• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Quote from: Up All Night on October 21, 2017, 09:45:35 PM

It looks like former President Obama MISSED his chance to use "his platform", that he was sharing with the other past living Presidents tonight, when Barack Obama did not "take a knee" during the singing of our National Anthem in College Station, at the Deep In The Heart Concert at Texas A&M, to raise funds for Hurricane Relief from the last three hurricanes to impact the US.

I mean, isn't that what responsible minorities are supposed to do with their "platforms", like the Millionaire NFL players that have done so???

I guess Obama just doesn't care about Police Brutality.

He really missed an opportunity!!!!!

He was flaunting the white privilege side of his heritage.  To do that on that platform at this point in history, it has to be considered a micro-aggression. 

Did he address it within the appropriate time period afterward and justify his non-support for those fighting racism and over-policing - while honoring the flag and our service men and women - or has he $old out to White Supremacy?

I think we know the answer.  Where is the clown hat lady to call him out and explain this to the nation?

Up All Night

He just showed what an Uncle Tom he is !!

Hog

Quote from: TigerLily on October 12, 2017, 01:32:29 PM
lulz. You must be lots of fun at a party. I haven't noticed the NFL burning flags. I wonder how that would look on instant replay

The collective you should remember that the kneeling started and continues to be about police misconduct and racial injustice. And the protests being done by an organization whose players are - what? - about 75% African-American.  No matter what Trump tweets this isn't about the flag, the anthem, the military. It's about all men being treated equal with justice for all. A very American sentiment
And just because the people who are kneeling say that they are protesting against police misconduct and racial injustice, doesn't make their protest any less disrespectful. Kneeling during the national anthem is exactly like burning an American flag so far as disrespect, lack of honour towards and lack of appreciation of those who work, fight and die while attempting to uphold all of what that flag and of what the American national anthem represents.

"Yes I'm taking a knee during the playing/singing of my national anthem, but don't be mad as I am protesting for against police misconduct and racial injustice."

In reference to kneeling during the presentation of a national anthem.
"It's not about the flag, the anthem or the military?"  Are you fucking kidding me, how could it not be?
If it's so politically correct to disrespect a countries flag/national anthem, I guess this February we'll see a whole lot of American Olympians taking a knee when they're up on the podium being honoured for their Gold medals.  The career lifespan of any such American individual would be very short. Sponsors would drop them like a bad habit.

There are just certain things in life you don't screw with, national flags, national anthems fall into this category, which is why there is international agreement on how to properly display such objects/procedures as to not insult a country. 
It's not a Trump thing, it's not a Trump Tweet thing, it's a basic understanding of national pride and the projection of national strength of pride. To disrespect your own national anthem is in poor taste plain and simple. Any hopes of enacting change will be wasted by the majority of people who wont support a cause that will blatantly disrespect their own country like that.

Remember Roseanne Barr?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhbpeL-8sY

The crotch grab was a nice touch.

peace
Hog

Jackstar

Quote from: Hog on October 23, 2017, 10:57:14 AM
Kneeling during the national anthem is exactly like burning an American flag so far as disrespect, lack of honour towards and lack of appreciation of those who work, fight and die while attempting to uphold all of what that flag and of what the American national anthem represents.

That's funny; because I think the same thing about the jingoist claptrap malarkey that you constantly spew. Stick a rag in it, Hoser.

Quote from: Hog on October 23, 2017, 10:57:14 AM
And just because the people who are kneeling say that they are protesting against police misconduct and racial injustice, doesn't make their protest any less disrespectful. Kneeling during the national anthem is exactly like burning an American flag so far as disrespect, lack of honour towards and lack of appreciation of those who work, fight and die while attempting to uphold all of what that flag and of what the American national anthem represents.

"Yes I'm taking a knee during the playing/singing of my national anthem, but don't be mad as I am protesting for against police misconduct and racial injustice."

In reference to kneeling during the presentation of a national anthem.
"It's not about the flag, the anthem or the military?"  Are you fucking kidding me, how could it not be?...

Back when cities had walls to keep mauraders out and protect themselves from various pillaging armies, these are the people who would have opened the gates and let them in.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 23, 2017, 01:17:06 PM
Back when cities had walls to keep mauraders out and protect themselves from various pillaging armies, these are the people who would have opened the gates and let them in.

