• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
If/when I heart radio does belly-up, I wonder what will happen to C2C. It is still a valuable asset.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on May 07, 2017, 12:37:55 PM
If/when I heart radio does belly-up, I wonder what will happen to C2C. It is still a valuable asset.

C2C must be worth millions, just for it's warehouses of Dinovite and Superbeets alone.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 05, 2017, 09:16:51 PM
I seem to remember JJ saying he lived in a rather bad spot in the south side of Chicago. They have already had over 1000 gunshot victims this year. Hope he is ok. Not like him to be gone this long.

Hate to sound sappy but something I don't like being in online communities, when someone disappears you have no idea what happened. I always found JJ posts entertaining especially  om GNS thread. I miss seeing that Miley avatar .

Kolchak

I'd never heard this before, but it's kind of amazing. Dave's "exactly" really seals it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6q0iuCJ4MA

albrecht

Quote from: Kolchak on May 07, 2017, 07:12:23 PM
I'd never heard this before, but it's kind of amazing. Dave's "exactly" really seals it.

Ha. You never heard the "threatening the Hoover" bit before?  I believe blamed on medicine, or "exhaustion" like the Hollywood types use.

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on May 07, 2017, 05:53:57 PM
Hate to sound sappy but something I don't like being in online communities, when someone disappears you have no idea what happened. ....

I still miss Georgie For Pres.  He just stopped posting one day.

A BellGab favorite.  My favorite part was even though Ian was clearly out of it, he was still speaking with his phony breathless, over-the-top, authoritive, enthusiasm - even though it's all gibberish. 

Now that he's a ''professor'' at some podunk college, I'm guessing half his students think he's just so smart and funny, and the other half want to strangle him.

wow

he starts out slurred but coherent asking Jorch if he saw any of the World Cup soccer action and then just completely goes over the cliff

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 05, 2017, 09:18:22 AM
You're right that Elohim is accepted as a singular noun, but I've always read that it is basically a plural word and should be strictly read as 'the spirits' or 'gods', or even more accurately as 'the sons of El' or 'Bel', who was basically a fertility god in the early centuries of Judaism (takes me back to reading Exodus - the novel, not the Biblical book - as a boy) when the concept of multiple gods was not ludicrous but the accepted belief system, as in all religions prior to the emergence of Mosaic law and the rise of monotheism and the Rabbinical tradition. The problem of 'Elohim' was glossed over by ascribing it titles like 'God of gods', making it singular and plural simultaneously.
It underlines that Genesis, like most of the Old Testament is a strange mix of myth, tribal propaganda and history and is entirely unreliable as a witness to anything. There are two separate versions of the Creation story, for example, neither of which should be given any greater credence than the creation stories of the Navaho or the Aborigines of Australia or the Dogon of Africa.

Blasphemy is one thing, Gravity Sucks, but while it's a concept I don't recognise, I'd make a sharp distinction between blasphemy and utter drivel, which was what was spewing from Daugherty's mouth last night. The guest's phone cut out again last, sending Joorch into his usual tailspin and was once again speculating that this happens whenever they discuss something controversial. The only reason I could imagine why 'they' would want to have cut the guest off last night would be to protect the intelligence of the audience. He also, when Daugherty referenced some sexual reading of something or other, cut across him to say that this is 'Family Radio Hour'. ????? Well after midnight where I was listening! Delusional moron.

-GNS

Elohim originally was gods plural, it's Canaanite. Like all the ancient civilizations of the Near East Canaanite religion was polytheistic, many gods. Stepping outside the Biblical version of how the Israelites/Jews came to be - they were indigenous Canaanite people, kin folk, who coalesced into the Israelites of the Bible. El was the Zeus of the pantheon of Canaanite gods, the top guy, Elohim which is Ugaritic (Semitic language) means children of El. Remember the stories/history that are in the OT are written down hundreds of years after the fact so like the children's game of broken telephone the stories/history/traditions passed on generation by generation contain a lot of distorted facts and lots of made up shit to fill in gaps of knowledge and some just to create an epic entertaining myth/story. Somewhere along the line this god Yahweh who was not a Canaanite god, worms his way into these Israelites lives, he becomes their god, he leads them into war and helps them defeat enemies. Scholars think the Yahweh character camee from Egypt and migrated its way north where the Israelites hooked onto him.  Over time as they grew in numbers and created an identity separate from the peoples around them they merge El and Yahweh into one deity. This is why in the OT the same God is referred to as Elohim and as YHWH, same deity with two names.

