• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nickelback

Started by Asuka Langley, March 02, 2018, 02:53:36 PM

albrecht

A year or so ago there was a big banner held by the cheerleaders while the team ran out at a local HS football game a friend of mine whose kid was on the team texted me the photo and the banner said "The- insert other HS- loves Nickleback."

I seriously didn't get the joke. But, also, never really heard of the band, except some Superbowl half-time that I didn't watch. I haven't listened to Top 40 in many decades- and this kills me in "Jeopardy!" sometimes.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 07:33:13 PM
Worst. Band. Ever.

You are listening to it wrong Nickelback is the modern day Pink Floyd you just have to listen to it properly. Nickelback is very deep music and the music begins to make sense when you listen to it 8 tracks together at one time. It's like when Pink Floyd synced up Dark Side Of The Moon with the Wizard of Oz. Scroll down the page and push play on all of the videos to feel the depth and immerse yourself in pure musical bliss. Or just use this youtube multiplier to play 8 of their top hits at once. It's just like the multitrack recording and tape loops Pink Floyd used and you even get some hints of Led Zeppelin Pan and Stereo Effects without any of the actual pan stereo effects.

It also helps if you spin around in circles till you get dizzy and fall down and hit your head on the coffee table and go to sleep for the full Nickelback experience.

For the Full Nickelback experience click here
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5a9a080de6861-nickelback8tracklayers.php

ksm32

Before they got really famous they were actually a really good heavy band but once those many, many Nickle's started rolling in.. well. About a year before they broke they bumped my band from the show we were on. Coz we were much gooder than were they ;D  We were DimeBack.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on March 02, 2018, 08:43:01 PM
Before they got really famous they were actually a really good heavy band but once those many, many Nickle's started rolling in.. well. About a year before they broke they bumped my band from the show we were on. Coz we were much gooder than were they ;D  We were DimeBack.

Yeah, I'd rather hear that. I suppose structurally their songs were typical but I just can't take that phony style of singing. They weren't the only ones guilty of it. Around the same time there were a handful of other bands emulating the exact same sound. Eyeroll directed at them, not you. ::)

Asuka Langley

Quote from: ksm32 on March 02, 2018, 08:43:01 PM

Are you Scott Stapp?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 02, 2018, 08:38:27 PM
You are listening to it wrong Nickelback is the modern day Pink Floyd you just have to listen to it properly. Nickelback is very deep music and the music begins to make sense when you listen to it 8 tracks together at one time. It's like when Pink Floyd synced up Dark Side Of The Moon with the Wizard of Oz. Scroll down the page and push play on all of the videos to feel the depth and immerse yourself in pure musical bliss. Or just use this youtube multiplier to play 8 of their top hits at once. It's just like the multitrack recording and tape loops Pink Floyd used and you even get some hints of Led Zeppelin Pan and Stereo Effects without any of the actual pan stereo effects.

It also helps if you spin around in circles till you get dizzy and fall down and hit your head on the coffee table and go to sleep for the full Nickelback experience.

For the Full Nickelback experience click here
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5a9a080de6861-nickelback8tracklayers.php

If you have to go that far to enjoy it is it really worth it? Honestly, I might come to appreciate the bump on my head in ways (at least as a precautionary tale) but I'll never enjoy Nickleback unless they MK Ultra me or something.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 08:50:23 PM
If you have to go that far to enjoy it is it really worth it? Honestly, I might come to appreciate the bump on my head in ways (at least as a precautionary tale) but I'll never enjoy Nickleback unless they MK Ultra me or something.

If you are looking for the MK Ultra effect do the same as above but listen to U2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2lbiS1fris

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 02, 2018, 09:01:09 PM
If you are looking for the MK Ultra effect do the same as above but listen to U2

My progression with U2: Meh...Hey, they're actually pretty...Don't care.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 02, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2lbiS1fris

Achtung Baby was their last pretty good album though I liked some of Zooropa particularly this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-dZvQxYX1g

As for Nickelback, yeah they suck bigtime with their pseudo-macho posturing.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 09:11:01 PM
My progression with U2: Meh...Hey, they're actually pretty...Don't care.

