• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: chefist on September 07, 2017, 11:06:40 AM
Just curious.

I believe so.  And it looks like I posted this five hours before I actually did.  Spooky. :P

albrecht

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on September 07, 2017, 11:11:40 AM
I believe so.  And it looks like I posted this five hours before I actually did.  Spooky. :P
Yeah, it is weird. Maybe the server was moved and is using local time at that location? Spooky stuff.

aldousburbank

Just curious.

Not only did BG go down, I'm pretty sure it took it in the butt too.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 07, 2017, 11:38:43 AM
Not only did BG go down, I'm pretty sure it took it in the butt too.

goatse gif inserted here...yes, pun intended.

Gd5150

Just curious.

I figured the BG headquarters and resort must have been located in Barbuda and were destroyed by Irma. Or maybe I said something offensive and was put in quiet time. Nice to see it survived the storm.

Juan

I couldn't log in for a while. Thought I was banned.

Hog

Quote from: crescent fresh on September 06, 2017, 09:15:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCM1seqnAuY
Cmon, we all know that the Limited Slip Differential in a Plymouth would be called a "Sure-Grip" like the rest of the MOPAR traction aids.
My Uncle had a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 with the 426 Hemi, 4 speed manual trans, with the Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gears and a Sure Grip. 1 of 24 built.
He restored that 500 and then bought a Testarossa with 7,000miles on it.  He could have actually bought 2 Ferraris for what he got for the 500.

peace
Hog

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on September 07, 2017, 10:05:11 PM
Cmon, we all know that the Limited Slip Differential in a Plymouth would be called a "Sure-Grip" like the rest of the MOPAR traction aids.
My Uncle had a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 with the 426 Hemi, 4 speed manual trans, with the Dana 60 rear with 4.10 gears and a Sure Grip. 1 of 24 built.
He restored that 500 and then bought a Testarossa with 7,000miles on it.  He could have actually bought 2 Ferraris for what he got for the 500.

peace
Hog
And now these friggin electic cars with their transmission-less system will beat out the latest Supercars, and Muscle Cars, etc in 0-60 or drag races (not on top-end total speed or racing on track though due to the limits of their motor.) I have not seen Musk testing them against top-fuel though....they are close to beating?

If you happen to live up there, might be worth a trip outside to take a peek.   Just pinged my Daughter to take a looky loo

http://www.aurora-service.org/aurora-forecast/

Hog

Quote from: albrecht on September 07, 2017, 10:18:32 PM
And now these friggin electic cars with their transmission-less system will beat out the latest Supercars, and Muscle Cars, etc in 0-60 or drag races (not on top-end total speed or racing on track though due to the limits of their motor.) I have not seen Musk testing them against top-fuel though....they are close to beating?
Yes, the electrics do well.  Don Garlits did some testing in an electricdragster.  It was weird as all you heard were the slicks attempting to sustain traction.  The car looked just like a top fuel dragster.

EDIT: Electric motors do have the advantage of making 100% torque at 0rpm, where the ICE must rev up to its torque/power peaks.

I'm betting that the new mid engine C8 Corvette with the new LT5 DOHC V8 will be augmented by electric drive at the front wheels. 

The C7 Corvette 2018 ZR1 will have a centrifugal supercharger with a power peak of 8000+rpm and a torque peak at 7900rpm.  No more 1.7 liter Roots TVS blower like the current LT4 uses.  Rumoured to use 32+ psi of boost, I wanna see the intercooler setup on that beast.

If all cars go electric, I'll have to have the "thump" of a V8 playing through the stereo.  I'd way rather go natural gas than electric IMO.

peace
Hog

I want a 1970 Cuda converted over to electric all wheel drive with a 426 Hemi running the alternator to charge the batteries.

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on September 08, 2017, 07:57:37 PM
Yes, the electrics do well.  Don Garlits did some testing in an electricdragster.  It was weird as all you heard were the slicks attempting to sustain traction.  The car looked just like a top fuel dragster.

EDIT: Electric motors do have the advantage of making 100% torque at 0rpm, where the ICE must rev up to its torque/power peaks.

I'm betting that the new mid engine C8 Corvette with the new LT5 DOHC V8 will be augmented by electric drive at the front wheels. 

The C7 Corvette 2018 ZR1 will have a centrifugal supercharger with a power peak of 8000+rpm and a torque peak at 7900rpm.  No more 1.7 liter Roots TVS blower like the current LT4 uses.  Rumoured to use 32+ psi of boost, I wanna see the intercooler setup on that beast.

If all cars go electric, I'll have to have the "thump" of a V8 playing through the stereo.  I'd way rather go natural gas than electric IMO.

peace
Hog
For racing wouldn't the electric cars despite the "no transmission" aspect come quickly up against a weight issue- fly-away essentially? Even with whatever design on ground effects, spoilers, wings, etc? I imagine they are, even with batteries, less weight than a normal car (especially where a short run is needed.) Recall even "normal" engines and technology needed to be held back in things like F1 because it was getting too ridiculous and dangerous. Recall the use of fans to help "suck" the air out from the bottom and al the various crazy fins and ground-effect configurations (and 6 wheels!)

ps: I have a friend who buys the latest and greatest Corvette every year. And restores old ones (now that he made money he doesn't restore them himself though. Ha.) But I await this next one you mention. That is crazy. A bit too crazy, honestly. Awesome.

aldousburbank

I just had a weird thing happen.