The Israelites were NOT monotheists to begin with, monotheism developed over a very long time. El actually had a wife, a goddess named Asherath - archaeologists have found statues of her in Israelite settlements that date back to a time when if you believed the Bible version of history that just wouldn't be.  It's also right there in the Ten Commandments, thou shall not worship other gods before me, rabbis will come up with their biased interpretation of that commandment because it's inconvenient to them to accept that it is literal, God was acknowledging that there are other gods out there, but you Israelites you ignore them, I'm the top guy, and if I find you worshiping the other gods I'm gonna ruin you all. And that's the story of the Israelites in the OT, apostasy, not obeying Yahweh, worshiping other gods and paying the price for it.

The belief that their god Yahweh is the only god, that he created everything, came even later when the final redacted version of the Torah was done after the Babylonian captivity in 537(?) BC.

I believe in none of the Bible literally but I am fascinated by the work of Biblical scholars who have for a couple of centuries been doing detective work piecing together the history of the Israel of the Bible and the development of the Bible and the religion based on it which leads to the offshoots of Christianity and Islam.

zeebo

Guest says angels pose for her to paint them, and afterwords her paintings become 'portals'.  Also the angels might actually be E.T.'s, so it's safer just to call them 'star friends'.

GravitySucks

I am pretty adept at holding my own energy.

I love this Jorch move, he has a well informed guest on like tonight's expert on the war on drugs. The guest spends an hour or two providing his opinion based on research and personal experience, then somehow Jorch who knows nothing about any subject matter tries to take credit for the same work, without doing any work whatsoever 'Folks, I've got some news for you, we are NOT winning the war on drugs, I've been saying that for a long time'

He does it all the time. 

What is the difference between this lady who talks to angels and a schizophrenic? 

Jojo

Quote from: Here We Go Again on May 07, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Great shot of what two losers and fakes in this world look embracing each other. That Church implies our astronauts never went to the moon and are liars, cheats and rotten people when only such as him have the truth and integrity of real men and among mankind.

Church is nothing but a loser who talks. He never did anything nor can do anything in life but shoot his fool mouth off and attempt to build his worthless self up by trying to discredit real people who do in this world. Far less than being half a man himself. A real piece of sh*t, excuse my language, for being among those who indeed know some "truth of this world" and call it the way we see it.
Tha shirt looks good on George.  And the glare in his eyes makes them look blue!  Quite a nice photo!

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 08, 2017, 01:34:16 AM
I love this Jorch move, he has a well informed guest on like tonight's expert on the war on drugs. The guest spends an hour or two providing his opinion based on research and personal experience, then somehow Jorch who knows nothing about any subject matter tries to take credit for the same work, without doing any work whatsoever 'Folks, I've got some news for you, we are NOT winning the war on drugs, I've been saying that for a long time'

He does it all the time.
I love when Jorch takes on an authoritative tone and acts like he's the great prognosticator.  He sounds like a real toad.

Jorch is full of crap.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 08, 2017, 01:51:54 AM
What is the difference between this lady who talks to angels and a schizophrenic?

She gets to hear George sing at woo-woo conventions, and be on his show?

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 08, 2017, 06:53:07 AM
She gets to hear George sing at woo-woo conventions, and be on his show?
And maybe get a little sweet Jorch lov'n.  :P

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2017, 06:58:44 AM
And maybe get a little sweet Jorch lov'n.  :P

Yes, visual proof of what Ben Fuchs stated the other night. Now George Noory is the epitome of what we should be. Know if you waste a few hundred dollars a month on their unproven supplements, you will end up looking like that. Or maybe the "Healthy Brain Pack" with give you Noory's incredible intellectual firepower. Sad sack of Jorch seen in that photo. Gotta love the hairpiece bit with the glue seeping out and that guy obviously not even knowing it. 

Another cheap carnival hack in the second half last night. Another person who is out to fool people and claims "money doesn't matter" but that doesn't mean them. It means they can rip off gullible and ignorant people by being "activated" and "awakened" by spewing a nonstop stream of b*s that only stupid people would believe.

Then that guest spoke later on about achieving "miracles," which to her was obtaining material things. She mentioned nice houses and cars and such. Gee, didn't she earlier say such doesn't matter? The typical cultist. That means YOU shouldn't have those things -- but give up what you have to provide for her instead and her ideal of "The Golden Calf." What a fraud artist.     

But that hack joins Joel Wallach by being honored to be on what both have called "The George Noory Show." What is that? It's called "Coast To Coast AM" one Art Bell founded and grew. Noory just took a turnkey operation and screwed it up as he did ever thing he ever did -- professionally and personally. The guy is a huge loser. A self-absolved, insecure narcissist. A big liar, to boot. But since the world is full of dumb suckers, he gets paid for his incompetence and is allowed to run his own little world that has no bearing or credibility in our real world.

