• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

AZZERAE

What do you ladies feel Heather could do to improve, as a host?

Spookcat

Quote from: Azzerae on December 07, 2018, 03:31:33 AM

Honestly? She should stop talking so much. I mean that as a serious critique. Being known for your drama is not really the best way to get your name out there as a host. When she talks, and she's telling things about herself or whatever, she tends to come out with multiple versions of the story she's telling. Whether she knows it or not, she comes off as arrogant and it gives off the impressions she's trying to one-up her guests and callers. That's aside to all her Bell-related issues.

If she wants to be a serious radio host, she needs to drop the Art Bell act stuff immediately and actually act like a professional. Get a team, get guests, brush up on at least a little bit of information for the guest/topic, but let them do most of the talking/explaining. She could kind of guide them to answering questions she or listeners have, but since they are usually there to talk about whatever they're doing, they shouldn't have to sit there and listen to the host talk about themselves for the majority of the time.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Spookcat on December 07, 2018, 03:41:38 AM
Honestly?

Yes!  :)

She tends to come out with multiple versions of the story she's telling.

Agreed. I think she's attempting to play up an otherwise uninteresting life for radio. I also think some of her lies are told to cover her ass, and a lot of the time she's going for an Art Bell style mystique thing that doesn't quite work.

Whether she knows it or not, she comes off as arrogant and it gives off the impressions she's trying to one-up her guests and callers.

True, its very obvious that she has an inflated sense of self. God knows why! Maybe because, in her mind, Art "passed the baton" to her?

She needs to drop the Art Bell act stuff immediately and actually act like a professional. Get a team, get guests, brush up on at least a little bit of information for the guest/topic, but let them do most of the talking/explaining.

There's where I think she makes a big mistake: she isn't very well informed on much by way of facts - rather, she's up on the myth, conspiracy and folklore that most UFO nuts are up on. So she is just a regular copy of the "audience" she's trying to appeal to.

She could kind of guide them to answering questions she or listeners have, but since they are usually there to talk about whatever they're doing, they shouldn't have to sit there and listen to the host talk about themselves for the majority of the time.

She really does talk a lot, but doesn't make it interesting. Mostly its like she's distracted - and that's probably because she's trying to run her own board and bumpers and everything like Art did - but can't multitask. Lord knows that must be fucking hard to do while talking live on air - and 99% of people just can't do it. That's probably why it sounds so off kilter.

Still better than Schrader and Vara.   

Which means those shows are nearing Falkie level. In fact I would rather listen to Falkie or Wade over those two. Which is pretty pathetic.

Spookcat

Pardon my ranting. I think another thing is, if she's going to do open lines, she needs to revamp how she does them now. She's admitted and been proven to be screening calls, answering primarily numbers she recognises. The same callers every single time doesn't make a good show for everyone else. One thing Keith said in one of the after shows was Art could do the three minute limit or his hot fire shots and those things on the phones, because he had that many callers. I don't think Heather currently comes close or if she does, she's preferring to ignore answering in favor of saying the phones are all full and then going to reading or rambling.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Spookcat on December 07, 2018, 07:50:16 AM
If she's going to do open lines, she needs to revamp how she does them now. She's admitted and been proven to be screening calls, answering primarily numbers she recognises. The same callers every single time doesn't make a good show for everyone else.

She has too many hours to fill.

Lilith

First, she needs to get rid of that outrageous opening that she shouts like she doesn't know better, then the rest is just as Spookcat says IMO.

She could learn a lot from Vara.  He is polite to his guests, and lets them do almost all the talking, even if he doesn't agree with them, and he doesn't shout when he's talking, he sounds calm, INFORMED,  and interested, and he conducts his open lines, seemingly honestly.  Heather, on the other hand, sounds bored, arrogant, and uninformed.  Even if Heather has a high IQ, it doesn't come across in her commentary with her guests, she sounds like "some dummy" just trying to fill in time till the break.

Spookcat

She's been dj-ing for awhile now. Occasionally mutters to herself.

Lilith

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on December 07, 2018, 09:18:23 AM
... she sounds like "some dummy" just trying to fill in time till the break.

"That sounds familiar."

AZZERAE

First, she needs to get rid of that outrageous opening that she shouts

I think she is trying to sound confident.

She could learn a lot from Vara.  He is polite to his guests, and lets them do almost all the talking, even if he doesn't agree with them, and he doesn't shout when he's talking, he sounds calm, INFORMED,  and interested, and he conducts his open lines, seemingly honestly.

Yeah, Vara has grown on me too.

I don't understand Heather's whole thing of lying about the unscreened open lines.

Heather, on the other hand, sounds bored, arrogant, and uninformed.  Even if Heather has a high IQ, it doesn't come across in her commentary with her guests, she sounds like "some dummy" just trying to fill in time till the break.

I think she's distracted, and trying to wear too many hats (run the board, roll the bumpers, look through notes and press the right buttons).

AZZERAE

LOL! Look how Falkie spells Danheiser.  ;D

Epaphroditus

I think she has improved and understands what her subscribers want  , what we the non subscribers want is irrelevant .

I see Vara is planning a move to her timeslot , I like his show when he stays away from the drama but he will once again be bitch slapped by the weirdo cat lady with a mic .

Quote from: Azzerae on December 07, 2018, 10:23:45 AM
LOL! Look how Falkie spells Danheiser.  ;D

That is how all of his PERSONAL FRIENDS spell it.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Epaphroditus on December 07, 2018, 10:47:19 AM
I think she has improved and understands what her subscribers want  , what we the non subscribers want is irrelevant .

