• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"proof" that "they" are monitoring this board

Started by WOTR, February 27, 2012, 02:54:46 AM

WOTR

I keep noticing that topics brought up on this board end up with some comment onair.  Tonight Knapp mentioned that (to pharaphrase) "sometimes stations change ownership and formats and drop Coast.  To keep up to date, consider subscribing to streamlink."

This is not the first time that I have noticed that a topic of discussion on this board has been taken up on Coast.  I know that Coast disappearing from some stations has been touched on here briefly and that no mention was made on air.  However, suddenly there have been quite a number of comments about stations dropping C2C like a hot potato under the "Noory sucks" thread and now I hear the official explanation of "ownership and format changes and they stop broadcasting Coast."

I thought that I would start a thread to see if other people have noticed or do notice these coincidences in the future.  As George says "I don't believe in coincidences."   :P

MV/Liberace!

well, if art bell is aware of this forum and has even posted here a couple times, you can be SURE the suits at premiere radio are reading this forum.  they even had one of their lawyers send us a DMCA notice once because of a few clips of c2c that were attached to posts.  soooo... yeah, they know about us.

My ears perked up when I heard that comment as well.

Speak of the devil...

Lovely Bones

Quote from: WOTR on February 27, 2012, 02:54:46 AM
I keep noticing that topics brought up on this board end up with some comment onair.  Tonight Knapp mentioned that (to pharaphrase) "sometimes stations change ownership and formats and drop Coast.  To keep up to date, consider subscribing to streamlink."

WOTR, I'm glad someone else heard this.  Just mentioned it on the Noory Sucks thread.  I thought it was Knapp kind of winking at us.

To answer your question, no I don't think it was a coincidence.  But I don't think what Knapp said was necessarily part of Premiere's plan. Art, also separate.  Other stuff like the reference Michael made, yeah. 

IOW, I think there's "them" and I think there's "them."  If that makes sense. 

I appreciate the shout outs from George.  Anytime he refers to 'thuh haters' out there.  Usually he seems jovial, like it's evidence he really is a well known public figure, other times he talks about his online presence through gritted teeth.   The all time great shout out was when he said they 'live in mud huts and steal electricity from their neighbors'. That was really inspired, so much better than the 'they don't have jobs and live in their mothers basement' stuff.

My favorites are when he tells one of his personal stories - the ones that don't seem to quite ring true but still make him seem creepy.  After the holes in the story are pointed out and he is ridiculed, he'll go back on the air and either change the story a little or add some details to make it more plausable. 

One that comes to mind is the time he fell into a mud hole in Austin while on the road.  To be a true Creepy George story, he had to send Tommy out for a change of cloths and be seen naked by the window washers.  So he came back on a few days later and added that he was just stopping off in Austin while flying between LA and St Louis and didn't need to carry an extra change of clothes.   So no extra clothes were needed for an overnight in Austin.  Ok George, got it.

After being roundly mocked, he now makes a real effort to correctly pronounce 'the Shroud of Turin'. 

As he is slowly, carefully, drawing it out, one can almost hear the gears clicking while he's trying to not say Shroud of Urine.  Doesn't help much, he's managed to screw up several times.

fysisist

If the jackass who is Noory is really monitoring this forum, then I ask one thing only.  George, for the love of god and all things that are good and true, PLEASE learn to pronounce "...ing" instead of "...een", as in "talkING" rather than "talkEEN", "listenING" rather than "listenEEN", and of course "suckING" rather than "suckEEN", etc. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 27, 2012, 11:39:37 AM
I appreciate the shout outs from George.  Anytime he refers to 'thuh haters' out there.
Is www.thuhhaters.com available?

sleeplessinca

There is some hope that maybe Snoorey reads this and is changing to save the show. 

It's probably hopeless.  Art really connected with his callers even when they identified where they were calling from.  George is like "who the fuck cares" unless it is Detroit or St. Louis.  Then it is a round of small world and you can detect a sliver of interest. otherwise it is a dissmissive "sure".  There is a nerdy part of me who likes to mentally picture where the caller is from. 

Friggin Noorey.  Only thing that get shimexcited is how many affilliates they have - but sadly that number seems to be shrinkeen.

Test4echo

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 27, 2012, 03:15:24 AM
well, if art bell is aware of this forum and has even posted here a couple times,

Really? Humm time to try out the search function.

LLAB

Test,

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Test4echo on February 28, 2012, 02:04:17 PM
Really? Humm time to try out the search function.

LLAB

Test,

you can see when art was last active here.

you can see his posts here.

Test4echo

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 28, 2012, 02:15:08 PM
you can see when art was last active here.

you can see his posts here.

Thanks Michael!

Of course the question is always, was it reaaaaly him? lol
(Maybe it was Noory....)

LLAB

Test,

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Test4echo on February 28, 2012, 02:19:52 PM
Thanks Michael!

Of course the question is always, was it reaaaaly him? lol
(Maybe it was Noory....)

LLAB

Test,

i verified it was him through his knye email address.

also, the ip address used in his posts is that of a pahrump, nv ISP.

awguy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 28, 2012, 02:26:33 PM

I think we have verified that it's actually him. If it was an imposter, he'd be posting almost daily.

Test4echo

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 28, 2012, 02:26:33 PM

Good enough for me!
Thanks!

