• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Noory made an apology to the callers for staying on hold for so long.  He said some hold on for hours and never can get on.  I find that irritating because anybody who listens, whether it's regularly or randomly, will always hear the same callers.  George is just uncomfortable talking to anybody new.  It really is a rarity.  We hear the same people call in all the time every single day, yet others can't get through.  It also reminds me of that stupid one month rule he had.  I recall callers bringing that up to him and good old George denied it.  Yeah, I guess we don't have ears.  Noory is weak and cannot stand to be challenged in the slightest way whatsoever.

I know...I know.  This is old hat, but I feel the need to spew it out every so often. 

Oh, has anybody noticed there is an uptick in callers kissing his ass lately.  George Noory is so important.  He's a caricature of himself and doesn't see it.

GNS but I'll still have the radio on.  Someday I'll turn it off.  Until then, it's my penance.

Dateline

Effective January 1, 2018 this disclaimer is being offered to all affiliates to air before the show:

This is not intended to be our opinion, but listen at your own risk.  Listeners have been shown to be appalled, frightened, and to have a lower IQ after frequent listening.  We are not responsible for the consequences.  Please wear ear plugs or keep the volume muted or low volume because you will hear irritating smacks as various guest warm up to the host.  Also, be aware that you will hear sucking sounds randomly throughout the night.  That is not the earth opening, it is just business as usual.   You have been warned.  From our rats to yours. 

GravitySucks

GNS - can’t even read his damn notes without tripping over his own tongue.

p.s. a routine combat patrol for a nuclear sub is NOT a routine reconnaissance mission.

Dateline

Norry, this is serious!  I have an UFO fantasy and I want to hear it fulfilled.  I want Peter Davenport to guest host some Coast shows. 

GravitySucks

So some naval aviator or comm operator really pulled his leg while he was (supposedly) flying on a P-3 Orion. While dropping sonabouys they convinced him they had an antenna that dropped all the way down into the water no matter how fly they were flying- and dipwad can only imagine a long wire.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on January 04, 2018, 01:18:17 PM
Noory made an apology to the callers for staying on hold for so long.  He said some hold on for hours and never can get on.  I find that irritating because anybody who listens, whether it's regularly or randomly, will always hear the same callers.  George is just uncomfortable talking to anybody new.  It really is a rarity.  We hear the same people call in all the time every single day, yet others can't get through.  It also reminds me of that stupid one month rule he had.  I recall callers bringing that up to him and good old George denied it.  Yeah, I guess we don't have ears.  Noory is weak and cannot stand to be challenged in the slightest way whatsoever.

I know...I know.  This is old hat, but I feel the need to spew it out every so often. 

Oh, has anybody noticed there is an uptick in callers kissing his ass lately.  George Noory is so important.  He's a caricature of himself and doesn't see it.

GNS but I'll still have the radio on.  Someday I'll turn it off.  Until then, it's my penance.
Didn't the one month rule reduce repeat callers?  Or was that another rule? 

I didn't know Poe could be so vulgar.

Jorch especially emphasized thrust.  Then followed up with  ......."slowly, very slowly."

So Jorch stepped out early tonight to replay this classhic.  Ted's titty bar must be closing early.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on January 04, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

...Oh, has anybody noticed there is an uptick in callers kissing his ass lately.  George Noory is so important.  He's a caricature of himself and doesn't see it.

I'm sure that's part of Tommee's Guidelines for Jorch Callers.  Rule #1  Don't hold back on kissing Jorch's ring and lick his boots vociferously.

GNS.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 05, 2018, 03:50:03 AM
I didn't know Poe could be so vulgar.

Jorch especially emphasized thrust.  Then followed up with  ......."slowly, very slowly."

So Jorch stepped out early tonight to replay this classhic.  Ted's titty bar must be closing early.

I was awake and stumbled across that by accident. Didn't he just play this? Was it Hallowe'en? Unbelievable, as Joorch would say. I wouldn't mind if it was a halfway decent reading, but it isn't, it's dreadful. An insult to Edgar. Has there ever been an individual who has travelled so far on such a complete lack of talent?

ShayP

Quote from: Jojo on January 05, 2018, 01:25:35 AM
Didn't the one month rule reduce repeat callers?  Or was that another rule?

Noory claimed it was for that reason but anybody who was a regular listener knew better because they would hear the same repeat callers a couple times per week.  I recall on several occasions where someone would call in and ask Noory why they are hearing these repeat callers.  Noory denied that was the case and insisted it was just one call per month for all callers.  I remember one particular person calling Noory a liar in that regard.  That didn't sit well with him.  ;D  Good old George trying to practice Jedi mind tricks.  ::)  ;)

ShayP

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on January 05, 2018, 10:31:09 AM
I was awake and stumbled across that by accident. Didn't he just play this? Was it Hallowe'en? Unbelievable, as Joorch would say. I wouldn't mind if it was a halfway decent reading, but it isn't, it's dreadful. An insult to Edgar. Has there ever been an individual who has travelled so far on such a complete lack of talent?

George is a renaissance man.  Not only is he a premium caliber radio host, he is a singer, a philanthropist, a man of health and wisdom, plus to top it all off he can dramatically recite poetry and prose.  I even heard people tell him he should consider being a presidential candidate!  We should all appreciate him a lot more.