Interesting perspective.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 07, 2018, 11:10:51 AM
That is how all of his PERSONAL FRIENDS spell it.

Haw haw haw!

Metron2267

Quote from: ZaZa on December 07, 2018, 12:47:33 AM
"Boy howdy! Heather sure is the victim of alot of bad luck, huh?
Clearly, she's due for another month off..."

Curses by theONE /aka/ ZaZa working as intended.
More to follow.

Phony "Christian" act confirmed and derided. You're subhuman filth.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on December 07, 2018, 12:53:27 AM
"MV put me on the air

Art heard me"  - HW

And so it's MV's fault she is doing Arts Show.

... according to Heather.

Is that not at least the short form read on how she became his "legacy"? :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on December 07, 2018, 02:53:47 AM
Art lasted 50 years on the air, because he had talent for it.

He also had a talent for quittening...so there's that. Subtract some years for sure. :-X

Metron2267

Quote from: Spookcat on December 07, 2018, 03:23:20 AM
Very true. I think she had potential if she would've listened to people telling her to make the show her own instead of copying Art. But for whatever reason, she decided not to follow that.

So you think her present show resemble's Art's? In what way? If anything she's pulling a bit of a Senda the way I hear it. :o

Metron2267

Honestly? She should stop talking so much. I mean that as a serious critique. Being known for your drama is not really the best way to get your name out there as a host. When she talks, and she's telling things about herself or whatever, she tends to come out with multiple versions of the story she's telling. Whether she knows it or not, she comes off as arrogant and it gives off the impressions she's trying to one-up her guests and callers. That's aside to all her Bell-related issues.

If she wants to be a serious radio host, she needs to drop the Art Bell act stuff immediately and actually act like a professional. Get a team, get guests, brush up on at least a little bit of information for the guest/topic, but let them do most of the talking/explaining. She could kind of guide them to answering questions she or listeners have, but since they are usually there to talk about whatever they're doing, they shouldn't have to sit there and listen to the host talk about themselves for the majority of the time.

Fair commentary. She certainly puts a lot more of Heather into her interviews than need be. Then again if she mails it in like Snoory she would instantly be accused of being a know-nothing shill. So there's a delicate if not impossible balance to be found due to the cloud of personal drama she's inveigled in.

ZaZa

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 07, 2018, 11:25:21 AM
Don't feel like you have to.

It's part of the package so to say.
Heather-Hyena Wade earned it.

/pic related is for Hyena Wade, not for you/

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on December 07, 2018, 06:38:19 AM
There's where I think she makes a big mistake: she isn't very well informed on much by way of facts - rather, she's up on the myth, conspiracy and folklore that most UFO nuts are up on. So she is just a regular copy of the "audience" she's trying to appeal to.

She really does talk a lot, but doesn't make it interesting. Mostly its like she's distracted - and that's probably because she's trying to run her own board and bumpers and everything like Art did - but can't multitask. Lord knows that must be fucking hard to do while talking live on air - and 99% of people just can't do it. That's probably why it sounds so off kilter.

Ding!

It's all that and and also not much more. In essence she's become sort of the polar opposite of an NPC host, and by that I mean a Snoory or even one Michael Vara. Her personality can't be the point of the show, but it somehow has to fold in to the program or frankly the whole thing could be handed off to Pony Boy Safe Space who will endlessly natter on about herself with no regard for mike levels, pops, or an even flow of conversation.

Whitley puts a lot of himself into his interviews, but he's sufficiently erudite that it is not hugely distracting - to me anyway.

I think...maybe...Heather needs someone to ping off in the way LMH uses John Burroughs. He'll reign her back in when she gets far afield and as a result the guest is not shorted their input.

So there's a challenge - who does Bellgab think might make a good partner for Heather and does the LMH model work for any of you folks?

Metron2267

First, she needs to get rid of that outrageous opening that she shouts like she doesn't know better, then the rest is just as Spookcat says IMO.

She could learn a lot from Vara.  He is polite to his guests, and lets them do almost all the talking, even if he doesn't agree with them, and he doesn't shout when he's talking, he sounds calm, INFORMED,  and interested, and he conducts his open lines, seemingly honestly.  Heather, on the other hand, sounds bored, arrogant, and uninformed.  Even if Heather has a high IQ, it doesn't come across in her commentary with her guests, she sounds like "some dummy" just trying to fill in time till the break.

But even at that Vara is not bashful about going all Vara when he feels the need to. I think Heather just needs to be more guest-centric, so I agree with your overall grade.

Metron2267

Quote from: Epaphroditus on December 07, 2018, 10:47:19 AM

Now there's a fresh take!

QuoteI see Vara is planning a move to her timeslot , I like his show when he stays away from the drama but he will once again be bitch slapped by the weirdo cat lady with a mic .

Vara's show is so distinctly different from when he was first on DMDN, he too has ben infected by the drama virus and the endless tussling with Keef, Heather, etc. is getting OLD for me.

ZaZa

Funny reading you fools who are so desperately trying to improve on a pile of shit known as Heather-Hyena Wade.
...you must be so lonely

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on December 07, 2018, 11:35:18 AM
So there's a challenge - who does Bellgab think might make a good partner for Heather and does the LMH model work for any of you folks?

This is a tough one. I'll have to think about it!