• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

albrecht

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this condescending, self-deprecating, and frankly bizarre article by an apparently uneducated (at least in US history,) divorced Mexican who was married (formerly) to a Dane, who fled his country apparently, that doesn't even appear to match the lead or come to any conclusion accept the usual tripe that America, and especially white people, are bad. 

She even couldn't identify the location observed by her own children and/or step-children and had to issue a retraction:

"An earlier version of this article misidentified the location of a reënactment observed by the author's children." 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/10/the-wild-west-meets-the-southern-border?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on June 07, 2019, 06:35:40 PM
I can't believe I wasted my time reading this condescending, self-deprecating, and frankly bizarre article by an apparently uneducated (at least in US history,) divorced Mexican who was married (formerly) to a Dane, who fled his country apparently, that doesn't even appear to match the lead or come to any conclusion accept the usual tripe that America, and especially white people, are bad. 

She even couldn't identify the location observed by her own children and/or step-children and had to issue a retraction:

"An earlier version of this article misidentified the location of a reënactment observed by the author's children." 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/10/the-wild-west-meets-the-southern-border?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Tomorrow will be another day.

ItsOver

Just down the road from you, Albrecht, in San Antonio.  Here's your chance to help out in overloading the system.

'Parle vous français?' City searches for French speakers as hundreds of Congolese asylum-seekers head to San Antonio.

"When we called Border Patrol to confirm, they said yeah another 2-300 from the Congo and Angola will be coming to San Antonio,'" Dr. Collen Bridger said.

as 350 of them would travel from San Antonio to Portland. When we reached out to Portland Maine they said, 'Please don't send us any more. We're already stretched way beyond our capacity," Bridger said.

"So we're working with them [the migrants] now to identify other cities throughout the United States where they can go and begin their asylum seeking process."

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/parle-vous-francais-city-searches-for-french-speakers-as-hundreds-of-congolese-asylum-seekers-head-to-sa/273-0c015995-05b2-4a0e-959b-fdc1d2991d6f

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on June 08, 2019, 08:03:41 AM
Just down the road from you, Albrecht, in San Antonio.  Here's your chance to help out in overloading the system.

'Parle vous français?' City searches for French speakers as hundreds of Congolese asylum-seekers head to San Antonio.

"When we called Border Patrol to confirm, they said yeah another 2-300 from the Congo and Angola will be coming to San Antonio,'" Dr. Collen Bridger said.

as 350 of them would travel from San Antonio to Portland. When we reached out to Portland Maine they said, 'Please don't send us any more. We're already stretched way beyond our capacity," Bridger said.

"So we're working with them [the migrants] now to identify other cities throughout the United States where they can go and begin their asylum seeking process."

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/parle-vous-francais-city-searches-for-french-speakers-as-hundreds-of-congolese-asylum-seekers-head-to-sa/273-0c015995-05b2-4a0e-959b-fdc1d2991d6f
Lovely. Our immigration policy is suicidal.  Besides the obvious of importing people without skills, with no knowledge of the language, without education, of fighting age, with no appreciation for civil rights or modernity, from violent cultures we also want to import people from a region rife with diseases such as Ebola?

My limited French in this instance:   
"Est-ce que tu parles français? Sortir le camp et rentrer à la maison?"

Juan

After years of lectures from Yorkie sand Shreddy, I’ve decided they’re correct. We should return to the fold of the UK. Trump can be prime minister.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 08, 2019, 03:26:15 PM
After years of lectures from Yorkie sand Shreddy, I’ve decided they’re correct. We should return to the fold of the UK. Trump can be prime minister.
Well at least they might settle on one. The UK, it appears, might be approaching a Belgium style situation. Which, of course, would be in keeping with their desire to be European.

http://www.startribune.com/rainbow-flags-still-fly-at-u-s-embassies-despite-advisory-from-washington/511024951/

They should fire those people. Although I know the unions and civil service rules makes this hard. And sure it is understood that Obama initiated the policy due to whatever inclinations, upbringing, and relationships but it is a new administration and the directive was stated. The US Embassies, etc should fly the US flag not some other flag.

albrecht

"apparently unrelated deaths," yet CNN puts them both in a single story and byline. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/08/us/senators-killed-oklahoma-arkansas/index.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 08, 2019, 06:04:48 PM
Well at least they might settle on one. The UK, it appears, might be approaching a Belgium style situation. Which, of course, would be in keeping with their desire to be European.

http://www.startribune.com/rainbow-flags-still-fly-at-u-s-embassies-despite-advisory-from-washington/511024951/

They should fire those people. Although I know the unions and civil service rules makes this hard. And sure it is understood that Obama initiated the policy due to whatever inclinations, upbringing, and relationships but it is a new administration and the directive was stated. The US Embassies, etc should fly the US flag not some other flag.