Last night, we heard again about "people with dark clouds over their heads" that "need help." By that, Noory means anyone who sees through his lies, scams and hucksters and feels he is the one to define right-and-wrong in this world. He is not. That's why every time he ventures out in the real world, he gets humiliated and quickly retreats back into his own dark, little world where he rules like Satan in hell. 

Who in the hell put Jorch in charge of defining good and evil in this world? Other than him? Odd he fails to note the hucksters he promotes and the possibly scams he conducts. Real "light and truth of the world," huh? Get real.

Disagree with Jorch -- Geno -- or his army of hucksters and get ready to be "in need of help" What a putz. What an embarrassment to Premiere Networks, or worse at humanity itself. 

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2017, 05:42:53 AM
I love when Jorch takes on an authoritative tone and acts like he's the great prognosticator....

My fave is when he waits for the guest to explain something complicated, then afterwords rubber-stamps it with his authoritative "Yep, that's right." 

Juan

I listened a bit last night. I was most disappointed to learn that the emerging artists are once again being shortchanged as they are played only during the first half of the show.

During the interview of the angel lady, George seemed more engaged than I've ever heard him. He must think she's hot.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 08, 2017, 12:57:45 PM
My fave is when he waits for the guest to explain something complicated, then afterwords rubber-stamps it with his authoritative "Yep, that's right."

Or when the guest explains his entire life's work on a groundbreaking theory of the state of matter just prior to the Big Bange, the amount of energy required for the Big Bang the early creation of the universe, and George follows up with "What do you think about the Big Bang?" 

First guest mentioned that he knew Hunter S. Thompson, and George blurted out:
"To Kill a Mockingbird!"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Étouffée on May 08, 2017, 01:26:35 PM
First guest mentioned that he knew Hunter S. Thompson, and George blurted out:
"To Kill a Mockingbird!"

::)

Quote from: ItsOver on May 06, 2017, 03:37:42 AM
Add that to Jimmy's frequent expressions of Jorch-love.   :P

Just grabbed a couple recent Jimmy shows hoping he's toned down all that bullshit radio guy flourish he thinks is cool. NOPE.
So much cringe.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2017, 01:11:01 PM
Or when the guest explains his entire life's work on a groundbreaking theory of the state of matter just prior to the Big Bange, the amount of energy required for the Big Bang the early creation of the universe, and George follows up with "What do you think about the Big Bang?"
LOL.  That's always hilarious.  Usually, there's the stunned silence from the guest, followed by a halting recap, in an attempt to simplify things enough for Jorch to at least recognize, but realizing it's hopeless to expect Jorch to have any actual comprehesion.  It would be like expecting a four year old to understand quantum mechanics.

GNS

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2017, 02:11:40 PM
LOL.  That's always hilarious.  Usually, there's the stunned silence from the guest, followed by a halting recap, in an attempt to simplify things enough for Jorch to at least recognize, but realizing it's hopeless to expect Jorch to have any actual comprehesion.  It would be like expecting a four year old to understand quantum mechanics.

GNS

I do not understand the root cause of his habit of asking a question that was just answered, sometimes in excruciating detail. I doubt that even he can be that stupid. Some contribute his ineptitude in framing questions as to simply following his 3x5 cards. I doubt it is that simple.

I think he gets distracted by watching instant messages scroll by, checking the twitter feed and searching paranormaldate.com and doesn't realize what the guest had just discussed.

While that is painful, at least you get to hear the answer, albeit twice. What is more frustrating for me is when the guest goes on for 7 minutes telling an interesting story, and then "We have to take a break, but we will pick that up right here when we return...". 8 minutes later and the inevitable segue is "So tell me, how did you get involved in ..." and we are left in the dark as to whether or not the Big Bang was actually a portal for Angels carrying mean babies to another multiverse.

GNS

Dateline

Quote from: Here We Go Again on May 08, 2017, 08:39:23 AM
Yes, visual proof of what Ben Fuchs stated the other night. Now George Noory is the epitome of what we should be. Know if you waste a few hundred dollars a month on their unproven supplements, you will end up looking like that. Or maybe the "Healthy Brain Pack" with give you Noory's incredible intellectual firepower. Sad sack of Jorch seen in that photo. Gotta love the hairpiece bit with the glue seeping out and that guy obviously not even knowing it.

Yes, around the circuit, he is known in hushed circles as Mr. Paranormal EZ-PLEZE.