• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Father Jack Ashcraft Homophobia ....

Started by DinamoDennis, September 04, 2015, 02:05:11 PM

Quote from: DinamoDennis on September 04, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
Didn't like it

No one cares. Don't make silly threads. You could have posted this in the show thread.

DinamoDennis

You should care.

Thought it deserved its own thread.

DinamoDennis

seeing as i just listened to it its actually impossible to "get over it" in the way you are implying.
sooooooo yyyyeeeaaaaa

henge0stone

sorry you feel that way. There is a thread about the show, probably would be best to post your opinions there.

BellBoy

Quote from: DinamoDennis on September 04, 2015, 02:05:11 PM
Didn't like it

Perhaps you can entice MV to create a Rainbow/SJW section, just for you... and your feelings  ;)

onan

A priest that is homophobic, wow, where did that come from?

It seems that no one is allowed to be offended. Unless, of course, it's the rage du jour.

I didn't listen, now I probably won't.

BellBoy

Quote from: onan on September 04, 2015, 04:45:06 PM

It seems that no one is allowed to be offended. Unless, of course, it's the rage du jour.

Wait, what??

Sorry, but the reality is that no one is allowed to be offensive. We, as a society, are actually devolving into a microcosm of ideas where no one dare upset the "delicate" status-quo by behaving so shockingly as to say something that "might offend someone". We are surrounded (suffocated) by the pervasive attitude that, for some magical reason, EVERYONE suddenly has an absolute right to NEVER be offended by ANYTHING, anyone might say, EVER. So, you're offended... So what? Our entire modern world was built on "offensive" ideas, or the reactions thereto. If you are never "offended", in life, you will never grow as a human being.

henge0stone

Quote from: BellBoy on September 04, 2015, 05:00:39 PM
Wait, what??

Sorry, but the reality is that no one is allowed to be offensive. We, as a society, are actually devolving into a microcosm of ideas where no one dare upset the "delicate" status-quo by behaving so shockingly as to say something that "might offend someone". We are surrounded (suffocated) by the pervasive attitude that, for some magical reason, EVERYONE suddenly has an absolute right to NEVER be offended by ANYTHING anyone might say, EVER. So, you're offended... So what? Our entire modern world was built on "offensive" ideas, or the reactions thereto. If you are never "offended" you will never grow as a human being.

This is absolutely true. We say everyone is entitled to an opinion but when someone is offended by something or has a view different than the one the mainstream has laid down they become outcasts. Fifteen years ago gay marriage wasn't even in the public eye at all, now if you have a conservative or alternative opinion than the one in the mainstream you are demonized by people who think your opinion is WRONG because people are offended by it.

onan

Quote from: BellBoy on September 04, 2015, 05:00:39 PM
Wait, what??

Sorry, but the reality is that no one is allowed to be offensive. We, as a society, are actually devolving into a microcosm of ideas where no one dare upset the "delicate" status-quo by behaving so shockingly as to say something that "might offend someone". We are surrounded (suffocated) by the pervasive attitude that, for some magical reason, EVERYONE suddenly has an absolute right to NEVER be offended by ANYTHING, anyone might say, EVER. So, you're offended... So what? Our entire modern world was built on "offensive" ideas, or the reactions thereto. If you are never "offended", in life, you will never grow as a human being.

I was speaking to the point of umbrage about this thread.

Quote from: henge0stone on September 04, 2015, 05:37:22 PM
This is absolutely true. We say everyone is entitled to an opinion but when someone is offended by something or has a view different than the one the mainstream has laid down they become outcasts. Fifteen years ago gay marriage wasn't even in the public eye at all, now if you have a conservative or alternative opinion than the one in the mainstream you are demonized by people who think your opinion is WRONG because people are offended by it.
So, people having opinions is good, but people having an opinion about other people's opinions is bad. Is that your opinion?  If it is, my opinion is that you are wrong.

BellBoy

Quote from: onan on September 04, 2015, 07:01:07 PM
I was speaking to the point of umbrage about this thread.

So, it was purely an "innnocent" knee-jerk reaction then?

(Sorry, but EVERYONE'S freedom to speak freely [regardless of perceived content] does, indeed,  matter.... immensely!!)

Still, does this "waaaaaaaa" actually merit its own thread, outside the context of the original show's thread??

Eddie Coyle

Likely the self loathing department.

henge0stone

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 04, 2015, 07:03:58 PM
So, people having opinions is good, but people having an opinion about other people's opinions is bad. Is that your opinion?  If it is, my opinion is that you are wrong.

Nope, what I'm saying is anyone who has an alternative opinion from the mainstream shouldn't automatically be demonized. I disagree with his view on marriage too but to expect everyone to agree with you all the time is nonsense. And just saying 'I don't like it' is not productive.

onan

Quote from: BellBoy on September 04, 2015, 07:50:57 PM
So, it was purely an "innnocent" knee-jerk reaction then?

(Sorry, but EVERYONE'S freedom to speak freely [regardless of perceived content] does, indeed,  matter.... immensely!!)

Still, does this "waaaaaaaa" actually merit its own thread, outside the context of the original show's thread??

Well, one person thought so. With all the threads on/in this forum, is this the one that pushes too far? Perhaps the subject was important enough to someone that losing that subject in 20 plus pages was untenable.

MV/Liberace!

funny, because i assume every priest is gay.

henge0stone

Quote from: MV on September 04, 2015, 11:07:39 PM
funny, because i assume every priest is gay.

Back in the middle ages they all had mistresses and tons of illegitimate kids.

the_Stranger

Everyone is allowed to be offended, but few are able to take it when their bullshit is called out. Most tend to keep digging the hole instead of shutting up.

DinamoDennis

Wasn't offended just annoyed.

Someone hatting on someone because of something they cant change is just plain retarded!

henge0stone

Quote from: DinamoDennis on September 08, 2015, 03:00:26 PM

Someone hatting on someone because of something they cant change is just plain retarded!

disagreeing with gay marriage isn't necessarily the same thing as hating gay people. No one in the media ever makes this distinction though.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on September 09, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
disagreeing with gay marriage isn't the same thing as hating gay people. No one in the media ever makes this distinction though.
Nuance is not something the media or politicians (or posters on internet forums) are known for. In all seriousness some experts claim that pedophiles or psychopaths are "born" and cannot be reformed. If they are "born that way" and have some brain defect how can society punish or even criticize them, to take this logic to its logical end.

cweb

I'm annoyed when someone considers another's lack of endorsement to be outright fear/hatred. Especially when Fr. Jack said he would still gladly help a gay person in need.

Maybe you missed the part of the show where Art brought this up to the guest.

jblank

Quote from: henge0stone on September 09, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
disagreeing with gay marriage isn't necessarily the same thing as hating gay people. No one in the media ever makes this distinction though.

Well said. I don't find black women attractive, I guess I'm a racist. I don't drink milk, I must hate cows. Political correctness and forced acceptance is destroying true freedom of speech.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jblank on September 18, 2015, 10:17:49 AM
I don't find black women attractive...

You're clearly not Robert DeNiro.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: jblank on September 18, 2015, 10:17:49 AM
Well said. I don't find black women attractive, I guess I'm a racist. I don't drink milk, I must hate cows.

Not at all. It just makes you a gay lactophobe.

b_dubb

You suppose this guy is related to Leo Ashcraft?