Oh come on.. where's your sense of adventure. Much easier to ask forgiveness than ask for permission. If the corrupt hangers on that still remain in the WH can't be fired after all their nefarious and ill gotten gains due because they're in the WH, I don't see how flying a flag along side the stars and stripes is sackable.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on June 08, 2019, 03:26:15 PM

That really would fuck him up. Terminally. Unlike the Trump party (that used to be called Republicans), The Tories  (And to a lesser extent the Labour party too) traditionally have always been distant from their party leader who is also PM, insofar as they know they can and will eventually get rid of them. The only PM who in my memory had most MP's crawling up their arse (and even that was mainly the cabinet) was Thatcher.  And she was eventually thrown out by her own party.

Trump would take the same attitude as he does here and assume that he's adored by everyone, everywhere he goes, and has a tantrum when he sees anything not fitting his very needy requirements. He'd be facing an awful lot of hurt and have lots of tantrums in the UK Parliament. And he and his cabinet certainly wouldn't be getting a load of softball questions from the British press. I haven't yet heard for example of one US reporter ask Pence how he reconciles being such a blatant hypocrite.

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2019, 02:42:58 PM
Oh come on.. where's your sense of adventure. Much easier to ask forgiveness than ask for permission. If the corrupt hangers on that still remain in the WH can't be fired after all their nefarious and ill gotten gains due because they're in the WH, I don't see how flying a flag along side the stars and stripes is sackable.
I like states flags, POW flags and flags belonging to civil groups like scouting, etc...  To me, the rainbow flag represents diversity, like flying a fiipino flag or something.  Being gay can be like a war, but not like the Revolutionary War.  However, I don't see anything wrong with supporting diversity around certain holidays, like Gay Pride.  Or Filipino Day.  Or whatever.  As long as it's not there all the time.

Black Pidgeon Speaks' YouTube channel (500k+ subs) has been deleted w/o a reason given as of yet...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on June 13, 2019, 09:31:06 AM
Black Pidgeon Speaks' YouTube channel has been deleted w/o a reason given as of yet...

He makes too much sense. It could wake people up.

Juan

How many abortions did Michelle need while in the White House for eight years?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on June 13, 2019, 09:31:06 AM
Black Pidgeon Speaks' YouTube channel (500k+ subs) has been deleted w/o a reason given as of yet...

oh shid!

soph is next!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_TopPhLroc

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on June 13, 2019, 10:17:17 AM

Well, apparently, it is possible these days for men to get pregnant and then, I guess, get an abortion.....emphasis mine.   

"Editor’s Note: For brevity’s sake, we’re using the word “women” to describe people who get pregnant and “men” to describe those who impregnate them. But people of all genders can get pregnant and get people pregnant, and this guide is intended to be a useful resource for them as well."           
https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/mens-guide-to-abortion 

albrecht

Felons to vote, illegals to get free healthcare, homeless and junkies allowed to 'camp' and defecate everywhere, open borders and sanctuary cities, what could go wrong with also allowing felons to serve on juries?

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/06/13/california-moves-to-let-felons-serve-on-juries/

Lunger

Quote from: Juan on June 13, 2019, 10:17:17 AM

Trannys don't need abortions.

Taaroa

QuoteWednesday, June 26, will feature this roster (the “orange” group): Elizabeth Warren, Beto O’Rourke, Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, John Delaney, Tulsi Gabbard, Julián Castro, Tim Ryan, Bill de Blasio, and Jay Inslee.

Then Thursday, June 27, will feature this lineup (the “purple” group): Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, Kirsten Gillibrand, Michael Bennet, Eric Swalwell, Marianne Williamson, and Andrew Yang.

Which is the better line up?

pate

Bear with me on this one, it may get a bit long.

So my regular drinking establishment is owned by a guy who is now in the State Legislature.  Apparently he recently supported some bill or proposed some amendment that was anti-abortion.  This resulted in pro-abortion people holding impromptu protests in front of his restaurant (which is also my favored drinking establishment) asking people to boycott his eatery because he doesn't support abortion.

Now on the other side of the state line, I see signs at schools that are closed for the summer advertising free lunches for un-aborted kids up to the age of 18.  I see advertisements on the televisions promoting this program.  I imagine that the pro-abortion protestors would support this free meal program for the un-aborted kids.

These two items are short-circuiting the logic gate in my brane.  You want to kill the children, but failing to do so you want to feed them to help them survive?  One argument for abortion is that the parent cannot afford the child, so kill the child.  Then, the apparent liberal logic dictates that if you fail to kill the child you must feed it?  All of this I assume is to be paid for by tax dollars that come out of my and everyone else's pocket.

Fuck that shit.  You can have one or the other;  abortions but no free lunch, or free lunches but no abortions.

Perhaps one of our filthy communist liberal democrats can explain using pure logic how these two programs/agendas do not cancel each other out as part of a long term sustainable political goal or strategy.