I decided to watch some anti-scientology vids on the youtube. After watching the second clip, all my phone network capabilities went down. No data on wifi or cellular mode. So I went to the verizon retailer. Normally these guys are the opposite of helpful. But this kid (verizon employee) played with the phone settings for about 15 minutes and finally isolated the problem- adblocker app. I deleted the app and the phone worked normally again. So ok, back at home and I decide to continue with the anti-scientology viewing. It turns out that every anti-scientology clip I've watched has pro-scientology ads.(!) Ok, I've watched hundreds of youtube vids and logged lots of browsing hours and I never experienced any issues with adblocker, until I watched that first anti-scientology vid. Just saying...

But that's not the weird thing that happened. What it was is this- it's the very first time that anybody in the verizon store was genuinely helpful and did not try to upsell me. Amazing!

(Edit) Posted at 4:20 Pacific Time heh.

Jojo

Quote from: timpate on September 21, 2010, 02:52:37 PM

Comcast We Care......
ok i have had to deal with this god forsaken company many times. They tell you they are always around when you need them. The people on the phone when you need second tier help. They Techs talk to you like you are a fucking retard. The price they quote you on the phone is never the same as what shows on your fucking bill. I recently had service with them. I had internet and cable. They cable always fucked up. What I mean is the line that is ran from the pole when the wind would blow would drop my signal. I would call them and say can you please send out one of your techs. They would come out and find nothing. I have had 6 times had a tech out to my house. All the times but ones was it for the fucking internet. My wife who has no idea how networks or modems work told comcast that it was the modem. Ok so after 6 times they show up at the house and say yeah its your modem. They claim they wear boot covers and respect your home. This fucker of a tech came out and tore my living room out and was rude to my wife my kids and told me to get my DOG My fucking 3 pound Chihuahua called it a mutt. Fuck you don't come into my house and talk to my family like that. One time he came out the tech stole my signal amp. I called Comcast and told them the tech stole my amp. He had to bring it back to my house. Anyhow I have had the worst experience with this shit of a company.
Fuck that company. I wish the company would give you what you pay for and offer a better product. This company needs to be evaluated again. Motherfuckers. 

You are not alone.

Jojo

Quote from: chefist on September 06, 2017, 03:45:14 PM
I heard Bear Grylls use the word, "slippy". I had never heard that before...only "slippery" or "slick".

Is "slippy" the common term in England? Reminded me of, "slurpee".
I think transmissions can be slippy, like when a standard car clutch shifts itself, or when an automatic won't go all the way into gear.

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 03, 2017, 06:54:49 AM
That's rather unfair. I'm 100% positive that you're a stupid cunt.
He is not stupid!!!

Jojo

News reporter who say, "a 'uge disaster".  If the "h" is not pronounced, the it is "an" not "a".

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2017, 05:20:14 PM
I just had a weird thing happen.

I decided to watch some anti-scientology vids on the youtube. After watching the second clip, all my phone network capabilities went down. No data on wifi or cellular mode. So I went to the verizon retailer. Normally these guys are the opposite of helpful. But this kid (verizon employee) played with the phone settings for about 15 minutes and finally isolated the problem- adblocker app. I deleted the app and the phone worked normally again. So ok, back at home and I decide to continue with the anti-scientology viewing. It turns out that every anti-scientology clip I've watched has pro-scientology ads.(!) Ok, I've watched hundreds of youtube vids and logged lots of browsing hours and I never experienced any issues with adblocker, until I watched that first anti-scientology vid. Just saying...

But that's not the weird thing that happened. What it was is this- it's the very first time that anybody in the verizon store was genuinely helpful and did not try to upsell me. Amazing!

It was the solar flare, no doubt.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on September 11, 2017, 12:00:28 AM
He is not stupid!!!

I appreciate having a cheerleader. It is so choice. If any of you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Quote from: Jojo on September 11, 2017, 12:04:04 AM
News reporter who say, "a 'uge disaster".  If the "h" is not pronounced, the it is "an" not "a".

Perhaps they should just stick with reporting the news, instead of trying to virtue signal by mocking Trump

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Laurakinch on September 12, 2017, 06:47:49 PM
WTF?! Whoever's responsible for that hideous thing should be horse whipped.

Floral tribute? Looks like it's made of egg shells and other garbage.

You're taking the whole BDSM thing a bit far aren't you?   ;D

I thought this comment was funny:

Roger Fearn wrote: “Our shops our closing, our Market stalls are empty, we have homeless people in our bus station, our football team is crap and now this.”

pate

H'all 'opped up and nary a goof-ball(sp) to be found.!?

Carry On;

pate

Weevil ditches and their uncontrollable hurms*

ediotL; (SP) mm,hm,mm*

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 10, 2017, 05:20:14 PM

Hey Aldous! How's it going? Good to see you're still around this place