• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lisa Garr

Started by yumyumtree, May 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

zeebo

Quote from: pate on March 08, 2015, 03:40:21 AM
Wasn't "Fred Dyer" in Airwolf or something?

I'd rather watch Airwolf any day than one of those lame Wayne Dyer specials.  Guy struts around on stage pilfering quotes from other great thinkers like Lao Tzu or Henry Thoreau, talking about them like they're his friends, telling anecdotes about some epiphany he had whilst watching butterflies on the beach in front of his island retreat.  What a cheeseball.

L. Ron Hubbard: "Dianetics"

This clown:  "Awakening Dynamics."

Isn't it nice that frauds recycle?

Quote from: zeebo on March 08, 2015, 03:57:51 AM
I'd rather watch Airwolf any day than one of those lame Wayne Dyer specials.  Guy struts around on stage pilfering quotes from other great thinkers like Lao Tzu or Henry Thoreau, talking about them like they're his friends, telling anecdotes about some epiphany he had whilst watching butterflies on the beach in front of his island retreat.  What a cheeseball.

I bought a couple of his books  :-[.  Well, actually the second one was being liquidated so I bought additional copies for my family. 

*bows head in shame

Oh, and I watched Airwolf  :P.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 04:02:12 AM
I bought a couple of his books  :-[.  Well, actually the second one was being liquidated so I bought additional copies for my family. 

I'm not one to talk, I've dabbled in some pop self-help in my day.  I'm not rejecting the whole category, it's just some of those guys are just repackaging previous ideas in simplified form for impatient audiences.  My advice, go check out their source material if they list it.

Quote from: zeebo on March 08, 2015, 04:10:53 AM
I'm not one to talk, I've dabbled in some pop self-help in my day.  I'm not rejecting the whole category, it's just some of those guys are just repackaging previous ideas in simplified form for impatient audiences.  My advice, go check out their source material if they list it.

Once I almost bought a book by Deepak Chopra.

Then I thought about it for awhile and decided it would cost a lot less just to chopra off my deepak.

Quote from: zeebo on March 08, 2015, 04:10:53 AM

That's good advice.  These guys always have a gimmick to make it sound original.  The guest tonight did as well, but when he started going through his step-by-step, I could have sworn I was listening to an old Anthony Robbins cassette.  He even seemed to use much of the same phrasing.  As the Major said, it also followed the same principals as L. Ron Hubbard; some attractive chick suckered me into Scientology when I was at a low point in my 20s, but I got out of there pretty quickly.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 04:25:00 AM
That's good advice.  These guys always have a gimmick to make it sound original.  The guest tonight did as well, but when he started going through his step-by-step, I could have sworn I was listening to an old Anthony Robbins cassette.  He even seemed to use much of the same phrasing. 

These motivational con artists model themselves after Robin Hood.

They steal from the witty and give to the dull.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 04:28:21 AM

You, sir, overfloweth with wit  :D.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 04:30:45 AM
You, sir, overfloweth with wit  :D.

Yeah, but a lot of it's filthy.

But, thanks, bud.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on March 08, 2015, 03:57:51 AM
Fred Dryer was in the great cop drama "Hunter", not Airwolf, that was famous for the catch-phrase "it works for me!" (usually used after he ofted a perp or used excessive force to the consternation of his partner the beautiful, but more "by the book," Sgt. Dee Dee McCall (Stephanie Kramer) who usually had to run interference for him as his department didn't like his cowboy-style of law enforcement! This type of plot had never been used before and never has been again!! I would rather watch a re-run of Hunter than C2C though.
-GNS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuPb16jRjY

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 04:35:32 AM

Yeah, but a lot of it's filthy.

But, thanks, bud.

Thanks for updating to the slightly more witty version of my original post.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 08, 2015, 03:16:20 PM
Thanks for updating to the slightly more witty version of my original post.

You're welcome.

Always on the lookout for wit.

yumyumtree

My ex-bf used to drive a limo and declared certain celebrities jerks.  It was partly, but not altogether, based on the way they tipped.  But Dyer was one of his least favorites. He hated Sylvia Browne.

I was thinking about this past life regression stuff the other night.  Of course reincarnation is incompatible with certain other belief systems, therefore a lot of people don't believe in it.  So if you don't believe in reincarnation, can you still be past-life regressed? If reincarntion doesn't exist, are past-life regressors con artists?

yumyumtree

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 04:19:46 AM

Then I thought about it for awhile and decided it would cost a lot less just to chopra off my deepak.

New York Magazine did an expose on Deepak Chopra back in the nineties.  He's had his ups and downs.  One of the things that caused me to hold Oprah in lower esteem was her admiration Deepak Chopra.

Pam J

I will only buy books for Dummies!

Pam J

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 08, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
New York Magazine did an expose on Deepak Chopra back in the nineties.  He's had his ups and downs.  One of the things that caused me to hold Oprah in lower esteem was her admiration Deepak Chopra.
Didn't George Harrison say Faul was so stupid when they made that trip to see Deepak?

Pam J

They steal from the desperate, depressed, disillusioned and dismayed. 

wr250

this mean jorch is a multi-billionaire ?

yumyumtree

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 06:56:55 AM
Didn't George Harrison say Faul was so stupid when they made that trip to see Deepak?

Are you sure it was Deepak?  I know that they went to see some controversial guru, but Deepak isn't a guru in the usual sense.

b_dubb

Quote from: Pam J on March 09, 2015, 07:03:59 AM
They steal from the desperate, depressed, disillusioned and dismayed.
you can't put a price on the power of the placebo.  well you can but that would make you degenerate parasite

pate

If I've suggested this as a Lisa Garr theme song before:

What I Am - Edie Brickell

Forgive...

Nebraska888

Please......no more Garr.   :P

pate

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 08, 2015, 05:02:37 PM

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 08, 2015, 04:19:46 AM

Oprah/Chopra are almost palindromes, but not the word exactly.  Perhaps I suffer from diphasia?  Nabdaggit, if I could only remember the name of the word...

Morphine - Souvenir

pate

May not be onto something:

HAD POKER PACE

it both has OPRAH & DEEPAK OPRAH as roots of the non-palindrome thing...

pate

PA, DOPE HACKER?

I just "channel" what the good lord gave me...

pate

COINCIDENCE!?!?

I think not...

I've listened to Garr since before she was on C2C as a host on Pacifica radio.  In her recent March 11th episode she even interviewed Noory about his latest book...

http://archive.kpfk.org/mp3/kpfk_150311_130030aware.MP3

Nebraska888

Please.......no more Garr.   :P  :P  :P   :P :P   :P

cweb

What a lovefest between Garr and Noory. Not sure what I was expecting, though.

Noory on how the show has changed: "The guests have gotten smarter... They just don't take the company line anymore."

Then he compares guests to Alex Jones?

Okay...

Juan Cena

Quote from: cweb on March 28, 2015, 03:59:24 PM
What a lovefest between Garr and Noory. Not sure what I was expecting, though.

Noory on how the show has changed: "The guests have gotten smarter... They just don't take the company line anymore."

Then he compares guests to Alex Jones?

Okay...

Too bad most of the C2C hosts haven't gotten any smarter. (Knapp and Ian being the exceptions.)