Oh stahp you thilly gooth

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2018, 09:12:49 PM
Achtung Baby was their last pretty good album though I liked some of Zooropa particularly this song.

Yep, I think it's their pinnacle and will always have a place in my heart for that one though Joshua Tree was quite good too.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 02, 2018, 09:19:31 PM
Oh stahp you thilly gooth

The next word was going to be good but I didn't make it that far with them. It had nothing to do with aesthetics although the girl I took to see them thought Bono was pretty hot. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 09:19:37 PM
Yep, I think it's their pinnacle and will always have a place in my heart for that one though Joshua Tree was quite good too.

My favorite is War though Joshua Tree is a close second.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2018, 09:21:47 PM
My favorite is War though Joshua Tree is a close second.

It wasn't until Joshua Tree that I even cared to check out their back catalog and then I appreciated it somewhat more.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 09:24:39 PM
It wasn't until Joshua Tree that I even cared to check out their back catalog and then I appreciated it somewhat more.

It wasn't the back catalog when I heard it.  I really loved Steve Lillywhite's production.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2018, 09:26:23 PM
It wasn't the back catalog when I heard it.  I really loved Steve Lillywhite's production.

Nor with me but what I'm saying is that when they first hit the scene I was learning to play guitar and was looking back more than anything. At that time I was very retro and disdainful of the hit parade for the most part. The 80s is when all the really cool bands that I heard my older brother and sister playing in the 70s sold out and turned into pussies. I found it upsetting in a way that most of my gen just didn't seem to care. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 09:31:31 PM
Nor with me but what I'm saying is that when they first hit the scene I was learning to play guitar and was looking back more than anything. At that time I was very retro and disdainful of the hit parade for the most part. The 80s is when all the really cool bands that I heard my older brother and sister playing in the 70s sold out and turned into pussies. I found it upsetting in a way that most of my gen just didn't seem to care. ;)

I was into the current music scene in the 80's .  I loved New Wave and the music coming over from Britain as well as some French and German artists.  At the same time,  I started really getting into the Beatles and the British Invasion, phase 1.  Later in the 80's, I got into the Beach Boys and a lot of 50's rockers.  The grunge scene kind of put an end to my focus on the current music scene.  I despised Nirvana and other groups like that though now I've come to respect and even like some of that music now.  I can't stand the current music scene.  It is manufactured pap that lacks any depth.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 09:31:31 PM

When i was learning to play guitar i learned the entire Giant Drag discography then worked my way up to Nirvana.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 02, 2018, 09:59:54 PM
When i was learning to play guitar i learned the entire Giant Drag discography then worked my way up to Nirvana.

I'm actually unfamiliar with that first one but as long as you made it to Nirvana, that's the main thing. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2018, 09:47:24 PM
I was into the current music scene in the 80's .  I loved New Wave and the music coming over from Britain as well as some French and German artists.  At the same time,  I started really getting into the Beatles and the British Invasion, phase 1.  Later in the 80's, I got into the Beach Boys and a lot of 50's rockers.  The grunge scene kind of put an end to my focus on the current music scene.  I despised Nirvana and other groups like that though now I've come to respect and even like some of that music now.  I can't stand the current music scene.  It is manufactured pap that lacks any depth.

Oh, me too! I loved punk and new wave. The first couple years of the 80s isn't that bad but then they really turned the suck up. Things didn't get better until Nirvana kicked the door down again. ;)

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 02, 2018, 10:11:57 PM
I'm actually unfamiliar with that first one but as long as you made it to Nirvana, that's the main thing. ;)

I was a stoner when i was young and Annie was mai stoner waifu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7G-Na-d-s