What? You don't want the lovely horse statue that the Trojans just sent us?!  ::) ;D

It's that time in the season when the weak QBs start dropping like flies. 

Kapernick was foolish to file his collusion lawsuit, or whatever it it, before the end of the season.  He hurt whatever chance he had of being signed.  The bad advice from his BLM toadie hangers on just keeps coming.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 23, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
It's that time in the season when the weak QBs start dropping like flies. 

Kapernick was foolish to file his collusion lawsuit, or whatever it it, before the end of the season.  He hurt whatever chance he had of being signed.  The bad advice from his BLM toadie hangers on just keeps coming.

I heard the other day that Rogers threw his hat into this ring. That was enough for me to stop giving a shit about the Packers and I've pretty much been a lifelong fan. Ces't la vie.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 23, 2017, 02:27:41 PM
I heard the other day that Rogers threw his hat into this ring. That was enough for me to stop giving a shit about the Packers and I've pretty much been a lifelong fan. Ces't la vie.

Apparently the cowards who run the NFL are very concerned about retaining the business of the BLM folks, and don't give a shit about the rest of the country.  That's fine, let's see how many tickets and ugly hats they buy.

I see the images of the half emply stadiums.  I'm suspicious they were taken well before the games started and are being passed off as taken during the game.  I don't pay enough attention to know.  What any person responsible for selling tickets will tell you though, is this year's no-shows are tickets that won't be sold next year. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 23, 2017, 02:38:55 PM
Apparently the cowards who run the NFL are very concerned about retaining the business of the BLM folks, and don't give a shit about the rest of the country.  That's fine, let's see how many tickets and ugly hats they buy.

I see the images of the half emply stadiums.  I'm suspicious they were taken well before the games started and are being passed off as taken during the game.  I don't pay enough attention to know.  What any person responsible for selling tickets will tell you though, is this year's no-shows are tickets that won't be sold next year.

Vince Lombardi is probably spinning faster in his grave than the particles at CERN.  ::)

albrecht

Cities/counties that have paid for, enacted a tax for, or helped with tax abatement for the stadiums that these millionaire owners and players are using for political purposes should end them, claw funds back, make them pay property (and other) taxes at the rate other people and businesses do.
It is bad enough that tax-payers are often forced, or tricked, into building stadiums for millionaires and thugs (not all player are thugs of course) but even worse when these rich people use it for political purposes and to denigrate the country. They have a right to kneel (I guess, I have not read the NFL rules) but we don't have to pay to watch it or pay for the stadiums in which they do it.

Gd5150

The broadcasters are no longer showing the crowds, or lack thereof during the broadcasts. Nuff said.

The sheep will buy whatever LeBron and Snoop tell them to. The laugher is sports will die without right wing middle class white folk. Blacks don’t have the money to attend professional sports. Leftwing whites are anti competition, thus anti sport. And the athletes only buy what the fake everything ho’s I mean sales women hand deliver to their locker rooms.

Fantasy sports will live on though. It’s fun and easy money. Can watch the sports via pirate feeds and yahoo sports updates. Could careless about fucktards who play. Let the monkeys dance when they’re told and turn the channel when they’re asked to speak. Just like Hollywood.

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 23, 2017, 03:57:05 PM
The broadcasters are no longer showing the crowds, or lack thereof during the broadcasts. Nuff said...

Gee, and here I thought they simply reported. 

With their enthusiasm in showing and supporting the players out burning the flag during pregame, and making the aftergame interviews about that instead of questions about the game, I would have thought they'd continue on with the story - reporting the results that fans stopped coming. 

That's what they wanted, isn't it - more divisiveness and turmoil?  Instead we get another example of media bias, and fake news in the form of not being told the whole story

Jackstar

Which of you are literally unaware that the NFL is as faked as professional wrestling? I'm having trouble figuring out which of you are being ironic, or if you're all so crack-addled that you don't realize that this is all theater.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2017, 10:06:47 PM
Which of you are literally unaware that the NFL is as faked as professional wrestling? I'm having trouble figuring out which of you are being ironic, or if you're all so crack-addled that you don't realize that this is all theater.
I believe their lawyerd phrased it as "entertainment marketplace" in court filings.  ;)

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2017, 10:06:47 PM

What about cycling?