Morgus

Since Fort Rock has interrupted the communication with Art Bell in the long Art Bell quits thread, perhaps someone should create a new thread just for Art Bell direct Q&A and keep it clean of other stuff please.
That might help Art not have to wade thru all that other junk to see a question for him and he might respond easier that way in the  new thread?

Test4echo

Quote from: Morgus on February 28, 2012, 03:43:55 PM
Since Fort Rock has interrupted the communication with Art Bell in the long Art Bell quits thread, perhaps someone should create a new thread just for Art Bell direct Q&A and keep it clean of other stuff please.
That might help Art not have to wade thru all that other junk to see a question for him and he might respond easier that way in the  new thread?

Good Idea!

LLAB

Test,

Harmness

Quote from: Morgus on February 28, 2012, 03:43:55 PM

Yeah, but how cool would it be to see Art Bell post something like, "Seriously, you fuck, shove your stupid Scorpion Army straight up your virgin ass."

Morgus

Quote from: Harmness on February 28, 2012, 04:25:42 PM
Yeah, but how cool would it be to see Art Bell post something like, "Seriously, you fuck, shove your stupid Scorpion Army straight up your virgin ass."
he can feel free to post in that other thread for that too..  ;D

George used to talk about the mortgage crisis and use Ed McMahon as an example.  It seemed like just about every night George would go on and on about how if Ed McMahon could lose his home, anyone could.
When it was pointed out in a post that an 85 year old guy that had gotten a mortgage he could only afford based on future income and had become to ill to work wasn't exactly the best illustration of average folks losing their homes due to job loss, George quit using that as an example.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 29, 2012, 06:42:19 PM
George used to talk about the mortgage crisis and use Ed McMahon as an example...[Not] exactly the best illustration of average folks losing their homes due to job loss...
Which is also more "proof" (like we needed more) that Georgie also doesn't understand "context" or "proportionality," which partly explains how/why he is incapable of analytical thought.

sleeplessinca

Super cool to hear from Art.  He has such class about C2C.  Thanks for the messages.

Gassy Man

It's pretty obvious that someone on the show is reading these posts, but the problem is that they're not taking any of the good advice --and they likely won't until it is too late, and by that, I mean that the ratings sink low enough and the affiliates run far enough away that the show is in genuine trouble . . . too bad since the advice here's free.

Seamus Capone

I had a dream about Noory monitoring us in real life. He sent a cadre of hackers, private eyes, psychics, remote-viewers, witches, etc. to investigate the "haters" and "low-lifes" on the forums. One of the investigators bugged our homes, tapped our phones, and put GPS devices on our cars. The funny thing is that Noory, in real life, mentioned a crazy woman who accused him of breaking into her home each night. The show played a few commercials from a company devoted to locating eavesdropping devices too. This happened around the time that I had my dream, which was weird timing, to say the least! BTW, in the dream, his critics sued him after they learned about the spying by the Coast stalkers. LOL   

It's utterly insane when George talks about "the haters" because 99.9999% of the Coast audience have no friggin' clue about whom he's speaking ... I mean how many callers do you hear say to a guest "well I don't got the internets yet, do you have a mail address?" -- LIKE EVERY THIRD ONE!

Also, while I'm at it, what's up with George's celebrity encounters? After Whitney Houston died he said "I ran into Whitney a couple years ago here in LA and, man, she didn't look good" as if to imply he and Tommy were chillin' at the VIP room at The Ivar and Whitney stumbled over "Haaaaay George!", had a few drinks and then stumbled off ... as opposed to what really probably happened (i.e. George was on a Star Homes tour and saw Whitney come out to get her mail).

I swear, George makes hosting C2CAM sound like this -

aldousburbank

Quote from: Harmness on February 28, 2012, 04:25:42 PM

Mmmm... virgin ass....

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Recovering Noorholic on March 05, 2012, 02:06:12 AM
It's utterly insane when George talks about "the haters"

He has his own definition of the word. To him, it's anyone who refuses to heap undeserved praise on him.

stevesh

Simple George actually said the word 'February' last night. Pronounced it properly, too. Far as I know, he's never done that on the air before, always saying 'Feb' instead. Maybe he is lurking here.

NaeBabii

Pretty new here, I think I just registered yesterday, but I have been lurking for a few days to a few weeks now. It has been hard trying to find time to post a welcome here.

Before I found this thread, When C2C would post something about that nights show on the Facebook page, I would hang out on the pages post and talk about the show.

This reminded me of a time when Knapp had a VERY foreign sounding guest on, the guy kept pronouncing everything with a dialect. Instead of very, he would say "Berry". The post exploded with us, laughing and repeating the word "Berry". As Knapp was rounding out his hour with the guest he uses the word "Berry", instead of "Very".

The page exploded again with us all saying, "Did he really just say BERRY?!"

Now this could simply have been him subconsciously picking up and repeating the word berry, OR he was reading the page and noticed we were having a laugh at it and repeated the word to jab at us.

With his constant clicking throughout the show, he possibly could be reading every word, lol.

Anyway, I sincerely hope this forum turns out to be better than the last one that I joined, which ran me off in less than two weeks with it's constant trolling, tons of flaming and weird pervs and I was violating T&S left and right, FOR NOTHING! (They could have messaged me with me being so new, but whatever.) :)