...whew!  That took some effort to type.  I'm a bit nauseous now.  :D

I'm pretty sure Joe/Tom/Long Island/Bronx are all the same guy

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 05, 2018, 02:27:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Joe/Tom/Long Island/Bronx are all the same guy
But will he participate in helping "Billie" from California exhume her aunt?

ps: the other night, listening to New Years shows while taking down the Christmas lights and taking the tree out and noticed that Norry actually said, or tried to say, "February." Once, then he quickly resorted to "Feb" in mentioning all his "big events" coming up. I also laugh that he has taken to calling some of them "the invasion of," as in "Norry's Invasion of Salt Lake." He also is backing off politics a bit with his psychics, most of whom, seem to be from California and don't like Trump. But both he and Connie have allowed talk of assasinations which was a no-no for Art. Both prediction shows sucked.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 05, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

Not until the Spring thaw.

ItsOver

"C'mon, Tommee.  Let's blow this joint for some Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity!  Jest put on any 'ol recording, I don't care whut."

ps: the other night, listening to New Years shows while taking down the Christmas lights and taking the tree out and noticed that Norry actually said, or tried to say, "February." Once, then he quickly resorted to "Feb" in mentioning all his "big events" coming up. I also laugh that he has taken to calling some of them "the invasion of," as in "Norry's Invasion of Salt Lake." He also is backing off politics a bit with his psychics, most of whom, seem to be from California and don't like Trump. But both he and Connie have allowed talk of assasinations which was a no-no for Art. Both prediction shows sucked.

Thank yew for all yew do, albrecht.  ;D ;)

God knows I ran out of patience on Noory and only listen once in a while.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2018, 03:35:10 PM
Not until the Spring thaw.
Smart move by Joe/Tom/Long Island/Bronx. Digging her up now would be a heck of a job. If Norry had any sense of radio he would've let that segment go longer or ask least ask basic questions such "why do you want your aunt exhumed?" It could've been a fun/bizarre call.

ItsOver

Ha!  Invasion?  "Invasion of the Money Snatchers!"

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 05, 2018, 03:48:55 PM
Smart move by Joe/Tom/Long Island/Bronx. Digging her up now would be a heck of a job. If Norry had any sense of radio he would've let that segment go longer or ask least ask basic questions such "why do you want your aunt exhumed?" It could've been a fun/bizarre call.
It was pretty funny, even as it was, with Jorch's usual boobery.  Someone like Art would have filled a full segment with it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2018, 03:59:32 PM
It was pretty funny, even as it was, with Jorch's usual boobery.  Someone like Art would have filled a full segment with it.

The funniest part was her insistence that she need help right THEN. It was urgent.

Who knows. Maybe Noory was worried that the statue of immigrations was about to run out.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2018, 03:59:32 PM
It was, especially as Billie was so adamant about giving out her phone number.
Art would've also gone with a special "grave-robber line." "Now, only if you've robbed a grave or exhumed a body can you call on this line. If not I will hang up." "Yes, Billie from California on KFI, calm down dear. Please turn off your radio. Good, so you've exhumed a body..." "No Art but I need someone in Long Island to dig up my..." -Click- "again callers only IF you have dug up a body can you use this number."

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2018, 04:06:29 PMMaybe Noory was worried that the statue of immigrations was about to run out.

LMAO!!!!  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2018, 04:06:29 PM
The funniest part was her insistence that she need help right THEN. It was urgent.

Who knows. Maybe Noory was worried that the statue of immigrations was about to run out.
Heh, heh, heh.  Freaking Jorch.  He sounded like a belligerent parent with a persistent little child.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 05, 2018, 04:07:34 PM
It was, especially as Billie was so adamant about giving out her phone number.
Art would've also gone with a special "grave-robber line." "Now, only if you've robbed a grave or exhumed a body can you call on this line. If not I will hang up." "Yes, Billie from California on KFI, calm down dear. Please turn off your radio. Good, so you've exhumed a body..." "No Art but I need someone in Long Island to dig up my..." -Click- "again callers only IF you have dug up a body can you use this number."
LOL, nailed it.  Hell, Bell could have made an entire show out of it... sigh, I miss those nights.  :'(

I liked Tommy's nonchalant attitude to the whole thing, like listeners on hold are constantly calling him wanting advice on digging up relatives.

... Has there ever been an individual who has travelled so far on such a complete lack of talent?

Hilary and the three presidents prior to Trump come to mind

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 05, 2018, 04:49:26 PM
I liked Tommy's nonchalant attitude to the whole thing, like listeners on hold are constantly calling him wanting advice on digging up relatives.
It's thanks to that steady Twinkies-high Tommy likes to maintain.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on January 05, 2018, 08:32:14 PM
It's thanks to that steady Twinkies-high Tommy likes to maintain.

Thank you for that behind the scenes look at Tommy's cubicle at Premrat.  I think I saw a creme-filled submerging artist's work in that pile picked out and ready for Sunday night. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on January 05, 2018, 09:19:52 PM
Thank you for that behind the scenes look at Tommy's cubicle at Premrat.  I think I saw a creme-filled submerging artist's work in that pile picked out and ready for Sunday night.
Heh, heh.  The guy in the green shirt is the busiest man at PremRat.