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 23, 2017, 10:26:53 PM
What about cycling?
Totally above board.
I even went to a free concert featuring Steve Miller celebrating (Steve, to his credit rocked and even had a "popped collar" circa the old days) and actually saw one of the wins in Frog Capital (happened to be nearby and figured I go see) prior, around same time, as the cancer beating, ditching his wife, the drugging, the denial, the admission, and the excuses.
Livestrong.  ;)

=Schlyder=

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 23, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
Vince Lombardi is probably spinning faster in his grave than the particles at CERN.  ::)

That's why I haven't seen him perform on New Year's Eve for awhile.  What kind of band name is Particles at CERN anyway?  That's a fucking gay band name. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 23, 2017, 11:55:39 PM

That's why I haven't seen him perform on New Year's Eve for awhile.  What kind of band name is Particles at CERN anyway?  That's a fucking gay band name.

He died in 1970 and was never a "performer" other than to produce winning teams. The world's filled with gay bands. That's the kind of timeline you get when you kill Kurt Cobain.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 24, 2017, 12:25:13 AM
He died in 1970 and was never a "performer" other than to produce winning teams. The world's filled with gay bands. That's the kind of timeline you get when you kill Kurt Cobain.

He's talking about Guy Lombardo.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

Ah! The rare conservative Canadian. Now I don't even know if this dude's real or a unicorn.  :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 24, 2017, 12:39:46 AM
Ah! The rare conservative Canadian. Now I don't even know if this dude's real or a unicorn.  :D

I wanna see a cagematch between Schlyder and 136.  I've got a 100 American dollars on Schlyder.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

LOL yes.    I am told I have to post in Rickyisms if I have his pic up in my avatar.  LOL not that easy to come up with something witty, and then Rickyize it LOL

=Schlyder=

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 24, 2017, 12:51:03 AM
I wanna see a cagematch between Schlyder and 136.  I've got a 100 American dollars on Schlyder.

LOL  I am down for that. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 24, 2017, 01:44:05 AM
LOL yes.    I am told I have to post in Rickyisms if I have his pic up in my avatar.  LOL not that easy to come up with something witty, and then Rickyize it LOL

Shouldn't you now be talking like Bubbles then, about kitties, carts 'n' such?  ???

All those allegations that someone hung a noose on a doorknob, or drew a swastika on someone's dorm room door - you know how it nearly always seems to turn out to be some triggered member of the minority being ''targeted'' that actually did it.

Now we get the story of the one basebal player out kneeling during the National Anthem being refused service at a restaurant.  Now mind you if I owned a restaurant and he strolled in, he would be asked to leave, but that isn't what happened.  After interviewing the waiter and manager, Fox News is reporting it is completely made up, and what they had to say rings true to me.  I believe them.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/10/25/waiter-mlb-catcher-bruce-maxwell-made-up-story-about-service-refusal-over-anthem-protest.html 

The best part about this is he was havinglunch with a local Democrat elected official.  The councilman didn't respond to Fox asking him for his side of the story.  That he doesn't want to get involved in this is interesting.  I wonder if the baseball player told him he was going to do this, or was he broadsided.  Hopefully, there will be a comment from the councilman at some point - let's get him on record.

Hog

Quote from: Jackstar on October 23, 2017, 11:18:40 AM

That's funny;

0:58-2:00

You're really funny, you're really funny, ah.
What do ya mean I'm funny.
Ha,ha,ha You're funny you know you- the story it's funny you're a funny guy
What do ya mean, the way I talk, what.
It's just you know, you its, you're just funny  it's fun you know the way you tell the story and everything
Funny how? I mean what's funny about it?
Hog no you got it all wrong
Oh whoa Gravity, he's a big boy, he knows what he said, what'd ya say?
You're right.
Funny how?
Ju-....
What?
Just you know you're funny
You mean, let me understand this, cause I dunno, maybe it's me I'm a little fucked up maybe.
But I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown I amuse you? I make you laugh?  I here to fucking amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how?  How am I funny?
Not, just, you know how you tell the story, what?
No, no I don't know you said it, how do I know? You said I'm funny. How that fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w

peace
Hog