• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 11, 2015, 04:43:34 PM
God I hate it when the bad guys win.

Yep.. that's exactly what is happening here.  Very sad.

b_dubb

Midnight In The Desert - The Latest Victim Of Gun Violence In America

pyewacket

Quote from: b_dubb on December 11, 2015, 04:45:46 PM

Stop it! Not gun violence- unhinged behaviour.

bateman

It shouldn't end this way.  :-[

whoozit

Quote from: b_dubb on December 11, 2015, 04:45:46 PM
Don't forget the nut behind the trigger.  That is a bigger problem.

b_dubb

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:46:50 PM
Stop it! Not gun violence- unhinged behaviour.
Without the gun it's just some unhinged douchebag and everything goes on as planned. Without the the gun there's no story.

WildCard

Emergency GabCast?

Ms. C

I definitely understand, the best to you and your family, Art.

But I do need to post this here ... probably many of us feel this way. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9-PN1sftaI

pyewacket

Wanna bet Dave will announce this tonight on his show?

DynamoHum

Sad for Art, sorry for his family to have had to go through all this, sad for fans, sad for me. he was obviously enjoying the shows as much as the rest of us. Bloody tragic that some wankstain can take away someone's income not to mention something they loved. I hope the cops catch the turd. 

Really sorry this happened Art, you were building something amazing - was a pleasure to be part of it.

bellNwhistle

IF he tried to come back, I don't think radio programs would bother with him..  he's Art Bell, but  (not necessarily through any fault of his own) he's kind of jerked the stations around.  Who would want to jump on board again?  Makes me so sad and angry. 

popple

*sigh* very sad right now, but totally understand. The cops aren't catching them... no real other choice. I don't suppose Art would move his family back to the Philippines just to be able to do the show, but if that person is still creepin around while the show is off air....  :(

Will the Bell Philes continue? I like that show very much.

Coz

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:42:42 PM
I'm sorry that this is the way Art leaves his show. I'm sure he would have preferred to make his exit on his own terms. I hope this puts the matter to rest and the Bells can have their peaceful lives back.

The whole thing pisses me off.

Why give up? Law enforcement has to be on it. It's publicly known that it is happening- eventually there will be an arrest.

I would not fold. I'd get pissed, ship the family to the PI, and I'd win. Then go on as before.

But that's me. I never fold when options are on thew table.

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 11, 2015, 04:43:34 PM
God I hate it when the bad guys win.
I don't know whether he has or not.  There are plenty of fans who may not take this well at all.  Just guessing here, but I don't think this is the end of it. 8)

starrmtn001

Dear Art.

You and your family are far more important than a broadcast.  Don't worry, we will survive.  We're big kids now. ;)

popple

*hugs* to (redacted) <3 Best wishes. You did a  great job keeping the show rolling & it felt good knowing one of our own was involved. Only kind words from Art and his guests about you. I hope you can produce for Art again. I'm gonna hold on to hope that something happens & this is not the final goodbye. Not gonna cancel my sub... gonna wait until I get a reimbursement e-mail then sob :'(

IF this is the end of the ride,
It's been a great ride.
Thank you, Art.

CornyCrow

I would have hired a detective and done some investigation first, maybe with some security. 

But he has a child who deserves a normal life, and this is not fair to her.  She has friends, goes back and forth to school, etc. 

I have no argument with Art's decision.

Good luck, Art.   

Rick Deckard

Damn. Looks like I'll be going to sleep while listening to Art Bell reruns... forever.

So long, Art Bell. You're much loved and will be much missed.

Stay safe. Stay happy. And enjoy your family.

Merry Christmas.

berry

Well, I'm keeping my subscription to assist Art and Keith at least in the interim. I don't believe that this is final but for now it is probably good for Art to assess the situation and try to regain control (get cameras, keep open eyes, see if this truly ends the harassment etc).  I don't blame Art a bit for wanting to just stop and acquiesce just for now.  I wish that he would have shot the fucker originally though.

serenity

Very bad news Art but well understood. Wish there was something we could do to help. But that being said Thank you for the effort and the wonderful job. Thank you for the joy you brought to us all. Thank you for your honesty And lastly, Thank you for being there and all the nights you made me smile. Hope they catch this jerk. Sorry your family went through this.

73's old friend, not the end of the book, just this chapter

Serenity
AD5NW

popple

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:52:07 PM
Wanna bet Dave will announce this tonight on his show?

Then probably announce to Art if he wants to host he can come on anytime  ::)

AppealPlay

I knew it was inevitable but damn it I wish Art would just keep going. :'(

phrodo

I just don't know what to think right now. All I know is I'm sad.

bellNwhistle

I felt even before MITD started that something would screw it all up.  I wanted it to go well for him. Truly.

Skunk Ape

Uncle Duke

Sorry to see it end this way.  Not sure why Art thinks quitting will make him or his family any safer, must mean there was a message or warning explicitly threatening action tied to his remaining on the air.  Regardless, if he believes his family is at risk, their safety trumps everything else.

I do feel sorry for the over-the-air program directors who signed on to MITD.  Doubt there wasn't at least a few PDs who had to work hard to convince station management/ownership to hitch their wagon to MITD considering Art's history. 

whoozit

Quote from: popple on December 11, 2015, 05:13:35 PM
Then probably announce to Art if he wants to host he can come on anytime  ::)
If he does this I hope a molten pizza roll gets stuck in his vocal cords and welds his throat shut.  Errrr... and that it falls out and he recovers without a voice.

AppealPlay

Listen, I know Art is frightened for himself and his family but I feel like this is a terrible move.  Psycho stalker wins now. :'(

TigerLily

Too sad for words  :'(