-----

ediot:  I think I am done putting dog/puppy pictures at the end of my posts.  Good day.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pate on June 16, 2019, 10:02:07 AM

So my regular drinking establishment is owned by a guy who is now in the State Legislature.  Apparently he recently supported some bill or proposed some amendment that was anti-abortion.  This resulted in pro-abortion people holding impromptu protests in front of his restaurant (which is also my favored drinking establishment) asking people to boycott his eatery because he doesn't support abortion.

Now on the other side of the state line, I see signs at schools that are closed for the summer advertising free lunches for un-aborted kids up to the age of 18.  I see advertisements on the televisions promoting this program.  I imagine that the pro-abortion protestors would support this free meal program for the un-aborted kids.

These two items are short-circuiting the logic gate in my brane.  You want to kill the children, but failing to do so you want to feed them to help them survive?  One argument for abortion is that the parent cannot afford the child, so kill the child.  Then, the apparent liberal logic dictates that if you fail to kill the child you must feed it?  All of this I assume is to be paid for by tax dollars that come out of my and everyone else's pocket.

Fuck that shit.  You can have one or the other;  abortions but no free lunch, or free lunches but no abortions.

Perhaps one of our filthy communist liberal democrats can explain using pure logic how these two programs/agendas do not cancel each other out as part of a long term sustainable political goal or strategy.

-----

ediot:  I think I am done putting dog/puppy pictures at the end of my posts.  Good day.

Are you suggesting only liberals and communists have abortions?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/anti-abortion-rep-tim-murphy-asked-mistress-terminate/story?id=50274843

QuoteAll of this I assume is to be paid for by tax dollars that come out of my and everyone else's pocket.

Ahh the old 'tax dollar' maxim... Anti abortionists take a fiscal view about it as well in some cases a moral (if not medically accurate) view. Yet the flip side that moral outrage isn't extended to postpartum children, why is that? Not so much as a squeak when a five year old is killed or a classroom full of students. No, the reason is nothing to do with concern for a foetus, it's just a way to hit women who want to have control of their own biology. It is no surprise that it's overwhelmingly men who make laws on abortion. I doubt somehow they'd make such laws if men carried children.

The fiscal view? Again, it's because it's women. Because if it wasn't, there'd be any number of reasons to rail against perceived misspending of 'tax dollars'...Such as the tax cuts last year to the top 1% who enjoyed 85% of the proceeds. That represents over $285 BILLION of our money going to the top 1% who did nothing to earn it apart from lobby the government. I object strongly that Trump has run up over $100 Million on his golfing trips..How many abortions would that pay for, or even school books, teachers, classroom refurbishments?

pyewacket

Quote from: pate on June 16, 2019, 10:02:07 AM

-----

Hey Pate, now that you have received divine edification from one of our "filthy communist liberal democrats" (I personally wouldn't let them off that easily), please allow me to offer an explanation that might make sense. It is really quite simple.

It all boils down to not inconveniencing the woman at any stage of the mother's association with the 'parasite' that she has carried for nine months. Look at the personal responsibility demonstrated by the mother. If she doesn't see to the welfare of the child before birth, then it becomes the responsibility of the welfare programs to see to the child after birth. It is easier for her to reach into our pockets than it is for her to reach into her refrigerator (only where the child is concerned) and make a sandwich.

Besides, her morning is most likely taken up by viewing CNN to find out how Trump has made her life even worse over the last 24 hours. 

i, for one, will miss your dog/puppy pics.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on June 16, 2019, 10:57:32 AM
Hey Pate, now that you have received divine edification from one of our "filthy communist liberal democrats" (I personally wouldn't let them off that easily), please allow me to offer an explanation that might make sense. It is really quite simple.

It all boils down to not inconveniencing the woman at any stage of the mother's association with the 'parasite' that she has carried for nine months. Look at the personal responsibility demonstrated by the mother. If she doesn't see to the welfare of the child before birth, then it becomes the responsibility of the welfare programs to see to the child after birth. It is easier for her to reach into our pockets than it is for her to reach into her refrigerator (only where the child is concerned) and make a sandwich.

Besides, her morning is most likely taken up by viewing CNN to find out how Trump has made her life even worse over the last 24 hours. 

i, for one, will miss your dog/puppy pics.

Ahh yes, dog whistle for the pious and pompous right wing zealot... Carry on sweetcheeks. Aren't you so very lucky you were born in an era when things were far easier and more affordable than they are today? (The answer is yes).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 16, 2019, 11:00:53 AM
Ahh yes, dog whistle for the pious and pompous right wing zealot... Carry on sweetcheeks. Aren't you so very lucky you were born in an era when things were far easier and more affordable than they are today? (The answer is yes).

Only an ideological zombie like you would equate pate’s dogs with your stupid dog whistle idea. It was originally meant to counter the catladies at Ellgab, you moron. ::) ::)