)

SEC Charges Nationally Known Psychic in Multi-Million Dollar Offering Fraud

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2010/lr21433.htm

they have a copy of his newsletter online
http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/2010-34-newsletter.pdf

Quote from: 999 on July 22, 2010, 10:06:34 PM
U.S. Securities and Exchange CommissionLitigation Release No. 21433 / March 4, 2010

SEC v. Sean David Morton, Vajra Productions, LLC, 27 Investments, LLC, and Magic Eight Ball Distributing, Inc., defendants, and Melissa Morton and Prophecy Research Institute, relief defendants, Civil Action No. 10-CV-1720 (SDNY) (DC)

SEC Charges Nationally Known Psychic in Multi-Million Dollar Offering Fraud

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2010/lr21433.htm

they have a copy of his newsletter online
http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2010/2010-34-newsletter.pdf

Has this ever been mentioned on the show? It always gets me that C2C will entertain any BS rumor about someone or something they don't like floated out there by questionable news sources, yet never mention when a friend of the show is in actual legal trouble.

Just want to make a nomination of last night's first guest, "Profiler" Pat Brown. That's a subject I'm interested in, but I found her knowledge to be about as deep as anyone who's read a lot of cheap books on the subject, and her constant giggling while recounting horrible stories was rather offputting.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on July 22, 2010, 02:46:10 AM
I wonder if Meier is selling franchises like the Ufology McDonalds...
haha, nice one.  this line made me guffaw.  imagine if it were the case!!  oh, wait... you don't really have to imagine.

b_dubb

worst guest ever ... HOAGLAND'S HAIRPIECE

a close second ... christain von lahr.  the guy's a fraud/psycho

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 29, 2010, 10:37:08 PM
worst guest ever ... HOAGLAND'S HAIRPIECE

a close second ... christain von lahr.  the guy's a fraud/psycho
you should go see the thread where von lahr joined this forum and posted for a week or two.  the guy is absolutely bat-shit nuts.

MV/Liberace!

holy shit.  speak of the devil.  michael horn is on the stream right now.

they just returned from a break, and horn starts hawking his dvds, and here's the dialog:

art:  so, i guess since you're on, i'd like to give you the opportunity to plug whatever you want to plug.
michael:  ok, well there are my dvds...
art:  you're going to have so get a lot louder.  i can't hear you.
(sound of the dial pad being pushed on horn's phone)
michael:  inaudible
art:  what are you doing?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA

god i love art.

Chupacabra

Id say Lionel Winthrop, I stay clear away from the ''realplayer'' link when hes on.

mylesstam

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on May 29, 2009, 08:27:19 PM
Alex Jones is an intentional nutcase.

Aside from his C2CAM appearances, I've listened to his show - the Alex Jones Show - a few times and it could be pretty good if it were a 4-hour weekend show like Bob Brinker's Money Talk. He probably actually has about 4 hours of really good content per week. Unfortunately, he has 23 hours of programming to fill so you end up with 4 hours of good content sprinkled across 23 hours of absolutely unbelievable crap that stretches all bounds of credulity.

My biggest problem is that he announces the most bizarre things and, 90% of the time, his proof is always "JUST GOOGLE IT!"

"It's all right there people! Just google 'robot invasion', 'zac effron' and 'new world order'!"

Also, he's supposedly only 34 but he looks like he's at least 10 years older than that.

No doubt Alex jones is tops on my list of C2C nutcases. Ed Dames... up there. Hoagland over stayed his welcome. Any prediction psychic or channeling show. Anyone talking politics with Noory has to be a crazy bat. At least Art did real political talk radio before C2C. He had the experience and street cred.

Glen Beck reminds me of Alex Jones except toned down slightly for wider consumption.

Linda M Howe. I like her. At least she talks with credibility born from research. I also think she is super cute.

MV/Liberace!

there is NO WAY alex jones can be only 6 years older than me.  wikipedia says he's 36.  i can't buy that.  he looks mid forties, easily.

punkinpie

OH MY GOODNESS!  I am turning 36 at the end of this month.  God help me.  :(

Chelsea Handler claims to be 35.  I think not.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on September 07, 2010, 05:12:54 PM
there is NO WAY alex jones can be only 6 years older than me.  wikipedia says he's 36.  i can't buy that.  he looks mid forties, easily.

thanks for putting this meathead's head front and center on my display.  i puked in my lap. 

he resembles an undercooked hunk of dough

MV/Liberace!

seeing alex jones' face reminds me of sauerkraut.

Spinner

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 04, 2009, 06:36:01 AM
That was one of the most awkward moments. I actually thought to myself "can she suck the life out of Noory? PLEASE PLEASE kill him with your vampire suck? Then I thought, "what the hell does he have to offer her? Nothing. He is brain dead already."

Funny you should say that. A few years back when I first heard of psychic vampires on C2C, I thought that George Noory was a real psychic vampire becausee just sucks the life off the show.

Spinner

I just can't stomach Lionel Fanthorp, Steve Quayle, Jerome Corsi, and Whitley Streiber. Particularly Lionel Fanthorp - OMG!!! What a windbag!
And I can't stand shows about EVP, so if I know that will be the topic, I just tune out.

C2C has probably had hundreds of nutjobs and BS artists (Ed Dames, the Zeta-talk woman, Sylvia Browne, Michael Horne, etc., etc.) but I don't mind them - they can be very entertaining. :D 

But listening to people like Fanthorpe, Corsi and Quayle, and the EVP shows make me want to take a baseball bat to my radio. Ugh!

There are probably others I'm forgetting.

NightOwl

Everytime i scroll down this page, i forget about that big face on a big head, twice!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NightOwl on September 27, 2010, 12:36:21 AM
Everytime i scroll down this page, i forget about that big face on a big head, twice!
HAHA, i was like, "wtf is he talking about?"  then i scrolled up to see, and it scared the shit out of me.

Quote from: punkinpie on September 07, 2010, 05:30:00 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!  I am turning 36 at the end of this month.  God help me.  :(

Chelsea Handler claims to be 35.  I think not.

Hard living does that to you. She's made no secret she drugged, drank and whored her way around LA in her 20's.

EvB

True enough --- This is Judy Garland in her mid-30's